Total Pageviews

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Day 393 - Hoisted From The Herd

Yesterday I posted my 'little something for ya' blog at about 6pm (1pm NYC time) and half an hour later, Our Mozzer (@MorrisseysWorld) returned to twitter, with the following tweet:

"Morrisseysworld.blogspot.co.uk BlueRose - a surprise?"

GOB (@GirlOnBike1102) then tweeted:

"@MorrisseysWorld - Will you take @Mozkidkyle 's blue rose tonight if he can get it to you?", which MW immediately retweeted....and then he was gone!

The only new edition to the MorrisseysWorld blog was this photo, with NO words:


CHIO'S BLUE ROSE ON THE WATERBURY STAGE, WHERE IT REMAINED FOR THE WHOLE ENCORE

Just as TRM (The Real Morrissey) said it best, on Colbert, when he said NOTHING, Our Mozzer's publishing of a solitary blue rose said EVERYTHING too. It was a SIGN!

But WAS it a SIGN of things to come at Radio City Music Hall? In the words of Britain's biggest TV star, Churchill the nodding dog......"OHHH YES!"

"OHHH YES!" L TO R: GAYNOR TENSION, CHURCHILL & LIAM THE CHAUFFEUR

RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY

SET:

IN                                                                        OUT
LAST NIGHT I DREAMT                            FANTASTIC BIRD
BLACK CLOUD                                            A RUSH AND A PUSH
                                                                      MALADJUSTED


Morrissey
MALADJUSTED WASN'T PLAYED

Before setting off to Radio City Music Hall, the youngest member of the BLUE ROSE SOCIETY, eleven year old Kyle Douglas (@Mozkidkyle) tweeted a picture of him leaving home with his BLUE ROSE, but would Morrissey be ready to accept it?


KYLE WITH BLUE ROSE, CLEAN SHOES & WELL SWEPT VERANDAH


I have managed to watch virtually every song on YouTube, and the show was OUTSTANDING, truly OUTSTANDING. 'Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me', 'Everyday Is Like Sunday' and 'Let Me Kiss You' are my personal favourties from last night, but EVERY song was delivered with meaning, and Morrissey's voice is better now than at ANY other point in his career, it seems to have got deeper and stronger, it has more of an edge to it. Forget '55', I can see NO reason why Moz won't continue until his dying day. Why WOULD he stop anyway, THIS IS HIS LIFE, it REALLY IS!

Morrissey
MORRISSEY ON STAGE AT RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL - TO GIVE, REALLY IS THE REASON HE LIVES

You will see from the above photo that the plaster is STILL in place, the pain NEVER goes!

So, back to Kyle. Did he manage to get to the front? Yes, and he even managed to throw in a couple of good old fashioned 'Horn Hand' signals, God, this kid is GOOD!


Morrissey
"OI MORRISSEY, I'VE READ YOUR BLOG!"


Let me cut to the chase, because most of you reading this already KNOW what happened next, and the MorrisseysWorld blog has beaten me to it. Morrissey appeared for the encore of 'Still Ill', and before he'd EVEN sung a word, Kyle leapt onto the stage, with his BLUE ROSE in hand, and HUGGED Mozzer. Kyle was gently led away by the security staff before he was able to offer the rose, but Morrissey walked straight over to where Kyle stood, and TOOK the BLUE ROSE from him. Let me JUST type that again for those who may have poor hearing, MORRISSEY TOOK A BLUE ROSE, and then wore it for the WHOLE song.


BLUE ROSE TUCKED IN TIGHT TO THE HIP


And WHO caught Morrissey's shirt during 'Let Me Kiss You'? You guessed it, Kyle, and he didn't even have to fight for it......well would YOU fight the president of the Blue Rose Society?

Embedded image permalink
HOISTED FROM THE HERD, PEOPLE ARE 'NOT' THE SAME EVERYWHERE



You would think that with BLUE ROSE fulfilled, that would be it. The BLUE ROSE members are all bursting with pride at Kyle's achievement. It has been reported on twitter, that Moz even spoke to Kyle halfway through the show, just before Ouija Board, and asked him his name, and how old he was. Morrissey is even alleged to have replied that HE was nearly named Kyle. Morrissey didn't of course NEED to ask Kyle's name, Morrissey follows my blog, and reads twitter, he knew FULL WELL that he was speaking to Kyle. Moz  KNEW that BLUE ROSE would be fulfilled last night, he just KNEW, and THAT is why he re-opened MorrisseysWorld yesterday, and it's why he retweeted GOB's tweet.




The only other thing to report today, is that another email interview has emerged, this time with VillageVoice.com. Most of the questions cover the usual old bumf, but there is also some good stuff. Presuming the interviewer hasn't altered anything to 'Americanize' Mozzer's answers, it is interesting to note that Morrissey has once again used a 'z' in the word 'institutionalized', instead of the British 's', but centre has been spelt center, so perhaps Moz is just helping out the American readers. Here are the highlights of the interview:

On Record Labels: "I like to be institutionalized behind a great wall. I'm independent enough without selling CDs out of the back of a van."


MOZ (RIGHT) TELLS LIAM "IF TRADE DOESN'T PICK UP BY TWELVE, WE'LL THROW IN A COPY OF SOUTHPAW GRAMMAR WITH EACH PURCHASE OF THE NEW CD"


On Viva Hate & The Smiths Split: "I alone was responsible for clearing up any financial Smiths debts. There were no calls for 25 percent equality at that stage from any ex-Smiths! Let Morrissey carry the can, and we'll carry the cash...uh. Anyway, like an idiot, I trotted along, and under such pressure came Viva Hate."

On Smiths Songs: "I don't feel that they are somebody else's songs. The sentiments in the songs from the Smiths period were always mine, and mine alone. I wasn't the voice of a collective. I don't even think that the other three Smiths even liked the lyrics."

On Being a Decent Human Being: "In Rome a few weeks ago, a pigeon was zapped by a passing motorbike, and people just stepped over it as it writhed in agony in the center of the road. I ran into the road and picked it up and carried it to a dark corner. It was bloodied and dazed, but I returned later with bread and it responded very well. The point is, nobody would help the pigeon. People are so embarrassed to help. It's as if they can't forget about themselves for a split-second."

THE WOMAN FROM THE BOOKSTORE HAS NOW MADE A FULL RECOVERY FROM HER MILD STROKE, AND IS FEEDING INJURED PIGEONS IN ROME


And HOW have the non believers reacted to BLUE ROSE? Solow haven't even noticed, and Rosy Mires has called it a.....coincidence, saying Kyle is a well known super fan, and that Morrissey ALWAYS looks after his super fans.

And HOW have the Blue Rose Society reacted to  the non believers STILL not believing? Relief, sheer relief. The days of trying to convince Morrissey fans that Morrissey is behind MorrisseysWorld are LONG gone, MorrisseysWorld is OURS, and the longer that remains, the better. The BLUE ROSE SOCIETY is growing by the day, but they HAVE to find it for themselves. THIS IS ART.


For the record, just in case people DO start to realise the significance of what happened last night, '@MorrisseysWorld'  followers currently stand at  8339.

And WHERE does it go from here?

*Goes off singing* Trouble loves me, trouble needs me, two things more than you do.



11 comments:

  1. it was an amazing gig Rat!!
    I loved 'let me kiss you - affected me like manchester even though
    I was stuck in a seat. took lots of pics of n.y. moz fans!!
    I love how moz always asks kyle's name and age like it's the first time
    he's seen him!!

    the blue rose ... I love how some people will still not believe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging. Moz said in chat you'll be writing furiously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really does feel like a dream come true. I feel compelled to repeat your question, 'Where does it go from here' because that's what we're all wondering. We certainly hope this doesn't all fade away soon.

    To top off the excitement of today, some of us had the pleasure of chatting with Our Mozzer in the MW chat room. I missed some of the beginning of the conversation & wasn't able to take notes, but will briefly mention a few main points. He encouraged us to make comments on Solow about blue rose at Radio City since they're trying to ignore it. He said his albums were meant to confuse people and he didn't do a good enough job with that, but he considers the MW blog to be one of his finest works because it has successfully confused many. He mentioned that a good portion of his book will be about the MW experience (I can't wait to read it!).

    Lastly, since you mentioned retirement, Rats, I'll mention that he said something about his life not being his own and that retirement will help that. As much as we hate to think about it, retirement is evidently something he's thinking about. As I said, I didn't take notes, so if I've reported something incorrectly or left out something important, please leave a comment. Always a pleasure and privilege to chat with Our Mozzer, as has been the entire MW experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoa! I apparently have missed reading this comment. Thank you for the report, heather! It must be a beautiful experience having conversation in the chat room with him. I wish I could join sometime. And even, I'll be willing to stay quiet if this dreadful english of mine annoys everyone

      Delete
  4. He also mentioned that his blog was only read And/or appreciated by 30 people oR so but that it was ok. I said it had helped me through some dark moments over the past user and he was thrilled. He also said that if it just helped one person to feel better it has been worth it (or something like that).

    It was once again a privilege to have Our Mozzer in the chat room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about spelling. Rubbish auto spell check! Grr...

      Delete
  5. I posted a comment on solow last night which appeared and then five minutes later was gone. Hmmm. I don't want to be paranoid about it is Biker's comment is still there so perhaps an IT glitch.

    Moz in chat was in somewhat subdued form. I felt, but chatty enough. He called Manc "one of our favourites - a rum character", which amused me.

    Terrific photos Rat- especially the boot sale and the pigeon lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too LOVE the boot sale one. Not only does it look like Moz, but I laughed out loud when I read his interview about selling cds out the back of a van, I feel there is a great parody story there. Picture the scene, it's all gone horribly wrong for Mozzer, but he refuses to give up the ghost, he's flogging his cds from the back of a van (or vintage rolls royce, I'm not sure which yet), and he STILL flanks himself with minders even though NOBODY knows who he is. Can somebody please remind me about this on a cold, wet thursday in January? Thank you. Dismissed.

      Delete
  6. Kyle is a very special kid! I'm agree with you about the concert, watched almost all on you tube and it was fantastic! Thank you Rat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Desperate times - he appears to be selling some of Gaynor's old dresses, assorted glasses, vases etc, clearly purloined from dressing rooms in lesiure centres all over the country.

    Looks like Mam has lost some of the pictures from her lounge, lots of ladies hats.

    The CDs must have cleared early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear friends as Im on my train to NYC with my blue rose I'm thinking of many possible ways to camouflage my rose from security. As Manclad mentioned its no easy... I will keep you all posted an this time I promise more Videos... God knows if I will ever see him again after tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive