Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 300 Tuesday July 10th 2012

Today is the 300th day since I found MorrisseysWorld, a place that is a cross between Hotel California and Moonie Heaven. As 'LizzyCat', 'GOB', 'MancLad', RosyMires' etc have proven, you can check out anytime you like - but you can NEVER leave.
   MorrisseysWorld was quietly tucked away on the web, minding it's own business, when I just walked right in, and 300 days later, I'm not only still there/here/wherever, I'm guarding the door like Biaginno - actually, can I be Ennio? (see yesterday's blog entry if you have no idea what I'm on about, you won't regret it, it's a GREAT satirical piece about, er, Morrissey!)

   In the excitement of finding MorrisseysWorld.blogspot.com, I started my own blog, just as a way of keeping stock of events, and now 55,000 hits later, it has taken over my life, to the extent that I actually gave up my real job, left my fishing nets, and I am now FOLLOWING THE MOZZIAH full time, although I have NO IDEA where he's heading, and further more, I don't think he does either, but I'm holding on tight and enjoying the ride.

It's not all fun and games, I have been taken down a DARK PATH to a place called So-low, but I try not to go there very often. It is a car crash of a website, driven by the blind, for the blind.
   On the positive path of my journey, I have met a number of like minded people, and we have built ourselves a 'virtual pub' on twitter, called 'The Twitterdilly Arms', where we swap stories and observations about both Morrissey and his parody alter ego, 'Our Mozzer'. Those who occupy the Twitterdilly Arms have formed the 'BLUE ROSE SOCIETY', and the quest is to wear roses to Morrissey concerts, and to try and hand them to him.

Anyway, enough of the misty eyed romanticisms, I should be updating my readers with my observations of both MorrisseysWorld and Morrissey. The MW blogsite remains offline, having been taken down on Saturday. It was pointed out to me on twitter yesterday by '@fancys123', that I'd missed the final blog entry from 'Our Mozzer', that appeared last Friday, which apparently made reference to Morrissey's GREEN CARNATION in Liege, and asked if BLUE ROSE would be next.

The reason I missed the blog entry was because I was house hunting all day Friday. Regular readers to my blog may, or may not, wish to know that after my builders left in May, I put my house for sale, and last week I received an offer from somebody to buy it. I spent all of last week viewing a number of houses, but my dog said even 'he' wouldn't sleep in some of them (he has expensive tastes), so I have decided to abandon the move. I have messed the estate agent about, but as they are all lying, cheating , unscrupulous bastards, the guilt is minimal.

So, back to Mozzer. The eagle eyed among you may have seen a post in the comments section of my blog on Sunday from 'Poetic Morrissey' (Luke), who pointed out that Morrissey's answer to the last question of the interview he gave to Gianni Santoro of XL Repubblica was IDENTICAL to a tweet made by '@MorrisseysWorld'. Here are the two again, for those who missed it:

29th June tweet by '@MorrisseysWorld': "@LouiseMensch We don't have freedom of speech. Stop pretending we do."

Statement by Morrissey during the interview published THIS WEEK with XL Repubblica in Italy: "In England the freedom to speak doesn't exist." This is just ANOTHER coincidence of course, but ALSO during the interview, Morrissey ridiculed twitter users, in EXACTLY the same way that MorrisseysWorld does...yes, I know, just a coincidence.

I won't write a report about the concert in Genoa, because EARS (Emotional Air Raid aka @Airraid25) is going to write a full review and post it on here. Not much Youtube footage has emerged from Genoa (unlike Rome where there is loads of fantastic quality stuff), although '@RosyMires' has posted footage of her giving presents to Moz during 'I Will See You In Far-Off Places'. The presents included; a photo of a street in Hulme, two stories what she wrote, a sprocket set, a teasmade, a picnic hamper, a diamond jubilee commemorative mug, a foot stool, a set of bath towels, an electric quiff clamp, Elton John's greatest hits cd, a cuddly toy, a bonsai tree *a buzzer goes off* "didn't she do well?" EARS apparently 'offered' her BLUE ROSE to Moz, but was met with a shrug, but I'll leave her to tell her tale.

As I write this, the '@MorrisseysWorld' twitter account has just re-opened (the blog remains closed), so I will scuttle back over to MorrisseysWorld via the Twitterdilly Arms, and report back tomorrow. Just before I go, for anybody who STILL doubts that Morrissey is MorrisseysWorld, and that he also reads my blog, you may be interested to see my 'audience stats' for this week. I have suddenly had an influx of readers in Italy, now HOW would they know about 'FollowingTheMozziah'?



Pageviews by Countries
Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
United Kingdom
708
United States
682
Italy
157


And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, Morrissey is tonight playing in Milan. Will we see (OO) any signs from the stage? As Shaw Taylor used to say on 'Police 5' - 'KEEP 'EM PEELED".

TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WEEK COMMENCING SUNDAY JULY 8TH 2012

1. 'THE GREEN CARNATION E.P' (SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE & YOU HAVE KILLED ME - LIVE IN LIEGE - ERIC'S DEBUT) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
2. HOW SOON IS NOW? (LIVE IN LIEGE) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. LE TEMPS DE L'AMOUR - FRANCOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY)
4. PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE  - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
5. BLACK CLOUD (LIVE IN LIEGE) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
7. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (DOWN 6)
8. HEART - RITA PAVONE (DOWN 1)
9. KIMBERLY - PATTI SMITH (NEW ENTRY)
10. IS THAT ALL THERE IS? - PEGGY LEE (NEW ENTRY)

*The Twitterdilly Arms Top 10 is counted down on twitter EVERY TUESDAY at 12.45pm UK time. You can join in the excitement LIVE by following '@UpThePier'.

2 comments:

  1. Well Rat, I'm truly happy for your blog, for the chart and expecially for Morrissey's tour and I'm truly hoping to going to another concert pheraps in Usa! I saw the tweets about the interview, very interesting, of course I wrote the tru interview, surely with some mistakes, but I did my best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morrissey Porto Antico Arena Mare Genoa 8th July.

    Oh Morrissey....So much to answer for.

    What a fantastic show. Kristeen opened with real presence. She sang a song sat on the edge of the stage holding a fans hand, it was beautiful to watch, their eyes were locked for the duration of the song. Kristeen has a powerful, captivating voice & had boundless energy on the stage.

    So the moment I had beeen dreaming of for SO long had arrived. Before coming on we could see Moz & the band hugging backstage & then there he was MORRISSEY! I won't go through the set list but they started with Shoplifters, one of my highlights. The crowd were all singing along, it felt really special.
    Morrisey was looking in top form in a crisp white shirt set against his tanned skin. It is my opinion that Morrissey's voice has become richer over the years. I felt such a strong connection to the emotion & sentiment which flowed from him like a waterfall.

    So to the blue rose moment, I just had one person in front of me so I was confident Morrissey could see the rose & I think it was during Alma Matters Moz came in my direction so I waved the rose like a woman possessed. I tried to catch his eye, but, he looked at the rose & just gave a small shrug of the shoulders (Rosy will confirm this, I can find no youtube footage) I will leave it up to individuals to interpret this gesture. For me the most important thing was that it had been acknowledged, I wasn't really expecting him to take it. Though of course I would have been delighted if he had. I continued waving the rose throughout hoping it would be caught on some youtube footage which thankfully it was.

    Boz was dressed in a frock, wig & full makeup he did make me smile because he keeps his face so dead pan. The band sounded fantastic, & did Morrissey proud.
    Morrissey appeared relaxed & chatted a little which can be heard on @RosyMires youtube foootage. I noticed after several of his legendary handshaking moments we went away laughing. Speaking of which I wasn't lucky enough for a grasp of his hand but at one stage lost my glasses & a shoe as people clambered forward for a touch from their idol.

    Another highlight was when Morrissey took Rosy's gift & hugged it to his chest. It was lovely to share in the joy Rosy felt from this.
    Top songs of the night for me were Shoplifters, Last Night I Dreamt & How soon Is Now. Oh & I must mention To Give, such a great cover. At the end he sang acapella, a few lines from Patti Smith's Pissing In A River which was a touching moment(on Rosy's youtube footage)
    At the end of the show I asked 2 security guys if they would take the roses to Morrissey but they didn't respond so I threw them on the stage as promised on MW blog. By now they will be in a bin but the sentiment behind them remains.

    It was a wonderful evening which I will never forget & so lovely to share it with Rosy who loves Morrissey as much as I do.
    Morrissey owned the stage, he sang with passion & straight from the heart.

    Manchester & Edinburgh awaits....

    FORZA MOZZA VIVA BLUE ROSE.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive