Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 279 Tuesday June 19th 2012


When I started writing this blog, I presumed it would only be a matter of days before Morrissey's fans and the media discovered MorrisseysWorld, and therefore I would stop writing. Here we are, nine months on, and if I'm honest, despite plenty of hot air from many quarters, the situation remains pretty much how it was when I discovered it. I am starting to wonder when I will stop 'Following The Mozziah', and I think the answer has to be one of the following; a) After the Manchester concert, b) After Day 366, or c) When MW goes viral. The problem is, if a) and b) aren't my stop points, how long might it take to reach c)?

If I do continue 'Following the Mozziah' past July 28th and September 14th (day 366), then it will mean  'following' another tour, as Morrissey has just announced an extensive two month tour of America from October to December. If rumours about an autobiography are true, then perhaps a book will appear around Christmas time, and maybe THAT will be the thing that sends MW viral? If of course it NEVER does go viral, I could be here for a very long time!

Nothing has been added to the MW blog since June 8th, when 'Our Mozzer' (via admin guy 'R') asked for questions to be submitted for an interview. Loads of questions have been submitted, but there has so far been no sign of the answers. Perhaps Clark Kent is busy being Superman at the moment, especially if a new drummer is being bedded in, or perhaps Mozzer is 'sunning himself' somewhere and can't be arsed. There has been the occasional tweet from '@MW', but not a lot, so if nothing else happens this week, I might take a few days off. I have plenty of cricket this week, and I am contemplating going to the Isle of Wight Festival on Saturday and Sunday, just to watch Madness, Noel Gallagher, Joan Armatrading and Suzanne Vega. Have I ever mentioned the time I made Suzanne Vega a birthday cake and read her a poem while she ate it? There's quite a few things I haven't mentioned! Right, it's time for cricket.




THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 17th JUNE 2012

1. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
2. MON AMIE LA ROSE - FRANCOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY)
3. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT (LIVE IN SINGAPORE) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
4. COME BACK TO CAMDEN - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
5. YOU HAVE KILLED ME (LIVE IN BOGOTA) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3)
6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (LIVE IN POMONA) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3)
7. CUORE (HEART) - RITA PAVONE (DOWN 2)
8. DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
9. HOW SOON IS NOW (LIVE IN SAN DIEGO) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
10. PETER UND LOU & WAS MACH ICH OHNE DICH - FRANCOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY)

5 comments:

  1. It could go on forever - in which case I'm doomed... *singing*

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have I ever mentioned the time I made Suzanne Vega a birthday cake and read her a poem while she ate it?"
    Now this I really cannot believe. Rats - baking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have i ever mentioned the time i got drunk in the sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rat, I know you got a lot of things to say about you, but you like to be misterious, just like our Mozzer! May I ask you if Suzanne Vega is so shy as she looks? Ciao! I'm busy with my daughter, she's performing with her ballet school this evening...ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog Rats, please continue.

    I like the way you slipped in the Suzanne Vega story,
    saw her at Shepherd's Bush Empire with front row seats
    she was brilliant !

    The only present I want for Christmas is Moz's autobiography ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive