Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 301 Wednesday July 11th 2012

Arcimboldi Theater, Milan, Italy July 10th 2012

SETLIST:

1. YOU HAVE (JEREMY)KYLED ME
2. (DAVID)STEEL ILL
3. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS(JACKSON, NOT HILTON)
4. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SANJAY(KAPOOR)
5. MAL(COLM MCDONALD)ADJUSTED
6. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED MIMI(ROGERS)
7. OUIJA (STAN)BOARD(MAN), OUIJA BOARD
8. BLACK CLYDE(BEST) - UP THE HAMMERS
9. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE (WHICKER'S)WORLD UNITE
10. I WILL SEE YOU IN FAR-ROLF(HARRIS) PLACES
11. ACTION(MAN) IS MY MIDDLE NAME
12. I KNOW IT'S (ROY OF THE R)OVER(S)
13. ONE (ROBIN)DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
14. PEOPLE AR(T GARFUNKEL) THE SAME EVERYWHERE
15. MEAT IS REDRUM
16. TO GIVE (THE REASON OLIVE(FROM ON THE BUSES))
17. ALMA(COGAN)MATTERS
18. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, RATTY
19. LET ME (DR HENRY)KISS(INGER) YOU
20. HOW BAN KI MOON IS NOW?

Sorry about my setlist, I have these, er, moments. As I write this, there is NO Youtube footage from Milan, so I can't give any sort of report, except to say that 'MancladMozFan' attended the concert last night, AND he remembered to take a rose!!! Not only that, he actually managed to HAND IT TO THE ARTISTE on stage. *Trumpets sound* But hold on, the artiste he handed the rose to WASN'T Morrissey, it was.......Kristeen Young! Oh Manclad.

The ONLY way that we are going to get BLUE ROSE off the ground, is for a large group of us to get together at a concert and ALL be seen wearing BLUE ROSES. JG ('@Loughtonlil' on twitter) is going to organise a pre-concert meeting for July 28th, in a pub in Manchester (that hopefully resembles The Twitterdilly Arms), for all MorrisseysWorlders going to the concert. I propose that we ALL meet up, and I will bring the BLUE ROSES. We will then have to get to Manchester Arena early enough to get close to the front (we can watch Kristeen too), and then we can watch Morrissey together. WHEN Morrissey walks on stage WEARING his BLUE ROSE, we can ALL enjoy the moment TOGETHER. Even those who are still on the fence, and unsure about MorrisseysWorld are invited to wear a blue rose, and if at the end of the day, Morrissey DOESN'T wear a BLUE ROSE, or DOESN'T sing 'Trouble Loves Me', or DOESN'T mention MorrisseysWorld, or DOESN'T wear a Bieber t-shirt, or DOESN'T sing a brand new song (Boredom is a Plague), then we can ALL say we were wrong, and we can ALL put the whole thing to bed. However, I am prepared to make a prophecy, at least ONE of the above WILL happen, and when it does, I want to be stood shoulder to shoulder with my new friends from The Twitterdilly Arms.

So, I now need 'orders' for BLUE ROSES. I have cut a deal with my local florist, and rather than spend £30 on a single rose, like 'MancladKrisFan' did, I can purchase the roses at £3 each. I don't want payment for the roses, I just want a commitment that YOU want one and will WEAR it. Can I therefore please ask that MorrisseysWorlders leave comment at the end of this blog, COMMITTING to WEARING a BLUE ROSE, and I will then bring as many roses as I get orders for. As Adam Ant once said, "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of", we are ALL in this together, we have created a lovely community, now let's make BLUE ROSE happen TOGETHER. If we DON'T, then there has been no point to this whole journey, and don't worry about Moz not spotting us, I have bought some SPECIAL roses that will help him find us. I KNEW that there was a purpose to this blog of mine!

Before I sign off for today, I am delighted to report that the MorrisseysWorld blog has re-appeared, although as yet, there is nothing new posted, although yesterday, according to '@girlwithout' on twitter, a statement was posted saying 'Interview Imminent', but it has now GONE!

'Our Mozzer' returned to twitter yesterday and he asked for somebody to tweet him the Youtube clip of him being given a "basket of whites"(roses) in Rome. I happily tweeted him the clip, but it was only ever reported that it was a bunch of roses, NOT a BASKET, so does 'OUR MOZZER' know something we don't, or is basket just another term for bunch? Could 'Basketgate' solve the mystery of MorrisseysWorld? I see NO basket in the clip (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B8Ut7JP768) but perhaps there is a small one.

'Basketgate' (or Basket case?) aside, 'Our Mozzer' continued to entertain as only he knows how, and he was obviously in good spirits as he tweeted "Twitter loves me, Twitter needs me, Two twitticisms, More than you do, Or would attempt to, So Retweet me, Otherwise tweet me." One of my favourite ALL TIME tweets of 'Our Mozzer's' is "On the tweet rampage, at my age", it's almost like his Twitter signature. MW also exchanged tweets with Gianni Santoro (@GianniSantor0), the guy who interviewed him the other day for XL Repubblica, and when Gianni asked MW if he was worried about lawyers calling, MW replied, "The lawyers have never called me and they never will call me."

'MancladKrisFan' also came in for a bit of ribbing from MW, with MW asking Lizzy Cat (@Lizzycatmoz) "I wonder what his bluerose excuse will be this time? @RosyMires ate it, sir?" To which Rosy Mires replied, "I WILL eat a blue rose if fake Moz turns out to be real." It looks like I'd better bring ONE extra rose to Manchester, and as Gustavo Manzur plays the DUM, DUM, DUM , DUM at the beginning of 'Trouble Loves Me', I shall resist the urge to ram the blue rose into Rosy's mouth, but will insert it gently, petal by petal.

There is LOADS more I could report from Twitterdilly, but I have a very busy day today, so I must go. Please don't forget to make your BLUE ROSE pledge, and I have just received news from twitter that '@thischarmingrrl' (aka Sandra Morrissey) has JOINED , and will be taking a rose to ATHENS in five days time. Welcome along Sandra, may your stay at Hotel Moonie Heaven be a pleasant one. Trouble Loves Us.

4 comments:

  1. You can call me in, only trouble is that most of us haven't got standing tickets! I am happy for JG to arrange a meeting point but my train doesn't get to Manchester until 5.30ish and I think the doors open a 6pm so it doesn't leave much time. Definitely meet up afterwards though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats – thank you for your very kind and generous offer. You have a big heart underneath all that fluff and whiskers.
    Like some of the others I do not have a standing ticket so will need a very large catapult if I am to stand any chance of getting a rose on the stage.
    I also wish to remain ‘under wraps’, but if you happen to notice a very large orange orb floating towards the stage, get your peashooter out – I will be inside it with a bunch of roses @-‘-,--

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that girlwithout is not going to reveal herself
    in Manchester, it would be good to meet you.

    Love your idea of the blue roses Rats - a very generous gesture from you. However hubby and I have our roses sorted thank you.
    Would love to be part of the group meeting before and after the show. ( There will be an after won't there ? )
    We are not in the standing zone either or the mosh pit.

    Thank you for taking the time to write your entertaining blog today even though you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I'm truly jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive