Total Pageviews

Friday, 23 November 2012

Day 436 - That Gum You Like Is Coming Back In Style(s)

I wrote far too much yesterday, and have to realise that people just don't want to read that amount of waffle. Having said that, this blog is ultimately my diary, so although I am aware I have an audience, I am blogging my thoughts, so bollocks to that first sentence, I shall carry on regardless, which incidentally, is one of my favourite of the Carry On films.

STANLEY UNWIN IN CARRY ON REGARDLESS

Yesterday evening, I managed to go and read with Mini Rat (Earthfall by Mark Walden if you're interested), without any impromptu chart distractions from 'Our Mozzer'. That's not to say that 'NotMorrissey' didn't appear in the Twitterdilly Arms, he did, calling in at around 6 pm UK time.

I was just having a conversation with 'President Kyle's Dad' (@Bravevampire), who incidentally I am going to be meeting up with in Long Island, when Our Mozzer asked us both, "Which manufactured pop act do you recommend I wear?"

The very fact that Our Mozzer is asking us, makes me very excited to the prospect that the t-shirt MIGHT be making an appearance at the LI concert. I replied that although Bieber won the original poll on the MorrisseysWorld blog, I would prefer Mozzer to 'Buy British'.

President Kyle's Dad chipped in that, "One Direction would be the thing now, but New Kids on the block would make an impact." I then suggested combining the two, with a picture of 1D and the slogan 'New Kids on the Block', although as Harry Styles would appear to be Our Mozzer's favourite 1D member, perhaps Moz could get a t-shirt made up with this photo on it, and have the grey looking rose coloured blue, thus killing two birds with one stone!



HARRY STYLES WITH A ROSE

Our Mozzer seemed to be in fairly good spirits yesterday, and he tweeted an old favourite of his: "The purpose of life is to realise there isn't one." This prompted GOB (@GirlOnBike1102) to tweet: "You come out to 'play'. I should be doing some work", to which 'NotMorrissey' very wittingly replied: "Work is a four letter word; and I should know - the work I put into that song cost me my first career."

This was of course a reference to The Smiths allegedly breaking up because Johnny Marr hated the fact that Morrissey wanted to cover Cilla Black songs. This week we have seen Chelsea football manager Roberto Di Matteo sacked by owner Roman Abramovich, because he wanted to play Oscar instead of Torres. The similarities are there for all to see. Marr was the Roman Abramovich of the eighties pop world, he wanted to win silverware, and if you didn't play his way, then that was your lot!


JOHNNY 'ROMAN' MARR WITH HIS CHERISHED FA CUP


President Kyles' Dad then asked Our Mozzer what t-shirt he should have made up for Kyle to wear at the LI concert. Our Mozzer replied: "One word. In blue.    Throw me one too, see if I wear it." An idea must have then popped into Our Mozzer's head, because he followed up the tweet with another, saying: "White shirt; blue writing; blue rose; bring three and throw me/bring me two." NOW, this is starting to get interesting. I shall contact President Kyle's Dad and put in my order too. These shirts could be BIG.....which is the size I'll be requesting!


THE BLUEROSESOCIETY T-SHIRT STARTS TO TAKE SHAPE

There were a few Morrissey haters on twitter yesterday, with '@callycos' accusing 'NotMorrissey' of selling out. 'NotMorrissey' hit back by tweeting: "How many people do you know who would turn down £10 million after tax to reform their pop group? Integrity. I am the only Smith with it." This brought a response from '@para3133' who tweeted: "bollocks! Johnny marr has more integrity in his Gibson guitar than you have!!"

Our Mozzer hit back with: "@para3133 A quick integrity test. Would you sell your soul for £10 million? I am the only Smith that wouldn't. I'm the boy least likely to." 'Para' replied: "is that how you measure integrity by the colour of money? Now i know your not morrissey!" WHERE is the logic in that? A) Money was the issue in question, B) HOW does that make 'Our Mozzer' NOT Morrissey? and C) There is no C.



MIKE READ AND PAUL GAMBACCINI - WOULD THEY REALLY GIVE UP THEIR SATISFYING DJ CAREERS ON THE UNKNOWN BEATWOLF RADIO STATION TO REFORM THEIR OLD BAND FOR £10 MILLION, OR IS OUR MOZZER TALKING OUT OF HIS HAT?

Our Mozzer's use of the words 'pop group' had Ron Edmonds (@edronmonds) tweeting: "@MorrisseysWorld the real Moz would NEVER refer to The Smiths as a "pop" group." It would appear that Ron has come from the Rosy Mires school of 'Morrissey Would Never', where everybody seems to KNOW what Morrissey would or wouldn't do or say. The one thing that I have learned from this whole experience, is that NOBODY knows what Morrissey would do or say, least of all HIM!

'NotMorrissey' responded with: "By the way, like when they said Moz would never write 'mesmerizing,' you will see Moz call The Smiths 'a pop group' soon. Just watch-".


EIGHTIES BAND THE SMITHS - TO BE REFERRED TO AS A 'POP GROUP' IN AN INTERVIEW NEAR YOU SOON?

So there we have it, we have now been promised:
1. Morrissey to wear a manufactured pop act t-shirt
2. Morrissey to possibly wear a blue rose
3. Morrissey to say "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy"
4. Morrissey to call The Smiths a "pop group"
5. Morrissey to possibly wear a  t-shirt

This phenomenon just keeps getting better and better!

Finally, thank you to GWO (@girlwithout) for pointing out that MIkE was a character in Twin Peaks. I have STILL never watched an episode, but from all the clips I've seen, I feel I know it so well. In 'Cooper's Dream', MIkE says, "I've got good news, that gum you like is going to come back in style." Could 'Morrissey' be the 'gum' that we like, and could he be coming back in 'Styles'?

12 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your blog Rats however much you do or do not write.
    I enjoyed Moz's exchanges on Twit last night.
    He is never lost for words and always manages
    a witty and appropriate reply.
    BTW the guy with Mike Read in the photo
    is not Paul Gambaccini, however I don't recognise who they are, so I might undertake some
    detective work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, I am genuinely laughing out loud that you thought the other one was Mike Read! You have made my day, and I'm sure that if Our Mozzer reads your comment, it will make his too. I shall leave it to somebody else to post who the two men are.

      Delete
    2. OOps now I have looked again, I can see that the guy with NOT Mike Read
      isn't in fact Emperor Rosko but could be Mike Joyce ??

      I still think that the other one ( Rourke ? ) looks like Mike Read.

      I apologise to anyone that I might have offended. * swallows hard *

      Delete
    3. I too thought Rourke looked like Read, hence the reason I used the caption. The fact that Rourke and Read are both djs makes it even funnier. If ANYBODY ever offered Mike Read 10p, let alone £10 million, to reform his band 'The Shooting Stars' (which includes Dave Hill of Slade), they would need to be shot. If you are feeling brave, here is the video for The Shooting Stars 2009 Christmas song, 'My Christmas Card to You': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQeM2iNVlY

      Delete

    4. Foolishly I forgot that your picture captions are not always
      truthful !!

      It is a strange and funny coincidence that Rourke and Read are
      D.J's. I have always found Read extremely creepy with his
      wig-like hair. Not to mention his cheesey turn of phrase.

      I had quite forgotten about the song that you mention, and I will
      steel myself to watch the video later. Thank you !

      Delete
  2. All of these new promises are quite exciting. You're right that things keep getting better and better. I love the Harry Styles photo that you found, it would be perfect with a blue rose! I agree with Lizzy that the length of your posts doesn't matter - we always enjoy what you write, Rats. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often felt that the longest posts on MWblog were least commented on, but that was no indication that they were not appreciated. Sometimes reading longer blogs is like scoffing chocolate truffles - you want more and keep going, but are so satiated that you have nothing left to give. Enough waffle from me.
    Rats - you have number 3 as Morrissey to say "Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy." This is not correct. MWblog says 'Morrissey will say something very interesting', but does not say what he will say. Tick ✔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't it infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me? Sorry to be a stickler...

      Delete
  4. Correct, GWO.

    Harry Styles did indeed wear a single blue rose recently on television while 'performing.' I just assumed that Manclad is probably Harry Styles. I might be wrong of course.

    They both travel a lot. They're both drunk often. They both wear blue roses but never throw them at me.

    As I said, I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that explains why Manc won't reveal his identity! Wonderful to see you commenting here - I'm so disappointed that I missed you on twitter and in chat earlier this evening. It appears that you may have started a blue rose trend: in addition to Styles, Lady Gaga was recently photographed with a blue rose.

      Delete
  5. I enjoy reading your blog, so the longer the blog the more enjoyment I get. When Moz's Mum was ill I wrote that I was to have my own hospital vigil Nov 2. Well, mine did not go well the last three weeks have been very hectic and stressful and I will have several more months of this. Twitter, MW and your blog has been the only bright spots in my life so I hope they continue. I do not know who Mike Read is, but the picture of him in today's blog reminds me of a 4th grade teacher I know (female). As for the gum we like, the granddaughter just posted on FB a dream she had about grape gum. I can not reveal the rest of her dream as it was not very wholesome. Hope you have a good weekend. By the way, some days your blog will not allow me to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are having a tough time fancy, I hope life becomes calmer for you very soon. Take care of yourself.

      I meant to comment some time ago that Julian Clary has a blue rose in his twitter profile picture.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive