Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Day 503 - Oh, What's The Bloody Ulcerated Point?

I ended up posting my blog entries of Thursday and Friday on Saturday morning, along with my favourite personal piece of writing 'Blue Rose', which I posted as my own little celebration of my 500th day of finding 'MorrisseysWorld.' 500 DAYS! 500 DAYS..... and STILL MorrisseysWorld remains undiscovered by the masses, ridiculed by the majority of Morrissey fans who 'have' found it, and adored by the 'deluded' few. HOW can this be happening?

Saturday and Sunday were very busy family days for me, and yesterday I had a very busy day at work, so blogging was out of the question. I am once again in work today, but I have a quieter day, which means I will hopefully have time to make the sort of blog entry that I wish to make, ie, one of the long winded ones that most people don't bother reading but give me the satisfaction of writing. I WAS going to write a parody piece today but there are certain things I want to write about that wouldn't fit into the parody, so perhaps I will get the chance to write it later in the week.


THE RAT - BACK AT WORK


I still don't know how often I will be able to write my blog entries now that I am back at work, but I DO know that I have to keep telling the story of MorrisseysWorld. I have given up twitter because it is so time consuming, although I will continue to peek in occasionally and also try to keep my silly little Tuesday chart show going.

So, where were we? The MorrisseysWorld blog and twitter account remain closed (although @BrokenReturns is still active, but unused since early Friday), and in my last blog entry on Friday, I mentioned that Morrissey had been forced to cancel the Thursday night concert in Flint because of band illness, and was also postponing the concerts that were due to take place on the Friday and Saturday in Minneapolis and Chicago.

It would appear from Thursday onwards, as the Morrissey tour bus was parked in Flint, things went from bad to worse.


THE MORRISSEY BAND TOUR BUS, PARKED UP IN A LAYBY IN FLINT LAST THURSDAY


Shortly after the announcement that the three concerts were off, it was announced by Kristeen Young that her mother had sadly passed away. All then went quiet for a day, until a statement was issued by Morrissey's publicist, Lauren (not Laura as reported in most media publications) Papapietro on Saturday afternoon, that Morrissey had been admitted into the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan, about 60 miles south of Flint. Lauren's statement said that Morrissey was being treated for a suspected bladder infection, but on Sunday, a further statement from Papapietro confirmed that Morrissey in fact had a bleeding ulcer and that six further concerts would therefore be postponed. It was further stated that the tour will be resuming in Las Vegas on Saturday February 9th.


LAUREN PAPAPIETRO - MORRISSEY PUBLICIST

Two things are instantly noticeable about Lauren's twitter profile picture (above), firstly, she is doing the devil horn sign that was often portrayed on the MorrisseysWorld blog, and secondly, she is wearing an outfit not dissimilar to the one worn by the woman who kissed Moz in Atlanta, or wherever it was, six or seven years ago! What IS it with Moz and cheetah/leopard skin clad women? I hope for Lauren's sake that it's not real or her chances of issuing another statement on Morrissey's behalf will be about the same as 'Lawnmower' Mike Joyce's chances of ever drumming for The Smiths again.

And very briefly on the subject of 'Lawnmower Mike', before I start on far more important subjects, he has recently been quoted in The Sun, telling the story of a dream he has had, where The Smiths reform and open their first concert with 'Hand in Glove.' He also tells The Sun that he is now "a much better player than I was." What Joyce DIDN'T explain in the article, is that he tried to shaft Morrissey for a million pound, and that it is now 'records' he plays, and NOT the drums! I guess 'Lawnmower Mike' should just 'Carry On Dreaming', and let Anthony Burulcich continue to keep the beat to whatever Smiths songs Morrissey (the writer of the said Smiths songs, which actually are Morrissey songs, not Smiths songs) decides to sing. Goodnight Mike, sweet dreams.

MIKE JOYCE - DREAMER

Before Morrissey's Thursday night's concert in Flint was called off, it was initially brought forward by an hour, but presumably the sickness bug on the tour bus just made playing impossible. We don't of course know which members of the band were affected/infected the worst, but Boz Boorer had NOT worn the face mask in Columbus, so presumably he was getting better.

It comes as NO surprise to us MorrisseysWorlders that Morrissey has been taken ill, because in the MW chat room, before the tour even started, Our Mozzer told those present, that he was thinking of cancelling the tour because he didn't feel well. Despite all the shit that Morrissey is always given by the users of the 'Scum Cesspit' website (Morrissey-Solo.com if you are new to these parts) every time he cancels a concert, perhaps Mozzer felt that he just couldn't let his audiences down by cancelling the tour, especially having already postponed it once, or perhaps he just didn't want to admit to himself that he was ill, or maybe he thought the pain would go away!

I was going to write a parody piece about Morrissey's illness today, which I may still write later this week if I get the chance, but the whole 'Bleedin' Ulcer' thing has struck me as VERY Kenneth Williams, who suffered dreadfully from stomach ulcers and was known to be in considerable pain from them before he died. Williams was actually due to have an operation to solve his ulcer problem, but it has been said that he couldn't face the intrusiveness of such an operation, and subsequently chose to take his own life instead. Others have argued that Williams would NEVER have willingly taken a fatal overdose while his elderly mother was still alive, but his final diary entry of "Oh, what's the bloody point?" does tend to suggest that he probably knew what he was doing and had just lost the will to continue living such a meaningless and painful life. There are SO many similarities between Morrissey and Williams and you could just imagine one of Morrissey's diary entries being just like this one of Williams':

"Had Sid, Hattie, Joan, Barbara, Bernard and Charlie around for dinner. They were all perfectly awful except for Barbara whom I love more than anything else in the world, and even she is a stupid cunt."


KENNETH WILLIAMS - SUFFERED FROM ULCERS


Whatever made Morrissey decide to go ahead with this current tour, despite feeling ill, the one thing we 'do' KNOW, is that Morrissey lives for the stage, so he would have desperately not wanted to cancel any concerts, so it is my guess that either the pain of the bleeding ulcer ultimately became too much to bear, or perhaps Morrissey simply took the opportunity of a few cancelled concerts to have himself checked out, knowing that something didn't feel right, and the diagnosis was worse than he thought, although actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he KNEW there was something seriously wrong.


MORRISSEY IN COLUMBUS, AT THE LAST CONCERT BEFORE BEING HOSPITALIZED. DID HE KNOW HE WAS ILL? I THINK SO. (PHOTO TAKEN FROM SOUTHKIRK KIRKY'S NO.1 MORRISSEY PHOTOS WEBSITE - ONLYPICSOFMOZ.BLOGSPOT.COM)


Another thing we MorrisseysWorlders have gotten to KNOW about Morrissey, is that he LOVES conspiracy theories, and he no doubt stumbles across, and reads, loads and loads of theories on the internet. One such conspiracy theory that I am sure has grabbed his attention, despite him having no particular interest in the subject matter, is the conspiracy theory regarding the death of Princess Diana.

When I first discovered the MW blog, there was a link on it to a website that had all sorts of theories connecting Morrissey's lyrics to the death of Diana, particularly centered around the Queen is Dead album and There is a Light That Never Goes Out. I am sure that Morrissey didn't think for one minute that at the time of release his album and song had anything to do with Diana, but the fact that the future Queen of England went on to die in a darkened underpass has not gone unnoticed by the Diana conspiracy theorists. The fact that Our Mozzer had placed a link to it on MW shows that he was at least intrigued by the connection, and whether he had Diana in mind when he originally wrote the lyrics, which is unlikely, perhaps there is something to be said that Morrissey could be a modern day prophet, although I have to admit, I've never been a believer in such things before and certainly have no religious beliefs.


AND IN A DARKENED UNDERPASS....


Heather Cat has brought to my attention another website devoted to conspiracy theories concerning Diana's death, and both MorrisseysWorld and FollowingTheMozziah are mentioned. What is more, from an entry made on the website by it's moderator 'loopDloop' on January 10th of this year, it looks very much as though Morrissey himself could well have read the website. 'loopDloop' posted a picture of Morrissey's Alma Matters cover on the website (another Moz song linked to Diana) and the following day, Our Mozzer wrote his 'MorrisseysWorld Order' article which included the picture of himself with his hand inside an overcoat. Quite possibly just a coincidence, but here is the Diana site, and it is VERY interesting. This link is just to page 4, which mentions MW and FTM, but other parts of it are worth reading if you are interested in conspiracy theories: http://letsrollforums.com/lady-diana-spencer-limo-t28930p4.html



OUR MOZZER - AS FEATURED ON MW AND THE PRINCESS DIANA CONSPIRACY WEBSITE

What is quite amusing to read on page 4 of the Diana conspiracy website, is that 'loopDloop', who has NO interest in the whole MW story, observes, "I had no idea of the fun going on at a blog called Morrissey's World, until I learned on his wikipedia page that Morrissey has publically (sic) denied being the author of this blog on four separate occasions. Now, I don't know about you, but when someone denies four times publically (sic) something, well, you just know it has to be true, right?"

How ironic that an outsider can see in an instant what Morrissey fans have been unable to see in months/years. The Diana conspiracy website has opened my eyes to a number of other things connected to Morrissey which I didn't know, including RED, WHITE and BLUE being the colours of 'Media Fakery.' These three colours are of course being used on Morrissey's drum kits. 'Media Fakery' basically involves the media issuing propaganda stories to the public that aren't true. Conspiracy theorists think 'Media Fakery' is used by the powers that be to control the masses, quite often by fear, with events such as 9/11 being a terrorist attack a prime example.

Certain articles on the MW blog would tend to suggest that Morrissey likes a good conspiracy theory, or at least keeps an open mind to such things. Most people don't want to even THINK about a number of subjects which takes them out of their comfort zone, and I confess, I am quite often guilty of that myself, but this whole MW phenomenon has not only made me open my own mind more, it has got me interested in things that I would have previously ignored.

One of the other things from the Diana site that has aroused my interest, is the mention of a man called Aleister Crowley. Here is his Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

Aleister Crowley was a quite fascinating character and I have NO doubt that Morrissey will know all about him, after all, Morrissey is well read, I am not! There are a number of similarities between Crowley and Morrissey and it is interesting to read that Crowlay had a brief affair with Ada Leverson, who was a very close friend of Oscar Wilde. Whether or not Crowley and Wilde were friends, I don't know, but Crowley is described on wikipedia as "an English occultist, mystic, ceremonial magician, poet and mountaineer" who was famous for forming a religious philosophy called Thelema and writing the Book of Law.


ALEISTER CROWLEY

I won't go into any more detail about Crowley because I have run out of time, and what is more, he isn't directly linked to the MW story. There is a Light That Never Goes Out was released on Crowley's birthdate, which is of course just a coincidence, but the Diana theorists love it!

Devil Horned Publicists, Bleedin' Ulcered Pop Stars, Dreaming Former Drummers, Ulcer Ridden Comedians, Conspiracy Theorists, Media Fakery, Prophets, Blue Roses...... did you miss me? Welcome back to Following The Mozziah, welcome back to the World of Morrissey, all we need now is MorrisseysWorld, but in the mean time, here's the chart:



THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY 27TH JANUARY 2013

1. THAT JOKE ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE (LIVE IN PORT CHESTER NY) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy91_AuxwAA

2. MEAT IS MURDER (LIVE IN PITTSBURGH PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjGwln0IMoo

3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT (+ RANT) (LIVE IN COLUMBUS OH) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZsITuqktiA

3. HOW SOON IS NOW? (LIVE IN COLUMBUS) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92v4M8hh41Q

5. SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (LIVE IN PITTSBURGH PA) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNFjCA0XQI (Includes Wayward Sisters entrance)

6. SPEEDWAY (+ THAT JOKE ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE) (LIVE AT LONG ISLAND NY) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDl94FRN_bM

7. BEEZ IN THE TRAP - NICKI MINAJ (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7XYdCte3M

8. THEN I SCREAMED (LIVE IN READING PA) - KRISTEEN YOUNG (DOWN 6): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBBruFEtXAs

9. ASLEEP - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9ae_hdkUM

10. WELCOME TO MY WORLD - DEAN MARTIN (NO CHANGE): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX7BAfXn85Y


MORRISSEY LOOKS AT MY BLUE ROSE IN BROOKLYN
(WHICH HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THIS BLOG ENTRY)

17 comments:

  1. So glad you had time to blog today, thanks for writing. For those who are interested, MW is also mentioned on page 11 of the Diana thread and there are several mentions of Morrissey throughout the thread. Comments are still being added, with David Lynch being the most recent topic of discussion, so the plot continues to thicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey rat do you know that in 91/92 moz toured japan and met at manchester airport... his name to throw the press off his scent was KENNETH WILLIAMS..welcome back, you have been missrd

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I don't particularly like the man, but to give him his fair say, Mike Joyce did issue this statement on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mikejoyceofficial/posts/408841665864204
    It just goes to show how The Sun takes any old quote out of context and makes a story out of it. And I should know! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention anything about Joyce's plea to reform The Smiths, I just mentioned his dream. He's hardly Martin Luther King.

      Delete
  4. Just read the bit on the Diana Conspiracy website - it is absolutely hilarious!! Can't stop laughing! Because of his masonic hand signs Morrissey knew that Diana would be murdered! Hahah! And I thought we are the deluded dozen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that's what they're really implying. It helps to read the entire thread (warning: it's quite long) to understand it all in context.

      Delete
    2. I stumbled on that Diana conspiracy website a few years back.
      It blow my.mind to see how someone took so.much time to try and.link the album to her death

      but it.is funny
      I guess

      That's Entertainment

      Delete
    3. Maybe I should clarify which site my comments above refer to, since it appears that we are talking about two different sites. I was referring to the letsrollforums site which is the main one Rat discusses here - it discusses many topics other than Diana, it just happens to contain a thread about Diana that mentions MW. The site that Vulgar1 is referring to is dianamystery.com, which was linked on the MW blog.

      Delete

  5. Great to have you blogging again Rats, you are the glue that keeps it all together.

    If something has to be let go by you, let it be Twitter !

    Kenneth Williams diaries are a fascinating read about a tortured soul.
    Funny and sad at the same time.

    Apologies to Mr M for being too quick to retweet something I shouldn't have ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Rats! Great post today, per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry if it sounds too selfish, but it's SO good to have you blogging. As Lizzy just said, you are indeed the glue. Thank you for taking a time you possible don't even have.

    Weirdly enough, I'm quite sure you have seen the name 'loopDloop' (or something like that) somewhere in my timeline and also, somehow, in connection with Alma Matters. Weird. Anyway.

    Last but not least, the way you wrote about dear Moz knowing he was ill is quite disturbing. I dearly hope he is in the best of health - now or very, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting today, as I was getting rather low on reading material. I was down to choosing between 'Ancient Sword Dancing in Northern England' book 2, or 'Sex Life of a Tsetse Fly and How Sleeping Sickness may Effect it' (with over 1246 glorious illustrations). How could I choose? I mean how could I read book 2 on British sword dancing if I haven't read book 1? And is that really enough pictures of the dear little Tsetse to cover the subject completely? But thankfully your blog arrived and I had it to read instead. Of course' you had your Twit Arms countdown, which I always enjoy, your update on Moz's health and the conspiracy theory of Moz being connected with Princess Di's death. I had forgotten all about it. Last April Fool's Day @HeartMorrissey had tweeted about it and I thought it was an April Fool's joke until I looked up the site she'd posted fccfreeradio.com/?p=5059 and found there is a book 'Morrissey Conspiracy' written about it and you can read most of it at the site--with pictures. So after my visit here, I will be going over there and read up on the conspiracy and contrast it with your info. Sword dancing and flies will have to wait. I again wish Moz and gang a speedy recovery and Kristeen peace. And thank you Mr Ratty for always brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that Morrissey gets well (unlike Paul, because we all know that he died in 1966 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Thanks! It is indeed good to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Rat, I'm very happy you're still blogging and doing the chart everi Tuesday! Thank you! Beeing sincere, as always, with you I must confess that I got no interest in the connection between Morrissey and Diana's death and I remark the word death, because I never belived to the story about a planned assasination, it was just pure garbage for saling newspapers or doing silly television show! Anyway Morrissey is relased from hospital and this is a very good news, and, of course, the tour will go on! It's very important to pay attention at the official statement and not beeing confused by random tweets, of course it's quite possible that Morrissey went in S. Louis for the funeral of Kristeen's mum (condolence to her), but it's a little bit strange that the author of the tweet remarked that he was the only person in the lobby...I think, in the forthcoming days, Morrissey's pubblicist, will give us news about his health in the full respect of his privacy and that's all! Thank you once again Rat and I'm sure that Blue Rose Society will go on with the tour! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to have you back blogging again Rats. A compelling read.

    In the past I have had it said me that I am crazy for believing that Diana was taken out.
    And history repeats itself with my belief that Moz is MW!

    It's a funny old world!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't finished reading, will be back later.
    But anyway Rat, you're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive