Total Pageviews

Friday, 12 October 2012

Day 394 - "Over To You, Morrissey"

I missed out on quite a lot of yesterday's excitement in The Twitterdilly Arms, and more over, I missed Morrissey's visit to the MorrisseysWorld chat room.

The reason I missed out on yesterday's buzz, was because I spent the morning watching as much footage from Radio City Music Hall as I could, and then, having made a start on my blog, I had to go off to 'Dodgy Hearts Anonymous', an exercise club for those who have recently undergone heart surgery. The nurse asked if I'd had any problems during the week, but I thought it best not to mention that my only scare was when 'Loughton Lil' crept up behind me in The Twitterdilly Arms during the chart rundown on tuesday! The nurse might have thought my brain was as f***ed as my heart, which actually, is probably true.


LOUGHTON LIL BEHIND THE BAR OF THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS ON TUESDAY WITH ROMINA AND CHIO. LIZZY PROPS THE BAR


After 'DHA', I then had to rush straight to watch one of my children play hockey, and by the time I'd got home, had a family meal, and finished writing my blog, it was nearly 10pm. It's hard work living in the real world, but now I am back to the comfort of the shell.

Today, all seems much quieter in The Twitterdilly Arms, and I sense the feeling of  'what now?' among the regulars. The answer MAY be about to be revealed. At 5.30pm (New York time) yesterday, Morrissey placed the following comment on the MW blog:

"What does blue rose mean? You will see."

This has been followed up with an MW tweet this morning at 3.15am NY time, which said:

"Blue Rose fulfilled BUT what does it all mean? Over to you, Morrissey."

Could it be that Morrissey will now start WEARING a BLUE ROSE, just as Wilde wore his GREEN CARNATION? Morrissey now has the perfect excuse to turn up on stage this evening wearing a blue rose, with Rosy Mires offering the excuse that it's Morrissey's 'thank you', to young Kyle's kind gesture! Morrissey could then continue to wear a BLUE ROSE at EVERY concert, with Mires and her Solow friends explaining that it is purely because Morrissey 'likes it', thus dismissing the MorrisseysWorld connection as yet ANOTHER coincidence, or maybe conceding once again that Morrissey is 'just playing along'. It's BRILLIANT, the whole thing is BRILLIANT. Morrissey can now even wear the Bieber t-shirt if he so desires, they won't believe ANY of it, they don't WANT to believe, they are sleeping....or am I sleeping? Is this all a dream?


WILL THE GREEN CARNATION NOW BE REPLACED BY THE BLUE ROSE? '00'


Also on the twitter front, MW yesterday posted the following:

"@mozkidkyle He is the hero of the BlueRoseSociety."

I don't think ANY of us dispute THAT. We are all so proud of Kyle, he has restored the faith of many people these last few days. Even Billboard have given him a write up, and mentioned the BLUE ROSE (see here: http://www.billboard.com/events/morrissey-goes-shirtless-inspires-rowdiness-1007978762.story#/events/morrissey-goes-shirtless-inspires-rowdiness-1007978762.story)


MORRISSEY WITH KYLE'S BLUE ROSE IN NYC TWO DAYS AGO

Other MW tweets from yesterday:

"THEY said I'd never take my shirt off at London. I did. THEY said I'd never accept red and white roses. I did. THEY said I'd never do '00'. I did. THEY said I'd never spell it mesmerizing. I did. THEY said - OK but he'll NEVER wear a blue rose. I did. BlueRoseSociety."

"BlueRose is fulfilled and....nothing happens and nobody notices. BECAUSE WE MUST. BlueRoseSociety."

The above tweets are NOT parody Moz, they are REAL Moz. Incidentally, '@MorrisseysWorld'  follower numbers have DROPPED to 8336. If you are reading this blog entry in January 2014, having just read Morrissey's autobiography, I promise you, I am NOT making this up!


MORRISSEY'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY

And on the subject of Morrissey books, it has occurred to me that I HAVE to outlive Morrissey, as otherwise I will never get the chance to read his diaries, which I am presuming, he will only allow to be published posthumously. Morrissey is six years older than me, but I have a dodgy ticker. My only other option is to sneak into his room, but as I don't even know what COUNTRY he lives in, let alone which town or street, the sneaking option seems flawed before I even began (see what I did there?).

Embedded image permalink
SNEAK IN FOR A READ....IF YOU CAN FIND THE ROOM


Smiths drummer, Mike Joyce (@ReadilyReplaceableLawnMowerPart ), has been busy tweeting today, and his tweets prove that he must still read everything about Morrissey, as he has responded to Morrissey's interview with Village Voice. Joyce's opening tweet of the day read:

"Apparently Mozzer reckons me, Andy & Johnny never liked his lyrics. Yeah, I always thought he was the weak link in the band..."

He quickly followed this up with another tweet, just in case anybody thought he was being serious. He tweeted:

"Talking of Moz. The best performance from any frontman ever? I believe this is it. Staggering. (link to YouTube performance of 'William' by the Smiths, live in Madrid in 1985)."


MORRISSEY MADRID 1985 - "BEST PERFORMANCE EVER"


I tweeted Joyce saying:

"I agree Moz was brilliant back in the eighties, but his voice TWO DAYS AGO in New York was BETTER", and I posted a link of Morrissey singing 'I Know It's Over'.


It is obvious that Joyce still adores Morrissey, but those of you who have been reading my blog from the start, will remember that I suggested to Joyce back on 'Day 43', that in my opinion, the ONLY chance of him EVER playing with Morrissey again, would be if he publicly apologised for taking Morrissey to court. Joyce's full response can be read in the comments section of 'Day 43' of my blog, or in my 'Day 46' entry, where I write about it further.

Joyce at the time said that he DID have "regret" and "was sorry" that they had all had to go through the process, but he also said that he was "NOT wrong" for doing it. I wonder if, ANOTHER year on, and with a Smiths reunion as distant as ever, Joyce STILL believes he wasn't wrong, or can he now see that with yet another year's hindsight, he would have been better off NOT suing Morrissey, but biding his time, and waiting for the right moment for the Smiths to reform? I shall post this blog entry to Joyce's twitter feed, and see if Joyce would care to let us know in the comments section below.

MIKE JOYCE ON HIS WAY TO COURT IN '96 - SORROW YET?


And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, my old mate 'Loughton Lil' said to me on twitter a couple of weeks ago, that he would be interested to see my blog audience figures once the US tour started. Since the very start of my blog, my core audience has ALWAYS been from the UK, but for some unbeknown reason, I am currently getting more views from the USA. Could it be that Heather has been re-reading the WHOLE of my blog, or is there another explanation? I'm sure it's just a coincidence, most things ARE around here.

FOLLOWING THE MOZZIAH - WEEKLY AUDIENCE, WEEK ENDING OCT 12TH


Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
1062
United Kingdom
845
Italy
182
Japan
171
Germany
110
Brazil
56
Indonesia
47
Peru
30
Russia
28
Argentina
26




Foot note: For anyone else, who missed Mozzer's visit to the chat room yesterday, there are some notes in the comments section of yesterday's blog entry.


23 comments:

  1. I think the audience figures speak for themselves - I can assure you that I haven't been reading the blog any more than usual! It's fascinating to see how many pageviews there are from all over the world. These are certainly exciting times. I hope your recovery is going well, Rats, and all this excitement isn't too much for your ratty ticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely written as ever, Rat! I agree that it doesn't really matter any more if The Real Moz from now on wears a t-shirt of Justin Bieber dragged up with a pink wig and holding a log while eating a blue rose. He might even sing Trouble Loves Me tonight, the only result will be that MW loses a few more followers. Strange world indeed.

    And now I shall rush off to read yesterday's comments, because I briefly recall that I was also in the chat while Moz59 was there, but I was drunk like three manclads and don't remember a thing. Should I have talked rubbish, please nobody tell me about it, thanks you're very kind. Oh the headache.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 47 pageviews only?! I should have spent more time for fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see that he's back to wearing flowers out the back pocket.

    ReplyDelete

  5. I also missed Our Moz in the chat room as I was on my way to France for a brief trip.
    I was quite gutted when I returned to find that I had missed his latest
    visit but glad for the lucky ones who were in attendance.

    Thank you for including the Twitterdilly photo with the back of me in it, although
    my hair was a total mess that day !

    Keep blogging ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?

    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    Also visit my weblog: Converse Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.

    I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site.

    Look at my web-site :: abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my blog so i came to
    return the prefer?.I am trying to in finding issues to improve my website!

    I suppose its good enough to make use of a few of your
    concepts!!

    my blog ... Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's definately a lot to learn about this topic. I really like all of the points you've made.


    Also visit my site; Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for
    a weblog web site? The account aided me a applicable deal.
    I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided brilliant clear concept

    my web page; Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you need to write
    more on this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but
    generally people don't discuss these subjects. To the next! Cheers!!

    Visit my web site; cheap jerseys3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website unintentionally, and
    I am shocked why this coincidence did not happened in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

    my web page - Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and tell you I really enjoy reading your articles. Can you recommend
    any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
    Thanks a ton!

    Here is my homepage ... Evgeni Malkin Authentic Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire
    actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access
    consistently quickly.

    Also visit my page - Abercrombie Et Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, You've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this site.



    Feel free to visit my webpage - Learn More Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this blog on regular basis to obtain updated from most recent news update.

    Here is my blog post: Clicking Here

    ReplyDelete
  17. My brother suggested I may like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You cann't believe simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

    my weblog ... Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy on the eyes
    which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Superb work!

    Also visit my homepage: Louis Vuitton Bags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  19. At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, later than having my breakfast coming again to read other news.



    my blog - web site

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting
    for your further post thank you once again.

    Feel free to visit my blog Read More

    ReplyDelete
  21. At this time I am going away to do my breakfast,
    when having my breakfast coming again to read more news.

    Feel free to surf to my page: Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  22. Terrific article! That is the kind of info that should be shared around the web.

    Shame on Google for now not positioning this publish upper!

    Come on over and consult with my web site . Thank you =)

    Also visit my blog post: Nike Air Jordan []

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

    Here is my web site Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive