Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 118 Tuesday 10th January 2012

I have 'lost' my two 'special' friends! One has duped me, and the other has 'Put the M' in 'duped' and 'dumped' me! I have been duped by the 'special' friend that I had believed to be Rustle Brand. Following my mind numbingly funny blog of yesterday, he contacted me to arrange a meet up. We swapped email's, still without him giving away his true identity, and then he suddenly 'U' turned and ran away at great speed. He has led me up the garden path, as opposed to the yellow brick road, and ceremoniously dumped me at the front door. Actually, when you lead somebody up the garden path, are you leading them towards the front door or away from it? Or is it a back garden path, in which case, what way are you heading then? Anyway, whether front or rear, north or south, front door or garden gate, I have been led up it, tied to the post, stripped naked, and left there to be mocked by the passers by, all without so much as a marigold laden 'goodbye present'. Being ditched in the virtual world feels pretty much the same as being ditched in real life. Sometimes in real life you can see it coming, especially if the relationship has been going through a rocky patch, but at other times it can come out of the blue. You can be sat there, gazing into each other's eyes over a candlelit supper, when suddenly, 'vmphh', "I don't want to be with you anymore, can we still be friends?" I'm glad to say, I was indeed offered the 'Can we still be friends' line during my ditching by the 'make belief' Rustle, but was disappointed not to get the, 'It's not you, it's me' line. Anyway, there is no point me dwelling on it, it's over. Although before I do stop dwelling on it, which I really will in a minute, I'm not one to dwell, although having tried to work out who is behind MorrisseysWorld for the past four months, that could be regarded in some circles as 'major' dwelling, but in short term incidents, such as being ditched, 'virtually', that's virtually as in cyber space 'virtual' as opposed to 'nearly' virtual, after all, this is a proper ditching, not a nearly one, but as previously stated, it remains 'virtual'. Where was I? Oh yes, dwelling, before I stop dwelling, could it possibly be that I have got this completely and utterly wrong, and it WASN'T Rustle Brand after all? I have re-read his tweets and I'm still 'pretty' sure it is him, and if it isn't him, the only other person it could possibly be is, no?, surely not?, don't tell me I've just made a huge great whopping mistake?, tell me it's not The Mozziah himself? Could it possibly be that I misread it and this is the same person as my 'other' 'special' friend? Could it really be that 'People are the Same Everywhere'?, and me, the follower of The Mozziah has made 'the greatest mistake of all'? Have I been so wrapped up thinking I was talking to the one that looks like a chimp, that I have in fact missed the grinder of the organ and his explosive kegs,  standing there larger than life? Kelly Marie's spinning head is nothing compared to mine. And, if it isn't either of those two, then who was/is it? Which leads me nicely into my second ditching of the day. There can't be many people who have been dumped twice in one day? Actually, that's probably not true, there must be thousands of people who, when they are caught having an affair, are dumped by both the spouse/partner and the mistress. What's a gay person's equivalent to a bit on the side by the way? It obviously isn't mistress, could it be a friend of a friend of Dorothy? Anyway, my 'Spirit of Nico' friend has stop following me and therefore cut off our 'private pigeon hole' messages. I have been dumped by a spirit. My immediate reaction to all this devastating duping, dumping and ditching was to cease and dismiss from 'Following the Mozziah' and get back into the 'real' world, but I have enjoyed the comradery of my fellow 'followers' in the 'Twitterdilly Arms' and what's more, I have a chart to produce, do you think old Alan 'Fluff' Freeman would have abandoned his post just because he'd been ditched? Of course not, he was a pro, the show must go on, although if I'd hurt my eye ala Matt Walker, it would have been off! I shall now lick my wounds, and 'follow on', which is quite apt, because 'follow on' in cricketing terms means to have another go when you haven't done very well in the first place. I fully understand why my 'make belief' Rustle Brand decided against meeting up, and I bear no grudges. I would have loved to write comedy with him, but he doesn't of course need me. If I am to make it as a writer, I will have to do it the hard way, and not try and barge my way to the top. I have learnt a lesson. ( It wasn't The Mozziah, WAS IT?) I will miss my other 'special' friend more, but relationships with spirits rarely have longevity. Perhaps he/she will come back to my pigeon hole?
   And now, for the only chart that counts. Thanks to the sterling hard work of 'stillicling' in compiling the play list, the 'plays' have been counted and verified (by me, sort of) and the chart is as follows:

THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 8th JAN 2012

1. HEART - RITA PAVONE       NEW ENTRY
2. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY   NEW ENTRY
3. NOW MY HEART IS FULL - MORRISSEY NEW ENTRY
4. I KNOW IT'S GONNA HAPPEN SOMEDAY - MORRISSEY NEW ENTRY
5. DING-A-DONG - TEACH IN NEW ENTRY
6. KIT - MORRISSEY NEW ENTRY
7. DEATH OF A DISCO DANCER - THE SMITHS NEW ENTRY
8. WELL I WONDER - THE SMITHS NEW ENTRY
9. STRETCH OUT & WAIT - THE SMITHS NEW ENTRY
10. THE HEADMASTER RITUAL - THE SMITHS NEW ENTRY

I have already downloaded Rita Pavone from itunes, they only have the French version, 'Cuore'. I will now go and buy the original 7' vinyl version from 1966 on the black 'RCA Victor' label, catalogue number RCA 1553, I am salivating at the thought, it's just like the old days. Elvis was on RCA Victor, now what Elvis song was it that was number one the day The Mozziah was born? Oh yes. *Goes off singing* Pardon me, if I'm sentimental when we say goodbye, don't be angry with me should I cry when you're gone, yet I'll dream a little dream as years go by, now and then, there's a fool such as I.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your own 'Manuelgate' there. Sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twitterdilly Arms:
    Playlist - 10 January 2012

    The Smiths: Death Of A Disco Dancer
    Badfinger: Sweet Tuesday Morning
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Morrissey: Now My Heart Is Full (Portsmouth, 1995)
    Morrissey: Trouble Loves Me
    Rita Pavone: Heart
    Elvis Presley: A Fool Such As I
    Del Shannon: Runaway
    Heatwave: Boogie Nights (1977)
    Phantom Limb: The Pines
    The Bravery: An Honest Mistake (2004)
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Nico: These Days
    Rita Pavone: Heart
    Morrissey: People Are The Same Everywhere
    Mr. Blobby Music Video
    The Last Shadow Puppets: The Age Of The Understatement
    Morrissey: Hold On To Your Friends
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
    Morrissey: It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
    Morrissey: Suedehead (1991)
    Morrissey: Trouble Loves Me
    Morrissey: Sister I'm A Poet
    Shed Seven: Speakeasy (Glastonbury, 1995)
    The Smiths: How Soon Is Now
    Morrissey: Let Me Kiss You (Manchester, 2004)
    Morrissey: I'm Not Sorry (Manchester, 2005)
    Morrissey: I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
    The Smiths: Girlfriend In A Coma
    The Smiths: This Charming Man
    The Smiths: Hand in Glove (Glasgow, 1985)
    Kirsty MacColl: They don't know
    Morrissey: Lost (NY, 2000)
    Lou Reed: Perfect Day
    Nico: Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
    Morrissey: Mexico

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive