Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 132 Tuesday 24th January 2012

Bloody dog. Just because he'd had enough sleep by 4.30am, it didn't mean I had. Mind you, I think I may have been awake already, even before his 4.30 wash and roll, my mind was active. It tends to be at it's most active either just as I'm going to sleep, or just as I'm coming around. This morning, my mind was full of, no, not The Mozziah, but soothsaying! This is ridiculous. I wake up at 4.30 in the morning and I find that my mind is racing with thoughts of fortune tellers, and what's more, as I lay there in my bed, I'm not just having thoughts about them, I'm deciding that I no longer wish to be an unemployed wrestler, but I am now wanting to be an unemployed fortune teller, although I prefer soothsayer, it sounds more important. So now of course, my mind starts thinking about what name I should adopt as an unemployed soothsayer? Thoughts of famous fortune tellers race through my mind; 'Gypsy Rose Lee', 'Log Lady', 'Solitaire'(from 'Live & Let Die'), 'Santona' ('the one that sees', from Ladri di Biciclette), 'Mystic Meg', the one that Ronald Regan used to go to *quick google* 'Joan Quigley', have you noticed anything yet?, they all seem to be women! Hold on, Nostradamus, oh and what about the one who told Caesar to "beware the ides of March" *another quick google* Unnamed! That doesn't help, was it a he or a she? And what about double acts? These are all solo artists, has there ever been a successful soothsaying double act? Actually, I remember 'Solitaire's' mother was also a fortune teller wasn't she? Did they do a mother and daughter act? My mind continues to conjure pictures. I am now seeing Whoopi Golberg in 'Ghost' and Joan Sims in the 'Ouija Board' video, my fortune telling is starting to get mixed up with talking to the dead, and what has any of this got to do with The Mozziah, and why hasn't he done any interviews recently? I don't suppose there are many publishments who he would particularly want to talk to, is there even a British music press industry anymore? Obviously there is the eNMEy, which he is hardly likely to speak to, but is there anyone else? I've never bought music papers so I wouldn't know. I used to get Smash Hits as a young teenager, it was great back then, when it first started, it would be full of Elvis Costello and Blondie and I would cut out the lyrics to my favourite songs and pin them to my bedroom wall. That's what Smash Hits was about in the beginning, printing the lyrics to songs. When it changed away from that, I lost interest in it. My other 'must have' comics and magazines as a child were 'The Beano', 'Roy of the Rovers' and 'Shoot'. My mum must've spent a fortune on me, I didn't appreciate it at the time, I wonder if it's too late to say thanks? Right, today's blog is going nowhere, so I shall stop and just get on with the charts. 
 A special thank you to 'stillicling', who continues to painstakingly compile a list every single day, of every single song played in 'The Twitterdilly Arms', it really is greatly appreciated, I personally would have given up ages ago. If she ever stops, I'll just make the chart up, which I'm tempted to do anyway, but how could I when she puts in such an effort? The Mozziah continues to dominate the chart this week, (funnily enough) with eight solo entries ('How Soon Is Now' & 'The Queen Is Dead' both counting as solo because it's the Hollywood Bowl versions), one entry from 'The Smiths' and one from 'Rita Pavone'. The discovery of all the Hollywood Bowl footage has had a big influence on the chart, and last week's number 1 & 2, ('Scandinavia' & 'People Are The Same Everywhere') have both fallen out of the Top 10 completely. 
   Meanwhile, The Mozziah remains absent from Twitter, could he possibly be finalising that record deal? Talking of twitter, I asked my 'Spirit of Nico' if he/she had watched the brilliant film, 'The Talented Mr Ripley'? He/she sent me back a link to 'Plein Soleil', which just happens to be the original 1960 version of 'Ripley', starring one of The Mozziah's favourite actors Alain Delon. I had no idea there was an original to 'The Talented Mr Ripley', my education continues, and now I have yet another film to add to my 'must watch' list.
  "And finally Esther", "and finally Cyril", The Mozziah (@MW)  has now been re-tweeted over 100 times.....it's Tour Diary time, I say, IT'S TOUR DIARY TIME!

THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 22nd JANUARY 2012

1. (DOUBLE 'A' SIDE) LIFE IS A PIGSTY/HOW SOON IS NOW (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
2. THE QUEEN IS DEAD (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (UP 2)
4. LET ME KISS YOU (LIVE AT PINKPOP 2006) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
5. HEART - RITA PAVAONE (DOWN 2)
6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY - MORRISSEY (UP 2)
7. REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY)
8. SUEDEHEAD - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
9. I'VE CHANGED MY PLEA TO GUILTY (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
10. DISAPPOINTED (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)

Footnote: I think my unemployed soothsayer name shall be, 'The Whiskered Wonder'.

4 comments:

  1. On a Sunday a few weeks ago I happened upon reruns of an American TV show called 'Psych' and its main character is a male psychic who solves crimes with his ability. Of course, by watching you find out he is faking, that he has a photographic memory. I'd only seen the show 2 or 3 times before, and that particular Sunday didn't offer much to watch and I didn't want to read, so I decided to watch. Imagine my surprise when at the beginning of the show, I spy the Log Lady (with log) run past the screen chasing some child. Now I was alert, and came to realize this episode was a take off on 'Twin Peaks'(even with some of the same characters). After the show I looked it up on the internet and that episode was from 12/2010 called 'Duel Spires'. But the plot thickens when as I'm going though the list of past episodes I find one from 08/2007 titled 'Meat is Murder, but Murder is Murder'??? Any ways,wasn't Edgar Cacye a real psychic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star of Psych, James Roday, is a big Smiths/Morrissey fan and occasionally uses Moz lyrics as dialog. He is friends with Janice Whaley who did The Smiths Project...recording all of The Smiths songs using her voice for all parts in one year. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I watch very little TV, and just started watching 'Psych', I'll pay more attention now. I just knew that with an episode called "Meat is Murder' someone on the show had to be a Morrissey fan. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. The Twitterdilly Arms:
    Playlist - 24 January 2012

    The Shins: New Slang
    Starland Vocal Band: Afternoon Delight
    Kinks: Waterloo Sunset
    The Smiths: Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
    Morrissey: I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Happy Martyr: Painkillers
    ABBA: Arrival
    Stephen Molloy: Like A Soldier
    Matt Monro: The Impossible Dream
    Elvis Costello & The Attractions: Pump It Up (1978)
    Alvin Stardust: Red Dress
    Tommy Roe: Dizzy
    Eartha Kitt: C'est Si Bon (Live Kaskad, 1962)
    Ballet Corella: Romeo & Juliet (Prokofiev)
    Morrissey: The Queen Is Dead (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Smiths: William It Was Nothing
    Morrissey: Ouija Board, Ouija Board
    Nancy Sinatra: End Of The World
    Rita Pavone: Heart
    Morrissey: Come Back To Camden
    Brian Fahey Orchestra: At The Sign Of The Swingin' Cymbals
    Brian Fahey Orchestra: At The Sign Of The Swingin' Cymbals
    Brian Fahey Orchestra: At The Sign Of The Swingin' Cymbals
    Morrissey: Trouble Loves Me
    Morrissey: Let Me Kiss You
    Morrissey: The Queen Is Dead (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Scandinavia
    The Smiths: Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
    Man Made: Lucky
    Morrissey: Scandinavia
    Sophia Loren: Bing Bang Bong
    Morrissey: You Have Killed Me (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Girlfriend In A Coma (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: First Of The Gang To Die (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Stone Roses: Elephant Stone
    Happy Martyr: Kiss Me Like You Stole It
    The Smiths: Stretch Out And Wait
    Happy Martyr: Sailing Close To The Wind
    Happy Martyr: Painkillers
    Happy Martyr: You Know Where I Live & Parachutes
    Happy Martyr: Sleep Tight
    Morrissey: Now My Heart Is Full
    The Green Fields of France
    Marc Bolan & T.Rex: The Slider
    Lois & The Love: Dark Serenade
    Morrissey: Everyday Is Like Sunday High Definition
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Beatles: Yesterday Lyrics
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    Stephen Molloy: Like A Soldier
    Jeff Buckley: I Know It's Over
    Drimble Wedge & The Vegetations: Bedazzled
    The Puppini Sisters: Panic
    Morrissey: Cosmic Dancer
    Morrissey: Life Is A Pigsty / How Soon Is Now (Live At The Hollywood Bowl)
    The Smashing Pumpkins: Ava Adore

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive