Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 265 Tuesday June 5th 2012



You couldn't make this up...Matt Walker has left a statement about his departure from the band, on.......MORRISSEY-SOLOW! Talk about rubbing salt into the wounds, or did Walker not read what was written on that t-shirt (Fuck Morrissey Solow) he wore? Actually, he probably didn't! Walker's statement didn't really say much, apart from, that he had relinquished his post for "numerous reasons", so it wasn't just his family! Walker posting on Solow must have been a dream come true for  'Uncle Ernie', who reacted as though Matt had sent the message personally to him, by writing "Many thanks for taking the time to post here. Very much appreciated." Why thank the man who has left Mozzer in the lurch? There is never a good time to lose a valued employee, but to walk out mid tour, is unprofessional, unless of course Mozzer knew, and a replacement is already in place, in which case, Walker is forgiven! So DID Morrissey 'know' that Matt Walker was about to leave? At the penultimate concert in Bakersfield, during the pause in 'Speedway' Morrissey quoted lines from Robert Herrick's 'Upon His Departure'. Just a coincidence no doubt, but whether he 'did' know or not, it is still an inconvenience, and I am STILL feeling The Mozziah's pain.

The MorrisseysWorld blog remains dormant, and the twitter account has tweeted just twice, with 'Our Mozzer' tweeting "Sing me to sleep" and "There's nothing worse than someone coming along and cheering up a perfectly bad day." I feel I should be writing a parody piece, with The Mozziah shut away in his bedroom, refusing to speak to anybody, watching the Queen's Diamond Jubilee on the telly, and having his mum shouting at him through the bedroom door to no avail, before leaving a tray of tea and toast....but I can't be bothered!

There is nothing more for me to say, so I will say nothing more.

The Twitterdilly Arms Top 10 Countdown on twitter at 12.45pm, was abandoned half way through due to a lack of interest. I feel it is time for me to take a break. I wonder if The Mozziah will let me into his bedroom?


THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 3rd JUNE 2012

1. CUORE (HEART) - RITA PAVONE (UP 7)
2. THE QUEEN IS DEAD - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY)
3. DEATH OF A DISCO DANCER (UNRELEASED DEMO) - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY)
4. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
5. PANIC - MORRISSEY (LIVE IN STOCKTON) (NEW ENTRY)
6. COME BACK TO CAMDEN - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
7. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT (LIVE IN BAKERSFIELD) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
8. SPEEDWAY (+ 'UPON HIS DEPARTURE HENCE') - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
9. I'LL GET YOU BACK (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO) - KRISTEEN YOUNG (DOWN 6)
10. IF I CAN DREAM - ELVIS PRESLEY (RE-ENTRY)

6 comments:

  1. I think #2 should have been #1 this week, but your the manager Rat. MOZ is boss. I'm afraid to say I feel both yours and the Mozziahs pain, perhaps he has nothing to confide in us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we'll hear more in coming days about his reasons for leaving. It's not so difficult to grasp though as I imagine Morrissey isn't the easiest person to please. And by 'weirder by the moment,' I wouldn't be surprised if he was referring to Boz appearing in drag. I happen to agree with him there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Matt Walker's decision should be criticised without us knowing ALL the facts which we do not.
    I am sure that most of us have left jobs, that for various reasons, did not suit us anymore, there is probably more than one reason for MW's departure.
    It is surprising that he decided to post on the vile So-Low site.
    I hope that Moz cheers up soon and reappears on Twitter + his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha..let you in to his bedroom rat... careful your true feelings will soon be all over the internet.. i m just going to pass Moz this baseball bat, got a feeling he may need it tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rat, are you still angry? Why did you leave the chart?! I was there, just a little bit later, but I was there for you! And what do you want to do in Morrissey's bedroom naughty Rat? Please Rat don't take a break and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ratty! A chart show on a bank holiday? Surprised there was anybody there really. Come on, give us a whiskery smile.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive