Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Day 356 - Oh heart

I am still alive.

It would appear that my assumption that Morrissey's 'Fantasy Set List' contained Andy Williams's 'So Little Time', was wide of the mark. HeatherCat has pointed out that it was in fact the Diana Dors song of the same name that featured on Morrissey's 'Under The Influence' album, which as you can probably tell, I have neither bought nor listened to! Our Mozzer has confirmed in a tweet to Heather, that she is correct...swot, which if she isn't aware (being American), means teacher's pet, which again, if she doesn't understand (still being American), means arse licker, which surely MUST be universal? I still think the Andy Williams song would be more suited to Mozzer's croon.

I keep missing 'Our Mozzer' on twitter (that's because I don't go on it much anymore, although this will probably change after today, because the kids go back to school), and he has once again been on the tweet rampage......at his age. He has been having a go at anybody and everybody, including Stephen Fry and Rizzle Kicks. He also set a challenge to Lauren Laverne (@laurenlaverne), to ask him something only the REAL Morrissey would know the answer to. Lauren accepted the challenge and asked:

 "OK. Hello, Morrissey. Do you remember which vodka you drank (and pretended not to) during our chat at Xfm?"

Our Mozzer replied:

"This is a trick question. It was not vodka. And hello Lauren. I remember the interview well."

Our Mozzer then added:

"Oh but it wasn't Xfm - it would have been BBC surely? BBC at some dreadful festival."

Lauren Laverne has not made any further comment, so is Our Mozzer telling the truth or not? He continues to deny being the REAL Morrissey. It's interesting to note that Lauren addressed him as Morrissey though.

I am also pleased to report that Our Mozzer yesterday spelt Charles Hawtrey correctly, having previously spelt it Hawtree. Misspelling of comic heroes by Mancunian singing heroes is most unacceptable, and I can only hope it doesn't happen again, however, this dreadful schoolboy error, proves beyond all doubt, that Our Mozzer  really IS Morrissey, as he had a poor secondary school education. Come to think of it, I was never taught to spell Hawtrey, and I bet my kids haven't either. It makes you wonder what schools are for!

The MorrisseysWorld blog is still visible, but only two articles remain, the pledge from April, and the final entry from early August. Will the blog ever return? We shall see.

Despite my dying plea of yesterday for Morrissey to answer those f***ing questions, he still hasn't bothered, which just goes to prove he is a heartless swine, and talking of hearts, here is the chart, which was broadcast at the earlier time of 12.15pm today, to an audience of three; '@RosyMires', who informs me I just have indigestion (for the record, I actually think it's a chest infection, but then again, I ain't no doctor), '@Dots_and_Dots' (formerly Dot Dot Dot Pause aka Spirit of Nico, yes he/she is still around), and '@PapaSonsFilm'. I thank them for their interest.

THE BLUE ROSE TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 2ND 2012

1. HEART - RITA PAVONE (RE-ENTRY)
2. WOODEN HEART - ELVIS PRESLEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. NOW MY HEART IS FULL - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
4. ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART - CILLA BLACK (NEW ENTRY)
5. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
6. I KNOW IT'S OVER (BUT IN MY HEART IT WAS SO REAL) (LIVE IN MANCHESTER 2012) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3)
7. LET ME KISS YOU (MY HEART IS OPEN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
8. IT'S NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY ANYMORE (BUT THE HEART HAS A WILL OF IT'S OWN) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
9. DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME (WITH MY HEART ON A STRING) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
10. COME BACK TO CAMDEN (MY HEART FOREVER MORE) - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3)

BUBBLING UNDER

Sunny (My Heart Goes Out To You) - Morrissey
Speedway (Can You See It In Your Heart?) - Morrissey
Girl Least Likely To (Deep In My Heart) - Morrissey
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself (Sick Down to My Heart) - Morrissey
To Me You Are A Work Of Art (And I Would Give You My Heart) - Morrissey
I Have Forgiven Jesus (I Carried My Heart In My Hand) - Morrissey
Mexico (And I Cried My Heart Out) - Morrissey
In The Future When All's Well (I Thank You With All of My Heart) - Morrissey
First of The Gang To Die (He Stole All Hearts Away) - Morrissey
Asleep (Deep In the Cell of My Heart) - The Smiths
Interlude (So Much More Than My Heart Can Hold) - Morrissey & Siouxsie
I've Changed my Plea To Guilty (With My Innocent Hand on My Heart) - Morrissey
I'm Not Sorry (When Will This Tired Heart Stop Beating?) - Morrissey
I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now (It Begins in the Heart) - Morrissey
Rusholme Ruffians (Is All a Tremulous Heart Requires) - The Smiths
Paint A Vulgar Picture (In My Heart I Begged) - The Smiths
Wonderful Woman (With Neither Heart or Spine) - The Smiths
Trouble Loves Me - Morrissey




2 comments:

  1. i thought everyone knew it was diana dors, i even left a tweet about the said song some months ago for old oscar to listen to.. come on rat this is so unlike you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite an impressive list of songs with heart references. I do hope that yours is Ok, Rats. And thanks for explaining what a swot is, as I'm unfamiliar with the term, not being one myself :-) I agree that the Andy Williams song would be a lovely choice as well.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive