Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 153 Tuesday 14th February 2012

Yesterday has left me fuming. People who I had thought of as friends in The Twittterdilly Arms turned on The Mozziah. A single tongue in cheek tweet from '@MorrisseysWorld' saying he'd been "distressed to hear of Oprah Winfrey's passing", left, so called 'fans' baying for his blood. If it had been Mitt Romney who had died and MW had joked that he was distressed to hear of Ray Clemence's passing, those so called fans would have been laughing. If the joke had been about Margaret Thatcher's death, again, all round hysterics from the masses, but because it was about Whitney Houston, who happened to be black, racist allegations are thrown at The Mozziah by '@Amor_y_locura', who tweeted, "They all look alike, right? Between this & the African child pic it's gotten to the point I hope you're not Morrissey." She continued, "And if you are, this comment isn't exactly persuading anyone you don't hold antiquated dismissive views of dark-skinned folk." WHAT THE HELL HAS RACE GOT TO DO WITH THAT JOKE? '@Hector_Lector' jumped straight on the band wagon by tweeting, "You're not the only one to be annoyed, Aurora. This is much worse than just bad taste. Disgusting, in fact." '@RosyMires' was another to denounce The Mozziah by tweeting, "Some bits were funny but the moors murders bit? The crying African child? IBS? Moz would be hurt by that." Just to put the record straight, MorrisseysWorld has never written about the moors murders, but had a mocked up picture of Brand & Wossy as Hindley & Brady, which I, and many others, found funny. A picture of a crying child joking that they couldn't find a copy of the album Years of Refusal was an obvious joke. Has Moz got IBS? Who knows, but the parody comedy about it is hilarious, and very Kenneth Williams. Another to accuse The Mozziah of poor taste was '@Mancladmozfan', and one further person who has informed me that they no longer believe that The Mozziah is behind MW is '@stillicling'.
   With heavy heart, I have decided to stop following these five people. I have exchanged many tweets with them over the past five months and even thought of them as friends, but I am only here because of The Mozziah and as they have turned their backs on him, I will turn my back on them. I'm sure The Mozziah will be far more forgiving, but I only want to befriend those who support him. Some of these five are friends with 'Banjaxer', who two days ago tweeted, "Whitney Houston died years ago", and yet they did not condemn this comment in any way. It would appear it is one rule for one, and one for another. I hate to see the Twitterdilly Arms turn into the Lord of the Flies, but it is what it is. The Mozziah has written a deep thinking article about art on MW and he also tweeted to say, "I'm too weary of the abuse to respond." Having experienced all the hurt on So-low, he has now had to face it in the Twit Arms too.
   It is now 12.45am and I am going to bed. In twelve hours time, I am due to do the Twitterdilly Arms Top 10 countdown, but at this moment in time I can see no point, in fact, I see no point in going back to twitter.
  *12.30pm Update* I have just peeked into twitter for the first time today. Some people have tried to explain themselves, but really there is nothing to explain, it is fairly simple to me, if anybody thinks The Mozziah is either racist or thinks he has poor taste, I don't feel the need to befriend them. Perhaps when they see that they have denied him, they will apologise to him. They still come to the Twitterdilly Arms because they have built friendships, but the Twit Arms was designed for those who believe The Mozziah is behind MorrisseysWorld, it is the equivalent of atheists going to church because they like the other people who go, enjoy singing the hymns, and fancy a bit of bread and wine. For me, it doesn't work like that, although I do quite like Christmas carols!
  I am in no mood to produce todays chart.

CHART ADDED MONDAY 20TH FEB & BROADCAST ON TWIT, THURSDAY 16TH.

THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY 2012

1. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
2. DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP ME - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. LET ME KISS YOU - MORRISSEY (DOWN 2)
4. LIFE IS A PIGSTY - MORRISSEY (DOWN 1)
5. HEART - RITA PAVONE (DOWN 1)
6. I'VE CHANGED MY PLEA TO GUILTY - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
7. THE LAST OF THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOYS - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
8. REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN - THE SMITHS (DOWN 3)
9. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY - MORRISSEY (DOWN 2)
10. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND - ANN MARGRET (NEW ENTRY)

7 comments:

  1. I think that is how a lot of us are feeling as we only came on Twitter because of Moz. When he took a break last time I tweeted that without him Twitter seems rather pointless! I am still not sure what to make of it all but thought the Oprah joke quite funny. I don't believe it referred to race at all rather once again to indistinguishable pop music. What a voice, what crap songs! The African child joke I am less comfortable with but it is clearly meant as a joke, and possibly having a dig at politicians not to sort these problems out. I don't have to like everything on the blog and never liked Log Lady but overall it is a great site and MW tweets are very witty! Maybe it is time for all of us to have a break and get things into perspective again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with all your comments above GirlOnBike.
    When I read the tweet about Oprah Winfrey I had a little
    laugh and this was before knowing other people's reaction
    to the comment.
    I can't really add any more to what has been written above.

    I also agree with Rats view of things, his detective work is very commendable !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up. Worse things happen at sea. Imagine a WH memoral evening on a nuclear submarine. Now THAT would be considerably worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now THAT could have been considerably better without the typo:o)

      Delete
    2. Oh girl, poor Mozzer! You do pull him up every time! He might get scared of you soon... :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for writing today. Thank you for writing everyday. I always appreciate the work you put into it - I have always told you that. I know how much of your time it requires. I think it is very special that you have continued to share your writing with us everyday. Even when you felt there was little to say, you still wrote, you came here, and you shared it with us. Thank you.

    I appreciate your writing today just as much as I always have. My feelings have not changed just because what you wrote today was difficult for me to read. I am still here - still a friend. Just as I have always been. Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologise for delay in my response I missed this earlier.
    I hope you & MW received my tweet last night, with song intended to offer my support.It is my belief that the Oprah tweet was sent with tongue very much in cheek, however clearly some others didn't see it that way.
    I feel genuine warmth towards the twitterdilly regulars & don't like to think of folk hurting.
    I hope this can be resolved in time, but only time will tell.
    Rattie you have invested so much of your time in this & sincerely hope you don't leave us.

    Happy F*ckin Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive