Total Pageviews

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Following The Mozziah Day 302 Thursday July 12th 2012


CAVEA NUOVO TEATRO DELL'OPERA, FLORENCE, ITALY WEDS JULY 11TH 2012

SETLIST:

1. YOU HAVE KEELED ME
2. STILL NOT WELL
3. TWITTERDILLY ARMS - PARIS BRANCH
4. WHEN LAST I SUNG CAROLS
5. MAL & JUSTIN
6. BLACK CLYDE
7. LAST NIGHT I DRANK
8. WEEDY BARD, WEEDY BARD
9. YOU'RE THE NUMBER ONE, RATTY
10. ACNE IS MY MIDDLE NAME
11. EILEEN IT'S OVER
12. LET ME KISS YOU - SUNG BY THE AUDIENCE & NOT MOZ
13. TO GIVE (REG, STAN, ARTHUR, OLIVE)
14. MARS-A-DAY BUT NOT SUNDAY
15. BLUEROSERS OF THE WORLD UNITE
16. PEEP HOLES ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE
17. REDRUM
18. I WILL 'OO' YOU IN FAR-OFF PLACES
19. HOW NOW BROWN COW?

My attempt of yesterday to bring together ALL of the BLUE ROSE SOCIETY on the front row in Manchester has failed before it even began. The ONE request I got for a BLUE ROSE was from GOB, but she explained that she wouldn't be able to stand with everybody, as she had a seating ticket. It then transpired that EARS, JG, GirlWithout and ALL the rest of the gang, bar LizzyCat, ALSO had seated tickets, so a mini-mass of BLUE ROSERS will NOT be happening. I too had bought seating tickets (not through choice), but last week there was a release of more standing tickets, so I scooped up a pair for me and 'Big Mick'. I can't be bothered to sell my spare tickets, so I shall give them away to some poor wretches, perhaps David Cameron and Kath Viner would like them?

The first person to spot that my beautiful plan was doomed from the start was 'Our Mozzer' himself, who tweeted, "A delightfully quaint gesture, which is bound to fail." How right he was. I will reveal Plan B tomorrow.....if I remember.

I have very little time to write anything today, as I am buying a new car, a Morris Oxford, 'J' reg, in white with 437, 000 miles on the clock and one previous lady owner. My cricket match has been called off due to the continued British rain, so instead we are having friends around for dinner and karaoke. There karaoke machine holds 40,000 songs, so will I be able to find a Moz number to 'treat' them to?


There is SO much to discuss from the concerts in Milan and Florence but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I don't EVEN have time to mention that in Milan Moz sang "I'm a poor lonely RAT" at the end of 'Everyday Is Like Sunday', sang 'You Have Killed Me' with a cigarette in his mouth and had stage invaders during 'How Soon Is now?', after first singing an a cappella piece from Patti Smith's 'Fire of Unknown Origin.' I also have no time to mention his BLUE ROSE shirt in Florence, the mysterious new stage backdrop with what may or may not be two Italian footballers on it (Romina's suggestion).

I haven't even TOUCHED on 'Our Mozzer's' twitter updates, which include his tweet, "My world is coming." This is SURELY a reference to the new song of that name that 'Our Mozzer' said he'd written. Now, if this is true, all talk of 'coincidences' flies out of the window. How apt would it be for the TRUTH to be triggered by a song.

"Good evening Manchester, Welcome to MY WORLD....MORRISSEYSWORLD." God I'm almost drooling.









3 comments:

  1. Sorry Rat, but surely I'm wrong, the two men are not football players and Now truly I don't who could they be! A karaoke night, surely funny, I wish I was here for singinig " Paint a vulgare picture" or any others Morrisey's song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't those with seated tickets "sneak" into the standing area? I don't know the logistics, but they may be able to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *failed before it even began* god loves a tryer rat

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive