Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Day 405 - Man Flu Over The Cuckoo Nest

I am in bed with man flu, and every time I sneeze, my whole body throbs with pain, but today is chart day, so like the true pro that I am, I bravely soldiered on through the pain, and delivered a mesmerizing chart countdown to a lively throng in The Twitterdilly Arms.


DESPITE BEING BEDRIDDEN, I DELIVERED



As Morrissey spends time with his mother, the Solow scum have been out in force, and once again, NOTHING has been done by the moderators to stop the hatred and lies aimed at Morrissey and his family. If Tseng, Skinny et al REALLY loved Morrissey, they would NOT allow people to come onto their website and spout whatever shit they wanted. WHY would any genuine Morrissey fan WANT to be hostile towards him, and WHY, if you were in charge of the website, would you allow it to happen? Here are some of the goodwill messages on Solow yesterday:

Skylarker: "Give her some bread."

Luke Action McClure: "FuckingLOL."

bluemask68: "Let's make a list---throat, sniffles, bad back, lightening, ear ache, bum knee, hives, sniffles, meat being served, bottle to head, sniffles, and now his sick mother."

JMM: I heard his Mother is not really that ill - not enough to warrant a return to England."

There are plenty more anonymous ones too. The Solow moderators should be ashamed of themselves, the place just gets worse and worse.




Yesterday evening on twitter, Rosy Mires and Kevin Stoba (@menippus) turned up to ridicule anybody and everybody who believe that '@SocietyRose' and '@MozzerieGuts' are Morrissey.

Rosy started it off by tweeting: '@MozzerieGuts @SocietyRose Why do the 'both' of you 'allow' people to believe you are Morrissey? Tweeting nonsense while his dear mum is ill?"

I pointed out that '@SocietyRose' last tweeted at 7pm East Coast time, and '@MozzerieGuts' at 11pm, so there is NO evidence to suggest that Morrissey had EVEN received the news about his mother at that stage, but Rosy thought that was irrelevant.

I pointed out to Menippus that I thought that '@SocietyRose' was perhaps 'the softer side' of Morrissey, to which Menippus replied: "If soft side = unfunny, unironic, poorly written pedestrian side, then yes, who knows."

Rosy Mires tweeted: "Cheap imposter of the imposter!" She then added: "This is madness!"

Menippus chipped back in with: "Seems like the 'parody' is collapsing into people's fantasies about having Moz as their best friend."

ROSY MIRES - HATES SOCIETY ROSE BUT LIKES UNCLE SKINNY



KEVIN 'MENIPPUS' STOBA - 'KNOWS' SOCIETY ROSE ISN'T MOZ


So what makes me believe that these two twitter accounts might be Morrissey? I have to say, I was rather sceptical about 'Mozzerie-Guts' being TRM (The Real Morrissey), mainly because he/she accused me of making up my interview with Morrissey in May, but in recent weeks I have become more open minded to MozzerieGuts being real, although I am still not 100% convinced.

I am MORE convinced that '@SocietyRose' is TRM, mainly because of a number of tweets over the weekend. On Friday he tweeted this 'limerick' to '@girlwithout': "I once saw a girl without, with bosoms sturdy and stout. The wind would blow, and the nipples would grow, to points that could put an eye out." This would of course have had Rosy Mires screaming "MORRISSEY WOULD NEVER", if she had seen it, but actually, to me, it's seaside humour is proof that it IS him. An imposter would go out of their way to try and be more Morrisseyesque, where as this appears to me, to be TRM being himself!

Also on Friday, there was then a conversation about Morrissey's cut hand. Lizzy Cat asked 'SocietyRose' if he'd had a tetanus jab-

SOCIETYROSE: "The shot doesn't expire for 10 years and it's only been 1 year since the infamous dog bite."


SOCIETYROSE: "The dog wasn't the first thing to offend with it's mouth. Remember the cheetah print invasion."

LIZZY: "You have lost me now I am afraid. Please explain!"

SOCIETYROSE then posted this picture:



COULD YOU EVEN BEAR TO KISS HER FULL ON THE MOUTH?


The photo was taken in LA in 2006, but how many people would have remembered it, or indeed the cheetah print? The whole experience obviously had a harrowing effect on Our Mozzer! I have found another photo from that incident:


"GEROFF ME"


I am SURE that woman is Jessie Wallace, the actress from Eastenders!


JESSIE WALLACE - SECRET MOZ FAN?



SocietyRose also tweeted this on Friday: "One only has so many digits. If each is wearing lingerie, then where oh where will the oversized rings sit?" That SAME EVENING, for the first time in a very long time, Morrissey DIDN'T wear his 'oversized rings' on stage. No doubt just a coincidence, but interesting all the same.


THE ENGLEWOOD RING - MISSING ON FRIDAY IN NIAGARA FALLS

When SocietyRose decided to log off from twitter on Friday, he tweeted: "I'm afraid I need to go now. Good day and goodbye for the time being." I jokingly tweeted: "@SocietyRose Definitely NOT Our Mozzer, he NEVER said goodbye, he just buggered off!"

The following day, on SocietyRose's return, he tweeted this to me: "you're incorrect", followed by this:


Embedded image permalink
A 'GOODNIGHT' TWEET FROM @MORRISSEYSWORLD

Now, HOW would SocietyRose have had access to THAT? It was ABSOLUTE PROOF to me, that SocietyRose MUST be Our Mozzer, and therefore, by definition, is ALSO, the REAL Morrissey.

Final proof came when SocietyRose posted a link to the MorrisseysWorld chat room, but it wasn't the link that we've all used before, it was a link to the MW chatroll HOMEPAGE - See here: http://chatroll.com/morrisseysworld-chat. NOBODY but Our Mozzer could have posted this, unless of course, YOU know different?

And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, the debate about the stage backdrop picture MAY finally have been solved by Romina Ricci. She believes that the stars are Paolo Turco and Gina Lollobrigida from the 1969 film Un Bellissimo Novembre. I am STILL not convinced.

Embedded image permalink
MORRISSEY'S STAGE BACKDROP

'@EricaCalil' provided this picture:

Embedded image permalink
PAOLO TURCO ON THE RIGHT IN UN BELLISSIMO NOVEMBRE


I think Turco, who plays Nino in the film, looks too young to be the man on the backdrop, so the hunt goes on.


THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 CHART - WEEK ENDING SATURDAY OCT 20TH 

1. STILL ILL (LIVE IN NYC 2012) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)
2. MALADJUSTED (LIVE AT TERMINAL 5 NYC 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN (LIVE AT WOLVERHAMPTON CIVIC HALL 1988) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
4. I KNOW IT'S OVER (LIVE AT TERMINAL 5 NYC 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
5. ANGEL, ANGEL, DOWN WE GO TOGETHER - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
6. THESE DAYS - NICO (RE-ENTRY)
7. WILLIAM, IT WAS REALLY NOTHING - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY)
8. HEART - RITA PAVONE (NO CHANGE)
9. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (LIVE AT THE STATE THEATRE PORTLAND 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
10. LIFE IS A PIGSTY (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)



NO.10 IN THE CHART - MORRISSEY AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007 - IS THAT JESSIE WALLACE AGAIN, BEING RESTRAINED BY JOSE MALDONADO AKA THE MEXICAN MOZ?

41 comments:

  1. Fantastic blog today rat! Shame your not feeling well take plenty of rest and liquids and soup. gotta love soup when your sick. Thank you for addressing this issue I honestly think Rosy is a nice person but yesterday I was in no mood for her negativity do I made her dissappear from my timeline. I think the mystery gets better with time I'm giddy!
    -JJ
    ps. are you going to Las Vegas? or its not in the cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made her disappear from my timeline too. Twitter is great like that!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to disturb .... Not negativity, I work for Morrissey. He pays me to challenge fake Morrisseys on Twitter. I have a cape and everything. #Fact

      Delete
    3. Hi. Do you really work for Morrissey, Rosy?

      Jo

      Delete
    4. Dear Rosy,
      You are the yin.
      Rat is the yang.
      and I continue to be unaffected.
      -JJ

      Delete
  2. exactly Rat ... it would be be bad enough if a random person said it
    (still be unfathomable - why someone would feel the need to say such things)
    but a fan? it maddens me that I have moz in common with these people
    - because I (we) am (are) nothing like them.

    day nurse/night nurse Rat.
    best thing I've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree - on the occasions when I have (for whatever reason) visited the So-Low site, it just fills me with anger and upset. Even worse considering that the likes of Skylarker have been commenting on the thread about Morrissey's mum's illness, amongst some of the other supportive messages. So unnecessary.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for writing today, Rats, despite feeling terrible. I agree with all your comments and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think SocietyRose (not to be confused with SocialRose) might have googled "morrisseysworld chat"? I know it's a long shot ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Rosy, you can just google it!!! How did the social rose person send that Morrissey's world tweet about I love you goodbye though? I've tried googling but it doesn't work.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. A screencap tool might be the easiest way.

      Delete
  5. I believe the Cheetah incident actually happended in Atlantic City... Poor Moz, you're not going to a gig to do such things to him, you're supposed to CUDDLE him!!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Get well soon Rats and thank you for blogging even though you are under-par.
    Due to work I am usually unable to attend the chart rundown, sorry to miss it.

    So-Low are just the pits and how most of the people who post on there can call
    themselves admirers of Moz just baffles me. Such negativity and venom. I can't
    bring myself to look at it today if they are being vile about Morrissey and his
    poorly Mum. Disgusting.

    I appreciate your comments about Mozzerie and BlueRose and agree with what you
    have said.
    IF they are hoax accounts what would anyone gain by conning Morrissey followers ?

    Love the photos of the ' attack of the leopard woman ! '

    BTW I don't think that the backdrop is of Gina Lollobrigida or that Paolo Turco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when you thought So-low could not stoop even lower......

    I actually felt rather upset by the twitter episode yesterday.

    I hope you get better soon fluffy one & thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some (most?) of the MorrisseysWorld material is very funny. The blog has always captured a brilliant parody version of Moz's "apparently" inflated ego -- and, on Twitter, it's been a great satire of the way Moz appears to interact with outside world (cutting dull but ultimately harmless celebrities into pieces, repeating his own witticisms endlessly, demanding and rejecting attention at the same time, and so on). I've found lots of this hilarious, and I love tweeting with MW: whoever writes those tweets has a rare charm.

    I also appreciate the charms of Rat's blog, all the Blue Rose things, and looking for signs. The levels of fantasy and comedy obviously vary between all of the regulars, from full out "It's-got-to-be-Moz-because-it-just-is" believers, to the people who enjoy scepticism (Rosy), to the people who just enjoy the creativity of the whole affair from most perspectives (me) and everyone in between.

    And yet... the Mozzerie-Guts stuff has a totally different scent. It feels like tackily manufactured bait -- designed to get a bit of attention from those who are (for whatever reason) actually INTERESTED in what Morrissey has for breakfast on tour, or what he might wear on his finger next week. To get this attention -- then lure it out further and mock it. It feels like a cheap and unfunny attempt to troll you all. MorrisseysWorld, meanwhile, feels like luxury trolling. Where MG feels disingenuous, vacuous and dull, MW feels hyper-aware, careful and funny.

    Why am I bothering to spoil that for those who are enjoying it?

    Well, 1) You're being mocked, and not at all lovingly, and 2) It's starting to seep into the way you all treat MorrisseysWorld too, as you all think your relationships with MW have "developed" -- and that's tainting and restricting how funny it can be.

    Our Mozzer take note: it's sharper when you're in your dressing room. Stop lingering around the stage door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all due respect, I object to the fact that people presume to know what I am thinking and trying to tell me what I can and can't do. Isn't that also the one point that Our Mozzer has always made? Rosy tweeted last night that the reason all of this bothered her so much was because she loves Morrissey and that it is an insult to his intelligence. If she really loves Morrissey so much, how can she be mates with Uncle Skinny? That is what I call an insult to Moz!

      Delete
    2. "...trying to tell me what I can and can't do..." -- nobody's trying to stop anybody from doing anything... I just think this subject needs addressing in our peculiar little community. What used to feel like a weird art project now feels like a fan convention. And anyone with a quiff is getting stopped for autographs/hugs/long meaningful conversations.

      ...And that's fine! Or maybe that's not happening, maybe I'm presuming again and being awfully rude. But I just want us to remember that it's primarily a "parody" experience (regardless of whoever is writing it). Some recent activity suggests that people believe it's transcended parody -- which is quite a delicate state -- and it seems to me (and Rosy, and probably a few others) that Mozzerie-Guts is taking advantage of that delicacy in a disappointingly unsophisticated way.

      And of course... you're ALL FREE TO FEEL (it's official) that MW has transcended parody if you wish, or that Mozzerie-Guts is one of the world's great wits. But I'm also free to say that it seems like Mozzerie-Guts is taking the piss out of you, and you all seem like nice people. Our Mozzer is taking the piss out of us all too, of course, but he's syphoning it through more complex tubes and storing it in a prettier jug.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. MW's satire of Morrissey's dislike of Solo was one of its strongest parodies.

      Delete
    5. @Menippus: The only question I would like to raise with respect to your argument is if MG is really worth getting so worked up over. Other than that, the balanced, yet opinionated views you put forth in those two comments are very much appreciated. Respect and thank you.
      @Hector_Lector

      Delete
  9. "I pointed out that '@SocietyRose' last tweeted at 7pm East Coast time, and '@MozzerieGuts' at 11pm, so there is NO evidence to suggest that Morrissey had EVEN received the news about his mother at that stage, but Rosy thought that was irrelevant." The only thing I really see wrong with this comment in the defense of nobody at all is that Morrissey's personal life is his own. Someone mentioned they saw him at the airport in the evening.You cannot make assumptions based on a man who is a private person. Perhaps his mum has been ill for some time? He probably knows more about the situation than he would tell other people about. You have to stop making assumptions.Additionally, please do not shut out other fans because of a collective. They love him as well.In my honest opinion I think there must be something very wrong if he interrupted the middle of his tour for this. You never know, maybe she was ill prior.None of us knows. If he was traveling home on that night then one has to wonder about the tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By Our Ratter's logic, @SocietyRose doesn't seem like Morrissey, so it might be Morrissey, because Morrissey wouldn't bother pretending to seem like Morrissey.

      1) Mozzerie-Guts is OBVIOUSLY (and poorly) pretending to seem like Morrissey.

      2) I'm not pretending to seem like Morrissey. Does that mean I'm him? Actually, doesn't it mean everybody might be him? Everybody except possibly... Morrissey himself?

      Delete
    2. I hope you are feeling better soon, rest and fluids are the best treatment. I agree with most of what you posted, and feel if they are not Moz they seemed to know a lot about him so they could possibly be close to him. As for using the time table for him not posting because his mother was ill, it could be as you stated or it could be he was doing it to take his mind off of it. I have sat through many hospital vigils(I have another one Nov 2) and can say the worry you may have can be crushing, esp if you are not nearby. Imagine the worry he might have been feeling most likely alone, waiting for the plane, in the plane or later, at the hospital. It's the waiting that gets to you and you imagine the worse, which does sometimes happen. Everyone handles it differently, my mother would pretend it wasn't happening, a daughter cried and got too fearful to even visit the person, while most of my family ease the fear with very black humor mixed with reminiscing, still others pray and make deals with God. Recently, where we would have been on a phone in the past, they now text and tweet. Mr Rat, as you know from recent experience, you can worry over even a routine medical experience. It's his mother and even a minor problem might be affected by her age. I do hope he does not read solo as many who post there are being mean spirited. And hope he is aware the#BlueRoseSociety is there if he or his family needs strength from us or prayers And to remember he is where he belongs, with his mother, who needs him right now. As he needs to be with her for assurance she'll be all right.

      Delete
    3. That was really beautifully put!

      Delete
    4. I also think that if BR and MG are impostor accounts, wouldn't they be rather embarrassed to have been 'caught out' and closed the accounts down? Just a thought...

      Delete
    5. A thoughtful post Fancy, thank you. I agree with you, trauma hits us all in different ways.
      My job often involves supporting people through trauma, it can be expressed in so many forms. As humans we do what need to do to pull us through.

      We are all unique.Whilst some of us have differing views over this I am confident we are all united in our love & best wishes for Morrissey & mum.

      Delete
  10. Columbus did not happen as prompted by some unruly boys who will not grow up; sometimes things happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't and that is somehow consoling. This may mean that whatever happened was not completely urforeseen and that would be a good sign. I just dearly hope they are both doing fine.

      - Regi

      Delete
    2. Of course I meant 'No, IT didn't (instead of: I didn't).
      But anyway, Columbus did NOT happen and that IS the point!

      - Regi

      Delete
  11. Hi Rat, hoping you feeling better today, anyway take all the rest that you need! What can I say about so-low? That site will never change, it is in a cul de sac and got no exit, David Tze Tze prefer to allow nasty comments, in the name of the freedom to stalking, just for having two or three visits more than usual....Or maybe is the same Tze Tze who writes the nasty comments? I can't say something about Society Rose because truly I don't know much about that account and, anyway, I truly missing MorrisseysWorld. Of course I prefer funny and clever parody accounts about Morrissey than a verified account by One direction, always in Italy trends...Apparently no news about Morrissey's mum and I truly hoping for, as we say in Italy, no news=good news! Take care Piero il topo!

    ReplyDelete

  12. I just wanted to say that I totally agree
    with the comments from both Fancy123 and EARS.

    You have both written lovely words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who is MorrisseysWorld?
    This is like a parallel universe where some tweeters are now being judged on whether they are MorrisseysWorldesque enough. If they fail to fit into your vision of ‘MorrisseysWorld’ then they are fake, imposters; how very dare they.
    M1959 told chatters that he was twitterer PaulYoungMozFan. Anyone who saw PaulYoungMozFan would have said that this character was far removed from MorrisseysWorld. And yet…… there he was.
    Fruit gum anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe M1959 also confessed to the chatters, that BrokenMorrissey was also him; ie the author of those "horrible troll posts" that Rosy Mires refers to above. Not one single person worked out that Broken was Morrissey, so don't let anybody tell you who is who and who isn't who. Find out for yourselves.

      Anon

      Delete
    2. Well said, Girlwithout and Anon. I would like to thank the two of you, as well as Fancy and EARS, for writing comments that I would've written if my busy schedule hadn't prevented me from doing so. I don't feel that any of us are in a position to judge that which we do not know or who our fellow tweeters choose to tweet with. All I do know is that I find the Mozzerie and BlueRose accounts very enjoyable to tweet with, no matter who they are. Perhaps we should be focusing our thoughts on Ms Dwyer and her family during this difficult time rather than allowing other issues to distract us.

      Delete
    3. If I've implied that being un-Morrisseysworldesque is an especially bad thing, it's only because it's stopping the parody, which I enjoy. If MW is behind Mozzerie-Guts, then it's a much tackier venture than the rest.

      It's as if a bunch of student actors hired as extras have started improvising "imagine you're a politician, how do you feel?" scenes in the background of the Thick of It.

      Delete
  14. As a child, I met poetry in the words of the Portuguese poet Fernado Pessoa (1888 – 1935). Maybe that is why the idea of MorrisseysWorld, Mozzerie-Guts and BlueRose being the same person sounds so conceivable and even familiar to me:

    Fernando Pessoa on the heteronyms:
    “How do I write in the name of these three? Caeiro, through sheer and unexpected inspiration, without knowing or even suspecting that I’m going to write in his name. Ricardo Reis, after an abstract meditation, which suddenly takes concrete shape in an ode. Campos, when I feel a sudden impulse to write and don’t know what. (My semi-heteronym Bernardo Soares, who in many ways resembles Álvaro de Campos, always appears when I'm sleepy or drowsy, so that my qualities of inhibition and rational thought are suspended; his prose is an endless reverie. He’s a semi-heteronym because his personality, although not my own, doesn’t differ from my own but is a mere mutilation of it. He’s me without my rationalism and emotions.” Fernando Pessoa, "Letter to Adolfo Casais Monteiro"

    In addition to that, I can trace some parallels of my own; mostly based on answers (or re-tweets) the ‘three of them’ gave me here and there.

    Of course there is still the question of this person being Morrissey himself or not.
    Both Mozzerie-Guts and BlueRose are aware that I (and most of the people interacting to ‘them’) believe them to be Morrissey. So that leaves me with 3 options:

    1. The person behind the three accounts is Morrissey;
    2. The person behind the three accounts believes to be Morrissey (yes, it would mean this person is somehow… insane);
    3. The person behind the three accounts pretends to be Morrissey and is having fun manipulating the feelings of people talking to him/her.

    Even though I cannot be sure of it, I DO believe it is Morrissey. And if it is not the case, I can still perfectly live with the two other options; even with the third one. Should that be the case, through this person, I can still voice my gratitude to the artist whose work I simply love.

    … that’s my life to wreck my own way.

    -Regi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points, Regi. The fact that Morrissey named Pessoa's 'Book of Disquiet' as his current favorite book in a 2004 interview (Les Inrockuptibles) certainly suggests that he would be very familiar with the concept of heteronyms and therefore might even be inclined to utilize them himself. As indicated by the Pessoa quote above, each heteronym has its own personality, which enables one person to write in multiple distinct voices.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Heather! Honestly, I wasn't aware that Morrissey even knew Fernando Pessoa (is this TOO shameful of me?), but I'm very happy to hear that this is the case. I will go and look for that interview now. Thanks again!

      - Regi

      Delete
    3. It's not shameful at all, I doubt that it's widely known. Rat wrote about it in his Day 209 blog entry (10th April), for those who might have missed it.

      Delete
    4. From Pessoa's 'Book of Disquiet:' "Each of us is several, is many, is a profusion of selves... In the vast colony of our being are many species of people who think and feel in different ways."

      Delete

Mozziah Archive