Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 188 Tuesday 20th March 2012

A PUBLIC APOLOGY

I have just read back through my blog of yesterday, it is pathetic, truly pathetic. I can only assume that the emotional pressure I am currently under is effecting my rationale. Who the hell do I think I am, and what the hell is happening to me? Whether people like Morrissey, or just his music, or neither, is of no concern to me and I would like to apologise to anybody I may have offended.

The Twitterdilly Arms is littered with toys and discarded prams from whence the toys were thrown. A group of so called adults, who all share the same love of Morrissey's music, have been hurling abuse at each other. It is ridiculous. Today, I shall start to clear up the toys and at 12.45pm, I will present the Twitterdilly Arms Top 10.

For the record, despite the allegations, I own just three twitter accounts, @theratsback, @upthepier and @ODyrbrm, the latter of which, I only registered to stop anybody else registering after Morrissey discarded it. Yesterday on twitter, I was accused of being; @BozBoorer, @caterita2008, @i2177, @certifiabletoe (who I myself blocked because they post racist rants) and @Jeane_Morrissey. After the accusations, @girlwithout tweeted that @certifiabletoe was a friend of hers/his. I OWN NONE OF THOSE TWITTER ACCOUNTS!

This blog of mine is, and always will be, 100% HONEST, it is, after all, my online diary, reflecting my thoughts, so I would just be lying to myself. I started this blog as a way of releasing my excitement at finding Morrissey on both twitter and MorrisseysWorld, and that is the direction I intend to take it back in. 

Speaking of finding Morrissey, this whole journey has changed my perception of the great man, for he is no longer an unapproachable 'God', who I wouldn't have been able to hold a conversation with, he has humanised himself by coming among us. He is obviously worried that he shouldn't have done it, as on a number of occasions he has tweeted that he has made himself too accessible. Even in the chat room with myself and John Gill the other day, Morrissey said, "that enigmatic otherness factor is now familiarity."


Perhaps that is true, but is that a bad thing? I personally don't think so, but maybe to some it is, maybe some would have preferred not to have seen their God so 'up close and personal', after all, they do say, 'Never meet your heroes', and maybe some didn't want to see Morrissey's flaws, because believe it or not, he has them, all genius's have flaws. For thirty years, 'Morrissey' has been treated as a commodity, even by his fans, and the shit he has had to read on So-low, from his own fans, must be soul destroying. Nobody ever stops to think about 'Morrissey' the human being, because they probably think he's a rich, happy man, but he is sensitive and shy, he always has been, and what is more, he must constantly be worrying about 'brand Morrissey', which stops him from being 'him'. By creating 'Our Mozzer' on MW, it has allowed the real Morrissey to come out, and for that, we should be eternally grateful. Having said all that, what do I know about Morrissey? I don't even know how my own mind works, let alone somebody elses!

Once again, I apologise for my childish and pedantic behaviour (behavior), I would like to promise that it won't happen again, but I can't, for I too am flawed, but in my case, a flawed nobody.


THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 18th MARCH 2012

1. THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT (LIVE IN LIMA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY) 
2. LET ME KISS YOU - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
3. LIFE IS A PIGSTY - MORRISSEY (UP 2)
4. ALMA MATTERS - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
5. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
6. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
7. I KNOW IT'S OVER (LIVE AT VINA DEL MAR CHILE) - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
8. SHEILA TAKE A BOW (LIVE IN PERU) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
9. REEL AROUND THE FOUNTAIN - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY)
10. HEART - RITA PAVONE (DOWN 1)

8 comments:

  1. Good on you rat, it shows real strength that are able to reflect on your actions.
    You have had a lot of pressure & upset, we are all prone to acting out of character in such circumstances.

    If anyone cares from my observations I am fairly confident rat is NOT
    Romina or Boz. The others I either don't follow or don't tweet often enough for me to comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Air! Anyway I'm truly disappointed by Rosy, I'm so silly, I USE TO DO ALWAYS THE SAME MISTAKE! Rutger is right, is just exactly as he said on the comment of the other post, you are a closed circle and I'm not the welcome! Rosy bbeliving that you an me could be the same person? Why she stop to follow only me? Message recived! Good bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have brought so much sunshine & laughter my way.

    Tensions have been running high & I think you have been caught in the crossfire.

    You are always welcome in my world ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Air, thank you from the deep of my hearth!

      Delete
  4. I love this blog. It's a very interesting question regarding the fears that Morrissey (or any artist might have) in being known. Perhpas the reason he stays away from people is because many fans (not all) are attracted to the ego of the man, the awe of celebrity, the theatre - and not the quiet, channelling artist. Why would you want to know that? The shy, clumsy man who's not very good at chit chat. We want the theatre and the awe! And so he says... "You want to know this man but it's a bit of an act really and I secretly detest him because he is your creation, as much as mine, and he's not really real... The real me drinks tea with a handful of friends and sometimes can't think of something to say". But the fans say... "Show us! Show us!" and then they say disappointingly. "Oh... Moz is just an ordinary, decent, bloke... who drinks tea and is a bit shy..." And Morrisey says... "You see... I knew I would let you down!" The person that fascinates me is Artie Shaw. Didn't he just quit at his peak? Didn't he just pack in the clarinet one day and become a best selling author? And he never touched a clarinet for the rest of his life? Artie Shaw was huge. That takes some balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The real me drinks tea with a handful of friends and sometimes can't think of something to say". But the fans say... "Show us! Show us!" and then they say disappointingly. "Oh... Moz is just an ordinary, decent, bloke... who drinks tea and is a bit shy..." And Morrisey says... "You see... I knew I would let you down!"

    In fact this mirrors quite closely some of the comments Morrissey1959 has tweeted in the past and has said in the chat room - it does make a lot of sense. We put people on pedestals to which they're not really suited or comfortable with (not all of them clearly, some of them lap it up).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent posts Rat, Marcus & Johngill! It must be very difficult for celebrities (whether music, film, political, sports, etc.) to live their lives in the public arena. Everything they publicly do, say, wear, etc. (and even privately sometimes) is scrutinized with a fine tooth comb; in both the press and the court of public opinion. Celebrities' careers are dependent upon the publicity machine; the machine that can both make or break them. The celebs who really stand out (in my mind at least) seem to be the ones who have a gimmick and/or a larger than life persona/image that gives the impression that they are above and beyond the rest of humanity in their chosen discipline; thus creating the pedestal. These personas/images are probably for the most part, exaggerated at best and defined by not only the celebrity, but also by the companies they represent. From the outside of the fishbowl looking in, it appears that stardom is probably akin to a glamorous prison (Hotel California?) and like everything else in this world, comes at a price. The lifestyle perks are probably awesome; but at the same time, the personal costs are likely enormous.
    Just my rambling two cents worth, thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive