Total Pageviews

Saturday, 25 February 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 164 Saturday 25th February 2012

Festival de Vina del Mar, Chile Friday 24th Feb 2012

SET LIST:
1. I Want The One I Can't Have
2. First Of The Gang To Die
3. You're The One For Me Fatty
4. When Last I Spoke To Carol
5. Black Cloud
6. Speedway
7. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
8. Everyday Is Like Sunday
9. I Know It's Over
10. Let Me Kiss You
11. People Are The Same Everywhere
12. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
13. Meat Is Murder
14. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
15. I Will See You In Far Off Places
16. Scandinavia
17. You Have Killed Me
18. How Soon Is Now?

This show was streamed live last night/early this morning via www.televisiongoo.com, so I stayed up way past my bedtime, to the advertised start time of 1am, to watch it. Unfortunately, the advertised time was wrong, and the show didn't start until 3am UK time, so with heavy heart (actually tied eyes), I went to sleep instead!

This morning, I have woken up and ploughed through Youtube to see what I can find from last night's show. So far I have found an excellent recording of 'First Of The Gang To Die', which I presume is from the official tv footage, plus there is an ok recording of 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'. These two videos show that The Mozziah is dressed in a bright 'rose red' shirt (surely a sign?), but there is no sign of either the infamous stringy belt, or indeed a normal belt, has Boz hidden them again?, if he has, he'll be back in the woman's clothing before he can say 'Slippery Forces'.

The finger lingerie has made a welcome return and it must now be presumed, that The Mozziah is either parodying himself, or parodying the like of Chris Martin from Coldplay, who wears lots of ridiculous plasters on his fingers. We all know that the spelk has been removed from The Mozziah's finger, and he hasn't been wearing any finger lingerie in Chile prior to the concert, so it is obviously now being worn for pure parody purposes, or as another 'sign' to MorrissyWorlders.

Another song to have appeared on Youtube is 'I Want The One I Can't Have', but although the audio is ok, it is filmed from too far away. A recording of 'Let Me Kiss You' has also been posted, but it is spoiled by a member of the audience singing along. Actually, it doesn't spoil it, it's very amusing, as the woman sings so out of tune, it adds a 'Je ne sais quoi' to the whole performance. At the point in the song where The Mozziah rips his shirt off, 'Mrs Chile-out-of-tune' screams and then sings/screeches with renewed gusto. We've all stood next to somebody like Mrs C, in fact, I'm sure some people reading this 'are' Mrs C, but hey, they're happy, so leave them alone!

I have not had to visit So-Low, because Rosy Mires (pronounced Mirez) has posted the whole set list on MorrisseysWorld, in the comments section of a new article, which is entitled, "A thread for discussion of the Blue Rose Society on this tour. Post your concert reviews, comment on 'signs' and spread the word about the rose'. This article also links into my 'Blue Rose' history blog entry from Thursday, and also says, "Roses should be red or white (rarely blue) and devoid of thorns. Do not throw them at the seminal artiste but rather throw them on stage." The Mozziah has written the bit about not throwing them 'at' the seminal artiste, because a number of years ago, he was hit in the eye by a flower. This can be viewed on Youtube by typing in 'Miserable Lie Smiths Derby 83'. I also believe that The Mozziah has written "rarely blue" to indicate that 'Trouble Loves Me" will very rarely be played, and I'm certainly not expecting to see it on this tour. It would be very special if it was saved for the next UK concert.

As I am writing this, I keep checking Youtube, and 'How Soon Is Now' has just been posted. It is the final song of the set and as there are no sign of any roses on the stage, I think it is safe to assume that none made it all night, although in fairness, I don't think anybody was expecting any at this festival, but tomorrow night at the Movistar Arena in Santiago, there WILL be roses thrown, with the likes of '@rafasanhueza' already having pledged to throw them. So now, we must wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. Well....You heard my audition....Guilty!!

    A fellow 'Mrs C'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, although not had the pleasure of seeing him rip his shirt off - yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something on the blog about this finger plaster appearing in old MorrisseysWorld pieces. I think it's yet another sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the observations Rats and it will be fun for us to spot clues and signs during all the shows.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive