Total Pageviews

Thursday, 19 April 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 218 Thursday 19th April 2012

Thursday April 19th Zepp Sendai, Sendai, Japan.

SET LIST (AS WRITTEN):

1. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SENDAI (Hmm)
2. FIRST GANG DIE
3. YOU HAVE K'd ME
4. HOW SOON IS NO?
5. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR M, FATTY
6. BLACK CLOUD
7. ACTION IS MIDDLE
8. SPEEDWAY
9. LAST NIGHT I
10. I'M THROWING ARMS
11. SCANDINAVIA
12. ONE DAY GOODBYE
13. M IS MURDER
14. OUIJA
15. PEOPLE ARE SAME
16. PLEASE PLEASE LET
17. LEMME KISS
18. I WILL SEE FAR OFF
ENCORE: THERE IS A L

It would appear that 'Last Night I Dreamt' was added to the set list played earlier today in Japan. A beautiful song that hasn't been performed since, *goes to PassionsJustLikeMine to check, but it's gone- shit* well, since the last time it was performed, which isn't very recently (Earls Court?).

It's bizarre, because as I write this, it is 2pm UK time, and yet the concert in Sendai took place at 6pm Japanese time. A very early start, and according to a couple of Japanese fans who I have exchanged tweets with (@shooh1 and @igarimtrc0001 - fav song of the concert 'Fatty'), videoing is STRICTLY forbidden at concerts in Japan, so we probably won't get to see ANY Youtube footage all tour! Arggghhh! Perhaps Mozzer, if you're reading this, you could arrange for somebody to film and post on Youtube? We usually all moan about the hundreds who use their smart phones to film at concerts, but when nobody films, it's just as bad!

 I asked @igarimtrc0001 (real name Orz), if there were any roses given to Morrissey at the concert. The photos I have so far seen show the whole front row holding yellow flowers but I'm not sure what they are, they certainly aren't roses! Orz replied, "I don't think no one gave him a rose. My friend and I talked about getting one but we didn't have time." I have to smile,because Orz's comment about not having the time reminds me of the guy in Argentina (or was it Chile) who tweeted the same thing. It seems that people always have good intention.....but no actual rose....or time!


According to Romina (@caterita2008) (who tweeted STRAIGHT after the show), the new stage backdrop, is of French actress Dominique Sanda. Now HOW could Romina POSSIBLY know that? Sanda, according to Wiki, is a French actress who starred in films such as the 1970 film The Conformist (Il Conformista). Sanda had a son with the late actor/director Christian Marquand, who's first film role was in Jean Cocteau's 'La Belle et la Bete in 1946.

Questions started to fly among members of 'Blue Rose' on twitter, as to just HOW Romina knows as much as she does about so many things, particularly Moz related things. As I write this, Romina has returned to twitter to say, "Domenique Sanda is one of my favourite actress, watched II Giardino dei Finzi Contini so many times." I do SO love Romina's pigeon and broken English on twitter, and yet earlier today, when I asked her about Chelsea Cromwell, Romina quickly corrected me to tell me it was Crowell, not Cromwell. I have blogged about Chelsea Crowell before, she is a singer, and last time I blogged about her, somebody (I can't remember who, I'd have to look back) left a comment saying that apparently, Chelsea Crowell is going out with one of Morrissey's nephews. I believe, that the reason I'd blogged about Chelsea before was because ROMINA had tweeted about her. Romina, always Romina! Romina, the fan of brand new, and unheard of Irish band, Raglans! Romina, the fan of the little known Chelsea Crowell! Romina, the fan of Dominique Sanda etc etc, and yet how DOES Romina find time to watch films and discover new musical talent, when she spends so much time (according to her on twitter); cleaning, studying, cooking for her husband, going to the dentist, taking her daughter to ballet, preparing the swimming pool etc? As I've said before, I love Romina, my favourite 'Pessoa'.

Back to Sendai. Boz was dressed in drag, with a fetching new black dress may I add, (I wonder if he has a favourite designer? Evans?) and a new black wig, in a 'bob' style that simply took years off him! According to the tweeter '@minar_azar', Morrissey announced that Boz was, "A beautiful Geisya". Now correct me if I'm wrong, but when  suggested on twitter the other day by @JJazmineMoz that MW should dress Boz as a geisha, MW tweeted, "Boz as a Geisha? You're giving me ideas now." A COINCIDENCE of course.
    The band were stripped to the waste in Sendai, and each of them had      written on their chest, which I am told by @igarimtrc0001 means 'male' or 'man'. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MW tweet yesterday, "Japan is going to be mesmerising, we have a few tricks up our sleeves. Well I do. The lads may not have any sleeves. Who knows?" NO SLEEVES! Yes, I know, just another COINCIDENCE.

The only frustrating thing for me is that only; myself, @loughtonlil, @heathercat222, @girlwithout and @caterita2008 (not sure if she counts) were there to share the whole after-show excitement on twitter. Where once we would have had; @stillicling, @RosyMires, @GirlOnBike1102, @Lizzycat4 etc, we now just have 4/5 of us enjoying the whole experience. It's incredible, it's exciting and yet it's such a shame that so FEW people are sharing this whole phenomenon, but in the case of the ones I've just mentioned, it's their own fault, they've had plenty of clues. Shame is the Name and it's a shame, it's a shame that people are the same everywhere.





4 comments:

  1. 6pm start time? Do they have a curfew there or something?
    Yes, very frustrating that we've only seen a couple of pics so far.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rat, maybe I'm wrong about the backdrop, or better I confused the actress, someone on So-low wrote about Il Conformista a B.Bertolucci movie based on the novel by Alberto Moravia with S.Sandrelli and D. Sanda and he said that the actress could be S. Sandrelli and not Domenique. By now I'm not sure because the picture is not quite clear and I tought about J. Bisset to and she was'nt in the cast. Anyway Il Conformista is a complexe novel about a man who belives to be abused in his childhood and killed his abuser...As you see I'm not sure about something! Anyway I spent my young years watching a lot of movie just because the nephew of Cesare Zavattini and both two nieces of M. Mastroianni were my school mates! I got no connection with Morrissey, obviously I wish, I'm just a true fan! I miss Lizzy she was nice and I don't understand Rosy, but I don't mind! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All shows in Japan start in the early evening. It's so everyone can go out for a drink after and still catch their train home.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive