Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 286 Tuesday June 26th 2012


The proof that Morrissey IS behind MorrisseysWorld is stronger than ever. Why? Because the MorrisseysWorld blog thingy hasn't been properly updated for ages. IF MorrisseysWorld was run by an obsessive fan, then it would be reasonable to presume that they would LOVE the attention the blog gives them, and keep it updated, but there hasn't been a new article (ignoring the mention of a new interview....that hasn't arrived!) since May 24th, and the last parody piece was on April 9th, when 'Our Mozzer' published 'My Live Tour Journal - Sudamerica 2012! Part 1'. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PART 2???

This lack of activity proves even further the blog thing is Moz, and he is either too busy to update it, or is relaxing on holiday, or has lost interest. It could be a bit of all three. The only problem with this lack of activity, is that the Manchester concert on July 28th hasn't got a hope of being awash with roses, unless something DRAMATIC happens within the next month. The tour gets back underway in nine days time, so maybe SOMETHING will happen that finally convinces the masses and triggers a rose fest. The subtle 'signs' and clues haven't worked, so perhaps 'Our Mozzer' will need to take out a full page ad in the Manchester Evening News saying, 'PLEASE BRING ROSES TO THE M.E.N ARENA'. Mind you, I STILL think some would put it down as a 'coincidence' of some sorts.

Nothing has leaked out about a new drummer, so WHO will be taking over from Matt Walker in nine days time? Could it be that Moz himself will do a Karen Carpenter/Phil Collins/Kevin Godley etc, and become a singing drummer? Somehow, I think not. My money is on an English, American or Latino male drummer between the age of 40 and 50. The likelihood of it being Mike Joyce are, er, slim.

Following my blog entry of yesterday, John Gill (aka JG and @loughtonlil) left a comment, expressing shock that I would state that I wouldn't like somebody if The Mozziah didn't like them. Sometimes I do write things with my tongue lodged a little in my cheek, but there was actually an element of truth behind my original statement. If we take journalist Alexis Petridis as an example, I have never met the man, and was completely unaware of who he was until I started reading the MW blog, but if I were to meet him now, I would go out of my way NOT to befriend him, after all, WHY would I want to make friends with somebody who has attacked Morrissey in the way HE has? Petridis is just one example, there are a number of others, and it still astonishes me that fans of Morrissey would want to befriend people who have been openly nasty towards him, but as some have said, "he's only a fella", and "his battles aren't my battles", which I guess is true, but if a friend of mine were in battle, I would stand next to them, not opposite, or at the very least, I'd be a conscientious objector! 



THE 'TWITTERDILLY ARMS' TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 24th JUNE 2012

1. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
2. THE HEADMASTER RITUAL - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY)
3. MALADJUSTED - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
4. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT (LIVE IN SINGAPORE) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 1)
5. FRIDAY MOURNING - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (LIVE IN POMONA) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
7. CUORE (HEART) - RITA PAVONE (NO CHANGE)
8. THE ONLY ONE I KNOW - THE CHARLATANS (NEW ENTRY)
9. SING YOUR LIFE - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
10. CEMETRY GATES - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY)

3 comments:

  1. I would agree that Moz is too busy/on holiday to update the blog.
    However he was back on Twitter in the early hours of this morning when I was tucked up in bed. ( Sorry to have missed him ! )
    He was in fine form probably after a fun evening out.
    He took issue with @stillicling for an inappropriate comment. As she is one of the unbelievers why does she bother to communicate with him ?
    I don't inderstand the people that follow Moz and then insult him. Why would you ? Are you even a true fan. ( I hate that word, as it suggests fanatic )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn a typo above, should be ' understand '
    not inderstand.
    Must pay my secretary more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. true true.
    I think even if he wore a t shirt *and*
    waved a placard saying "I am behind morrisseysworld blog"
    people still wouldn't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive