Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 229 Monday April 30th 2012

I continue to write my blog, without publishing it to the outside world, and I continue to observe on twitter without participating, after all, without MorrisseysWorld, what is the point? MW's twitter followers currently stand at 7,086, up 4 from yesterday! The number of hits on the MW blog total 251,780, which means 600 people have visited it in the last 24 hours, or more likely, 150 people have visited four times each!

Morrissey has today performed a concert in Osaka, having had the weekend off. The final two concerts of last week, in Fukuoka and Hiroshima, once again produced very little Youtube footage (none from Hiroshima), so it is impossible to know whether any roses were given, but I would guess not. I had very high hopes that a BLUE ROSE would be handed over at Osaka today, as a tweeter called '@minar_azar', had not only changed their twitter profile picture to a blue rose, but had also written about Blue Rose. My high hopes were dashed, when I read a tweet from Minar just after the concert, which said, "I couldn't go near the stage tonight, but I saw the great arc of Morrissey's voice with my own eyes." Great arcs are all well and good, but The Mozziah needs roses, leave the arcs to Noah!

It is starting to appear, that those of us 'wanting' to give a blue rose, actually can't! I am going to have the same problem as Minar when I go to the concert in  Manchester, as I am going to be sat in the upper tier, but even if I'd bought a standing ticket, I still wouldn't be able to get to the front, as it will be heaving with Mancs, and EVEN if I did manage to fight my way through (literally, using 'Big Mick' as my assault weapon), there would STILL be the problem of the large gap between the stage and crowd! It's an impossibility It tell you, an impossibility, my BLUE ROSE will have to wait for a smaller venue, but what if I'm there, in Manchester, and Mozzer sings 'Trouble Loves Me'? Arghh!

Tickets are still available for Manchester, but only single seats, way up high (yes, even higher than mine)! The standing tickets, and the decent seats, all sold out within minutes, so there is no doubt that old Mozzer still has the pulling power, if ONLY his fans could see what they've been missing out on with his genius blog!

Osaka had the following set list (as written):
1. HOW SOON IS?
2. YOU HAVE K'D ME
3. BLACK CLOUD
4. ALMA SPLATTERED
5. WHEN LAST I SPOKE
6. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR
7. MALADJUSTED
8. LAST NITE I DREAMT THAT
9. I'M THROWING PARIS
10. SPEEDWAY
11. LET ME KY
12. M IS MURDER
13. OUIJA
14. TO GIVE IS THE REASON
15. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAE
16. I KNOW IT'S OVER
17. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PACES
ENCORE: STILL ILL

The few pictures that I have seen, show an Oscar Wilde backdrop, Boz back in the sparkly blue dress (as opposed to the brown one last week), and the band in the 'We Hate Wills & Kate' t-shirts. On further inspection, I 'think' Boz might ALSO have been in glasses, but they didn't look like his normal 'Elvis Costello' type glasses, they looked more like the glasses that Olive wore on 'On the Buses', or Nana Mouskouri wore in the seventies! Hold on, is Boz slowly morphing into Log Lady? No, Log Lady's glasses are red!

Next stop, Nagoya in two days time, where all hopes of a rose rest with '@tokyo_katie', who has 'promised' (yes, we've heard that before) to take one, but has tweeted that she 'may not be brave enough to throw it'. Bravery (or ridicule) is not something that would even enter my mind, to me, it is all about opportunity, and as Hughie Green used to say, "if opportunity knocks, don't knock it." THROW YOUR ROSE!

NB Blog entry posted on May 1st.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mozziah Archive