Total Pageviews

Saturday, 21 April 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 220 Saturday 21st April 2012

Saturday April 21st, Club Citta, Kawasaki, Japan.

SET LIST (AS WRITTEN):

1. YOU HAVE KILLED ME
2. ALMA MATTERS
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY
4. HOW SOON IS NOW?
5. OUIJA
6. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES
7. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT
8. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
9. ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME
10. SPEEDWAY
11. MEAT IS MURDER
12. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
13. STILL ILL
14. PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
15. LET ME KISS YOU
16. TO GIVE
17. PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT
18. FIRST OF THE GANG
ENCORE: ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL

It was another early start for today's concert in Kawasaki (6pm in Japan - 10am in UK), which has meant I have been able to spend the last few hours on the internet trying to pick up bits and pieces, but it has to be said, without much success! I found a twitpic of the setlist (posted by @macky_macky_), which shows that a song called 'To Give' was performed. It was quickly pointed out on twitter that this is a Frankie Valli cover, although it may have been Shirley Bassey's powerful cover of it that influenced Morrissey. Either way, having watched a performance of both Valli and Bassey on Youtube, it is an obvious Morrissey choice, with it's almost autobiographical, Mozzean (I prefer Mozzean to Morrisseyeque, it's more like Wildean) lyrics:

'TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE)'

To give is the reason I live
To give all I can give
In return for the life that I earn

I was born as a part of the plan
With the heart of a man
With a will to survive

And I believe
Everything on this earth
Having meaning and worth

Made of concrete and air
Is to share and to feel
Justify, I exist

To describe on the list
Of someone
With a place in the sun

Here I stand
Reaching out for the sky
Till the day that I die

I must give all I can
When I go
I'll go out empty hand

Leaving dust to the land
Just the soul I have found
Leaves the ground

To then finish with the encore 'One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell' tends to suggest that 'Our Mozzer' is in a reflective mood.

Very little other information has emerged yet from Kawasaki, although I did read a tweet from a Japanese fan which said that the band were wearing anti McDonalds red t-shirts. Once again, it is highly unlikely that any Youtube footage will emerge as filming is strictly prohibited. Nothing at all has appeared from the Sendai concert.

I half expected to see a song from the album 'Southpaw Grammar' appear on the setlist, after 'Our Mozzer' (@MorrisseysWorld) tweeted last night, "Would it be rude to play something from 'Southpaw Grammar?" Perhaps it was just a tease, or could it be that we'll see 'Dagenham Dave' or 'The Boy Racer' appear in Tokyo?

Talking of twitter, 'Our Mozzer' was on particularly good form last night (especially as it was approximately 2am in Japan when he was tweeting!), and he had a couple of amusing digs at the G*ardian journalist '@alexispetridis'. These digs prompted '@BoyGeorge' to join in, who obviously thinks very little of Petridis too. When the two 'former eighties idols' had finished with Petridis, Boy George tweeted 'Our Mozzer', saying, "@MorrisseysWorld I named you my top tweeter in an article to be published on monday! You love it you dirty cow! Ha!"

Could Boy George's interview be the thing to send the MorrisseysWorld phenomenon viral, or will the world once again miss it? I suppose it depends where the interview appears. It no longer even occurs to me to check google news each morning to see if MW has gone viral, I just presume it hasn't! In the early days, I checked every day to see if the story had been picked up by one of the national UK newspapers, but as the months have gone on, it has just seemed less and less likely, despite the evidence growing stronger. '@MorrisseysWorld' currently has just 6,937 followers, and although I have loved the fact that so few have found 'Our Mozzer' on twitter, he REALLY does deserve a bigger audience, as does his blog.

Yesterday saw the release of Boz Boorer's new single, 'Slippery Forces'. There is no vinyl release, so I purchased it on itunes. My favourite mix (of the four on the EP) is the Konsorten mix. I sent a tweet to Boz, to ask him if there was any particular reason why Sebadoh were playing on the radio at the end of the video. 'Official Boz' (@Boz_Boorer) replied, "@TheRatsBack Hi there, no special reason. Radio in the background. Cheers, M (admin)." Now WHY did Boz sign himself as 'Admin'? Is this a reference to 'admin' on MorrisseysWorld? Hmm.

Today is 'Record Store Day', which sees the release of 1,000 copies of The Sparks remix of 'Suedehead'. There are NO record shops anywhere near my home (the last one closed last year), so I phoned six different shops trying to buy Suedehead, but they had either sold out, or refused to sell me one over the phone. There are already loads on ebay, selling from anything between £25-£65. It just goes to show, vinyl isn't dead yet!

The website PassionsJustLikeMine has announced that it is to reopen soon, having received support from a number of volunteers to help run it. This is great news for all Morrissey fans.

Right, I have delayed publishing this blog, in the hope that more news would have emerged from Kawasaki, but it's now 3.30pm, and there is still nothing about what Moz said, or whether there were an roses given, and of course, there are no Youtube clips. I will never moan again about people videoing at concerts.......well, not until the next time anyway!

*Goes off singing* "I was born as a part of the plan, With the heart of a man, With a will to survive."

1 comment:

  1. You get a A for effort Rat! No video clips from a people so "technologically advanced". The Iorny Kills Me

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive