Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Day 496 - Forget RatsBack, Broken's Back....without the Mountain!

THE MORRISSEYSWORLD BLOG IS BACK *Sounds trumpets*...... but none of the old articles are there! *Trumpets go flat*

Yesterday evening (afternoon in east coast America), as the Twitterdillians continued to mourn the disappearance of MorrisseysWorld, Our Mozzer's right hand man, Broken (@BrokenReturns), made an unexpected visit to the Twitterdilly Arms, and in between his usual goading and mocking, he encouraged Kyle, the Blue Rose Society President, to ask Our Mozzer to bring back the MW blog.

We all know that TRM (The Real Morrissey) has a soft spot for Kyle, but was Kyle able to find Our Mozzer's soft side? Maybe! Read on.

Here are Broken's twitter highlights from yesterday, and for those who may be new to this blog, and are wondering who Broken 'is', he is believed to be one of Morrissey's many online 'pessoas', ie 'characters', although don't bother asking him if he's Morrissey, because he will tell you that he is NOT, although he might just tell you that he IS, just for the sheer hell of it! Broken will usually attempt to start a lively debate, and may well lead you up a path that you don't want to be led up, so if you take him on, BEWARE, although he is always honest, and he happens to be one of my favourite pessoas. Broken  spends much of his time on line posting semi naked pictures of footballers, which seems to be his penchant.

BROKEN - BACK IN THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS


BROKEN'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS JAN 21ST 2013:

"Kyle is the BlueRoseSociety hero."

"Guys if Moz gives you the mic, take the chance to mention BlueRose!"

"How amusing that troll-in-chief Tseng labels the MW author a 'troll' on the trolling capital of the web, so-low."

"@MozkidKyle Cool pic! If you do a pic asking MorrisseysWorld to come back I'll email him!"


THE PRESIDENT'S REQUEST

BROKEN'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHT'S CONTINUED:

"But was there a sign in New York? I don't think so."

"Rat is the Jermaine Jenas of Sandown Pier." (I don't think that this was necessarily a compliment, but you never know!)


SANDOWN PIER - THE PIER BAR WAS ONCE A FAMOUS HAUNT FOR THE ISLE OF WIGHT'S GAY COMMUNITY..... ALLEGEDLY! THE THEATRE CLOSED IN THE 1990S

BROKEN'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHT'S CONTINUED:

"3 years of blogging and... no one brought moz a rose or a t-shirt or ANYTHING. People say how much they want it... but nobody makes it happen... except @mozkidkyle of course."

With reference to my 'All at Sea' blog of yesterday: "I knew you'd get the reference. I still remember the classic post-apocalyptic FollowingTheMozziah." Broken is of course referring to 'Houston Gate', an incident that caused all hell to break loose last year in the Twitterdilly Arms, when Our Mozzer jokingly announced that he was saddened by the passing of Oprah Winfrey, when in fact it was actually Whitney Houston who had selfishly topped herself, leaving her young daughter without a mother. Our Mozzer's 'joke' was seen by a number of the MorrisseysWorlders as 'evidence' that the author of MorrisseysWorld was OBVIOUSLY NOT Morrissey, as Morrissey would NEVER be so cruel. A couple of people even accused the author of MorrisseysWorld of being racist for suggesting that Whitney looked like another similar looking person! In response to my "post-apocalyptic" blog entry (see Day 153 of this blog), Morrissey left the following message:


Chin up. Worse things happen at sea. Imagine a WH memoral evening on a nuclear submarine. Now THAT would be considerably worse.


Morrissey then followed this up by writing a hilarious parody article on the MW blog about a parallel life on a nuclear submarine.

The comment by Morrissey in last week's Pittsburgh Post Gazette interview about being "away at sea, but without the sea", immediately got me thinking about the nuclear sub parody piece, and it obviously reminded Heather Cat of the MW blog too, as she also mentioned the 'Nuclear Sub' piece in the comments section of my blog yesterday. Heather also posted this:


What a coincidence that you mentioned the sea reference today. I thought it was interesting that Moz mentioned in two recent interviews that touring is like going to sea, as if repeating himself for emphasis. Some MW sea references hit me yesterday, one being the parody piece with Freeyourself and his tribute band 'Viva Morrissey' where they are on a boat and the Morrissey Band are on another boat, wearing speedos (if my memory serves me correctly). Interesting that you mentioned the Moz quote from Reading about the band wearing speedos by the pool, which has been a recurring theme. 

All of this probably has no significance, but I do find it to be an interesting connection, just as 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' appeared in its entirety about a week after Rat wrote about it on his blog.

File:US Navy 070206-N-8467N-001 Cmdr. Daniel Christofferson, commanding officer of the fast attack submarine USS Connecticut (SSN 22) shows Miss Connecticut 2006 Heidi Voight the ship^rsquo,s periscope during a tour of the boat.jpg
ABLE SEAMAN STEVEN MORRISSEY SHOWS HEATHER CAT (OR IS IT KRISTEEN YOUNG?) HIS TELESCOPE

Personally, I didn't read anything into 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' being sung last weekend. The only reason that I had written about it was because it had been sung a cappella at Long Island. Having said that, maybe Heather is right, after all, it does seem to have just been given a 'one off', in much the same way as 'The Youngest Was The Most Loved' was given a special airing for Kyle. Could it be that Morrissey is pulling certain instances out of my blog and turning them into 'one off' set openers?

Morrissey also seems to be using interviews more and more to drop hints about MorrisseysWorld. It is often stated by people who conduct these email interviews, that they are not allowed to ask any questions about The Smiths, but I am just waiting for somebody to ask about MorrisseysWorld, it surely has to happen soon. So far, only the ONE interview in a Brazilian publication last year has mentioned MorrisseysWorld, and of course Morrissey took the opportunity to deny involvement, even labeling MW "Dangerous."

A recent interview with Loaded magazine saw Morrissey mentioning German's riding bicycles, and the city of Coventry. These 'could' be a reference to long time MorrisseysWorlder Girl-on-Bike aka GOB, who is German, has a user name relating to bicycles, and lives in Coventry. It could of course be yet another coincidence, but two days after the magazine was published, Morrissey ALSO mentioned Taylor Swift on stage at Brooklyn, a name that he once gave to GOB in the MW chat room!


TAYLOR SWIFT - A BIKE RIDING GERMAN LIVING IN COVENTRY

BROKEN'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS CONTINUED:

"Message from MorrisseysWorld: TIME HEALS EVERYTHING EXCEPT WOUNDS." (@GoramStitches asked, "hence the finger lingerie," which Broken then retweeted).

(In reference to the MW blog coming back) "Maybe Heather's BlueRoseRing will do it"

"@PapaSonsFilm I have a large ego, low self-esteem and a personality disorder... undiagnosed of course." (You mean he's not NORMAL???)

"The blog begged Moz to condemn So-Low and a few days later... he did. A sign?"

"I'm reading Hitch-22 by Christopher Hitchens." (It would be interesting to know if 'Morrissey' has read this!)

HITCH 22 - BROKEN'S CURRENT READING MATERIAL

BROKEN'S TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS CONTINUED:

"@Mozismyshepherd @TheRatsBack You two have been real troopers for the BlueRoseSociety." To this, Kyle's dad replied:
 "@Brokenreturns @theratsback We did our best along with @Mozkidkyle."
Broken then tweeted: "Yes, I meant @MozkidKyle and @mozismyshepherd - The Rats back just stood still and wondered!" ( Cheeky Broken Cunt! )

At this stage, Broken posted a new MorrisseysWorld article, entitled: 'Will MW return?' The article states, "A day or two after we condemned Morrissey So-Low, the true artiste took the opportunity to write: "There's a hateful online creche called Morrissey SoLow, which cured me of canvassing opinions many years ago." "

The article goes on to add, "The Blog will NOT return unless the seminal artiste gives us a clear sign. Over to you, Mozzer..." All the old MW blog articles are still missing, so Kyle HAS managed to bring the blog back, but it will apparently only properly re-open if Morrissey gives a sign, but WHAT might that sign be? Could it be that Heather Cat HAS to get the BlueRoseRing to Morrissey on Saturday? It's got to be worth an effort.


THE BLUE ROSE RING

It was great to receive comments on my blog yesterday from both Leslie (Hand in Glove), who was the one who dared to challenge the two muppets on the Scum Cesspit the other day, and also MozFiend, who gave an excellent account of her attempt to stage invade. If you've read both of these comments already, I apologise, but they both merit a place on my blog:

Leslie's Comment:


Well, now...that was me (hand in glove), and me alone, who fought with David and Skinny (Peter) Saturday morning. There was a post signed 'Blue Rose' but I didn't post that and I have no idea who did. Peter asked me to point out specifically when he had been hateful, and to which I did by copy and paste. He had the nerve to tell me I could have made it all up. It would be interesting to know what David wrote to you as I feel like it was the argument that I had with them that made him contact you, but...I'm fine with not knowing. It doesn't matter and I am mostly finished with that site. I go there to find out about the shows, and that's about it. I've opened a new blog here with my real name as I've lost my sign in password info and can't use my 'hand in glove' account(s), so I've just opened this one yesterday. Time for a change...

Anyway, RAT, that's what happened on Saturday. Just wanted to let you know it was a battle between me and the other two. No one else - except one other anonymous person who bullied me as well. It's like I told David before, being on so-low isn't like playing chess...it's equivalent to Battleship more than anything else. I also posted in my blog on so-low how I completely support The Blue Rose Society and that I'd always been a member of the MW blog.

I am a loner, and will always be. But, if I had to be a part of anything, it would be this. I love communicating with people here because you're all so nice and sweet. Well, I've said all that before...I personally think that's what a Morrissey fan should be - interesing, sweet, intelligent, and considerate individuals who actually have something to say. Why else would we listen to Morrissey? He SPEAKS to us...We LISTEN and we UNDERSTAND.

Well, that's me speaking for myself, anyway.

Thanks,
Leslie (hand in glove)



MozFiend's Comment:



Hello again. I have not been at the Twitterdilly Arms much these past few days nor have I been doing much of anything. I was recovering from attending the final Morrissey show that I had tickets for this time around, the one on Saturday in Port Chester, NY. Although I am terribly depressed because I won't be seeing Morrissey again indefinitely, I feel incredibly lucky that I was able to see five amazing shows since the opening of the tour on Long Island. I left the Port Chester show with a little more than what I arrived with: two huge, juicy bruises, courtesy of security at the show. Since it was my final show, I figured I better give it my all and attempt a stage invasion. I knew full well when I was hoisted over the heads of the two rows ahead of me that I was never going to make it to the stage and into Morrissey's arms. I fell flat on my bum between the barricade and the stage. I was okay though, until I wasn't able to get on my feet fast enough. The security picked me up by my arm and flung me like a sack of garbage. I knew right away my arm was going to be in trouble after the way it was grabbed and squeezed. I landed on the floor once again after being thrown, hence the gnarly, swollen bruise on my left thigh. Due to the pain, I immediately had tears running down my face. I couldn't help crying, it hurt! I got on my feet as fast as I could this time and held up my hands in surrender. I yelled, "You didn't have to do that!" and began walking away. Luckily I saw security from the stage frantically waving at me and it caught my attention. I turned to see Morrissey reaching his hand out to me from the side of the stage. I grabbed it tightly, gave it a squeeze, nodded at him and smiled. He gave me the kindest look and said, "Thank you". I that I will never forget those beautiful blue eyes looking at me. All in all, the bruises were well worth it. I'll take some pain if it means I can get closer to the man. Well, that's my story. After this happened I was also recognized as "the girl from that blog," meaning this blog. They asked me if I had the Blue Rose Society ring with me but I told her I had left it home for safe keeping, knowing I have to mail it out first thing tomorrow morning. Well, that is all for now. Sorry for the long post. See you all at the Twitterdilly Arms.


I was at Long Island when MozFiend bravely attempted a stage invasion, and was unceremoniously dumped back into the front row. I am so pleased that she came away from Port Chester with an acknowledgement from Moz.

And so to yesterday's concert:

HEINZ HALL, PITTSBURGH, PA - MONDAY JANUARY 21ST 2013

The stand out songs for me, from the footage that I have seen so far, are 'Please, Please, Please' and 'Meat is Murder.' When I first saw 'Meat is Murder' sung live, in 1985, I immediately gave up eating meat..... it lasted two weeks and I then returned to my old habits.

I was brought up eating meat, and the ethics were certainly never questioned in either my house, my friends' houses, or at any of the schools I attended; eating seemed the most natural thing in the world to do. Despite Morrissey pricking my conscience in 1985, I, like most other meat eaters, decided it was far easier to detach the meat on my plate from the act of an innocent animal being slaughtered. Far more people were much stronger than me, and the message from the song  'Meat is Murder' changed the eating habits of thousands of people. It is probably fair to say that no 'pop song' has EVER had such an effect, and it could well end up being Morrissey's legacy.


DO WE CARE, DO WE CARE, DO WE CARE?

Having detached the meat on my plate from the slaughter of animals, I also detached the sentiment of the 'Meat is Murder' song, and have spent the last twenty eight years enjoying it as just an unbelievably good song, one of my favourites, but the guilt has always been there, niggling.

Last August I started suffering chest pains, and was eventually admitted into hospital. The cardiologist told me that I was very lucky that I hadn't suffered a massive heart attack, and that my arteries were blocked. One of the reasons for the blockage was years of consuming red meat.

Needless to say, I haven't touched red meat since that day, and I now feel I can enjoy listening to 'Meat is Murder' without feeling such a fraud, even if I did give up red meat for selfish reasons, and not because of that niggling guilt. I still eat chicken, and am not proud of it, but having spent nearly fifty years addicted to meat, it is a hard habit to break, and unless I were to give up eggs, all dairy produce, and stop wearing leather, I would never consider myself truly fighting the cause for animal welfare anyway. I really admire those who do, I wish I was such a caring and loving person.... I'm not!

The graphic video Morrissey uses in his shows during Meat is Murder will hopefully continue to help convert stronger willed people than I to vegetarianism, so long may the song remain in the set. Finally on the subject, if you go back and listen to the original 'Meat is Murder' from 1985, it is NOWHERE NEAR as strong a song as it is now. Compared to the hard hitting 2013 version, the 1985 song sounds like a dreamy wish. I will ALWAYS love the original, but today's version is, in my opinion, a hundred times better. Meat is Murder has grown up.

SET LIST:

1. SHOPLIFTERS O' THE WORLD: "Good evening, I am white trash.":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNFjCA0XQI (Includes Wayward Sisters entrance)
2. YOU HAVE KEELED ME
3. SPEEDWAY - No idea at this stage if anything was sung during the pause.
4. EVERYDAY IS LOIKE SUNDAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5sCC7Z4FE
5. ACTON IS MY MAIDEN NAME
6. ALMA MATTERS
7. MELON JUSTICE
8. STILL EEL
9. I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PORRIDGE
10. SQUEEZY BOARD, SQUEEZY BOARD
11. BLACK CLYDE
12. YOU'RE THE JUAN FOR ME, FATTY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4XrWJPtlJA
13. NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MINCER
14. TO GIVE (THE REASON I LIVE)
15. I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW
16. LEMME KISS HUGH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuAadwQ-yA
17. PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE ME: "In all the world, I am my best friend. I look after me, and that's the way it's always going to be, which is OK. However... *sings*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdSoFJ0MvY
18. MEAT IS MOIDER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGwln0IMoo
ENCORE
19. HOW SOON IS NAH?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--62kMUbPNs


MORRISSEY IN PITTSBURGH

It was announced yesterday that the film director Michael Winner had died. Winner will be remembered amongst MorrisseysWorlders for his spat on twitter with Our Mozzer, which resulted in Winner asking, "Who is Morrissey?", a tag line that was to later be adopted by TRM (The Real Morrissey) on his stage back drop. Michael Winner was always a very outspoken character, and not particularly popular. I wonder if he went to his grave still not knowing who Morrissey was? I have only read one obituary, written by Morrissey's former lodger/friend/minder/photographer Jake Walters. He wrote on twitter yesterday:

"I don't usually speak badly of people I've photographed or the dead as it's unfair. But Michael Winner was a cunt." I wonder if Walters does after dinner speeches?



"MICHAEL WINNER WAS A CUNT" - JAKE WALTERS

As I write this, a new article has been posted on the MW blog, entitled 'Why I Love Years of Refusal' by Broken, so I am now off t read it. Earlier today, I presented the brand new Twitterdilly Arms Top 10, to a good sized audience in The Arms. The chart was dominated by songs the breathtakingly good concert in Reading PA. Tonight's concert is in that horrible looking leisure centre in Columbus, that I speculated before Christmas would be cancelled.... it was, but it looks like this time, it will go ahead. Let's just hope there is some footage posted on Youtube, especially of Speedway, I HATE not knowing what was in yesterday's pause, could somebody PLEASE post what it was, even if you post anonymously ; )


THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 20TH JANUARY 2013
(A weekly chart of the most played songs in the Twit Arms, counted down every Tuesday at 12.45pm)

1. BLACK CLOUD (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuGu43OyOLU

2. THEN I SCREAMED (AKA SOON) (LIVE IN READING PA) - KRISTEEN YOUNG (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBruFEtXAs

3. STILL ILL (+ THE BLUE ROSE PRESIDENT SPEAKS) (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNu7n5JFHo

4. SPEEDWAY (+ '0' '0' and ASLEEP) (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Knu9-bAH4&feature=player_embedded

5. HOW SOON IS NOW? (+ THE BLUE ROSE PRESIDENT INVADES) (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnpnH28WHk4&feature=player_embedded

6. EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY (MEOW) (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTfTY4QW3g

7. THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED (LIVE AT RED BANK NJ) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ImVZiO1fc

8. OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD (LIVE IN READING PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2GD5ljE0Q

9. UNTITLED ('NO') (LIVE IN READING PA) - KRISTEEN YOUNG (NEW ENTRY):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcUcrCqmf6Y

10. WELCOME TO MY WORLD - DEAN MARTIN (NO CHANGE):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX7BAfXn85Y


SOME OF THE SONGS THAT DIDN'T QUITE MAKE THIS WEEK'S CHART:

11. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (READING) - MORRISSEY
12. ALMA MATTERS (READING) - MORRISSEY
13. YOU HAVE KILLED ME (STRATHMORE) - MORRISSEY
15. ACTION IS MY MIDDLE NAME (STRATHMORE) - MORRISSEY
18. GOT LOVE IF YOU WANT IT - THE STRYPES: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQOiMYPsA8
24. NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER (RED BANK) - MORRISSEY
29. I KNOW IT'S OVER (RED BANK) - MORRISSEY
37. JEANE (GLASTONBURY) - THE SMITHS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u51oTz9PWM
65: AYE AYE AYE AYE MOOSEY - MODERN ROMANCE
67. KISS YOU - ONE DIRECTION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4cdfRohhcg
68. WHERE ARE WE NOW? - DAVID BOWIE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtsV50_-p4
76. UPSTARTS - JOHNNY 'MACCA' MARR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCaT0fZzj467


JOHNNY 'MACCA' MARR (AT NUMBER 76 IN THIS WEEK'S CHART) WEARING HIS BLUE ROSE SOCIETY PIN (BADGE) AS HE COLLECTS YET ANOTHER NME ARSE LICK AWARD FOR HIS WORK WITH THE SMITHS

WATCH OUT FOR THE NME THROWING AWARD AFTER AWARD AT MARR IN 2013 FOR HIS SOLO ALBUM, NO MATTER WHAT IT'S LIKE. THE NME ARE USING MARR AS THEIR TWO FINGERS UP TO MORRISSEY. JOHNNY IS IN DANGER OF BECOMING LIKE MUTTLEY IN 'STOP THE PIGEON'.

"MEDAL, MEDAL, MEDAL"

10 comments:

  1. Hopefully signs will be given :-)

    Viva Blue Rose Society
    Viva MW
    Viva Our Mozzer
    Viva La President
    Viva La Rat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent blogging, Rat. And thank you for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di bene in meglio! From better to much better, I don't know if you use to say something like this! I know is not so easy been vegetarian, but surely for me it was! I became vegetarian when I was 16, but meat always disgusting me! I was forced by my parents and used to lie saying:"O yes I ate meat at school... Just fruit for dinner..." I saw so many animals dieing in parents country house that I could never eat any kind of meat! That's why I'm so proud of Morrissey for the song, Meat is Murder, and for the way he is playing the song concert after concert! Watching animals suffering is the only eay to persuading people for not eating meat! Try Rat, step by step, is not so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually was first introduced to Morrissey via Meat is Murder. I was 18 and had just gone vegan and some other vegans I knew told me that MIM was an essential part of my vegan education. It's now nearly ten years (can't believe it's been that long!) and I'm still vegan and I still love Morrissey.

    ReplyDelete

  5. As Broken tweeted this evening " Is a sign imminent ? Yes. "
    Therefore I can't wait to see what happens at the Columbus, Ohio concert tonight.

    Broken has been very active today, blogging, tweeting and chatting.
    I was thrilled to be in the chat room on my own with him for a while - bliss for me !
    He asked me ' how's work ? ' amongst other things.
    It is such a pity that all the chat just disappears forever, as tonight there was a discussion
    about the Top 5 Smiths/Moz albums. As well as Broken talking about the production of the
    last five Moz albums and saying that the next time Moz would like to work with Stephen Street
    or John Leckie. Fascinating stuff.

    With more and more lovely followers joining the Blue Rose Society, it is all good.

    Thank you Rats and even more thanks to Broken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't have a chance to reply to MozFiend's moving story yesterday, so I just wanted to congratulate her on her courage and the warm acknowledgement from Moz. What a shame that security can be so brutal - I hope she heals quickly. Broken just tweeted that a sign is imminent, so we shall keep our eyes peeled. OO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted everyone to know that I sent out the Blue Rose Society Ring this afternoon to heathercat. I paid extra to have it mailed overnight because I was told if I only sent it "priority" mail that it may not make it to its destination in time. So, the ring is no longer in my hands and is on its way to the next temporary owner who can hopefully get it to Moz. Good luck heathercat! I am certain you will let us know how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you're a star. Now we just have to hope that fate allows me to get close enough to the front to hand the ring to Moz. If not, perhaps I can pass it on to Andrea, who will also be attending the Chicago concert, so she can take it back to California with her.

      Delete
  8. Hi Rat, Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. It was very sweet of you to do so...♥

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive