Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Following the Mozziah Day 231 Wednesday May 2nd 2012

I have been banned by the '#MozArmy'! 'MozArmy' is (according to it's founder Julie Hamill - @marriedtothemoz), a group of "Fans of The Smiths or Morrissey, who like to follow like-minded others on twitter." It would appear that I am not 'like-minded' enough for them, and all because I've been trying to help them all see that their 'hero', Morrissey, has his own blogsite and twitter account! You couldn't make all this up if you tried, you really couldn't.
    Let me re-cap; 1) Morrissey starts a secret blog and twitter account (MorrisseysWorld), 2) his fans all dismiss MorrisseysWorld as a hoax, 3) half a dozen of the fans study the blog closely, and realise it ISN'T a hoax, 4) the half dozen inform the masses, 5) the masses ridicule them, call them deluded nutters, and tell them to go away!

Am I dreaming all this?

If you are wondering how my 'MozArmy' ban came about, you may remember that within my blog of Sunday, I posed a question to Julie Hamill (MozArmy founder - @marriedtothemoz) asking her if she had recently re-visited the MorrisseysWorld blog, and RE-STUDIED the new EVIDENCE? Yesterday, '@marriedtothemoz' sent me a tweet saying, "I don't know anything about 'MW' and I'm not interested in your evidence."(she thinks it's MY evidence!) I asked her, "Why, as a Moz fan, are you not interested in MW, I just don't understand? Do you not WANT it to be Moz? Are you not interested?", to which Julie replied, "I don't think I could be any clearer, I'm not interested, so 'scurry' away quickly because I don't want to block you." I didn't want Julie to worry too much about hurting my feelings, so I tweeted to her, "Oh don't worry, I've been blocked by plenty of others who don't believe it, I just thought you might at least open your mind." I suppose I was being a little too hopeful to think that Julie would tweet me back to say, 'do you know, you're right, I should be more open minded, I'll go and re-read the evidence', what she ACTUALLY tweeted was, "What a shame, you have left me no choice. Goodbye."

So there we have it, I have been banned by So-low (thanks to administrator 'Uncle Skinny'), and now banned by the MozArmy - I am being persecuted by the masses, and what is more, I have ALSO been shunned by the one time 'centerpiece' of MorrisseysWorld, the twitter user, '@StilliCling'. Despite having the twitter motto 'it takes strength to be gentle and kind', and despite previously spending hours on end tweeting fellow MorrisseysWorlders, 'StilliCling' has stopped following me and spends a vast majority of her twitter time tweeting '@UncleSkinny', a man who on So-low said of Morrissey (amongst many, many other things), "I don't like the racist undertones" ( see here: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/63820-jed-Skullcap-   )  Time for another re-cap; 1) Morrissey and his band wear 'Fuck Morrissey So-low' t-shirts on stage because they despise DavidT and Uncle Skinny), 2) StilliCling excitedly finds a blogsite written by her 'hero', Morrissey, 3) StilliCling spends every minute of every day excitedly building friendships on twitter with other MorrisseysWorlders, 4) she abandons MorrisseysWorld and her new friends, 5) she starts a friendship with the one person that her 'hero' despises.

'AM' I dreaming all this?

 Is 'ANY' of this real?

Is it me, or do Morrissey's fans actually not like Morrissey?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

I give in!

And for the record, Morrissey performed in concert today, in Nagoya, with the following set (As written):

1. HOW SOON IS?
2. YOU HAVE K'D ME
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR, FATTY
4. BLACK CLOUD
5. ALMATTERS
6. ONE DAY GOODBYE
7. WHEN LAST I SPOKE TO CAROL
8. LAST NITE I DREAMT THAT
9. I'M THROWING PARIS AROUND
10. PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
11. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES
12. TO GIVE IS THE REASON I LIVE
13. M IS MURDER
14. LET ME K YOU
15. SCANDINAVIA
16. I KNOW IT'S OVER
17. OUIJA
18. STILL ILL

Enc: FIRST OF THE GANG
        EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY

Two encores, a rare treat! Boz was in a sparkly dress (my not my favourite blue one) and the band were in the red 'Assad is Shit' t-shirts. The back drop was Oscar Wilde, with a speech bubble asking, "Who is Morrissey?" I am not expecting any Youtube footage of the concert, and the tweeter '@tokyo_katie' has informed me there were NO roses....but then, there wouldn't be would there, after all, none of the hardened UK fans want to show belief or support, so why would people on the other side of the world?

For the record: @MorrisseysWorld twitter followers are at 7,088 (Up 3) and the MW blog has had 252,561 hits (Up 273). The visits to MW are starting to dry up as the faithful few accept that it's closed. 'Our Mozzer' used to say 'You'll miss me when I'm gone", but in reality, the masses didn't even realise he was there!

5 comments:

  1. That backdrop is suspicious. But I know who Morrissey is, You know who Morrissey is, its a real shame there aren't more of us. Will the doubting tommys remember you when MW goes viral? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way back after the Brixton gig when I discovered the
    blog and I told someone about it, they were defiant
    and adamant M wasn't behind it ... kinda baffling that
    some people don't even want to entertain the idea - when
    to me it's such an exciting thing that's happened!

    love your blog - thanks for doing it
    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, judging by the vicious comments prevalent on So Low, many of the supposed "fans" there don't like Morrissey either. Look at it this way...you are in good company. As my grandmother used to say, "Hell, I've been thrown out of worse places!" Keep on keeping on Rattie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is my "guilty pleasure" as I sneak away to peek at it while proctoring state exams. I agree with moz_addict, you HAVE been thrown out of worse places, I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re "Is it me, or do Morrissey's fans actually not like Morrissey?"

    No, it's not just you.

    Many of us feel the need to distinguish between the songs and the man. Morrissey is a big mouth human headline, saying things calculated to draw attention (the more we ignore him, the closer he gets, he's made up our mind) - it's in part how he's sustained his career beyond The Smiths (and a bit during then too), how he has created his enigma (Hate, love and war / Force emotions to the fore)... A stumbling block / I'm a twenty-digit combination to unlock). It's a reader meet author scenario; he is (at least) two people (and I am Two People can be read as being about his contradictory relationship with fans and public) and not all of us have succeeded in very patiently trying to to understand or love him. I am sure that some fans of the songs would agree with Peter Hook's assessment of Morrissey as "a twat".

    For some of us, the sub-species comment only confirmed our worst fears that were initially kindled by Bengali In Platforms (and saying that he had heard no logical reason for racism is a qualified statement, especially for someone who plays so much with emotional statements).

    Of course being Morrissey isn't easy (how many time has he told us this) because he is publicly opinionated, contradictory (think of the different sentiments expressed in Ammunition and Sorrow Will Come In The End - on the same, very autobiographical album) and then demands absolute, unquestioning loyalty. I keep Mine Hidden refers with irony to the problem:

    "The lies are so easy for you
    Because you let yours slide
    Into public view
    Oh ...


    Use your loaf !"

    We'll miss him when he's gone.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive