Total Pageviews

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Day 479 - Saturday January 5th 2013

I have today been out playing snooker at my friend David's house, so once again, I have found little time to write my blog. I have known David for a number of years, and we play cricket together every week, but I had NO idea that one of his favourite albums is 'You Are the Quarry.' His house is beautiful, but his taste in music is even better.

DAVID'S HOUSE - QUARRY MANOR

If I don't manage to find the time to write about the things that I mentioned yesterday, then I shall try again tomorrow, although I am back to being a football manager again tomorrow, so I am going to be short of time once again. It's a good thing that Our Mozzer isn't around at the moment. On Monday I set off for London, where I will spend the night at 'Midlife Matt's' flat, before we then set off for Heathrow airport early on Tuesday morning. New York is edging ever closer.

Anyway, there is no time for idle chit chat, so with no further ado:

OUR MOZZER'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS JAN 1ST CONTINUED:

"I am so sickened now." Could Suedehead be a possible addition to the setlist? Probably not. It is more likely that this was a reference to a hangover caused by guzzling too much gin the night before!

"Sincerity impresses the easily impressed. Style impresses everybody else."

"Tears are the true barometer of our humanity; the more we cry, the more human we are."

"THE MORE WE CRY; THE MORE HUMAN WE ARE"

An impromptu Top 20 Countdown then took place, with myself and Our Mozzer taking it in turns to choose a song. I chose numbers 20-11 from our Top 100 of 2012, while Our Mozzer chose the following:

1. Everyday Is Like Sunday - Kyle Douglas
2. Reader Meet Author - Morrissey (chosen by @4_L_E_X' )
3. Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed - Morrissey
4. Human Being - New York Dolls
5. Dark Night of the Soul - David Lynch (Suggested by EARS)
6. The Queen Is Dead LIVE in Kilburn 1986 (From Rank) - The Smiths
7. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want (LIVE at the MEN 2012) - Morrissey (chosen by Lizzy Cat)
8. Questions in a World of Blue - Julee Cruz
9. Nobody Loves Us - Morrissey
10. Beauty and a Beat - Justin Bieber featuring Nicki Minaj

During the countdown, I tweeted Our Mozzer to say that I wasn't surprised to see a Twin Peaks reference in his 10 (Julee Cruise) and I added that I pray their is no David Icke. Our Mozzer replied:
"Pray instead that my broadband doesn't short again. Time is of the essence. GarethIckeTop10." I was impressed that Our Mozzer even knew that Gareth Icke was a singer, but then again, he is advertised on   his father's website.

GARETH ICKE - DIDN'T ACTUALLY MAKE OUR MOZZER'S TOP 10

Our Mozzer's reference to his poor broadband connection left '@LizzyCatMoz' to ask, "Are you in Outer Mongolia Our Mozzer?" to which he replied:
"Almost - Brooklyn."

Also during the countdown, I tweeted to '@LoughtonLil', "My choices are FAR superior to @MorrisseysWorld, but he actually WROTE most of my choices, so I guess he wins both ways!" My tweet was retweeted by Our Mozzer, now WHY would he do that?

That's it for Our Mozzer's January 1st Highlights, tomorrow I shall catch up with the January 2nd Highlights, which include Our Mozzer calling me a "hack"! He was apparently in a foul mood.

I also will attempt to catch up on all those other things I still haven't written about, including the autobiography that I have nearly finished reading, written by one of the funniest men currently on British TV, and YES, he IS a Moz fan. I also now have a couple of days of 'BrokenReturn' tweets to report on, which believe me, ARE important.

BROKEN'S AVATAR - MORE ON HIM TOMORROW

1 comment:


  1. Thank goodness that Gareth Icke didn't inherit his father's looks !

    There has been much to keep on top of recently
    with the MW blog, comments and Twitter, so you are doing a grand job Rats.
    You will sleep all the way across the Atlantic,
    when at last you relax.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive