Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Day 412 - And When You Look At Me, You Actually See Me

For the past week, influenced by a 'Lord of the Flies' style fallout among Morrissey fans on twitter, I have been writing the story of MorrisseysWorld, but basing it on an island inhabited just by Morrissey fans, with MorrisseysWorld renamed as 'The Parody Nights Club'. I am resting from the story today, but will probably continue it tomorrow.

The writing of the story has reminded me of many things, long since forgotten, and the evidence I keep stumbling across as I read back through my blog, has made me chuckle, as I realise just how GLARINGLY obvious it was (and still is), that Morrissey is MorrisseysWorld.

There has been NO news in the past week of TRM (The Real Morrissey), or indeed of his ill mother, Betty. The MorrisseysWorlders have all left messages of support, and Morrissey and his mum remain in everybody's thoughts.

The Twitterdilly Arms is virtually empty, NONE of us are going there at the moment, the world of Morrissey is on hold, although I did of course pop in at lunchtime today to countdown the Top 10, SOME things MUST go on (see chart below).


A few days ago, GOB posted something about the Solow place, and like a fool I felt compelled to read the article GOB was referring to, but it was so utterly vile, I pulled myself away. It would appear that the Solow place has fallen to even greater depths of depravity, and the in-house fighting makes Lord of the Flies look like a picnic in the park. It is a shame that Morrissey fans like GOB feel that they have to visit Solow, but it remains the number 1 place to receive Moz news, and without an alternative, some fans will continue to visit it. It just goes to show, if you're an addict with a habit, and you need a fix, you'll go ANYWHERE to get it. Solow is the dirty needle of the Moz world.


On Day 394 of Following The Mozziah, when Morrissey started his US tour, I posted the audience figures for my blog. It showed that I was getting more hits from the US than from anywhere else, including the UK.
My latest weekly figures show that this has reversed. It is also interesting to note that I've had a number of hits from Australia this past week.

On average, my blog receives approximately 400 hits a day. It is difficult to know how many of these hits are from the same people reading different pages, but I would think I have a regular daily readership of approximately 60 people. When the MorrisseysWorld blog was up and running, it would receive between 600-800 hits a day, so I would guess, it had a regular daily readership of about 100 people.

If you are looking for some kind of understanding as to WHY MorrisseysWorld hasn't gone viral, and WHY hardly anybody takes roses to concerts, it is because only 100 of Morrissey's hundreds of thousands of fans, are aware of it. Morrissey ADVERTISED MorrisseysWorld THREE times on True To You, but his fans misread the adverts, except for a few, who when they looked at him, they actually saw him.

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United Kingdom
1053
United States
845
Germany
189
Japan
112
Australia
98
Indonesia
64
France
63
Italy
56
Peru
45
Israel
25



 THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 CHART - WEEK ENDING SATURDAY OCT 27TH


1. ALL THE LAZY DYKES - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
2. SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN (LIVE AT RAPIDS THEATRE NIAGARA FALLS 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
3. SING YOUR LIFE (LIVE ON THE TONIGHT SHOW 1991) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
4. ENSEMBLES - COUER DE PIRATE (NEW ENTRY)
5. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (LIVE AT RAPIDS THEATRE 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
6. LET ME KISS YOU (LIVE AT RAPIDS THEATRE 2012) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
7. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
8. HEART - RITA PAVONE (NO CHANGE)
9. NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
10. LIFE IS A PIGSTY (LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 2007) - MORRISSEY (NO CHANGE)

THE PALMS, SCENE OF MUCH CROSS ARMED ACTIVITY AND HOME TO THIS WEEK'S NUMBER 1






6 comments:

  1. Dear Rat, sadly every Morrisey's fan knows Solow, david Tze Tze created that site like a cul de sac and the only escape is avoid it! It's not a question about freedom and opinions, Tze Tze knows that allowing rude comments ther'll be more visits and a rude comment is followed by a nasty comment and so it goes on!It's the logic of a tablois, a lot of garbage and some news! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only went there because people on twitter were so outraged by the comments that I felt compelled to see the depravity with my own eyes. Interesting comments by someone called 'I hate solo' though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two outstanding lines here: "When they looked at him, they actually saw him." "Solow is the dirty needle of the Moz world." Solow has indeed plunged to an all-time low of depravity and I desperately wish there was a viable alternative for Moz news. I'm also hoping that no news is good news regarding Betty's condition, which continues to be foremost in our thoughts at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what I find astounding is that if the blue rose/mw
    was done by someone like muse/radiohead it would go
    viral within hours and have multiple conspiracy
    theories/believers in the same amount of time.
    so why should it be any different for morrissey?
    - why do so many m fans just out and out refuse
    to believe moz *could* be behind it. baffling.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Posted on So-Low today @ 10.49am by Heapy.

    " Huge Morrissey and Smiths fan from Manchester UK and couldn't believe it when he walked into the gym last night in Altrincham Cheshire UK to play badminton on the court next to us, amazing!!
    Seen several performances in the UK and last November in Vegas, brilliant performance."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great number one this week rats, another underrated Moz song.

    On the rare occasions I visit Solow it reminds me how grateful I am to have found MW blog, & of course this blog too!
    Romina is spot on - negativity breeds negativity.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive