Total Pageviews

Sunday, 8 July 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 298 Sunday July 8th 2012

CAVEA AUDITORIUM, ROME, ITALY JULY 7th 2012

SETLIST: (Taken from www.setlist.fm)


1. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE 
2. YOU HAVE KILLED ME 
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY 
4. BLACK CLOUD
5. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
6. STILL ILL
7. OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD
8. PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
9. ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
10. MALADJUSTED
11. ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME
12. I KNOW IT'S OVER
13. MEAT IS MURDER
14. LET ME KISS YOU
15. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE)
16. SCANDINAVIA
17. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
18. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME
ENCORE:
19. HOW SOON IS NOW?

I have spent all morning trawling through LOADS of Youtube footage from last night's concert in Rome, and WHAT a concert! I'm sure that 'eye balls' have been added to the double drum kit. Eric the Gardner has obviously undergone an initiation ceremony, as he has now been given a matching band t-shirt. I guess it's a bit like being presented with your cap when playing cricket for England. The shirt in question would appear to be a blue coloured Italia shirt, where as Boz was once again in drag, and his dress length seems to be shortening, in an attempt to show off his fantastic pins (that's legs to you Yanks).

The song of the night for me was 'Scandinavia', closely followed by 'I Know It's Over' and 'How Soon Is Now?'. The 'heart shaped' sweat mark, that often adorns Morrissey's back, was on show in Rome, but it seemed more like a 'key hole' shape, which leads me to believe that Boz didn't put the deodorant on properly. He's probably more concerned with sorting himself out these days, although a photograph that has appeared on twitter, shows that Boz now has a makeup artist.....what a diva (diver).


Romina has reported on Twitter and the 'AllYouNeedIsMorrissey.com' website, that Morrissey was given a bouquet of white roses by a small woman with dark hair, but refused gladioli. HERE IS THE EVIDENCE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8Ut7JP768 . During 'Let Me Kiss You', Moz wore a white shirt that had a blue pattern, which many MorrisseysWorlders thought were BLUE ROSES, but to be honest, it was too hard to tell, and by the end of the song, the shirt was in the crowd, no doubt in many pieces. At the end of 'Everyday Is Like Sunday', Moz was given a number of items, which included a record, a note, and a white shirt. It was a bit like all the gifts that used to appear on the conveyor belt at the end of The Generation Game.
    Before singing the encore song, Morrissey quoted words from the song 'Kimberly' by Patti Smith, which suggests he watched Smith's set in Belgium....well he would've, wouldn't he!

Over on twitter, the mysterious '@dotdotdotpause' tweeted during the concert, possibly to prove that he/she isn't Morrissey. The tweet was Youtube footage of  'Les Temps de l'Amour' by Francoise Hardy, which I'd never heard before, and it's great. It could be a possible late contender for this week's Twitterdilly Arms Top 10....tune in to @UpthePier on twitter on Tuesday at 12.45pm UK time to find out.

There hasn't been much new Youtube footage from Belgium, although the first two songs were posted, which showed Moz wearing the GREEN CARNATION, but on later footage, the carnation had gone. WHERE did it go? There was no repeat of the carnation in Rome, and the Morrissey wikipedia entry has not had the BLUE ROSE/GREEN CARNATION reference re-added.

Meanwhile, over at the So-low place, in-house fighting has broken out, and So-low is falling apart. The self combustion was caused by a Morrissey interview with a Greek publication, in which the interviewer asked Morrissey, "why do you so dislike Morrissey-Solo.com?", to which Morrissey replied:

 "I don't like the fact that a site using my name is clearly about The Smiths and not Morrissey. This site highlights negativism, or even more, it is looking for it, a thing that annoys most people I know. So, it has become a vehicle of Morrissey haters and no one I know visits this site anymore. The owner claims that it is an open forum but since everyone posts under the name 'Anonymous', how can this be considered open? The owner of this site approached my former manager last year saying that all the negative stories would be ended if I would pay him 3,000 dollars per month. I think this speaks for itself."(translated from Greek, so may be slightly different)

It transpires that the owner of So-low, David Tseng, had NEVER made mention of this meeting to any of his followers before. Tseng tried to dig himself out of the alleged blackmailing hole, by saying, "I did meet with Merck (the former manager) and said I would be open to working with Morrissey on changes to the site, but no dollar amount was discussed. I did not hear back after the initial meeting." Many of the So-lowers turned on Tseng, they smelt a rat. Tseng started to change his story, and even tried to blame Merck by saying, "Perhaps Merck did actually say to him, 'davidt approached me the other day and said he would remove all negative stories on Morrissey-solo for 3,000 dollars a month'."

The usual Tseng appreciation society immediately sprang to his defence, with UncleSkinny saying, "That is just not true", even though UncleSkinny WASN'T AT THE MEETING! More contributers started to question DavidT and UncleSkinny, with one contributer saying to Skinny, "You're calling Morrissey a liar." Skinny replied, "I didn't say Morrissey was a liar, I said that what he said was untrue, that's a big difference."

 Oxford English dictionary 'UNTRUTH' - "A lie or false statement." NOT such a big difference!


A contributer called Smiler (who appears very normal and sane) then took Tseng to task saying, "Come on David, why don't you tell us what was said? Why are you being so vague?" Tseng failed to give any sort of answer and Skinny resorted to posting "Fuck off and Fuck off." Tseng eventually said, "Setting up way to sell new releases online, I would be open to that but depending on much more work/effort, I'd have to consider all the factors. I don't think it's greedy to expect to be treated fairly." Smiler then said, "Then either Merck told Morrissey a load of lies (for no reason) or Morrissey completely made up the story himself, just to discredit you." Tseng's foggy memory seemed to return when he replied, "I recall I did say it was unlikely Morrissey would agree to any of this, but Merck said he would attempt to be a 'Henry Kissinger' type of mediator. Morrissey has shown his hatred towards the site so it would not be shocking for me that he filled in 'facts' on his own."

The so-low users started to turn on Tseng even more, with one saying, "I'm certain who I believe and it isn't David. He has proven himself to be a liar who claims to be against censorship, except when the topic in question is criticism against his site. He lies when it suits his story." I have first hand knowledge of this, as whenever I try to post on So-low, I AM BLOCKED from doing so, which obviously means that Tseng and Skinny have KEPT a record of my IP address. So-low is a cesspit of lies, and they have been caught out. Contributer 'SamuelJackson' posted, "David Tseng and Peter Finan (Uncleskinny) are born liars. I trust and believe Morrissey 100% over these disreputable low-lifes." 'Anin (or at least i was)' posted, "Must say I think this site is useless these days. Very dull." 'Violeta' posted, "I understand what Morrissey has been saying/feeling about all the negativity, that's why I stopped posting here around ten years ago. Freedom of speech and opinion is one thing, slander is another. I used to be a moderator on this site and saw all sorts of things that fell into the category of slander. Goodbye."

More contributers turned on So-low, with 'M-in-Oz' saying, "The site has become negative and those who speak the loudest hold the view that Morrissey's best work is behind him, where I think he is still writing lyrics which mean a lot and have something to say." Another contributer said, "I agree with this too, but these voices are rarely heard over the loud obnoxious haters that David allows to reign supreme here, and that is why David is banned and Morrissey hates him."


Uncle Skinny has recently announced that he will be attending the Manchester concert after all. MorrisseysWorld (when it was open) suggested that Skinny 'might' receive a concert ban, so will Skinny REALLY risk going? The answer is probably yes, because he STILL thinks that I am behind MorrisseysWorld. Here is an 'intellectual' posting from Skinny on So-low from three days ago: "That 'cunty blogger' had the shame, the gall, the effrontery, to contact the promoters of the Belgium festival on Twitter to tell them that the blog owner was Morrissey, to direct traffic to the Twitter feed and Blog. Absolutely shameful, and borderline law-breaking, as 'passing off'. What a disgraceful person." Oh Skinny, you have got EVERYTHING so wrong. The excitement builds.

So, White roses in Rome and tonight, it is Genoa, and MorrisseysWorlder EARS (Emotional Air Raid) has tweeted to say that she has got three BLUE ROSES, and will be at the front, so is tonight the night? Back tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Rat, as I promised here there's a translation of the interview by Gianni Santoro, I'm not in Rome, I got no scanner, so I'm translating the question and the answers...very funny!
    1) Are you happy to come back in Rome? M." Yes, very much, by now I got skate and hula hope! I'm hoping it's not beeing embarassing!"
    2)The last time,in February 2006, you were searching for home in Rome, what's happened? M."I stayed in an hotel and then the bill was more expensive than the budget for building the same hotel!"
    3)You said that the Disco's Company don't want you. Is this so meaningfull? M."Today is this meaningfull?! Music is marketing. The L.P. are peaised just for one good song. People like me are strange. Or we sing, or we die!"
    4) Is redy your new L.P.? M."Since a lot of time and it's old yet. I don't belive it will be published. But I will never know. It would be possible that someone could have pity of me and give me a little piece of bread."
    5) Never a duet with Patty Smith or Lou Red, but you are friends, why? M." they got very high standards."
    6)You are moaning about fake account on social network. Why don't you open an official one to communicating? M." People use to listen my words to much. The update as: I'm wake, up dressed up,
    had breakfast, falled down, it makes people more ridicoulous than they are in fact. I use to send a statement on True to You.net, no social network, they are against social.
    7) There is a point that you asked me for no debating: Smith. Tell me: Beach Boys, Nlack Sabbath, Stone Roses, Suede...sometimes is the reniunion something good?M"After the marriage to divircing is unavoidable, and you'll never marry again!"
    8)What do weare waiting for about your autobiography?M" I spnt more time to talking about it than to writing about. The innocent will have their name and the guilty will be protected. My life is not a short novel, it will be includeded in an horror category."
    9)There'll be a chapter about your love affair?M" Yes, it will be the shorter one and with no pictures."
    10)We all saw your picture with Gaga. You were looking like toughtfull. M" I always look toughtfull. She asked me to visit her and I accepted and she was very nice, but I still don't understand what kind of face she could have. I think she could have a different nose for each day."
    11) Want you say somthing else to the world? M"Yes, in England the freedom to speak does'nt exist. I do belive it's time to approach the question. Welcome back to 1939" I do not post the short introduction because G.S. wrote things that we know quite well, I did a litterally traslation, surely with mistakes, but I did my best to not change the sense of the words. I like this interview and the concert at Cavea was wonderfull. Viva Morrissey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry Rat "praised", "ready" Reed...oh how much I wrong, forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. notice that the freedom of speech answer is identical to what MorrisseysWorld tweeted to louise mensch. Yet again, proof he follows or at least did follow MorrisseysWorld. Even his criticism of twitter is exactly what MorrisseysWorld used to say. More proof?

    I miss him so badly.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive