Total Pageviews

Monday, 5 March 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 173 Monday 5th March 2012

Geba, Buenes Aires, Argentina 4th March 2012


SET LIST:
1. First Of The Gang To Die
2. You Have Killed Me
3. You're The One For Me, Fatty
4. There Is A Light
5. Everyday Is Like Sunday
6. When Last I Spoke To Carol
7. Alma Matters
8. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
9. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
10. I Will See You In Far-Off Places
11. I Know It's Over
12. Let Me Kiss You
13. Meat Is Murder
14. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
15. Scandinavia
16. How Soon is Now?
ENCORE: 17. (A cappella line from I Won't Share You & into) One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

Yesterday afternoon (UK time, mid morning in Buenes Aires) everything went manic, as The Mozziah proved beyond all doubt that he is behind MorrisseysWorld, so I woke up this morning, honestly expecting the whole thing to have gone viral, as the newspapers picked up on it all. But no, not only has it not gone viral, it's not gone anywhere, it's still right there, where it always was, and not a newspaper in sight, not even The G*ardian, who report on The Mozziah's every sneeze.

Let me go over some of yesterday's events, to try and explain why I thought MW would go viral.   After I'd posted my blog, in which I had mentioned Morrissey being photographed 'out and about' in an 'Immaculate Conception' t-shirt, MorrisseysWorld posted a photo of The Mozziah, under the heading, er, 'The Mozzih'(catchy eh?) in the said t-shirt (and incidentally still wearing 'trash gold' nail varnish from the night before), and also posted a copy of the 'tweet' I'd mentioned yesterday, that '@MorrisseysWorld' had posted on twitter last November, which read "The immaculate infection becomes the immaculate conception". Everybody on twitter seemed to take this as a DEFINITE sign, that MORRISSEY is behind MorrisseysWorld and then to REALLY confirm it, '@MorrisseysWorld' re-tweeted a tweet from the supporting act on this tour, Kristeen Young ('@KristeenYoung') which said, "Shattering misconceptions takes much longer thn dream & ear drum shattering. Concepts r bastards, esp. when coupled w/'mis'." I hadn't even noticed that Kristeen Young had tweeted him on Feb 16th because it was slap bang in the middle of 'Houston Gate' and I was up in the dock. WHAT A CLUE - Kristeen Young tweeted Morrissey and I missed it, even www.morrisseysworldismoz.blogspot.com missed it. MORRISSEY IS BEHIND MORRISSEYSWORLD. 


'@MorrisseysWorld' also changed his twit profile picture to a blue rose, confirming that Morrissey really wants roses thrown at his concerts. 


Meanwhile, back at the MW blog ranch, another article was posted, entitled, "Morrissey is the All Seeing Eye". This article showed a photo of Morrissey holding his thumb and forefinger together, to form a circle, which 'Comrade Harps' then pointed out, came from the book 'Peepholism' (no longer available from any good high street book retailer or other distributor). MW has shown this 'circle' symbol on a number of previous occasions, and also made this sign at the end of the 'Conan' tv performance, on the US tour. The significance of this article later came to fruition during the encore of last night's concert, when Morrissey made the same sign. It can be seen on Youtube, although today on twitter, some disputed that he had made the sign. Immediately after the concert, '@heathercat222' tweeted to '@MW', saying,  "Another amazing coincidence - during tonight's encore, Moz made the same hand gesture featured on your blog today. Eerie!" '@MW' didn't reply, but DID re-tweet Heather's tweet, thus confirming she was right.

IT'S ALL SO OBVIOUS, HOW MANY MORE 'SIGNS' CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY NEED? WHERE ARE THE MEDIA, STILL AT THE LAUNCH OF FIFA 2012? (see previous blog entry about a soft lad G*ardian journalist, sorry, I can't remember his name, or what one of the 173 days of Mozziah following it is on, but if you're new to this site, please feel free to start right at the very beginning, it's a highly entertaining read, even if I do say so myself!) But hold on, forget the media, it would appear that despite everything, not only has The Mozziah not managed to convince the outside world, he STILL hasn't even convinced his own followers yet! 


Even now, despite ALL the evidence, a number of the devout followers, STILL don't truly believe it is The Mozziah. It would appear that; subtlety, wit and smoke & mirrors, are not enough, and unless Morrissey actually stands on stage and announces "I am behind MorrisseysWorld", I don't think certain people will ever believe him. In fact, even if he does stand on stage and say, "I am behind MorrisseysWorld", I still don't think they'd believe him, they'd just say Morrissey was 'playing along with it'. This is great, this is what he wants....isn't it?.


At the beginning of the US & Mexico tour, back in November, the regulars of the 'Twitterdilly Arms' (for all new readers, this is just the name we give to twitter, where we Morrissey lovers talk about Moz & not much else, please feel free to join us, tweet me '@TheRatsBack' or any of the other twitter people I've mentioned) all decided to adopt a rose as their profile picture on twitter, as support for 'Blue Rose Society' (as it was later to be named). A number of the 'regulars' also wore roses to the concerts and a few of them allegedly threw them on stage. After the tour, most regulars kept the 'rose' as their profile picture, but those who had doubts, took theirs away, and one by one, they have all slowly started to disappear, and now, only seven remain.


 Yesterday, one of the longest serving members (if that's what they're called) of 'Blue Rose', '@stillicling', took her rose away, so this morning, I tweeted '@stillicling' to say, "Sorry to see your rose has gone. Have you truly grasped just what we are experiencing here? We are so lucky." I copied the tweet in to fellow 'doubter', '@RosyMires' and my tweet was also picked up by Sun reader '@GirlOnBike1102', who has also taken down her rose picture. All three replied to my tweet, with 'RosyMires'(pronounced Mirez) saying, "Honestly Rat - once I know Morrissey is happy then I'm happy. 100%." '@GirlOnBike' said, "All that has been 'proven' really, is that Moz obviously reads the blog. It is still not proven that he has anything to do with it as such and we will never find out. I'd like to believe he has but that may be wishful thinking! It's ok though. It is fun and I am happy to play along!" '@stillicling' replied to me by saying, "I understand your perspective. I really do, and I do feel very lucky for this experience, but I think for a reason that is different from yours. it's just a difference of opinion. It's not bad. This does not change the way I feel about Morrissey."

You could've knocked me down with a feather, there is The Mozziah asking all his disciples to help him spread the word and also destroy the vile site So-low, and yet here are his disciples, denying him. In my disbelief and despair, I sent another tweet saying, Unbelievable, truly unbelievable." 'BikeGirl' replied, "Not unbelievable, just cautious and reasonable!" She followed this up with, "Just stop trying to tell everyone what to think or do Ratty!" Did Simon Peter have this problem with 'Matthew', 'John' and 'Thomas' when old JC was away on business? Did Simon Peter say, "Come on chaps, let's go and spread the word of the lord", only to have Matthew say, "Don't tell us what to think or do chummy, you're not God you know, if we don't want to believe today, you can't make us, now naff off." The funny thing is, I didn't tell anyone what to think, I just pointed out the blindingly (although apparently not so) obvious. I was going to call on everybody to put their roses back into their profiles, but it would appear they've had enough of me spouting off. I didn't ever mean to dictate or tell people what to believe, I just tried to help them see, but they don't want to see.


I don't believe I'm the only one frustrated by this lack of conviction and belief, I sense that The Mozziah is growing weary of the lack of support. You people don't realise just how lucky you are to be part of this, and if you don't start believing, you're going to lose him.


I will now stop blogging, and I'll only return if profile pictures are turned to roses, and 'GirlOnBike', if you don't want to do it, then fair enough, but I call on you all to get behind The Mozziah or you'll lose him, and believe you me, You're gonna miss him when he's gone.

8 comments:

  1. Just for the record, when I changed my picture after the tour it was only because I missed my trusty old shelter.

    Cards on table - I do sometimes worry that I 'believe' because I want it to be Morrissey behind MW. However when I look at the evidence there are just too many 'coincidences' in my mind for him not to be involved.
    I keep in mind MW pledge to take down the site if Morrissey requests this on TTY.
    So I will continue to believe, keeping an open mind to any contradictory evidence.

    If it is not Morrissey - hey I will feel stupid & naive, but I have been there before.

    We will always Morrissey's music, which is what brought us all here together in the first place.

    Rats I have a lot of respect for your commitment to this is & hope to see the blue rose theory through.
    I do hope you will continue to blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. rat CALM DOWN, i didn t want to be a rose, i m happy being stewie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious to the rose

    @-'-,-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the support. I wish others were as supportive though, of course, I am not Morrissey; I am simply an old wilted rose, a few petals short of what I want to be, and a couple of petals more than I really ought to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying your blog as usual and am learning from it and MW i.e. the Immaculate Conception shirt being connected with David Johansen from the New York Dolls and Moz now adding 'Please, Please, Please' to his set, the song he sung in the New York Dolls documentary, which I viewed for 1st time a few weeks ago (the song replaced 'Charming Man' as my repeat song to listen to). I did not realize the profile pix was to be a rose, I usually use my son's art work there, and it's currently leprechauns for St Pat's Day--I'll have to see if he has any rose related work. Just remember you haven't lost my support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to add, the Leprechauns are my twitter profile pix, this one is a troll my son made. Sorry for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive