Friday, 20 July 2012
Following The Mozziah Day 310 Boz Boorer Denounces MorrisseysWorld....Or Does He?
HARBIYE CEMIL TOPUZLU OPEN AIR THEATRE, ISTANBUL, TURKEY THURSDAY JULY 19TH 012
'THE BOY WITH A GIRL ON HIS SIDE' - MORRISSEY IS PRESENTED WITH A GIRL.....CALLED ROSE?
1. HOW SOON IS NOW BROWN COW?
2. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY
4. YOU HAVE KILLED ME
6. WE ARE BORED
7. SMELLY MUSTARD
8. TWITERDILLY ARMS - PARIS
9. I KNOW IT'S CLOVER
10. BLACK CLYDE
11. ALMA BALDWIN
13. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT
14. PEEP HOLES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
15. TO GIVE (RAISONS & OLIVES)
17. STILL UNWELL
16. LAST NIGHT DREAM
18. MEAT IS MURDER
19. LET ME KISS YOU
20. I WILL SEE YOU
First things first. 'Official' Boz Boorer has denounced MorrisseysWorld on facebook....or has he? Here is the conversation in question, which is started off by Michael Martinek from Boz's record label:
So, what does Boz actually say? Well firstly he says, "there was someone pretending to be me, I thought they'd gone away." Boz isn't 'actually' saying anything we don't already know, because at the end of the day, the person behind the 'fake' Boz account is Moz. Could Boz's comment be him having a laugh, especially by saying he thought the person had gone away, because Moz IS away!
Secondly, Boz says, "I tried to shut them down before, and twitter wouldn't help, maybe I can try again." Did Boz REALLY try and shut it down, or is he just saying that? Hmm.
Boz's next comment is, "I really don't understand twitter." This is probably true, hence the reason he allowed Moz to take the '@BozBoorer' account name.
Boz's fourth comment is my favourite, "Morrissey's world? Oh dear, some people have too much time on their hands." This is surely a direct tongue in cheek dig at Moz. Note that Boz doesn't call it fake or fraudulent, which you would expect him to do. It also proves that he knows about MorrisseysWorld.
Boz then mentions Boy George, asking "Ah but is it the real Boy George? And how would you know? Wise words from Boz, how does ANYBODY KNOW who ANYBODY is on twitter?
Boz then adds, "They should do something more constructive with their time, like playing Temple Run." I believe this is another tongue in cheek comment, with Boz basically saying, Moz has his blog, and 'I' have 'Temple Run.' I'll be honest, I had NO IDEA what 'Temple Run' was, so I googled it, and it's some sort of computer game involving monkeys in a temple. Do I believe Boz plays this game a lot? Yes, I think he probably does, and if anybody REALLY believes that rock stars fill their long days on the road just writing songs, they are HUGELY mistaken. By all accounts it is a very boring existence, and if you don't find something to fill your time, you just bury yourself in drink and drugs.
So, now to the concert in Istanbul. Morrissey appeared on stage in a crisp white shirt, and opened with 'How Soon Is Now?', with a short burst of Patti Smith's 'People Have The Power' at the start. During one of the first few songs, Moz somehow ended up with a small girl in his arms (see photo), but no Youtube footage has yet emerged. Plenty of other Youtube footage has appeared, and the two stand out songs for me were; 'Last Night I Dreamt' and 'I Know It's Over.' A shirt with a black rose pattern was worn for 'Let Me Kiss You', while the band wore the 'Assad Is Shit' t-shirts, which may not be needed for much longer as the Assad reign in Syria looks to be coming to an end.
Boz was once again dressed in drag (I can't remember when he last as a man), and he seems to always wear the same turquoise dress now, with a sort of 'house coat'/cape thing over. He has about three of these cape things, including a red and white patterned one, and a browny/orangey one with diamond shapes, which he wore last night. Where have the shiny dresses gone?
Whilst searching on twitter for a photo I'd seen of Boz having his make-up applied (see below), I stumbled on an old twitter account belonging to Boz's daughter Pearl (@BozBoorersKid), which has been inactive for two years, but shows Pearl is, or at least was, a Justin Bieber fan. Pearl's very last tweet, from March 2010 reads, "@justinbieber Argh I love youuuu xx." One can only hope that Pearl's parents found out what was happening and have sought help for their daughter.
And finally, 'Our Mozzer's' only tweets so far today have been re-tweets, and he is obviously in good spirits. He re-tweeted '@Little_steps00', who had tweeted a friend to say, "The fake moz at @MorrisseysWorld is better than the real thing - not sure Le Moz would be as diligently mordant."
The second MW re-tweet was a tweet from '@SamJeffries', who tweeted, "You may already know, but Johnny Marr is on twitter. Not all that interesting, but worth a follow." I imagine there was a wry smile on Mozzer's face as he read that JM isn't very interesting, but at the end of the day, JM has 111,511 followers, while '@MorrisseysWorld' STILL only has 8,417....and what is more, MW CAN'T follow '@Johnny_Marr', because Marr blocked him months ago!
BOZ BOORER PREPARES FOR A SESSION ON 'TEMPLE RUN'
Posted by TRB at 15:48
- ► 2016 (89)
- ► 2015 (136)
- ► 2014 (253)
- ► 2013 (122)
- Following The Mozziah Day 321 Tuesday July 31st 20...
- Day 320 - Oh Manchester, Nothing To Answer For
- Following the Mozziah Day 317 Friday July 27th 201...
- Day 316 - "Portugal Is Off"
- Following The Mozziah Day 314 Tuesday July 24th 20...
- Day 313 - WHO IS MORRISSEYSWORLD?
- Following The Mozziah Day 312 Sunday July 22nd 201...
- Following The Mozziah Day 310 Boz Boorer Denounces...
- Following the Mozziah Day 309 Thursday July 19th 2...
- The History of Morrissey's #BlueRoseSociety
- Following The Mozziah Day 307 Tuesday July 17th 20...
- Following the Mozziah Day 306 Monday July 16th 201...
- Following The Mozziah Day 304 Saturday July 14th 2...
- Following The Mozziah Day 303 Friday July 13th 201...
- Following The Mozziah Day 302 Thursday July 12th 2...
- EARS Review of Morrissey in Genoa
- Following The Mozziah Day 301 Wednesday July 11th ...
- Following The Mozziah Day 300 Tuesday July 10th 20...
- Following the Mozziah Day 299 Monday July 9th 2012...
- Gianni Santoro Interview with Morrissey
- Following The Mozziah Day 298 Sunday July 8th 2012...
- Following The Mozziah Day 297 Saturday July 7th 20...
- Following The Mozziah Day 296 Friday July 6th 2012...
- The History of Morrissey's Blue Rose Society
- Following The Mozziah Day 294 Wednesday July 4th 2...
- Following The Mozziah Day 293 Tuesday July 3rd 201...
- Following The Mozziah Day 292 Monday July 2nd 2012...
- ▼ July (27)