Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Day 427 - Our Mozzer's Parody Gallery

If I were still continuing the story 'Lord of the Whys', the current chapter would be describing how Our Mozzer's 'Parody Nights' club, has now been converted into an art gallery. Instead of having just pictures on display, this gallery also has a large number of written 'Parody Pieces'.

It is perhaps the world's first 'Parody Gallery'. Nothing new has been added since it's re-opening, but this morning I have been enjoying a trip around the gallery, reacquainting myself with forgotten masterpieces. A visitor counter in the reception hall, shows me that 'Our Mozzer's Parody Gallery' (as it is now called on Black Cloud Island) has had 322,117 visitors since opening it's doors in December 2009. God only knows how many of those visits are mine, but it's a fair few!

'OUR MOZZER'S PARODY GALLERY' - NOTE THE MASONIC SIGNAT THE TOP

'Our Mozzer's Parody Gallery' doesn't have the 'serious' musings of 'Our Mozzer' on display, it is purely the parody articles that he has written over the past two years, plus a number of pictures, which include; Boy George, Fans in Hawaii, Jaz's Blue Rose, Amy Lame's Unhappy Birthday, Marcus The Greek, Rose Man From Japan, Drag Boz, Oscar Wilde, The Illuminati, James Dean, David Bowie, Following The Mozziah, Bobby Britt, Morrissey and The 'O' Sign.


BOBBY BRITT - IT HAS NEVER BEEN EXPLAINED WHY HIS PICTURE IS ON THE MW BLOG. MOST OTHER PICTURE ARE IN SOME WAY RELATED TO EVENTS


There really are some brilliant pieces of parody in the gallery, and I never tire of reading them. It is still incredible to believe that the vast majority of Morrissey's fans are completely oblivious to the existence of MorrisseysWorld, but even MORE incredible to comprehend that so many 'hard core' fans have discovered it, and dismissed it, with most of them throwing ridicule at it to boot. It is hard to imagine how they will feel when the truth is revealed, if of course, it ever is! Hector Lector says he will eat Rosy Mires hat, while Rosy Mires has offered to eat a Blue Rose. I am a rat, I shall eat cheese.


So, with 'Parody Nights' having now become an art gallery, Our Mozzer has made The Twitterdilly Arms his place of residence. Yesterday afternoon I wasn't in the Twit Arms, but Our Mozzer paid a visit.


MENIPPUS THE BARMAN AND OUR MOZZER - TWIT ARMS YESTERDAY


It would appear that Our Mozzer was in a reflective mood, with his first tweet being:

"The longer one looks at life, the more it resembles death."

You have to hand it to Our Mozzer, he's got 'being Morrissey' off to a tee. I'd go as far as to say that '@MorrisseysWorld' is the best Morrissey parody on twitter, so why he only has 8,269 followers, is beyond me. Funnily enough, as I was wandering around 'Our Mozzer's Parody Gallery' this morning, I re-read the article 'My Twitter Journal 6th September - 6th October 2011', which starts with:

"6/9 Everything looks promising. A million by christmas, and 15 million by late 2012. My wit, charm and rodomontade are attracting followers by the second. I'm mesmerizing, quite frankly mesmerizing. Next stop the Sun gossip column."

It would appear that Our Mozzer's sense of self importance was a little high back in October 2011, his anticipated fifteen million followers is lacking somewhat, in fact he's got 1.7 million less followers than Katie Price, whose most interesting tweet EVER is "busy day."

PRINCESS KATIE  - 1.7 MILLION MORE FOLLOWERS THAN OUR MOZZER

The rest of Our Mozzer's tweets of yesterday followed a similar vein to the first, and included:

'If you are different, people will ruin you. If you try to be the same, you will ruin yourself."

"I'm the only fruit vendor on Oxford Street still selling in pounds and ounces." (Records and cds?)

"Somebody has to be me, so it may as well be me."

"Once one realises that art is more important than life, life suddenly becomes quite beautiful. but not for long."

"Am I your longed-for poetic uncle? A sad, crying child? A man with blue roses in his eyes?"


IS THIS OUR MOZZER, OR SHOULD I NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT IT, IN CASE THIS SAD CRYING CHILD IS DISTRESSED BECAUSE OF HUNGER, WAR OR POVERTY? PERSONALLY, I THINK HE'S UPSET BECAUSE HE CAN'T FIND A PROMO COPY OF GLAMOROUS GLUE


One of Our Mozzer's final tweets of yesterday was the old favourite:

"I am not Morrissey." We know that, you're Our Mozzer!


There has been no sign of Our Mozzer in the Twit Arms today, so I am going to head back to the Parody Gallery to have another look around. I'm sure it won't be there forever, and I'll miss it when it's gone.



Since starting the writing of this article, MW's followers have fallen by 3 to 8,266. His wit, charm and rodomontade are discouraging followers by the second, but he is mesmerizing, quite frankly mesmerizing.

15 comments:

  1. Nice blog today rats thank you for the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Mozzer carries that unlit pipe around everywhere he goes. It's a running joke. As of yesterday, he has threatened to light it (and thus flout the smoking ban) 217 times. The photo demonstrates that I still appear to find it hilarious -- but maybe I'm laughing at the surreptitious ciggy poking through my own fingers, which is actually lit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoking on duty and splashes up your sleeve are NOT what is expected of a Twit Arms bar tender. If Loughton Lil catches you, you'll be in trouble. Nice Sid James style hair though. You just don't see waves like those anymore.

      Delete
    2. Trouble tolerates me.

      Delete
  3. Hello, just with regards to the Bobby Britt reference (I know it's not much), just googled him-having no idea who he was-and went onto this website: http://www.nickelinthemachine.com/2011/01/the-dancer-bobby-britt-and-the-empire-theatre-in-leicester-square/

    It's really interesting, and speaks extensively of Oscar Wilde, which could be some sort of connection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I wrote about Bobby Britt and that 'Nickel in the Machine' article when the picture first appeared on the MW blog. Regular readers of my blog will remember it was 'Dot Dot Dot Pause' aka 'My Spirit of Nico' who first identified who the photo was of.

      My point in today's blog was that there has never been any explanation from Our Mozzer as to WHY Britt's picture was included. As far as I am aware, Bobby Britt has never claimed that MorrisseysWorld is his favourite tweeter, a la Boy George, and is not a member of the BlueRoseSociety, so why does he sit on the wall of 'Our Mozzer's Parody Gallery'?

      Delete
    2. Hey again, sorry, I didn't realise, being something of a latecomer to the whole MW thing, and not really having read back. So, yes, I do see how valid your question is...but it is all just that enigma of Morrissey, I suppose!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for writing, Rats. We're so very lucky to have the MW blog back and to be able to peruse the parody articles once again - I never tire of reading them. We were also very lucky to have MW tweeting yesterday - what a treat it is for him to be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do know it's not Morrissey don't you?

      Delete
    2. He says he's not, so it must be true ;-) Amazing though how he manages such a great Morrissey parody. One need only look at the other Moz parodies on Twitter to see how painfully they pale in comparison.

      Delete

  5. Yes thank you for continuing to blog Rats, in the absence of @NotMorrissey
    and @SocietyRose and with the loss * sniff * of @MozzerieGuts on Twitter.
    At least we have a place to visit and comment and laugh and we are so lucky
    to have the achingly funny parody articles on the MW blog to revisit.
    ( I didn't dare read them in public for fear of disgracing myself !! )

    One can believe or not that the real Morrissey is behind the Twitter accounts
    and the blog. I know what I believe to be true and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Sorry the above should read @MorrisseysWorld
    not @NotMorrissey !! ( I can't help my
    attention to detail )

    ReplyDelete

  7. I have just read the story of Bobby Britt and the Empire Theatre in
    Leicester Square, London. ( I visited this venue as a cinema many times )
    What a fascinating story and how times have changed - thank goodness.

    I can only imagine that Oscar Wilde was the connection......?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rat, always a pleasure reading your blog! About the photo of Bobby Britt I got to say that I'm following the blogger on twitter, Rob Baker, he looks as a very interesting blogger, just checked his timeline and saw a very interesting conversation about one of my favourite novel "Return to Brideshead" by Evelyn Vaugh, oh surely I mispelled the name sorry, in this is a very nice "coincidence", I discovered the author and the novel after the TV fiction, many years ago, and now Rob tweeted about this and about Downtown Abbey....Are you Rob Baker dear Rat? Cheers! The author of Return to Brideshead was one of the first tourist in Sperlonga...another coincidence! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww Mr. Rat completely is in his element again, in his world... his MorrisseysWorld! Nice read (AGAIN!!!). Thanks, Rat.

    - Regi

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive