Total Pageviews

Monday, 12 March 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 180 Monday 12th March 2012

Espaco das Americas, Sao Paolo, Brazil 11th March 2012


SET LIST:
1. First Of The Gang To Die
2. You Have Killed Me
3. Black Cloud
4. When Last I Spoke To Carol
5. Alma Matters
6. Still Ill
7. Everyday Is Like Sunday
8. Speedway
9. You're The One For Me, Fatty
10. I Will See You In Far-Off Places
11. Meat Is Murder
12. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
13. I Know It's Over
14. Let Me Kiss You
15. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
16. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
17. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
18. How Soon is Now?
ENCORE: 19. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

Today it is a beautiful, sunny spring day, but I have to confess that I am weary and probably close to ending my blog. When I first found MorrisseysWorld, the fun and excitement of the 'is it him', 'isn't it him' gave me a real buzz and as I started debating with fellow excited Morrissey fans on twitter, the climax rose and rose (if you'll excuse the pun). I found myself blogging on a daily basis as the excitement mounted and clues were given. I sensed something very important was happening and as I wrote my blog, I found my writing improved and I was able to just let my thoughts flood out. When BucktoothedBoy, aka, Russell Brand accused me of being a professional writer, I actually cried, a) because it was a real compliment and b) because it suddenly dawned on me that I was in my mid forties, and I had missed out on the career I would have loved. But I convinced myself it wasn't too late.

I decided to give up my job and take up writing for a living. I didn't know what I would write, I just knew it was what I wanted to do, and I was sure I'd be good at it, and at any rate, I wanted to see if I was capable of it. As it happens, because MorrisseysWorld 'still' hasn't been discovered by the media, I have continued to write about Morrissey on a daily basis, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, but how long do I do it for?, and while I'm writing this blog, there is certainly no time to write anything else. There is also another factor. Although I gave up my job, I retained an interest in the business, and without me there, it  just isn't performing the same. I must've been too good at my job, so, with heavy heart, it looks as though I may have to return to my 9 to 5 job. Writing was a pipe dream, the reality is something quite different, and if I do have to go back to work, I just cannot continue to do this. My heart really IS heavy.

On a lighter note, yesterday's concert in Sao Paulo looked fantastic, with the same set list as the previous two concerts. MorrisseysWorld has even listed 'Ratty' instead of 'Fatty' in the set list. No roses appear to have been thrown, but a large bouquet was launched during 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.' The 'O' sign was given again during 'Alma Matters' and the 'All seeing Eye' image has been added to MorrisseysWorld. 'Ratty' was definitely NOT sung during 'Fatty', and as I listen and re-listen to the Rio version, even 'I' am questioning if I really heard it or not, although having said that, it may just be because I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today. In fact, I'm feeling so sorry for myself today, that I just can't continue to write. I haven't been on twitter because the majority of the people I used to tweet with on a regular basis either seem to have lost complete interest in MW, or are playing the game of not believing, and I'm just too tired to argue. I hate feeling like this, I am usually such an upbeat person. Shit, now I've got tears falling. Time to stop.

9 comments:

  1. It's a good sign that you admit there was no Ratty in Fatty - I know how important it was to you for that to happen. I was there in the chat room and I wanted it to happen for you but it didnt.

    The stop-start way that the blog operates - now we're closing, now we're not - must be putting people off as well. It does feel a little bit as if we are irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.

    Still there are enough signs elsewhere to make it all still interesting so don't lose heart yet.

    By the way, if the other business means that much to you that you would go back to it to get it back on track then its importance to you is probably greater than you realised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog brightens my world, Rat. It is one of the first things I look for to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how I have similar feelings today. It used to be fun posting comments on MW but the fun has gone out of it. I can't seem to say anything without attracting some sort of criticism so I've decided I won't do it anymore. At least in Twitterdilly there are my virtual friends and people who have been on the same ride...

    I agree with JG, Ratty. Your business is obviously important to you and you can still carry on writing. Maybe you can write the journey that you/we have had into some sort of book?

    Maybe it is just time to stand back and get a new perspective!
    Whatever you do, your blog has been as much part of my life over the past 6 months as MW and I truly thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chin up old boy, the chase has been never ending, i almost grabbed that tail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay strong rats, you have given this everything I know.
    I urge you to follow your dream of writing, such talent deserves a greater audience.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer crashed this weekend so I have not had a chance to say hello, but I always enjoy reading this blog so please, don't give it up. Perhaps in the MW world we just hit a dry patch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I'm going to have to tell you to cheer up once again. Just remember things have a way of working out, As some of the others posted, you have talent and I always enjoyed reading your blog and will continue to do so even if there isn't as much to read, just post something to let us know how you are. If you lived closer, I'd take you out this weekend. It's a big weekend in this area. I live about 5 miles from Erin, Wisconsin and they have a big celebration this weekend--March 17, St Patrick's Day, with a parade, green beer (and green horses) and Irish step dancers. Erin is an Irish community of about 3,000, they have St Patrick's Catholic Church, several bars, a gas station, golf course and elementary school. The streets are named Shamrock Lane and Irish Way etc. and and they renamed Mud Lake, Druid Lake. Most recently, they had a church consecrated as a basilica, St Mary's Holy Hill, a magnificent church up on a huge hill, that's connected with a Carmelite Monastery. Not to be left out the Finns celebrate St Urho's Day the 16Th. He's famous for saying: Heinäsirkka, heinäsirkka, mene täältä hiiteen" (roughly translated: "Grasshopper, grasshopper, go to Hell!) Yes, much like St Pat getting rid of the snakes, he got rid of the grasshoppers and saved the grape crop(wine) His colors are purple and green and of course they celebrate with wine and Mojakkaa (fish soup). And on March 18, the Swedes at St Olaf's (right next to Erin) is having a pie social (they have their Lutefisk in December). The weather is warm. very mild 60F and no snow, which is very unusual for this time of year, so we could have had a good time at the parade. Good Luck and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rat, keep writing, keep writing, don't give up! I don't know who is behind MW but it was so funny and your blog is very precious! You could see things in a new perspective and maybe write a novel about strange people with a compulsive obsession for a great great singer songwriter...See you at Top Chart!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive