Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Day 532 - It Was 30 Years Ago Today

MorrisseysWorld has gone again! *Sounds of trumpets going flat and scenes of palm leaves being put back in boxes and bunting being put away in lofts, or if you must, attics* Well that didn't last long did it? Perhaps Our Mozzer agreed with my comment of yesterday about only fifteen people bothering to praise him for his latest masterpiece, and decided that there really IS no point. WHY oh WHY are the masses continuing to ignore MorrisseysWorld? How long can this 'possibly' go on before the penny drops? It really does feel that Morrissey could walk on stage tonight at the Balboa Theatre in San Diego wearing a BLUE ROSE or a novelty pop act t-shirt and STILL the masses would ignore the relevance of MorrisseysWorld. Maybe that is why the MW blog has been taken down again, maybe, just maybe, Morrissey IS going to give an unbelievably obvious sign tonight that will send his fans into a frenzy, but would there 'be' a frenzy? I really don't think there would be.

Despite Morrissey not playing the Jimmy Kimmel show yesterday, he decided NOT to spend the evening answering my interview questions, but he HAS given an interview to a girl named Amy Rose (a sign?) for a teenagers website called RookieMag.com. Here are the highlights:

On the subject of his books on James Dean and the New York Dolls - "Those weren't books, just juvenille essays, and thoughtless rubbish at that. I had no creative process, ust pain, which I mistakenly assumed might be creative process. Well, it wasn't..."

JUVENILLE ESSAY


On the subject of loneliness - "Everyone is, in fact, alone. Being contractually tied to another person - in marriage, for example - accentuates the loneliness, because you have effectively allowed the state to determine your obligations to someone, as if you can't trust and manage your own feelings by yourself. Anyway, I see humans as essentially solitary creatures, and this is not changed by surrounding ourselves with others, because they, too, are solitary. Life is a very serious business for the simple reason that nobody dies laughing." (It should be noted that only a couple of months ago, Our Mozzer discussed this subject on twitter in great detail, and then TRM discussed it during one of his recent concerts. Where our Mozzer leads, Morrissey follows!)


OUR MOZZER - LEADER

On the subject of aspirations - "My greatest aspiration was to make it through the coming week. As a teenager I found life to be inevitably disgusting, and I could see no humanity in the human race. When my time in music began, I found all my goals were reachable. For the first time ever in my life, I spoke and people listened. I had never known such a thing previously. My life as a teenager was so relentlessly foul that I still can't believe I actually survived it. Perhaps I didn't..."

TEENAGE MORRISSEY


On the subject of political causes - "War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality. If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men. They even get medals for it. Women don't go to war to kill other women. Wars and armies and nuclear weapons are essentially heterosexual hobbies. The most political gesture you can make is to refuse to eat animals. It was so when I was a teenager, and is still the case now."

On the subject of the music industry - "The arts have diminished, because we are now living through a time when we are encouraged not to think." (THIS IS AN OBVIOUS REFERENCE TO MORRISSEYSWORLD AND I AM USING CAPITAL LETTERS TO EMPHASIZE THE POINT!) "No one making music wants to waste time struggling with art. A group like the Sex Pistols would never again be allowed to slip through, and there is no such thing in 2013 as a popular artist who sets their own terms for success. Whether it be Beyonce or Justin Bieber, we see singers who have absolutely nothing to offer anyone as they walk offstage clutching three Grammys in each hand." (It is very interesting to see Moz mention Justin Bieber, another regular subject matter for Our Mozzer. The fact that Morrissey has mentioned Bieber in this interview would also open the way for him to walk on stage tonight 'ironically' wearing a Bieber t-shirt.)


JUSTIN BIEBER - "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO OFFER" - SEEN HERE AUDITIONING FOR A PART IN DUCK DYNASTY OR IS HE TRYING TO BECOME A HETEROSEXUAL MEMBER OF THE US ARMY?

On the subject of fans trying to get on stage - "In recent years I saw McDonna live, and no audience member reached up toward her to try to touch her. I see this so often with artists whom we're told are global stars. It is a big lie. Or else, you might possibly be a big star, but you are not loved. My audience has an urgent need to touch, to shake hands, to move out of their seats, to defy so-called security, to make physical contact. They don't simply sit and observe, but feel the urge to act. It's a great compliment for me, and one that most Grammy winners could probably never imagine."


WOULD MADONNA HUG A MAN WITH HAIR LIKE THIS? I THINK NOT!


On the subject of 'the book' - "I think autobiography is mostly self-worship, or personal mythology. In my case, self-disgust is the spur, which doesn't mean it isn't poetic or elevated or even funny."

On the subject of the future - "I have no vision of the future. I never have. There is nothing to consider other than today. I'm saving tranquility for when I'm dead."


AMY ROSE: "If you could tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?"
MORRISSEY: "I am still my teenage self. If you think that we al step through a door marked Adult, or that we sign a Grown-Up Document, you're quite wrong. We remain as we always were, and that, alas, is one of life's many nasty tricks."



I have to say, I think Amy Rose's interview was very good, and she managed to get some great responses from Moz. Perhaps I should attempt to interview him via email, like all these other people do, but WHAT is his email address? Perhaps I should ask his PR representative Lauren Papapietro, who incidentally posted this tweet a couple of days ago:


Just a heads up, Morrissey is NOT on twitter. The only places for official updates are  & 



I had a little chuckle to myself and sent back the following:


 Morrissey may well not be on twitter, but some of us don't use Facebook, so could you please ask him to join twitter?Thanks


Lauren responded:


 that's a tough one but you can still check out all the Facebook updates even if you don't have a Facebook account!



I have NO idea who runs Morrissey's facebook account, but interestingly, it has been used in recent days to advertise new tour dates, whilst there has been NOTHING written about them on True To You. Despite no mention on TTY about Moz playing the infamous Hollywood High School, a statement was placed on the site yesterday, announcing that the show sold out in just 12 seconds!


Yesterday I wrote that I had NO idea as to why Our Mozzer had used the title 'All Eyez On Me' on his latest blog entry, but my thanks go to 'GirlWithout' and 'HeatherCat', who both left comment to say that it is the title of an album by 2Pac. And not just any old album, but an album that according to google is "frequently recognized as one of the crowning achievements of 1990s rap music." It also happened to sell 566,00 copies in the first week of release, went 9 times platinum within three years, went to Number 1 on the billboard album chart, and featured two Number 1 singles. It would appear that it is a rather BIG album..... but it still means nothing to me, and what is more, it still doesn't explain why Our Mozzer used it's title, unless it was purely his response to my blog entry of last Tuesday entitled 'All Eyes On San Diego.'

File:Alleyezonme.jpg
HUGE ALBUM, BUT I'LL GIVE IT A MISS


Whilst I am (sort of) on the subject of the American Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, Billboard have just implemented a change that will radically re-shape the future of the charts. Billboard have now decided to count Youtube hits toward their chart, which last week resulted in 'Harlem Shake' by Baauer going straight in at Number 1, something that had previously only ever happened twenty times in the fifty five year history of the Hot 100, but I would imagine that this will probably now become a regular occurrence.

'Harlem Shake' became a viral hit last week thanks to a silly dance craze, which resulted in 103 million streams of the song on Youtube in the US alone. This exposure to the song then resulted in 262,000 people paying to download it. The Official UK Chart is different to the Billboard Chart, in that airplay and Youtube streams don't count toward a 'song' becoming a 'chart hit', but because the UK are SO influenced by what happens in the US, the UK chart will change too, as our teenagers copy the Americans, and it is now quite likely that novelty songs and dance crazes, such as 'Harlem Shake' and 'Gangnam Style', will become the 'new thing' in pop music. No doubt the major record companies will soon start manufacturing dance crazes, especially for Youtube. If anybody thought manufactured boy bands was as bad as it could get, think again, manufactured dance crazes will soon be EVERYWHERE. Pop music as we know it, is well and truly dead.


And on the subject of the charts and dead pop music, my Number 1s collection really, really seems to have come to an end. 'Thrift Shop' by Macklemore hit the top spot in the UK a few weeks ago but there is NO physical release in either the US, UK or even good old Germany. There isn't even a promo cd. This time, it really is over, or does it count if I buy the Macklemore album that contains 'Thrift Shop' on it? And if I DO buy that album, thus keeping the collection going, does it then mean I have to buy the One Direction cd that is at Number 1 this week, or am I just dragging it out? Perhaps it is time to just let go.

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY, THAT IS THE QUESTION

Although the MorrisseysWorld blog has now gone again, a number of people left comment yesterday saying that they didn't believe the 'Cracked' article from September 2011 was written by Morrissey. LizzyCat stated that "the humour was not subtle enough." So if it wasn't Moz, WHO was it?

As I write this, 'ConMorrissey Theorist' has added the following comment on my blog of yesterday:


Missed the blog being back!

But did you notice his recent interview refers to MW again?

First MW mentioned Nigel Farage, then Moz did. Then MW mocked Sally Bercow and John Bercow and Moz did.

Now Moz has said almost exactly what MW said on Twitter about marriage - do you remember?

He even mocked Justin Bieber!

also, he says "self-disgust" is the spur for the autobio.

This almost sounds like an MW quote!

Didn't he say something similar?



'ConMorrissey' has picked up on the marriage and Bieber references too, and adds some other well observed points that I had missed, especially about the Bercows. Oh such coincidences.

So now we wait for tonight, and the return to the stage of Morrissey after his enforced break. Will he sing 'Hand In Glove' to mark the thirtieth anniversary of the recording? Will there be any 'signs'? Will any BLUE ROSES make it to Moz? And what will 'Vulgar' (@vulgar1mkela) do with the 'Blue Rose Ring'? The wheels are back in motion.....

16 comments:


  1. Keep on bloggin' Rat !

    I enjoy your writing and the photos are a perfect addition.

    I am sorry to see that the MW blog has gone AWOL again.
    I am thinking that Mikey Bracewell could have written the
    ' Cracked ' part of that blog.

    Will Our Moz wear a significant tee-shirt tonight in San Diego ?
    Will the Blue Rose Society ring be exchanged ?

    I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. real glad that he did the Rookie interview.
    need more people like Tavi.
    loved the teenage self answer.
    the photo booth pic - t.o.o. b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great interview from TRM - I always enjoy and appreciate the MW references in his interviews. The 'teenage self' comments really resonated with me, as I realized how true that is for me. The Tupac reference on the blog is interesting because his lyrics spoke out against the Illuminati and some believe this is why he was killed. I'm sad to see the blog gone so quickly - hopefully it's a sign that something big is on the horizon. Can't wait to see footage of tonight's concert - all the best to Moz as he makes his triumphant return to the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been to work and now the MW blog is gone again? I can't keep up! Aaaargh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I!! Hopefully he'll bring it back soon...

      Delete
  6. Another wonderful post. The photos and captions made me chuckle and the interview answers are gems; very thoughtful and intelligent. Keep up the fine work you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is wonderful Rat! I love the crack on Bieber lol I love seeing Tupac & Morrissey on the same page!! I hope to see Vulgar1MKELA tonight wish her much luck w/ the ring... ready to leave soon SD bound, so definitely BlueRose will make it to Moz! I will make sure of getting great pics & send them to you.
    Have all u have a great day! Viva Morrissey! Viva TheBlueROseSociety! now off to Old Spagetti Factory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh by the way, even tho you dont listen to Tupac, but you should see what his influences are! You'd be surprized, well Im not surprized w/ Our Mozzer, Im sure he knows about Tupac enough, what an amazing human being apart from Morrissey!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be rather special if Moz sings Hand In Glove tonight. Either way I sure it will be a grand show.

    I hope all of you people going have a wonderful time.

    Viva Blue Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. * oh i do like to be beside the seaside *

    ReplyDelete
  11. The band wore SuperMan t-shirs

    As for the ring was a failure BUT one of his guards gave me pit passes and Mozzer did take the Blue and Red ROsesI had for him during Alma Matters and even sang this are from you to me these:-)

    As for the ring I will pass it to the new ring bare JJazz on Friday morning when I return to Moz Angeles

    I do hope it she has better luck than I do

    tonight was like a dream

    Our Mozzer looked amazing and in good spirits
    I post the setlist on twitter in order

    Now it will be up to jjazz

    Viva Blue Rose society

    Viva Mozzer

    VIVA KYLE

    VIVA RAT
    VIVA US ALL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you post about the red and blue roses on AYNIM (I think it was you) and was happy to hear he received them! Happy for you!! ♥

      Delete
  12. Another great posting with wonderful pictures. Sorry to see MW vanish once more, hope this means a new posting soon, but you can not beat the good news that Morrissey is performing again. It's like a black cloud has lifted. I hope the SD concert goes well and the place is flooded with blue roses. Of course, that does not make me less envious of the ones who can attend, while I sit fighting depression in the middle USA where we've had 25 days with rain or snow out of the last 28, some sort of record--Whoopie! Thank God 1 more day of February and 1 day closer to spring. Seems your fan Anon needs to get himself a thesaurus as he appears to be running out of names to call you or Moz, he had such colorful ones the last few posts. Well, here's to spring weather, good health and the #BlueRoseSociety!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Rat! Very busy time for me, but I always read your post and your tweets. So sorry seeing MW is gone once again, I decided to dedicate my first morning for reading the last post with a little bit of calm, but it's no more possible. Finally children come back to school after a break for election days and finally Morrissey is touring again and I got a little bit of time to reading review and tweets about concerts. Thank you to Vulgar1MKela, very brave! And thanks to all Blue Rose Society members! Ora e sempre Viva Morrissey!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive