Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Day 524 - All Eyes On San Diego

In my last blog entry of Friday, I posed the question, "Has the bleedin' ulcer stopped bleeding, thus meaning that Morrissey will be back on stage in Denver on Thursday?" Just a few hours later, the following statement appeared on Morrissey's 'Unofficial' 'Official Website': 


Statement 16 February 2013


16 February 2013
Statement:
I am terribly sorry that the next three shows have been moved back. The worst is for the best. I am certainly on the road to recovery, but caution and prevention demand further IV blood work lest I keel over and die before your very eyes. I apologize to an almost annoying degree for any trouble I've caused to anyone by way of travel plans and dog-sitters and ticket-outlay and re-molded hairstyles. I should be as fit as a ferret for San Diego. Please don't be too appalled if you see me out and about this week in the Hollywood area. Perversely, it's all in accordance with doctor's orders: to have myself re-integrated with the call of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd; the flash of light and the full thrust of mosh-pit sound. Illness turns the body into a complete stranger, and I'll be testing the capabilities of my strides at the most unlikely music shows this week. The will to get on with it runs strong. Even death can be used as a springboard. For those scholars who are heatedly curious, my ulcer is now under reins, even if neither asleep nor dead, but the continued cause for concern is a slightly embarrassing absence of blood – most of which the bleeding ulcer relieved me of. Anemia sets its own terms with quite obvious biological conclusions, and I have spent these last weeks under expert medical care in Los Angeles with an almost erotic dependency on various IV drips. Sitting around reading indecent books is no substitute for continuing the tour, but my progress holds great promise and Flint shall not escape quite so lightly. We are all at the mercy of biological chance, and I once again beg for your liberal tolerance. If you bump into me this week at a heavy rock show, please understand that I'm lowering myself into the cut and thrust after weeks on ice - horizontal, with sockets empty of eyes. In the midst of the abyss, I'm saved by the news that tickets for the tour continue to sell very well, and my straightjacket twitches with excited gratitude. But the patient must be patient. Our goal, now, is San Diego, by which time my blood-work shall have finally taken its course and I shall be shot from a cannon and might even be equipped with an extra eye. We just never know, do we? Being on life's danger list, I've found, actually prevents you from thinking about how you are, and there's a bread-like warmth in giving in to whatever was meant for you and whatever wasn't. The only critical mistake might be to confuse your pre-med with creativity - which is certainly worth the confusion if it renders you not fully present in your own life. Finally, I gorge myself on thanks for the many and varied messages of support that I've received over these recent four weeks. They have yanked me out of prolonged mood dips and cured a crisis of spirits. I fully realize that the word 'cancellation' in every known dictionary is followed by my own name, but no morale drops as low as my own at the mere suggestion of re-jigging shows. I sincerely ask for your pardon and your understanding. As for those of you who claim to now be officially sick to death of me - if this is really true, then why exactly are you reading this? As a matter of fact, I am even prepared to humble myself to nothing before those who carp; you see, any hospital-stay leaves us in danger of becoming unnecessarily agreeable. Life will right itself.
Whatever happens, I love you.
Morrissey
Los Angeles
16 February 2013
ticket2175:

Morrissey was seen in Beverly Hills yesterday morning.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart dear Giselle :)
MORRISSEY 'OUT AND ABOUT' IN LA (I WONDER IF THE GUY ON THE RIGHT IS AWARE THAT HE STILL HAS SOME HAIR HIDING AROUND THE BACK OF HIS HEAD? COULD THIS MYSTERY MAN BE THE HIRSUTE 'OUR MOZZER'?)


It is of course just a coincidence that my question about Denver was answered so quickly on TTY, and has nothing to do with this blog whatsoever, but Heathercat has left comment on my blog entry of Friday to suggest that the indepth description of the 'bleeding ulcer' on the TTY statement MAY have been in response to my enquiry of Friday, particularly as the statement uses the word 'scholars', a word which, according to Heathercat, has been used in the past by 'Our Mozzer' on the MorrisseysWorld blog to describe Following The Mozziah.

I have to confess that the TTY statement about an anemic Moz, didn't make me think of this blog, but instead conjured up a picture of Moz as Oscar Wilde's nightingale, singing and bleeding to death (To Give, is the reason I live), but  the word 'scholar' certainly isn't an everyday word. Perhaps we MorrisseysWorlders look at these TTY statements far too deeply, but after all these months of l'00'king for signs, it is hard not to. My memory is so bad that I don't remember the word scholar even being used by MW, but once again, the WHOLE of the TTY statement reads as though it could have come from the MW blog, as TRM (The Real Morrissey) gets funnier and funnier with his statements. A touch with death certainly doesn't seem to have dulled his sense of humour.


THE NIGHTINGALE 'OUT AND ABOUT' IN LA - ABSENT OF BLOOD... BUT WITH THE TRADE MARK WRY SMILE STILL INTACT

One of my favourite quotes from the latest TTY statement is the, "after weeks on ice - horizontal, with sockets empty of eyes." The eyes are of course known as the 'windows of the soul', so I guess Moz was declaring that his soul had temporarily died.


"SOCKETS EMPTY OF EYES"


The statement mentions 'eye' again when dealing with the subject of the 'comeback' concert in San Diego on Feb 27th, saying,  ''I shall be shot from a canon and might even be equipped with an extra eye." Could this be a 'sign' that we should look out for an  'O' hand gesture in San Diego, or could it be another 'bingo' reference, with 'Kelly's eye' being the bingo reference for the number '1', which could suggest that the extra 'eye'/'one' is an extra song in SD, perhaps even a double song encore? Maybe the 'extra one' could be an 'extra' band member or even a 'guest' singer!

ROSA 'ZAZEL' RICHTER - THE FIRST HUMAN CANONBALL


There has been no sign of either Our Mozzer or Broken in the Twitterdilly Arms, but a number of MorrisseysWorlders have been sending Broken 'get well soon' messages. This is rather bizarre because Broken HASN'T been ill. Even after all this time, the MorrisseysWorlders are confusing TRM with the 'characters' he has created. If Steve Coogan was ill, you wouldn't wish Alan Partridge a speedy recovery. The Twitterdilly Arms should be seen as a fictious pub on either a stage or film set. Morrissey happens to play a number of parts in the MW play, including the 'Parody Morrissey' aka 'Our Mozzer' or 'NotMorrissey', and he also plays the part of Our Mozzer's right hand man, the gay medicine man known as 'Broken', who has a particular weakness for professional footballers. These 'characters' are NOT Morrissey. I suppose it makes sense for 'Parody Moz' to have an illness, but I think his illness should be the '(Alan) Bennett's Asparagus', or the 'bleedin' ulcer', as opposed to TRM having 'Barrett's Oesophagus' (Optional O at the beginning) and a 'bleeding ulcer'. It's all about the subtle differences.

Hold on, I've just realised who the stubble faced man next to Morrissey in the top photo is..... it's none other than  'journeyman' footballer Kevin Phillilps. Could this man actually be 'Broken', who along with the hirsute man on the right, have concocted the whole of MorrisseysWorld from the 'inside'? It would certainly explain Broken's footballer fetish!


KEVIN 'BROKEN' PHILLIPS - THE INSIDER BEHIND MORRISSEYSWORLD?

Finally, a number of months ago, Our Mozzer was ripped to shreds on twitter for making fun of Danny Baker, a crass UK broadcaster who loves the sound of his own voice. The reason everybody ripped into Our Mozzer was because Danny Baker, unbeknown to Our Mozzer, had been ill with cancer. This week, Danny Baker has been ridiculing an ill Moz on twitter, and yet NONE of those who tore into Our Mozzer have been seen. It's a funny old world, it's Morrissey's world.

DANNY 'CRASS' BAKER - WHO BEARS AN UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO THE HIRSUTE 'OUR MOZZER' FROM THE PHOTO AT THE TOP. COULD IT POSSIBLY BE THAT MORRISSEYSWORLD IS THE WORK OF KEVIN PHILLIPS AND DANNY BAKER?


TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WEEK BEGINNING SUNDAY FEB 17TH 2013

1. LOST - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxNJi40nuF4
2. I WANT THE ONE I CAN'T HAVE (DIE NEVER) (LIVE IN WARSAW JULY 2011) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF2zcrnvLtw
3. ALL THE LAZY DYKES (LIVE IN POMONA NOV 2011) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42EMVU5-AEI
4. YOU SAY YOU DON'T LOVE ME - MORRISSEY (UP 15) - MORRISSEY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnc3LVo3L4
5. INTERLUDE - MORRISSEY & SIOUXSIE (RE-ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Bh-G9whv4
6. I'D LOVE TO - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDttFUX1oU
7. HONEY, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDDOU07o2bw
8. HALF A PERSON - THE SMITHS (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtYfauU31Qs
9. LET ME KISS YOU (LIVE IN READING, PA JAN 2013) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TThcT_ysXOA
10. WELCOME TO MY WORLD - DEAN MARTIN (RE-ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX7BAfXn85Y

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rat, could you have got the Danny pic *any* bigger!??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought it was intentionally big before!:)

      Delete
    2. I didn't make Baker intentionally big, but thought it was funny to see that mass of chins, but it then repulsed me so much I changed the photo to a smaller one, although there is still a lot of chin action going on. Excess fat of the arms is known as 'bingo wings', but to have bingo wings of the face is unfortunate to say the least.

      Delete

  3. I remember that I posted on the MW blog when I first discovered it, that
    it couldn't be the ' real Moz ' because some of the spellings were
    Americanised using a ' z ' - he took issue with me about that.

    Rats, I think that we tweeted ' get well ' to Broken in the absence of the MW Twitter
    account. I am sure that the TRM would understand why we did this.

    As soon as I saw Danny Baker's tweet I replied to him with a link to
    Moz's TTY posting. For one so verbose he has ignored my comment. ( No surprise )

    Our Mozzer's statement was so beautifully composed, being funny, honest and
    poignant all at the same time. It made me cry, knowing how sick he had been.

    Thank you for keeping your blog going Rats, so we have somewhere to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tweeted him too saying that Moz didn't chose a bleedin' ulcer anymore than he chose cancer (trying to make him feel guilty). No reply either but then he only seems to tweet with all his celebrity cronies who seem to hang off every word he says! Then again, I did also call him a knobhead - that may have had something to do with it. Lol!

      Delete
  4. As someone recently tweeted, this latest TTY statement is better written than most artists' song lyrics these days, which is of course true. It's a work of art in its own right, seemingly open to multiple interpretations. Whether or not we're reading too much into the statement, I think the mention of an extra eye is difficult to ignore as it conjures up images of the mystical third eye, aka the Masonic 'all-seeing eye.' All best wishes to Moz that he will continue to heal quickly and will soon be fully restored with renewed strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall keep an eye out in sd for any signs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mention of "the extra eye" did immediately make me think of the MW blog, but as it has already been said it can be easy to make assumptions & see signs we want to see.

    I totally agree the TTY statement was a joy - lyrical, heartfelt and humorous. I have gone back to read it several times (much easier with the enlarged print, cheers Julia!)

    Love, strength & spinach to Morrissey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i too like heather thought of the masonic eye, or was it a japs eye, anyway,i'm sure all will end well, i have a feeling the MW blog will be back, or at least i hope so. as for Julia and the large print, i have thought for some time that moz himself posts his own notes etc on TTY, he has a laptop, so why not, as for messages for broken, he was great fun and his photos always made me chuckle, i cant wait to go to LA and just sit outside in the sunshine sipping a vodka and cranberry.. not long now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often wondered who posts the items on TTY. It has a strange mix of press releases, statements (from HM Morr-ee-say) and other assorted oddities. That some items have been posted and then rapidly withdrawn (the recent message wishing the band a speedy recovery, and the invitation to make your presence known outside the High Court when the NME case was thought to still be going ahead) makes me curious as to who is posting them. The latest statement changing from small bold print to very large print had me in stitches – reminded me of the MW blog about the size of fingers/keypad.

      Delete
  8. hope MW blog comes back very soon...& as for the hunt for TRM still continues...#getwellMorrissey & as Emotional air raid said: yes Morrissey lots of spinach for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed the chart - was not sure if it was going ahead and could not hang around today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rat, I missed the chart to and I'm sorry! Morrissey's statement is simply fantastic! I love when he jokes about his own disease, this makes me got the feeling that he's truly better and ready for San Diego and Staples Center! That's all I hoping for!Last but not least the word four is written with roman characters IV and I found it a little strange, maybe is common for English people or I just misunderstood, or is another Bingo's reference? Hoping for to catch you on Twitter, Take care Rat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romina, in this statement, IV isn't used as a number but as an abbreviation for the medical term, 'intravenous,' meaning 'into the vein.'

      Delete
  11. Howdy! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I
    came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will
    be tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and terrific style and design.


    Look at my web-site - seo company

    ReplyDelete
  12. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she maintains the idea of a
    user in his/her mind that how a user can be aware of it.
    Thus that's why this piece of writing is outstdanding. Thanks!

    Here is my blog post: Recommended Reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
    overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up! Other then that, amazing blog!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Recommended Site

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide one thing again and help others such as you helped me.

    Also visit my weblog :: Full Report

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i'm happy to express that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most indisputably will make sure to don?t omit this website and give it a look on a constant basis.

    Look into my web-site :: helpful resources - http://www.saltandprepper.info/ -

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your website, how could i subscribe for
    a blog website? The account helped me a applicable deal.

    I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided
    brilliant transparent concept

    Here is my page :: Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete

  17. Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

  18. Thank for informations, I am extremely impressed you write style
    i really enjoy this site cause its worth with the usefull info..thank dear
    I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive