Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Day 818 - Two Lumps Please

Some people follow MorrisseysWorld because they believe it is Morrissey, whilst others don't care if it is Moz or not, they just like it. Some used to follow MW because they liked the humour, but then ditched it because they didn't like Log Lady, the 'O's, and some other things that challenged them.....Oh, and there was Houstongate, which really sorted the cupcakes from the clam.

CUPCAKE - A WORD USED IN BOTH MORRISSEY'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY & THE FAKE INTERVIEW WITH FTM....HMM


Although there is no doubt in my mind that MW is Moz, it actually doesn't matter to me who it is, the blog is just extremely enjoyable, and the spin-offs that have come from it are just as fascinating, particularly the Blue Rose Society, but also the 'characters' that have appeared throughout the whole journey.

Two such 'characters', or 'lumps' (as I have decided to affectionately refer to them today) are Mozzerie Guts and Astraea, both of whom I mentioned yesterday. These two lumps are the bees knees, and let's face it, this earth needs bees, and particularly their knees.

Gina Lollobrigida and a tame deer. Photograph by Peter Stackpole. Toronto, Canada, July 1960.
ASTRAEA - DAUGHTER OF ZEUS - AKA GINA LOLLOBRIGIDA AND A DEER


Astraea is like the old 'Spirit of Nico' aka @DotDotDotPause (a characterthat graced this story some time ago, and then disappeared), and has been posting some unbelievably good songs from Youtube, where as Mozzerie tends to offer syrupy words. A number of people believe that these two characters are both Morrissey, but as to whether they are or not is irrelevant, they have something to give, and an audience who want to receive.

 Astraea in particular is introducing me to songs (and singers) that I have never heard before, and when you hear a song like 'Stone is Very, Very Cold' for the first time, it gives a buzz that is no different to the excitement one had as a teenager hearing an outstanding new song for the first time. Yesterday Astraea posted the following, all of which I am not too embarrassed to admit, I had NEVER, EVER heard before:


Je Me Donne A Qui Me Plait by Brigit Bardot
A couple of songs by Mamie Van Doren 
Farewell by Ayshea 
Teach Me Tiger by April Stevens
That Makes It by Jayne Mansfield
Let Me Entertain You by Ann Margret

GOBSMACKINGLY GOOD



AYSHEA


Hopefully both Astraea and Mozzerie Guts will continue to entertain and educate.


Meanwhile, the following was yesterday posted anonymously on my blog entry of  October 29th, entitled 'I Smell A Rat'.


His name is Gabriele Grandoni, and some of you may recognize this lion (no, not the indoor ones). This was taken in 2005.
https://picasaweb.google.com/108565267215541736918/ProfilePhotos#5724933980974250818


GELATO?


And tomorrow, I shall invite my readers to choose the three songs that they think Moz should/will sing tomorrow in OslO.

10 comments:

  1. Two Lumps Please - just a coincidence after someone called Lump graced the MW chat room last night or was that you, Ratty? Then again, we all know that EVERYTHING is just a coincidence... OO

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Gelato " looks like a handsome chap - from what I can see of him !!

    Lumps and bees, methinks Ratty was hovering around or in chat last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is "Gelato" and I like his lion.
    And it's spelled Brigitte Bardot not Brigit. Brigitte is a lioness in her own way too.
    As for the rest of the post, I am not quite sure what you're talking about but that's alright.
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps. Songs chosen are "Death of a disco dancer", "Life is a pigsty" and "Meat is Murder"

      I have a more reasonable list too.

      Delete
    2. I want to replace pigsty with "I'm not sorry"
      OK, I am done. Back to my hjemmebrent.

      Delete
  4. And who has got hold of MorrisseysWorld twitter account now? GWO (that's me posting this, not me who has got hold of it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that Mozzerie is the irreplaceable spirit of 1980's Morrissey. How could he not be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gelato, handsome... as for Oslo I hope he''ll perform: I'm Not Sorry, (some NEW song from what he has written) & I Will See You in Far-Off Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really hope he plays: ''People Are The Same Everywhere'' :)

      Delete
  7. Not knowing what OslO might have or not have restricted I think he'd try to do 'Meat is Murder' but doubt they would allow it. Also 'Daddy's Voice". I love his new song 'Satellite'(you're right Mr Ratty, it is one you put on repeat) so I would like him to sing that, but since he'll be in Norway, 'Scandinavia' would fit in well.''People are the Same Everywhere'.and 'Alma Matters'my other choices.I'm excited that he will be singing there and am sure he will choose, if allowed, ones he thinks are best and special to him.

    .

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive