Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Day 454 - "Make People Think More Deeply Than Usual"

It looks like I wrote off Our Mozzer too soon! On Sunday, not only did the MorrisseysWorld blog reappear, but so did the missing parody piece, and this morning I have awoken to find not only a NEW parody article; 'Part 2 of the MorrisseysWorld Blog Annual Review', but also the WHOLE blog back! Granted the crying Sudanese girl hasn't returned, but apart from that, it would appear that EVERY article ever published on MW is back in it's rightful place. The real world may still be fucked, but all is well in MorrisseysWorld, and so 'FollowingTheMozziah' continues. My return to work may have to wait!


THE FAWNING RAT CONTINUES 'FOLLOWING THE MOZZIAH'


The new MW parody piece is once again VERY funny, and this time there is no sign of Boz's 'Emu Leg Tits', he is back in the frock as Gaynor Tension. The other characters in the story are; Morrissey, Mikey Bracewell, ME, Jonathan Ross, Walter Ego, Broken and Mam, whose ban has obviously been rescinded. Russell Brand, whom is described as a "Shouty C***", also makes an appearance this time. The article has me crying along to 'Hold On To Your Friends', Moz showing some flesh, and Boz/Gaynor once again being mercilessly taunted. During a discussion about weight, Morrissey says, "This is how my last sleeve would have looked, had I eaten as much Caramac as Boz Boorer", and then posted the following picture:





The article finishes with Morrissey saying to me, "I'm sorry, just who 'are' you again?" before then denying that he either reads or writes the MorrisseysWorld blog. Brilliance, pure fawning brilliance.



A number of comments were left on my last blog entry from Saturday, with Romina pointing out the coincidence that just after the MW parody piece disappeared last Wednesday, True To You announced a concert in Mexico. The parody article had featured Morrissey singing 'Don't Make Fun of Daddy' in Spanish, and a number of Morrissey's hispanic fans refer to him as 'Daddy'. It's a sign! *Pauses for thought* Or do they call him Grand daddy? Or is it the Indonesian fans and NOT the hispanics? Oh well, a sign is a sign, no matter how ambiguous.


THE VIVE LATINO FESTIVAL IN MEXICO - THE SCRUM FOR A MOZ SHIRT ON MARCH 14TH COULD BE INTERESTING


Another person to leave comment on my Saturday blog was 'Moz Fiend', who wrote, "I have front row seats for Long Island and Brooklyn shows. I have general admission tickets to Atlantic City and Port Chester, NY and I plan on queuing up early so I can be as near to the stage as possible. I feel it is my duty to get Morrissey a blue rose at all of these shows. I got on stage at Radio City and I feel I can do it again, but this time with rose in hand. Wish me luck." With President Kyle, Kyle's dad and Myself all going to Long Island and Brooklyn too, there is a REAL chance that roses WILL reach Moz. BLUE ROSE is up and running, we just have to keep it growing.



A TATTOO OF THE MOZZIAH AND A BLUE ROSE - WORD IS SPREADING


Today, Morrissey has appeared on TV in New Zealand, giving a twenty minute interview, and then singing 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'. There is also a bonus online performance of 'You Have Killed Me', which has Morrissey finishing the song with his right hand holding his heart in the masonic pose from the blog, but as usual, it's just a coincidence!


The interview itself was a really wasted opportunity. Once again the interviewer, in this case Ali Ikram,  spent half of the interview seeking Morrissey's view on the British Royal Family. It is hardly surprising that Moz continues to remain so mysterious, when NO interviewer EVER asks him any sort of taxing or interesting questions. We all KNOW that Morrissey doesn't like the royals, so why not ask him something else, ANYTHING except his view on the bloody royals! Ikram showed his complete lack of research, when he mentioned seeing a clip of Moz singing 'I Know It's Over' at a concert in Spain earlier this year. Spain is one of the few countries that Morrissey HASN'T actually played in, in 2012. I expect the interviewer was referring to the Vina del Mar Festival in Chile.

MORRISSEY + POORLY FINGER IN CHILE FEBRUARY 2012


Despite the poor questioning, Moz did manage to throw a couple of interesting quotes into the interview. When told by Ikram that he couldn't be placed in a box, Morrissey replied, "It's nice if you can make people think more deeply than usual. They might dislike you, they might like you a hell of a lot, but at least you're not part of the rabble." Was this a reference to MorrisseysWorld?



My favourite quote was: "When I first began to sing, there didn't seem to be anybody like me in the history of music." Now ain't THAT the truth!


On retirement: "It isn't a question of age, it's how you present yourself."

AND:

"It's as potent as it ever was, otherwise I wouldn't bother, and I've often been encouraged not to bother, but who cares about that." A reference to the constant snipes on Solow?

On reformations: "You can lose the initial thread and the initial reason, this is why I frown on reformations. Unless reformations have what was there in the beginning, which is really impossible, then it's pointless."

Morrissey finished the interview by saying: "Well, I've never been confused for anybody else." The interviewer replied, "Nor will you ever be", at which point Morrissey smiled to himself and said:
 "Well, you never know."


ALI IKRAM (LEFT) - POOR RESEARCH, DULL QUESTIONS AND SILLY FACIAL HAIR


Over the past couple of days, I have started to work my way through all of this year's Twitterdilly Top 10s, as I compile the Top 100, which @WalkerRat will broadcast on New Years Day. As I have been going through the archives of my blog, I keep stumbling across so many interesting things that have happened throughout the year. One of my interesting discoveries, is the "Some are born for happiness" quote, made by Morrissey during the pause in Speedway a couple of times, earlier in the year. WHERE does this quote come from? Another unexplained mystery is the stage backdrop from the last concerts in America. Was it Gina Lollobrigida, and who was the man?


GINA LOLLOBRIGIDA - A BACKDROP?


I have still not managed to purchase a promo copy of Morrissey's 'Glamorous Glue' single, but another interesting record turned up on ebay this week, a white label copy of 'November The Second', which is a remix of 'November Spawned A Monster.' According to the Record Collector rare records guide, there is only one known copy of this record, and it's value is £2000. I guess that this auction proves there is more than one copy, but WHO knows? Actually, somebody who MIGHT know is Morrissey, so instead of asking him about the BLOODY royals, why not ask him about his promos, which would be FAR more interesting! I'd like to know if HE kept a copy of 'November Second' after insisting they all be destroyed.


NOVEMBER THE SECOND WHITE LABEL PROMO - SOLD THIS WEEK ON EBAY FOR £461.09, BUT DOES MORRISSEY OWN ONE?

That is all for today. Russell Brand is now heading for New Zealand from Australia, so will he meet up with Morrissey, will he attend Friday's concert, and will we see his return to the MorrisseysWorld story? WAS Brand the mysterious '@BucktoothedBoy' and '@JodyRoad'? Roll on Friday.



For Loughton Lil, my daily Blog Stats:

Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
Entry
Pageviews
United Kingdom
182
United States
151
Russia
61
Germany
19
France
18
Japan
14
Ireland
10
Australia
5
India
4
New Zealand
4


THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - FOR THE WEEK SUN 9TH - SAT 15TH DEC (PUBLISHED ON TUES 11TH AT 12.45pm UK TIME BY @WALKERRAT)

1. THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GROW UP - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY)
2. DON'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY'S VOICE LIVE AT THE RITZ LONDON - OUR MOZZER (NEW ENTRY)
3. STILL ILL LIVE AT RADIO CITY - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
4. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, DON'T LOOK AT ME - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)
5. TROUBLE LOVES ME - MORRISSEY (UP 1)
6. SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN - MORRISSEY (DOWN 5)
7. CHRISTMAS KISSES - HAPPY MARTYR (NEW ENTRY)
8. WELCOME HOME - PETERS & LEE (NEW ENTRY)
9. HEART - RITA PAVONE (DOWN 5)
10. YOU HAVE KILLED ME LIVE IN BOGATA - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY)

NUMBER 1 THANKS TO CHART RIGGING BY @SMALLBOYJOKES

15 comments:

  1. Oh rat no mention of a poor mexican singer killed in a plane crash..shame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would I mention somebody that I have never heard of? I'm sure that if you go to google and type in Jenni Rivera blogs, you may find what you are after!

      Delete
    2. No mention that Boz has his arm in a sling or some sort of surgical support. He certainly will not be throwing his arms around Paris.

      Delete
  2. Such a delightful surprise that all is restored and well in MorrisseysWorld and that you'll have to continue blogging, Rats. I thoroughly enjoyed the NZ interview and I also thought of MW with the 'thinking deeply' quote, along with all the comments about the media telling us what to think. I was glad that Moz had the opportunity to speak his views on Kate Middleton and offer a different side to the story than we are fed by the press. He appeared to be in exceptionally fine form and I'm eagerly looking forward to the tour resuming on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You naughty Rat, accusing me of chart rigging! I didn't know that it's forbidden to extensively play one song on the jukebox! (And I assume that it's not, also I haven't come across an accordant sign, AND also you made a fortune this week, letting the jukebox play non-stop is expensive!)

    And it's such a lovely and absurd Number 1, I noticed that Twitterdilly Arms is mostly inhabited by seemingly social people with wives or husbands. I had always found that a bit odd to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't EVER think marriage makes you social, it doesn't, it just means you ran out of ideas.

      Delete
    2. I completely agree Rats - I'm about as anti-social as a person can possibly be.

      Delete
    3. if Rat accused you of chart rigging then that is parody on a par with MorrisseysWorld as Our beloved Rat is a master of the art. Words like Pavone and Rita and Heart come to mind. still, it is his chart so his rules apply.

      Delete
    4. Haha, Twitter is obviously the place we go to so we don't have to talk to our partners!

      Delete
    5. Rat and GOB, I couldn't agree more with both of you. Even though, work (and not an husband)is to blame for me sadly missing ALL charts. :(
      Heather, sorry to say dear, but I think I beat you there. ;)
      - Regi

      Delete
  4. i dont know rat, i point you in the right direction and you throw it back at me (or was that one direction)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now in possession of a front row ticket for Red Bank, NJ show and I plan to bring a blue rose to that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Rat! Just sawonce again the interview, yes probably would be more interesting talking about music but anyway Morrissey is an artist and so his point of view is always interesting and more original even if he's talking about the same things. I think the journalist, probably, does'nt know so well Morrissey's role in pop music, so the interview was about the Royal Family in due of the recent event about Kate's pregnancy and the fact that the Dukess did'nt spare a gentle word about the poor nurse! I'm a little bit rude, but apparently a Royal vomit is more important than the life of a normal woman! Radical solution: hang the DJ or hang the Monarchy? Anyway I noticed that there are no visit from Italy in this blog how is it possible? I'm totally sure beeing in my home in Rome, exactly at my pc and this is not the first time that I'm writing a comment here! I'm a little bit worried about Boz, apparently he got problem with his arm and is dressing a "tutore" as we saying in Italy. Thanks to Sabine, surely the wiser of us and thanks to you for the chart, the blog and all the rest! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rat, I'm reading Bracewell's book'Enlgish is Mine' and had to think of you when I read: 'This is the place of my song-dream, the place the music played to me', whispered the Rat, as if in trance. 'Here, in this holy place, here if anywhere, surely we shall find Him!' Well, I HAD to think of you.

    I loved the interview. The questions could surely be more interesting, but surely not the answers. I quite appreciate to see Morrissey talking about the 'royals' of this world and those of UK in particular, because nobody else 'out there' is doing it. I believe people are equal and any monarchy contradicts this basic fact and hence should be abolished - as simple as that. But anyway, guess I talked too much once again.

    This blog is a treasure, but I'm sure you're aware of it.

    Thanks!
    - Regi




    ReplyDelete

  8. The New Zealand interview was interesting in its own way although
    there was too much talk about the ' Royals. '
    I thought Our Moz looked in fine fettle and I liked his choice
    of clothes.
    The excitement builds again with the tour about to commence.
    The MW blog is running and has been updated and of course we hope
    that you, Rats, will continue to blog here.
    All is well !!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive