Total Pageviews

Friday, 20 January 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 128 Friday 20th January 2012

My new career as an unemployed wrestler is flourishing, the phone hasn't rung once and I haven't had a single bout, it's great! All this free time is allowing me to spend all day trawling Youtube for songs and films that have bypassed me in life, whilst also watching Test match cricket on tv, the unemployed have DEFINITELY got it right. Whilst trawling Youtube over the past couple of days, I have stumbled on some absolute Mozziah gems, new gems at that, well sort of. It is well documented that a dvd was made of The Mozziah in concert at The Hollywood Bowl in 2007, but it was never released, The Mozziah blocked it, claiming he was never consulted on it and that it was a 'slapdash release'. Apart from the eight or nine tracks from the concert that were released on the 'Greatest Hits CD', the rest, to my knowledge, have never seen the light of day, but in the last few days, footage from the dvd have started leaking onto Youtube, and not just from one person, but from three or four. Have Warner Brothers suddenly released it? It would appear not, so why are tracks suddenly appearing and why oh why did The Mozziah stop it?, it's incredible. The tracks/footage I have seen so far are; 'The Queen Is Dead', (which is just superb & I will do my best to get it into the Twit Arms Top 10 this week), 'Disappointed', 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty', 'Girlfriend In A Coma', 'First of the Gang to Die', 'You Have Killed Me', 'How Soon Is Now?', 'Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want' and 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'. Different songs seem to be being added on a daily basis, so it is presumably only a matter of time before the whole lot are available to view. I have looked at the track listing and the one I really want to see is 'Life Is a Pigsty'. It's funny, because as a Mozziah fan, I believe it is quite normal to have no definitive favourite song. It is a joke among a number of the Twitterdilly Arms regulars, that whenever a really good Mozziah song is played on the jukebox, we comment that it is a 'definite' Top 3 Mozziah song of ours, but we've all said that to about fifty songs, and if you were to ask me right here, right now, I would swear blind that 'Life Is a Pigsty' is an all time Top 3 favourite of mine, but by 4.30 this afternoon, that will have changed of course! How is 'his' music able to do that? Ask any 'normal' person what their Top 3 is, and they would probably reel off the same three that they have reeled off for years and years, ask a Moz fan and we haven't a clue. As for desert island discs, I'd need a jukebox full, thank God that's what I've got!
    All is still pretty quiet on The Mozziah front, as he spends time in the real world doing whatever it is that Mozziah's do. In the world of Twitterdilly, poor old Willoughby seems to have ignored my advice to run (or swim) for it, and she has joined us in the pub! A quick look through yesterday's timeline on the pub wall shows me that MW tweeted just once, to say, "My finger is now my healthiest feature", does that mean the end of the finger lingerie?, I hope not, the concerts just wouldn't be the same without the various finger dresses, so whether the finger is better or not, is now irrelevant, the lingerie MUST stay. 'MorrisseysMum' (from here on in to be referred to as MM) also popped up very briefly to tweet "Bleurggghhh", which is a repeat of his/her last two recent tweets. One can only presume, that despite a healthy finger, the rest of the body and mind are under constant torture at present, as the past is raked over and over by the lawyers, it can't be very pleasant for him, but unfortunately it has to be done, he HAS to stop the slurs once and for all in the High Court. I wouldn't be surprised if the NME are offering an out of court settlement by now, but however tempting that may be, to make it all go away, I personally think he HAS to go to court, otherwise it will never be COMPLETELY killed off. On a brighter note, Banjaxer tweeted, "Manchester rumours: Morrissey record deal being considered." Now THAT would be good news, are 'Universal' coming around to The Mozziah's demands? What are his demands? Will he release on the 'Fontana' & 'London' labels, as first predicted by me, here on my blog, on both the 4th & 5th October last year? 'BozBoorer' also tweeted yesterday, asking MW, "When will the diary be read Moz? Hope your well. godspeed." I've no idea if this is the real Boz or not, one would suspect not, but either way, he/she missed a 'y' off 'ready' and wrote 'your' instead of 'you're', easy mistakes to make of course, we've all done it. Actually, it's one of the most infuriating things in the world, to send a tweet and then realise that you've misspelt something. You can of course delete the offending tweet, but usually the damage has already been done, and some eagle eyed tweeter has already seen your error. I have no problem in donning a Batman or Robin suit and walking down my local High Street shouting, "I'm gay" at the top of my voice, but write 'to' instead of 'too' in a tweet, and I just want the ground to swallow me up! Talking of Boz Boorer, in the real world, the real Boz has announced that he will be playing a couple of gigs this weekend, with his band 'Happy Martyr'. They are playing 'Riffs Bar' in Swindon and 'The Railway Inn' in Winchester (is he sussing out potential venues for The Mozziah's next tour?). A couple of the Twit Arms regulars have talked about going to watch, but personally, I can't see why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against Boz, in the same way I've got nothing against Johnny Marr, but as I've said before, for me, it is ALL about the lead singer and the voice, it always has been. I used to go to a lot of concerts with a guy I shared a flat with for a number of years, who was (& still is) a bass player, and I would catch him looking at the various bass players on stage, and he'd be mentally playing along. When I go to concerts, my gaze rarely moves from the lead singer, I am transfixed, it is the showman that I have come to see, not a bass player, or in Boz's case a guitar player. I have watched 'Happy Martyr' on Youtube and the lead singer/rapper is woeful, truly woeful. I have never felt any urge to buy any records or watch Johnny Marr live, away from The Mozziah, and the same will be the case with Boz. Back in twit land, I continue to trade messages with the 'Spirit of Nico', (whoever he/she may be) and among the latest offerings I received, was a link to a song called 'Zwei kleine Italiener' by Conny Froboess. I had neither heard the song before or heard of Froboess, so I googled it, and her, and found that she is a German actress, famous from the 50's & 60's, and that the song was her entry for Germany in the Eurovision song contest of 1962, where she finished sixth. I am getting a great education from my German spirit friend, who obviously knows that I have a love of the Eurovision Song Contest, which, even now, in it's darkest hour, I watch religiously every year, although, it is of course nothing like it used to be in the good old days, but then, what is? Also on twotter, my musical and cinematic education is being enhanced by the mysterious 'Caterita2008', the so called Italian housewife, who was the first to refer to Boz Boorer in a dress as Elsie Tanner. 'Caterita' has been sending Youtube links to various Italian films and songs, including a lot of Sophia Loren and Vittorio De Sica. I now have a thirst to discover everything Italian. I am off to watch 'Ladri di Biciclette' on 'Caterita's' recommendation, and I cannot stop listening to Sophia Loren's 'Bing Bang Bong'. How did I EVER have time for work? And therein lies the problem, I have spent all my adult life working and have missed out on the important things in life. It is time to make amends. * Goes off singing* "Presto presto do your very besto, don't hang back like a shy little kid, life is very looooong when you're lonely".
STOP PRESS: True To You has just announced that The Mozziah will play in Peru on Feb 29th and the concert that had been rumoured for Chile on the 24th has also been confirmed. The Mozziah will also play in Santiago on Feb 26th and shows in Argentina & Columbia are expected to be announced next week.

3 comments:

  1. I remember watching films with Conny as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Twitterdilly Arms:
    Playlist - 20 January 2012


    Doris Day: Tea For Two
    Buddy Holly: Well All Right
    Morrissey: Sing Your Life & There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
    Rita Pavone: Heart
    Morrissey: Let Me Kiss You
    Jamie Cullum: All At Sea
    Morrissey Picks Up Little Girl In Atlanta
    Morrissey: You Have Killed Me (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Smiths: This Charming Man (New York Vocal Mix - Side A)
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: The Queen Is Dead (Live At The Hollywood Bowl
    Jamie Cullum: All At Sea
    Morrissey: The Bed Took Fire
    T-Rex: Jeepster
    Morrissey: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: The Bed Took Fire
    Morrissey: First Of The Gang To Die (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Disappointed (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Sophia Loren: Bing Bang Bong
    Morrissey: Trouble Loves Me
    The Foundations: Back On My Feet Again
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey Picks Up Little Girl In Atlanta
    Morrissey: Everyday Is Like Sunday
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: The Queen is Dead (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Disappointed (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Magic Numbers: Love Me Like You
    The Cure: Friday I’m In Love
    Morrissey: Jack The Ripper (Original Version)
    David Bowie: Up The Hill Backwards
    Louis Armstrong: What A Wonderful World
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Satan Rejected My Soul
    The Vengaboys: Woah! I'm Going To Barbados
    Cookie Monsta: Bleurgh!
    Etta James: Pushover
    Etta James: Nobody Loves You Like Me
    Etta James: I'd Rather Go Blind
    The Ramones: I Wanna Be Sedated
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Tomorrow
    Everything But The Girl: Cross My Heart / Little Hitler
    The Jesus & Mary Chain: Sometimes Always
    Echo & The Bunnymen: The Killing Moon
    Ryuichi Sakamoto: Risky
    All We Are: Come Back Safe
    All We Are: Sooner Or Later
    James: Getting Away With It
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An addition to the above playlist:

    Monique Melsen - Eurovision 1971: Pomme, Pomme, Pomme

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive