Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Day 664 - Let The People Stare 'OO'

The time has come! No, I am not referring to the England vs Australia Ashes series which starts this week (although that is pretty damn exciting!), I am of course referring to the return to the stage this evening of The Mozziah - Morrissey is back! *Waves palm leaves, blue roses etc*

Tonight, despite his recent near touches with death, Morrissey will walk onto the stage at the Jockey Club in Lima, and all will once again be well with the world. From various pictures posted around the internet, Morrissey looks to be in good nick, with no signs of imminent death, so hopefully it will be an illness (and death) free tour.



MORRISSEY SIGNS AUTOGRAPHS IN PERU WHILE LIAM THE BODYGUARD PUTS TO USE HIS SKILLS AS A FORMER CINEMA USHERETTE TO SHINE THE LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT (UNLESS THE BATTERIES GO!) KEVIN 'SNIPPER' PHILLIPS HOVERS IN THE BACKGROUND


THE DIMPLED PRINCE - AGAIN WITH LIAM AND KEV



A MAN WITH A STRANGE HOODIE/JACKET COMBO MEETS MOZ WHILE LIAM KEEPS A WATCHFUL EYE SUPPORTED BY A MAN WHO LOOKS AS THOUGH HE HAS COME STRAIGHT FROM THE SERBIAN MAFIA (ALTHOUGH THE AWFUL FLEECE SWEATSHIRT WOULD SUGGEST OTHERWISE!)



MYLENE KLASS CLINGS TO FAME... LITERALLY

Morrissey once said in an interview that, "It is incredibly expensive to tour, and without a sponsor or a rich spinster aunt, we can't travel far. I'd need to inherit a shipping fortune to get myself to South America." Despite Mozzer's claims, here he is, back in South America for the second year on the trot, but it would appear that it isn't thanks to a rich spinster aunt, but to 'Cristal', Chile's Number 1 lager.








So, as we wait with anticipation for Morrissey's return to the stage (which will be in the middle of the night in the UK as we are 6 hours ahead of Lima), what songs can we expect to hear, and will there be much Youtube footage? If a leaked set list from rehearsals is to be believed, we are in for a treat.




'Hand in Glove' as an opener would be mesmerizing, and no doubt everybody would think it is Morrissey singing it to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of the song, but the Blue Rose Society would of course think differently. I once wrote in this very blog that the 'Blue Rose Society' was OUR 'Hand in Glove', and it could well be that Morrissey has picked up on that. What is more, this is a tour celebrating 25 years as a solo artist, NOT 30 years as a singer!

Alternatively, Morrissey could of course be opening with 'HiG' as his way of putting two fingers up to Mike Joyce, who back in January told The Sun newspaper that he had had a dream about The Smiths getting back together and opening with 'HiG'. If Morrissey opens with 'HiG', I would interpret it as Morrissey saying to Joyce, 'I am still here, still singing my songs, and all you have is dreams.... you cunt'.

The inclusion of 'Yes I am Blind' and 'Asleep' into the set would surely be as a result of them both being sung earlier in the year during the 'Speedway' pause. It's almost as though the 'Speedway' pause is being used as a preview of what is to come at a later date. The same happened with 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore', although there has been no sign of a full rendition of Victoria Wood's 'Northerners'!

If this is to be the set list in Lima, I will be especially looking out for Youtube footage of 'There is a Light That Never goes Out' and 'I Know It's Over', to see if there are any references to MorrisseysWorld or the Blue Rose Society. It was during 'Light' in Lima last year that Moz held his heart in a masonic pose having told us on the MW blog to look out for it. The reason I will be looking out for 'I Know It's Over' is because I was left the following message on my last blog entry:


fpy fpy fpy [sidr4 July 2013 11:19
Dpttu Tsy
O lmpe oyd pbrt
#NTD


Perhaps the message ISN'T from my old friend 'Spirit of Nico', but maybe.....


And finally for today, I have in the past published the latest audience figures from my blog, which always showed an increase in readership from whatever country Morrissey happened to be in. It always amused Loughton Lil (whatever happened to him?), but my latest audience figures show NO sign of any readers from Peru, so I think it is safe to say that Morrissey no longer follows me following him, although of course I haven't actually written anything since he's been in Peru, so I will see if anything happens to the figures now that I've started writing again!



Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
990
United Kingdom
356
France
313
Germany
160
Poland
81
Iran
56
Philippines
48
Russia
46
Japan
25
Australia
20

NOT A SINGLE CLICK FROM SOUTH AMERICA IN THE PAST WEEK


*Goes off singing* Yes, we may be hidden by rags, but we've something they'll never have

20 comments:

  1. Hidden indeed, because we must

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for 1 are looking forward to avoiding The Ashes...

    ReplyDelete

  3. The excitement starts again with the new tour !!
    I saw the set-list on Twit and how wonderful it is.
    I would give pretty much anything to hear ' Asleep ' live.
    So glad you will be blogging again Ratticus.

    Love the new photos of Our Moz who looks as fit as a flea
    and as handsome as ever.
    There is some new video footage of The Mozziah patiently signing
    autographs for 4 minutes without a word, but so patiently. Bless him.

    The Blue Rose Society rules forever !! Good luck Mr M !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite a day to celebrate - not only is our beloved Moz making his highly anticipated return to the stage, but the Rat is blogging again! I've been looking forward to this day for quite some time, but ever since I've seen this outstanding setlist, I've been bursting with excitement. Opening with HIG is mesmerizing indeed, for all the reasons that Rat mentioned. This song has always been near to my heart since it was first released, and I love that it has acquired a new layer of meaning for me now that it has special significance for the BRS. I can't even put into words how incredible it is to see Asleep on the setlist. I dearly hope that we will be able to experience it via YouTube. It's been such a treat to see so many photos of Morrissey looking healthy and happy in Lima and we wish him the best of health and a very successful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too was delighted to see Asleep on the rehearsal list.It is such a beautiful,unique & special song.

    I am confident Morrissey will be creating treasured memories for those going to see him, as he has done for many of us.

    I wish Moz, the band & Kristeen a wonderful tour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have allowed enough time in your busy croquet schedule to trawl through the tube and post the best bits on twitter. You could embed the highlights on your blog if you had ever figured out how to do that :)
    Not seen your old mucker JG in Twitterdilly for a while but he always had problems with his interwebby thing. Maybe he is still trekking across a mountain or on his roof fiddling with his aerial trying to get a good signal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rats,
    It's great to see you posting again! Best wishes to Morrissey and Company this evening and throughout the tour!
    Vive Le Blue Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited that the day has finally arrived when Moz returns to the stage and judging by the leaked set list there are some gems in store for us! Great to have you back too, ratty! Let's hope JG hasn't done a runner to South America with the Arms' takings - something else to lOOk ot for in the YouTube footage! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure we'll be seeing so much footage on YouTube, with all the photos our friends over in Lima, Peru have been amazing!!! I can't wait for tonight! Not even there, & Im so excited! But always I am when anything on Our Mozzer! Best wishes Morrissey to you, the boys & Kristeen!!! Will be looking for a sign tonight, so will keep my eyes open! Oh & one more thing...Good for you for putting that Gordon Ram 'it up his arse I Say' in his place! We 'those' who love all animals thank you Morrissey! We love you! Blow them away in Lima!!! Viva Morrissey, Viva the Blue Rose Sociey~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just heard 'rumored' Moz show on hold till Thursday & Friday, not confirmed yet... oh great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My nerves are all a jangle I'm as excited as though I were lined up in lima myself (blue roses in hand) But thats just the fan-girl in me. I'll be going through twitter and youtube soon enough. no word yet if any of the other dates will be streamed? should anyone find out please letme know ;) I have to admit to you guys I'm a little discouraged by the fact that today is the first day of the tour and no blog yet, maybe afterwards? Or was it truely the enevermind, i'll try not to get negative. I'm just really excited :D thanks for the blog Rats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morrissey shows have been postponed once again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't believe it! Hope Moz is ok. It all sounds rather bizarre...

      Delete
    2. seems he is ill again...I hope he's not

      Delete
    3. So sorry to hear the news. We send healing and loving thoughts to Moz for a quick recovery.

      Delete
  14. Very upsetting news for everyone concerned. My love & get well wishes to Moz & Co.

    ReplyDelete

  15. I am so sad to hear the news about the postponed tour.

    Sending Moz and his band and crew very best wishes for
    a speedy recovery. Love and hugs to Mr M.




    ReplyDelete
  16. Sad news once again, bur there is a light that never goes out, always! Viva Morrissey!

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive