Total Pageviews

Sunday, 23 December 2012

Day 466 - Two Lumps Please

I have been watching Youtube footage all morning, and the shows in Sydney were STUNNING, simply STUNNING. Here are the Sydney setlists:


Oops, that's Sid The Sexist, let me try again:




Nope, that's Sid James playing the role of Sidney Fiddler, aka Sidney Sexist in Carry On Girls. Let me try again:


SYDNEY SETLISTS: (GOT THERE EVENTUALLY)

FRIDAY DECEMBER 21ST ENMORE THEATRE, SYDNEY

1. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE
2. YOU HAVE KILLED ME
3. YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY
4. ALMA MATTERS
5. SPEEDWAY
6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
7. HOW SOON IS NOW?
8. OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD
9. ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
10. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE)
11. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
12. MEAT IS MURDER
13. LET ME KISS YOU
14. STILL ILL
15. IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
16. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT
17. I KNOW IT'S OVER
18. NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER
19. THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED
20. SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN
ENCORE
21. FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE

SATURDAY DECEMBER 22ND SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE

IN                                                            OUT
BLACK CLOUD                                ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL
MALADJUSTED                               TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE)
ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME    SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGAN


The footage of the Enmore Theatre show posted on Youtube by 'ryandashsdotorg', is possibly the best set of Morrissey videos EVER posted on Youtube by an amateur, and not only is the footage superb, the concert itself is just out of this world. Forget the excitement that my kids are currently feeling leading up to Christmas, the excitement 'I' am currently feeling, knowing that in seventeen days time I will be in Long Island watching Morrissey LIVE, is off the scale.



THE QUEUE FOR MORRISSEY'S NEXT CONCERT ON JAN 9TH HAS BEGUN- L TO R: PRESIDENT KYLE, MOZ FIEND, RAT, JULIA RILEY, KYLE'S DAD, JOYCE


The stand out songs for me from Enmore were; Shoplifters of the World Unite, How Soon Is Now, Let Me Kiss You, I Know It's Over, November Spawned a Monster and Sweet and Tender Hooligan. Somebody in the crowd was waving a huge bunch of blue flowers during Shoplifters, but they weren't roses, so I presume they were ignored. It would appear that the Australians DIDN'T pick up on the BLUE ROSE SOCIETY, but I don't think anybody ever really thought that they would. The only Australian Blue Rose members that I am aware of are Kellie The Crisp, who couldn't attend any concerts, and Comrade Harps, who I don't think took a rose to the Melbourne concert that he attended.

I have stated on twitter that the Enmore performance of 'How Soon Is Now', is BETTER than the Smiths, and I meant it. Morrissey's voice is stronger than it was in the eighties, his band are tight, and although the purists would argue that Johnny Marr's guitar playing is missing, I REALLY can't tell the difference. A Smiths reunion would amount to bringing in two 50 year old djs to play instruments that they no longer play, and losing Boz Boorer. No thanks!

MIKE JOYCE - NOW A DJ

ANDY ROURKE - NOW A DJ


BOZ BOORER - A ONE ARMED TROOPER


Back to Enmore, where during the pause in Speedway, Morrissey sang a snippet of Reel Around the Fountain a capella. The crowd immediately sang along, and who can blame them. 'Reel' is one of my all time Top 5 Moz songs, and I was lucky enough to see Morrissey sing it at Portsmouth Guildhall in March 1985.

A photo has appeared from the Enmore concert showing Morrissey tucking his right hand inside his shirt, just like he did in Manchester, and just like on the MorrisseysWorld blog, but although I have worked my way through the Youtube footage, I am yet to find which song it occurred in. Due to the shirt, I can tell that it was in one of the songs somewhere between Still Ill and Sweet and Tender Hooligan, and I have a hunch it may have been during I Know It's Over, but 'ryandashsdotorg's' footage of that particular song is all close up of Morrissey's head, so I cannot tell.

photo
MORRISSEY ADOPTS THE POSE FROM THE MW BLOG AT THE ENMORE THEATRE, SYDNEY


The Youtube footage of the Sydney Opera House concert, shows that it was another outstanding delivery by Moz and the gang.The night opened with Moz saying, "Why ask for the stars, when you can moon me", before launching straight into a perfect rendition of Everyday Is Like Sunday. The stand out songs are; Sunday, Shoplifters, Youngest, Murder, Kiss You and Please, Please, Please, Please. A lot of the youtube footage has been loaded by '@MizHelena', who has also written a review on her blog, 'MizHelenasRants.blogspot.com.' According to her review, there were a few Moz witticisms, including:

'I'm the kind of person who'll go to the gallows before their time"
"I was born a 95 year old soul"
"I'm so happy I'm going outside to throw myself under a car"
"When I sing of romance, the songs aren't very long."
"Look at my grave and remember these words" before drifting into Please, Please, Please.


MORRISSEY ON STAGE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE

So, this leg of the tour is now over, and according to Manclad, Moz is due to land back in Blighty tomorrow afternoon, where he will spend Christmas at Bowden.

I am presuming that nothing happened in Sydney to allow MorrisseysWorld to reopen, but there has been a little bit of activity from MW, both on the blog and on twitter.

A new blog piece entitled simply, 'Walter Ego' has been posted, with a photo of Kevin Marinan hiding his face. The photo also has 'Morrissey Was here' written on the wall. Is Our Mozzer telling us that Marinan IS involved with MorrisseysWorld, or has Rosy Mires got it right, when she says that the author behind MorrisseysWorld HATES Kevin Marinan, and this is his way of getting back at him?


WALTER EGO - THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL


I have been reliably informed that yesterday, Our Mozzer turned up in the MW chat room, along with a number of the MW regulars AND Marinan. Our Mozzer reportedly said that he and Banjaxer had a number of photos of each other, and Our Mozzer posted the one that is now on the blog, with Marinan hiding his face. Our Mozzer then said, "Walter thinks I'm Morrissey. It's absurd. I'm a loser in a flat & Mozzer just plays along." Our Mozzer also added, "Walter is writing a diary about his time with MW so that if the story ever breaks he has his own little diary." 

The wording "his time with MW" is VERY interesting, and further adds to the thought that Marinan IS employed by Moz as his internet troll, just as is stated in the 'Bans Committee' article. The one thing that is certain, is that Marinan's continued denials about being involved in MW are going to REALLY piss off his So-Low mates, particularly Uncle Sweaty and Rosy Mires, who have believed his every word, but if Marinan gets to publish a book on the back of this whole phenomenon, he won't of course care about who he treads on in the process. The Marinan mystery continues.



Our Mozzer briefly appeared on twitter yesterday, but as the account has once again been deleted, I can't report what was said. I was also going to write about some other things today, including me having to read the eulogy at my Step Grandmother's funeral yesterday, but I have now run out of time, so I won't bother. I also haven't yet managed to write the parody piece that I planned for Christmas, so I will try and find the time tomorrow, but tomorrow is of course a VERY special day!

*Goes off singing* But, take me to the haven of your bed, was something that you never said, two lumps please, you're the bees knees, but so am I.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't drive you away far enough

      Delete
    2. Stop imagining things, Rosy.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I don't know Rosy or what kind of role she played in MorrisseysWorld so far, but once again she has been mentioned here, so I believe she has the right to come and share her view of things - and considering that all we can do is guess/imagine, her guess is as good as any other.

      Just to make it clear, diffetently from Rosy, I don't think it's a fake Moz I'm answering to. But if this little community should be any better than so-low, we should start by respecting other as human beings.

      - Regi

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. As much as I admire your devotation to MW and enjoy and appreciate this blog Rat, I think Rosy has a point here. The hostility is unnecessary and, as far as I see, uncalled for.
    -Regi

    NB: The song was Please, Please, Please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I recall MW tweeted: I hate nando's.
    What's nando's?
    Excellent blog today rats I cringed when I heard reel I mean speedway is already such a dramatic song and Moz delivers it with such passionate flair that a snip of Reel was simply the Icing on the cake. I Can't wait for Las Vegas!!*shakes with excitement*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got very few time, I'm agree with you, Morrissey's voice is supreme by now and Marrinnan is a very misterious man, but no need to be rude
    , anyway we are all Morrissey's fan! Kiss! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a nice surprise for MW to briefly pop in last night. He tweeted very little - a few retweets, an invitation to the chatroom, and one tweet to say that he hates Nando's (the restaurant chain). In chat, just to clarify, I believe he and Banjaxer mentioned having just one pic of each other, not several. And he told us once again that Banjaxer works for him.

    I'm sorry to hear about your step grandmother, Rats. If my memory serves me correctly, I think tomorrow might be a special day because it's your birthday (in addition to being Christmas Eve). If so, I wish you a very happy birthday. No rush on the Christmas parody, we'll be glad for it whenever you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for updating us Rats.
    I feel compelled to comment on Its Over from Enmore Theater. It was breathtakingly beautiful, every word sung with pure emotion.
    I have not seen the other footage yet, but it seems I am in for a treat.

    Happy Birthday for tomoz fluffy one. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Odd that Our Mozzer/ Banjaxer say that they have one pic of each other. The graffiti picture is used as the profile pic on one of Banx’s other twitter accounts, so can hardly be a ‘secret’ picture. As to what picture Banjaxer has of Our Mozzer....there may be a few shocked people if this is ever published.

    Rats – thanks for blogging. I do enjoy your write-ups of the concerts. No ironic t-shirt tour and no Gaynor Tension down under, but the band did look dapper in their shirts and slacks (although Boz’s slacks could have been a bit slacker).

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Ratty from Italy. Sydney seems to have been one of "those" concerts, where everything comes right. Every video I have watched has been superb, especiallly " I know it's over" - the "do you think you can help me" line was spine-tingling. When you see how much goes into just that one song it makes you appreciate what he gives in an entire show, to then have the whingers and begrudges moaning because the concerts are too short.

    Missing my Twitterdilly Arms sessions and missing Our Mozzer of course.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I haven't yet had time to catch up with the recent concert footage,
    seems like I will be in for a treat.

    The writing on the wall in the Banjaxer photo does appear to be
    Morrissey's signature, which is very distinctive.
    Our Moz has said more than once in chat that Marrinan is a paid
    employee of his.

    I am annoyed to have missed Moz on Twit and in chat.

    I am sorry for the loss of your great-grandmother.
    Have a wonderful Christmas Day especially if it is your birthday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rats,
    Enjoyed the update! Have a very Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to all people for remaind me Rat's birthday! I' m a mess and this days forgetting everything! Buon compleanno Rat e buon Natale a te e tutta la tua famiglia, sorry for your step grand mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for keeping us updated on all things Moz, especially his concerts. Looking forward to your top 100 of the Twit Arms. Hope you have a very Happy and Pleasant Christmas and Birthday

      Delete

Mozziah Archive