Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Day 749 - The Return of Kate 'Dolly Wilde' Ryan

When I first discovered the MorrisseysWorld blog back in September 2011, I also stumbled across a 'character' by the name of Kate Ryan, who had left comment all over the Morrissey-Solo (Solow to you and I, although these days it should be re-named 'so-slow' due to it's lack of updates) website, telling everybody that Morrissey was behind MorrisseysWorld (See here - under Kate's solow username of Damien Dempsey: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/116298-Morrissey-s-World-Blogspot-who-is-the-actual-author?p=1986669220#post1986669220



KATE RYAN'S AVATAR... WHICH I THINK IS A PICTURE OF KATE WINSLETT, BUT I MAY BE WRONG!


Kate's ramblings on Solow had been posted in August 2011, around the time that Morrissey was playing his London Palladium concert. By the time that I had discovered MW in September, Kate Ryan had disappeared, and her twitter account, '@MissKateRyan' had fallen silent.

Over the days, weeks, months and YEARS, as I 'Followed the Mozziah', I was convinced that the character 'Kate Ryan' was yet another of Morrissey's MANY online pessoa's, along with the likes of 'Our Mozzer', 'Broken', 'Greyer Girl', 'Road Hog', 'Paul Young Spurs Fan' etc. I presumed that I had 'missed' Kate's 'part in the play', but now, out of the blue....SHE IS BACK.

After two years of NOTHING, the twitter feed of '@MissKateRyan' started up again on September 21st, with a bombardment of tweets aimed at none other than..... The Pet Shop Boys!!! Tweet after tweet was sent to @PetShopBoys by Kate, telling them that 'she' had written a play for them.

After two days of tweeting, 'Kate' then announced that she was going to use her 'other' twitter account, '@DollyWilde'. This is ANOTHER twitter account that had been around two years ago, which had since gone quiet.



THE AVATAR OF THE TWITTER ACCOUNT '@DOLLYWILDE', WHICH IS IN FACT A PICTURE OF OSCAR WILDE'S NIECE, ER, DOLLY WILDE!


'@DollyWilde' immediately carried on from where '@MissKateRyan' had left off, throwing tweet after tweet at the PSB's.

The very idea that the genius that we all know as Morrissey, is spending hour after hour playing the character of a woman from Calgary (which is where Kate Ryan states she lives), bombarding the Pet Shop Boys with tweets, is just TOO surreal for many people to comprehend, and the very thought that MORRISSEY has written a play about the PSB's is just, well, FANTASTIC, but as I have written before, this behaviour is NO different to how the likes of literary figures like Fernando Pessoa behaved. If you read about Pessoa, you might just get a better understanding of WHY Morrissey might be using different heteronyms. Here is an extract from wiki about Pessoa:



Fernando Pessoa on the heteronyms
« How do I write in the name of these three? Caeiro, through sheer and unexpected inspiration, without knowing or even suspecting that I’m going to write in his name. Ricardo Reis, after an abstract meditation, which suddenly takes concrete shape in an ode. Campos, when I feel a sudden impulse to write and don’t know what. (My semi-heteronym Bernardo Soares, who in many ways resembles Álvaro de Campos, always appears when I'm sleepy or drowsy, so that my qualities of inhibition and rational thought are suspended; his prose is an endless reverie. He’s a semi-heteronym because his personality, although not my own, doesn’t differ from my own but is a mere mutilation of it. He’s me without my rationalism and emotions. His prose is the same as mine, except for certain formal restraint that reason imposes on my own writing, and his Portuguese is exactly the same – whereas Caeiro writes bad Portuguese, Campos writes it reasonably well but with mistakes such as "me myself" instead of "I myself", etc.., and Reis writes better than I, but with a purism I find excessive...). »


Fernando-pessoa1.jpg
FERNANDO PESSOA

'@DollyWilde' has now been on the tweet rampage for the past week, and if I DIDN'T believe 'her' to be Morrissey, I would think it was the work of a mad woman, but as I DO believe it to be Morrissey, I find it all highly amusing and the work of a genius! It's a thin line. When Pessoa died, a lifetime's work was found of unpublished works written under different heteronyms. God only knows what will be discovered upon Morrissey's death!

So, Kate 'Dolly Wilde' Ryan is back, and the Pet Shop Boys seem to not have noticed! Kate has even left them a phone number to call: Calgary 1-403-796-KATE(5283),  but I don't suppose that they have! Kate has also tweeted Vladimir Putin, Depeche Mode, Lady Gaga, Russell Brand, Tinie Tempah, Eminem, Beyonce, The Pope, and a number of other people. It really is all quite amusing. Kate has now announced that on October 3rd, she will be publishing snippets of a play she has written on her blog, 'beautifulplaywright.blogspot.ca (or .com, it's all the same, but .ca makes it l'oo'k Canadian!). She has also tweeted, "On the third: a proposal, after-all! Even if it is only a HINT of what is to come." Hmm.... a Morrissey tour to be announced tomorrow???? Surely not!

That will do for today, I'm supposed to be retired from this blogging lark, but Kate's return COULDN'T go undocumented. There is of course a REAL person by the name of Kate Ryan, who just so happens to be a former Eurovision song contest contestant from Belgium... well she would be, wouldn't she!

51 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging today Rats, and thanks to Kate aka Dolly for returning in all her glory! Her highly amusing antics have been a highlight in an otherwise dull twitter scene recently. @Banjaxer just tweeted that we might hear some Moz news soon, so maybe Kate knows what she's talking about amidst her craziness. We await with ears and eyes open wide to receive... 'OO'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what does he know that can't be googled? A good old fashioned wind-up is what it all is. You people get hooked in by anything. You all need help.

      Delete
    2. The same sick person behind MW writes completely vulgar comments in the chatroom. All I would say is beware of this lunatic. MW is a trap for gullible people.

      Alex

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Alex West, early 2013: "Thank you MorrisseysWorld, whoever you are."
      ditto: "MorrisseysWorld is the greatest site on the web"
      ditto: "MorrisseysWorld changed my life."

      Alex West, mid-late 2013: see above*


      It's curious. All those who leave MW or reject the mystery begin hating it. It's strange.

      Delete
    5. Yes I went through a silly faze of trusting MW, not anymore. You have got too much time on your hands and this is getting tedious now. Stop being such a sad twat hiding behind a computer pretending to be something/someone you're not. I mean just get out and get some fresh air or something, anything. Just stop being so sad.

      Alex

      Delete
  2. What a blistering update to your blog today Rats, many thanks for that !
    Kate/Dolly is a fascinating person and I am wondering what the reveal
    tomorrow will be, as the 3rd October date keeps cropping up in Mozland.
    A tour and the release date for the Moz autobiography wold be splendid.

    The Kate Ryan photos are not of Kate Twinset, alas I do not know who they feature.

    The roller-coaster that is Morrissey's World continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing better than The Holidays is The Holidays with Morrissey......

    Good times for a change:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rat, I'm very happy to read your blog! I'm following Dolly to and she is very interesting! Now waiting for tomOOz....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's likely only one very desperate & mentally-unstable man behind all of it. The boy needs help, clinically!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dolly is a real live wire, so full of spirit & sparkle. I hope she hangs around for a while.

    Always a pleasure to find a new post on your blog Mr Rat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I just did the search by image of that photo of "Kate" and here's one of the links I got:
    http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/368-Statement-by-Morrissey-on-TrueToYou-Sept-14th-re-Smiths-cds-blog-tour
    if you scroll down to DamienDempsey comment, you'll see he was using the same userpic
    read what s(he) said
    quite strange
    one thing for sure - Kate is not who she claims to be

    ReplyDelete
  8. another interesting find
    http://www.depressionforums.org/forums/topic/69638-whats-the-point-in-life/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate the insight into pessoa's reasoning behind his characters, their personalities are all over the spectrum just like on twitter.
    As for morrissey news I would be a little more excited for an announcement about some new material before another tour but that's just me any news would be grand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just did the Google reverse image thing and also found the depression forum. Some familiar kind of phrases and concepts in the only 2 posts, like "black cloud" and "To work & live as others do is something I am very much incapable of". The Britney Spears reference is a classic!

    Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:21 PM
    I feel that life is a game, the wiser I get the less I want to play it. I do not believe in God at all, our only purpose is to spawn (something that interests me little). I have one friend on the planet & a tuxedo cat I adore to bits. My world is only tolerable when I need only leave my wee basement apartment for basics. I have BBC iPlayer and Britney Spears to provide any needed entertainment. To work & live as others do is something I am very much incapable of. Yet my worker has set up an appointment with a career counselor tomorrow: even though she has a disability form from my doctor. I was told I MUST attend & that the rules regarding social assistance in Canada have changed. She said even though I am majorly depressed I must still work. Sounds like a load of rubbish to me. I intend to get a competent psychiatrist (somehow) and go on AISH. This is all a bother & feels a tad life-threatening. To work is to be either unable to attend job interviews or land a job only to soon after meltdown. Once terminated I will be deprived of any assistance of any sort. A final exit will ensue before homelessness, I assure you. I live for Kitty, that's about it. The black cloud above my head when I attend that pointless meeting will be enormous, and I intend to also rain upon them. I'm certain I'll render them uncomfortable enough so they will constantly shift in their seat. It should be entertaining, perhaps I will capture it in dialogue form afterwards.
    Edited by KittyKatKate, 04 October 2011 - 05:37 PM.

    And this one:

    Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:06 AM
    I live in Alberta too. Depression is absolutely considered a disability: as much as any physical impairment. You need to go on social assistance, through Alberta Works. They will give you a disability form to have your doctor fill out, also tell them you need rent shortfall assistance. The total monthly amount I receive is $1121, a pittance. If you do not already have a psychiatrist get one, for they are better advocates for mental health & their word is taken more seriously compared to just a family doctor: you'll get less hassle from the government, in other words. A psychiatrist may also put you on AISH, which means more money per month and zero hassle to fill out constant disability forms. Hope this helps you.
    Edited by KittyKatKate, 05 October 2011 - 12:08 AM.

    Thank you Rats for the eternal vigilance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure if I believe all fake posts could be generated from that sweet man. If it is him, it is very very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rat and dear Blue Rosers, just discovered that Kate Ryan is also the main character in a serie of thriller books written by Kate Sweeney, a middle age woman who lives in Illinois USA. She's quite famous in Usa and she won a Special Prize by a gay/lesbian association. Mistery after mistery, today is 3 October! Catch you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another reference that may make perfect sense. Thanks for the research.

      Delete
  13. I had a great aunt called Kate Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looked a bit like Dolly up there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There was a statement on try to you this morning saying "This page does not exist" which I find most odd because that's what it says on the MW blog too. Coincidence? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *True To You ... sorry I'm driving and typing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be deleting your latest comments, just like you did before, or are you hissy free at present? Why are you still even lOOking on here? Moonie Heaven.

      Ann On-Sea Mouse

      Delete
    2. A Noncy Mouse? Just being friendly dear, calling in to say hello to old whiskers.

      Delete
  17. Kate Ryan and Dolly Wilde have both now disappeared from twitter! So much for her publishing her play.

    Dan The Road (Danny La Rue's English nephew)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But we did get news on Oct. 3, as expected - a publication date of Oct. 17 for the autobiography, just posted on TTY.

      Delete
    2. So thrilled to know that THE autobiography will be available in 2 weeks - at last, at last, at last !
      Week off work booked - tick !
      Phone off the hook - tick !
      Internet unplugged - tick !
      Delivery of food and drink arranged - tick !

      Delete
    3. Maybe someone has been lOOking in and watching our tweets... Mmmh...

      Can't wait to get my hands on your mammary glands, err, book I mean!

      Delete
  18. KittyKatKate -- http://profiles.gaycanada.com/kittykatkate

    You're all missing something here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. some of us ain't that lucky that we do not reside in the UK, commonwealth or Europe. If anybody would be so kind as to help me with getting at least 2 copies of Morrisseys' Autobiography I would be more than grateful I can pay you through paypal for the price of the books plus whatever shipping please send me a email if you would be so kind morrizzy@gmail.com plz plz plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ears, I jumped the gun on this plea and have pre-ordered from amazon.

      Delete
  20. I am cock -a- hoop to say the the least! Cracking news, wish I had been with you all to share the excitement.

    Nice one Dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 1 No Morrissey tour tomorrow

    2 Absolutely no FTM blog posts tomorrow (well, Rat has hardly been active in his fawning lately, has he?)

    3 The Blue Rose Society might notice a few coy references to make the trivial pursuit/monopoly reference look positively obscure. Roll on October 17th.

    4 Kate Ryan is not Our Mozzer and never will be.

    5 Our Mozzer (fake plastic Morrissey) says, 'hello' and states that if Morrissey appears with a Blue Rose again, he will return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you here, Broken. Roll on Oct 17 indeed! Here's hoping that Moz appears with a blue rose again soon because we're desperately missing Our Mozzer.

      Delete
    2. see our mozzer soon then broken

      Delete
  22. Has this ALL been leading up to October 17th? Will your jaws drop? Will the truth be told?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you Broken and ' hello ' to Our Mozzer !
      It took me ages to go to sleep last night with the excitement of knowing that the autobiography will be with us
      in 2 weeks - how exciting !
      I sincerely hope that Morrissey will appear with a blue rose soon as he is sorely missed.
      Life can be quite bland and boring without his presence.

      Delete
    2. Roll on October 17th!!! Good to have you back, Broken!

      Delete
  23. drawn irresistibly... the attention and interest in Dolly & it all...fascinating. thank u Ratty.
    & hello to all the Blue Roses...

    ReplyDelete
  24. so happy about the autobiography...it's now Our Mozzer's turn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. " Autobiography " is currently number 3 in the Amazon book chart !!
    It has moved up from number 7.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Broken has spoken #notnationalpoetryday. “Kate Ryan is not our Mozzer and never will be”.
    Dolly does mention 3 October 2013 as a significant date, but it just happens to be the date of the PSB’s concert in Vancouver. Be nice – don’t add to her troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stephen Fry ‏@stephenfry
    Oh Mozzer, you utter darling… you'll always be a classic to me (ducks, ready for hail of disagreeing insults)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gary Kemp ‏@garyjkemp
    Morrissey a Penguin Classic - love the audacity. He'll me suitably snug against Montaigne and William Morris.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/row-resolved-morrisseys-autobiography-to-be-published-this-month-8859030.html …

    ReplyDelete
  29. So nice to see @BushsWorld making a quick appearance "on the red carpet that is my timeline" last night!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad to see Mr Ratty is still around. As I have continued on my quest to gain knowledge of cricket per Bollywood films I had just figured the absence of his posting was due to his spending his spare time towards gaining his 'century''. Our Mozzer's absence I credited to a stern warning to rest from his MD. although it may be due to getting his autobiography released. I am looking forward to it' and have pre-ordered it. . I myself have not spent as much time as usual on the internet due mainly to the weather we've been having in the area where I live. We have been experiencing a lot of thunder storms recently, with heavy rains and flooding, strong winds and tornado warnings. We have lost electricity several times and I've had tree limbs falling all over my yard. Luckily, only one did damaged to corner of my roof. and was easily fixed. As I said I am looking forward to the autobiography and wish all in the #BlueRoseSociety a pleasant fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little story about your life that you add in your comments always fascinating to read, Fancy. I'm a fan.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive