Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 228 Sunday 29th April 2012

My blog from yesterday remains unpublished, as will todays, but I am still getting visitors, to the blog I mean, not to my house, although last week it was like Piccadilly Circus in here, with; builders, plumbers and decorators working flat out to get the house ready for selling, and tomorrow they'll all be back again!

With no MorrisseysWorld blog to entertain me, I have spent this morning reading back through the very first entries of 'Following the Mozziah', and I have started to delete (or at least revert to draft) the majority of my blog entries, so that, if anybody stumbles across my blog, they won't have to plough through two hundred and twenty odd pages of waffle to get a gist of what's going on, and believe you me, there is PLENTY of waffle in there. Mrs Whiskers (my wife) cannot believe that I manage to write about Morrissey every day, she asks me what I find to write about? The answer is, I don't really know, but there is always SOMETHING Moz related going on! Needless to say, Mrs Whiskers has never bothered to read any of my blog entries, which as I read some of the old ones, is probably just as well!

I have finally managed to buy the 10' picture disc of Suedehead from ebay, and luckily, I didn't have to pay over the odds to get it. It's funny how prices always settle down after the initial furore, although whether the same will apply to standing concert tickets for Manchester on July 28th, only time will tell. Currently, the going price seems to be between £60-£80.

MorrisseysWorld.blogspot.com's 'hit counter' currently stands at 251,180, which means there have been over 700 hits in the last day, so STILL people are visiting, but are they the old brigade, hoping something new has been added, or are they new visitors? The '@morrisseysWorld' twitter account currently has 7,082 followers, up just 2 from yesterday, and 'Our Mozzer' tweeted earlier today (for the first time in 5 days), to say, "Only if Morrissey does one of morrisseysworld.blogspot.co.uk will I return to twitter." He is of course referring to the list on MW that I wrote about yesterday. In the absence of MW on twitter, I have decided to have a rest too, but no doubt, either boredom or the Twitterdilly Arms Top 10 countdown on Tuesday, will lead me back!

Big Mick has sent me a text saying that he is looking forward to Manchester, he knows nothing about me writing a Morrissey blog, and certainly knows nothing about MW or Blue Rose, I wonder what, if anything, I should tell him, or should I just pin a rose on him and tell him it's for decor?

Yesterday, I decided to tweet two of Morrissey's well known fans, Simon Goddard (author of Mozipedia - @theSimonGoddard) and Julie Hamill (Twitter founder of the Moz Army - @marriedtotheMoz) to see if either of them had recently revisited the MorrisseysWorld blogsite. I was interested to see if Hamill and Goddard had bothered to study the evidence on MW, or, like so many others, had they dismissed MW months ago and not revisited? I was particularly interested in Hamill and Goddard (sounds like a Kajagoogoo meets Adam Ant super(?) group), as Hamill had recently interviewed Goddard for her blog, but neither of them had made ANY mention of MorrisseysWorld in the whole interview, which seemed rather odd. How could two such prominent fans NOT have realised that Morrissey was behind MorrisseysWorld, particularly Goddard? Regular readers of my blog may remember that a few months ago, I wrote that I thought Simon Goddard was monitoring the MW phenomenon, and would then write a book about it. He had advertised on twitter that he was currently working on a book about 'The greatest idea in pop history', which I'd presumed meant MorrisseysWorld, but in the interview with Hamill, Goddard revealed that the subject matter for his book is in fact, Ziggy Stardust. Could it be that Goddard is so wrapped up with his new book that he's not even noticed the MorrisseysWorld phenomenon? Well, I'm afraid I'm still none the wiser as neither Hamill or Goddard bothered replying to me. I shall tweet them both with a copy of this blog entry, and ask them to let me know their thoughts.

The only MW that the So-lowers seem to be interested in, is Morrissey's drummer, Matt Walker, who after a very lengthy lay off, has returned to twitter (@mwBATTERY). No stratling revelations yet from Matt, but I'll follow him and keep an eye out. Does Matt know about MorrisseysWorld? We obviously know that Boz knows about MorrisseysWorld, but is it possible that the other band members have no idea? Are they aware that Boz dresses as a woman because of the MorrisseysWorld blog, or do they think he's found a fetish? Dare I tweet Matt and ask him? No, what would be the point, if he doesn't know, he can't tell me anything, and if he does know, he WOULDN'T tell me anything. God, I love this whole thing!

NB This blog entry was published on May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mozziah Archive