Total Pageviews

Thursday, 1 August 2013

Day 687 - "Not at Liberty to Comment"

On Monday, I posted my final blog entry, and started to say goodbyes to my regular readers as they left messages in the comments section. Having said my goodbyes to; Mancladmozfan, Romina, EARS, GOB, Yunara, Heathercat, Monti and Lizzycat, I then received the following message, which unlike all the others, wasn't exactly a 'thank you' for all my hard work!:


You are closing the Blog? You have absolutely no right to do so, old son. Just because a certain seminal artiste wishes to generate a little publicity by closing down his blog again, that does not give his lackeys the right to do the same. In fact, one would expect your blog to run indefinitely and for it to cover my more mesmerizing blog's return urgently and immediately, and in fawning fashion, and NOT after a delay of seven dreary days. Holidays are no excuse old son. You've cost me upwards of fifteen views and perhaps two comments, of which one might have been spam.

Now get on with that parody.

M.


I continued to say goodbyes to others who had left messages, ie GWO and Chuck (aka SmallBoyJokes), before it dawned on me that I was wasting my time. The Mozziah had spoken, and he had told me that I was going nowhere (ain't that the truth), whilst HE in the meantime was going somewhere... back to the UK.


MOZ PICTURED AT TOM BRADLEY AIRPORT IN LA, APPARENTLY ON HIS WAY BACK TO THE UK (ACCORDING TO CLOVER DEAN & MANC LAD) (NOTE NIGEL LYTHGOE IN THE BACKGROUND TRYING TO GET IN ON THE PHOTO)


It would appear I am stuck here indefinitely, so with this in mind, I didn't bother saying goodbyes to the others who had taken the time to leave messages on my last blog entry, who for the record were; (the long lost) Mme de Stael Ghost, Comrade Harps, Clover Dean, (the even longer lost ) Loughton Lil, Rosy Mires (why is she still reading this blog?) and Fancy123.

So here I am... back YET AGAIN! The final parody that I was going to publish is still in production, and part one will be published within the next day or two, but WHAT of MorrisseysWorld I hear you cry? I can report that the blog has GONE, but things are afoot!

A new twitter account has opened up in the last 24 hours, with the name '@RealMorrissey', with a user name of '@MorrisseysWorld'. Could this possibly be 'Our Mozzer', and if it is WHY isn't he using the old 'MorrisseysWorld' account? He is certainly laying claim to being the REAL Morrissey by having the user name, er, 'Real Morrissey', but should we believe this new tweeter, or is it an imposter? One of his first tweets stated, "The Blue Rose appears prompting my return as promised. M". One of the last things to appear on the MorrisseysWorld blog before it disappeared, was a message from Our Mozzer saying he would return if, "An official photograph with Morrissey and a blue rose together" appears. So, HAS such a photograph appeared? I haven't seen one, and until I do, I will approach  '@RealMorrissey' with caution, and I'm sure that time, as ever....

ME, MOZ AND A BLUE ROSE IN BROOKLYN... BUT IT'S NOT AN 'OFFICIAL' PHOTO


There have been various newspapers and music magazines suggesting that the new Morrissey25 film is Morrissey's "coded farewell", suggesting that he is about to retire. I tweeted to say that I thought the film was in fact a coded link to the Blue Rose Society. This prompted '@RealMorrissey' to tweet, "@TheRatsBack Your thoughts are indeed correct my dearest rodent. M." The same tweeter followed this up with, "L(00)k, and you will find. M". One thing is for sure, if somebody is using the name 'Real Morrissey', and is ACTUALLY claiming to be Morrissey, SURELY if it ISN'T Morrissey, the REAL 'Real Morrissey' would get him/her stopped, just like previous tweeters claiming to be Morrissey have had their accounts suspended? Hmm, time as ever... Oh, I've already typed that a paragraph ago! Oh, well, time as ever...


Meanwhile, I have been exchanging tweets with James Russell, the director of 'Morrissey25'. It started when he tweeted, "Kevin? David? Devan? ".

I immediately realised that he was asking what the name was of the boy who appears in the film, and hands the BLUE ROSE to Morrissey at Hollywood High School. I replied to James, informing him it was Devan and sent him a link to 'The History of The Blue Rose Society' for good measure. James replied:


Devan it is. And a funny bit of the film. I've read about the blue rose.



I asked James what he made of BLUE ROSE, and also asked him why 'You're the One for Me, Fatty' had been left out of the film (as it wasn't listed on the Record Store tracklisting), but he informed me that it HADN'T been left out, and shortly after, the Record Store listing was corrected! James had failed to mention his thoughts on BLUE ROSE, so I pushed him again, and got the following reply:


Blue Rose? Im not at liberty to comment ;-)

So, has Morrissey told James Russell all about the BLUE ROSE SOCIETY, but then gagged him, or is James just bluffing?


JAMES RUSSELL - "NOT AT LIBERTY TO COMMENT" ON THE BLUE ROSE

The story continues.

*Goes off singing* You can check-out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave.


13 comments:

  1. ah, as ever old friend... fear not Moz fans, Moz is not quite clutching a pipe and wearing slippers.. 00

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, he should clutch a keyboard or a pen once he has come up with some worthwhile lyric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies for not saying goodbye in the previous blog entry but i had this feeling it wasn't the end and I too saw that account on twitter **fingers crossed** its not an imposter. Lately Broken has been trying to clear the chat of all the trolls, so I invite everyone( if its my place) to begin to use the chat once more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Our Mozzer wouldn't let you escape! The story must go on. Although it might not be considered an official photo, it's wonderful that one of the 25 Live promo photos on the Specticast site shows Morrissey with the blue rose in his pocket. Getting very impatient to see the film!

    ReplyDelete


  5. Welcome back ! After a day at work I return home to find that Our Moz is on his way back from LA,
    ( love his Playboy tee shirt in the photo at the airport ! )
    your blog is open Rats and there is a new Morrissey Twitter account.

    Can things get any better ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes yes yes...It's not over yet! Thank you Ratty, u aint going anywhere, lol I'm glad to hear that, & this new Twitter acc. I was surprised but then not, thank u M. for sending me that tweet, made my day! As for Morrissey25Live it's gett'in goodaround here! Much luv~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well. welcome back, seems like you just left. I think I will file away the farewell I posted for you a few days ago so I can use it again if needed. I really am glad your blog is back as you are the glue that holds the BRS together. And thank you to M for talking Mr Ratty into returning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The release of Morrissey25Live is very exciting.
    I cant wait to see Moz on the big screen.

    Very happy to see everyone here again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rat! I'm very very happy because you're still blogging, for the new Morrissey Twitter account, but expecially because I got the feeling that beautiful things are going to happen soon! Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The @RealMorrissey account is total nonsense. That anyone's thinking of it in the same terms as MorrisseysWorld must be enough to make Our Mozzer weep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, being the same Anonymous person who posted the above, agree completely.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive