Total Pageviews

Friday, 25 May 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 254 Friday May 25th 2012




 Tucson Music Hall, Tucson, Arizona May 23rd (May 24th UK time)

SETLIST:

1. You Have Killed Me
2. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
3. You're the One For Me, Fatty
4. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
5. How Soon is Now?
6. Alma Matters
7. Action Is My Middle Name
8. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
9. Black Cloud
10. Everyday Is Like Sunday
11. To Give (The Reason I Live)
12. Meat Is Murder
13. Let Me Kiss You
14. People Are The Same Everywhere
15. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
16. When Last I Spoke To Carol
17. Scandinavia
18. I Know It's Over
19. Speedway
Encore: Still Ill 


MORRISSEYSWORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM HAS RE-OPENED! More about that in a minute.

I didn't write a blog entry yesterday because, a) I was out watching cricket all afternoon, in the glorious English sunshine, and b) I was waiting for more Youtube videos to appear from Tucson. I have now given up on waiting, perhaps Tucson has a power failure! It's like the Japanese shows all over again. The few videos that are on Youtube show loads of people using their camera phones, so maybe they just don't want to share!

From what I have seen, Boz was back in the blue sparkly dress, and the band wore t-shirts with 'Attack' written on them, a hint at a return to his former label? I think Morrissey was sporting pink finger lingerie, but I can't quite make it out. It wouldn't be a surprise if he was, because he DEFINITELY wore it in San Diego, but I hadn't noticed it at the time of writing my blog on Wednesday. The finger lingerie is YET ANOTHER blatant reference to the MW blog, but it occurred to me that perhaps Morrissey 'changed' the dressing mid show, but due to a lack of close up footage, or clear photos, I just cannot tell.

It also impossible to know if Moz put his hand 'inside' his shirt during any of the songs (as mentioned in my blog Wednesday), and there has been NO mention anywhere as to whether or not anything was quoted during 'Speedway'. What we DO know, is that during 'Speedway' in San Diego, Morrissey quoted the following lines:

"Some are born for happiness
  Some are born for sorrow
  All this hardly matters
  For we won't be here tomorrow."

Despite debating this on twitter, NOBODY seems to know where it comes from, so if anybody reading this can enlighten me, please leave a comment at the bottom. Heather Cat wondered if it was in some way linked to 'What Difference Does It Make', and suggested that it could be a John Fowles quote, but it would appear not. It also doesn't seem to be an A.E.Houseman quote. Somebody MUST know?

The only other thing to mention about Tucson, is that Moz and the band left the stage early during the encore due to stage invaders. It is great to see 'Action Is My Middle Name' back in the setlist, but I am growing increasingly frustrated at not 'owning' this song, I can't wait to see the dawning of  'My World', that has been hinted at.

So, to MorrisseysWorld, the blog as re-opened with an article entitled:

'Morrissey plays birthday show, wears shirt with blue rose on it, *ALLEGEDLY* quotes first line of 'closing down' notice on blog; May 22nd was also St Rita's day..she is portrayed holding roses. SYNCHRONICITY.'

The article goes on to say that Morrissey wore a shirt that appeared to feature blue roses (personally I thought it was just the lighting that made them appear blue, but hey ho, I'm hardly going to question it, in fact, why am I even mentioning it, because as 'signs' go, it's a cracker, and what's more, can you put this much inside brackets without the sentence completely losing it's shape? I'll tell you what, whoever it was who was behind that 'Deconstructing MW blog thingy' (which called me a poor writer), well, they weren't wrong, I'm all over the place!) which therefore fulfilled the requirement for MorrisseysWorld to re-open. It is not just the blog that has reopened, but also the twitter account, so all those new followers who turned up on Boy George's say so, will now get to see what all the fuss is about....if 'fuss' is the right word!

The reason that MW has used the word *allegedly* in the title, is because although Jazmine (@JJazmineMoz) and somebody on So-low have reported that Morrissey said, "Because we must", there is no actual evidence of it, but as two separate sources reported it, there is not much doubt that it's true. Talking of doubt surrounding truths, there is also 'still' no evidence that Morrissey made the comment on stage in Hawaii about Boz making a dress change (come on '@satlu', we know you've got it recorded!). It just goes to show, Youtube is becoming the 'expert witness' in all these things, and if Youtube doesn't show it, it might not have happened! Now if Youtube had been around two thousand years ago, there would be NO disputing that old JC fed five thousand people with just five loaves and two fish....unless it happened in Tucson!

Well, it's a weekend of cricket for me, so no blog until Monday, by which time Moz would have played his last two concerts, and will be on the way home. Mozzer coming home...hmm, now there's a thought...

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home


He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home

Everyone seems to know the score
They've read it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That Morrissey's World will soon go away
Cos it's fake anyway
But I know it will stay
Cos I remember

(chorus)
When Moz threw the shirt
At London Palladium
Circles 'round his eyes
At the end of Conan

So many jokes, so many sneers
From all those So-low peers
Wear you down, through the years
But I still see the tweets we were fed
And that white rose turn red
(Just as Log Lady said)
In You have Killed Me


(chorus)

I know that was then
But Blue Rose coming again


He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home


He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home

He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Mozzer's coming home








3 comments:

  1. Just for the record, I was there in San Diego and also heard him say "We must, we must, we must."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I can't remember if he said, 'We must'....but I blame that on the alcohol. My friend has a lot of video. I'll check to see if she has it recorded :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morrissey's Autobiography reveals that "Some are born", as quoted in Speedway, are the words of Stevie Smith. Solved.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive