Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Day 825 - The Big Ship Sails On

My umpteenth threat to close down my semi-mesmerizing, 'Daily Star like' blog, has worked... THE MOZZIAH IS BACK... AGAIN!


You won't be able to resist, my rodent friend - not now I've given you more free publicity on my widely-read and semi-widely respected mesmerizing Blog thing. You'll be back tomorrow before the sun sets. And I shall smile and flip a coin.

Our Mozzer



The "free publicity" of which Our Mozzer writes, is a new parody piece on MorrisseysWorld.blogspot.com, entitled 'Morrissey at the Nobel Peace Prize, Oslo, 2013'. The piece sees Our Mozzer back to his parody writing best, picking on the likes of Marcus Markou, me, Boz Boorer, Morrissey, Broken, Michael Bracewell, Judge Weeks, Nigel Davis, Jesse Tobias, Matt Walker, Solomon Walker, LizzyCat, EARS.... well, EVERYBODY really! The best line is saved for Solow, with the great quote of, "It's twats moderating bastards on behalf of a cunt."

andyanddavid
SOME SMILING BLOKE AND A CUNT

AND WITH THE SMILE GONE


Apart from Our Mozzer posting a comment on my blog, there was also a rather interesting comment left by 'Fifi', who a number of the Deluded Dozen believe to be Morrissey ...well we would, wouldn't we. Fifi's comment would seem to back up HeatherCat's surrealist theory of yesterday. Fifi writes, "Saying Morrissey and Absurde are linked is an understatement." Here is her(?) full comment:


Jean Genet was a prominent and controversial French novelist, playwright, poet, essayist, and political activist.
He directed the movie "Un chant d'amour" (A song of love) in 1950.
Because of its explicit (though artistically presented) homosexual content, the 26-minute movie was long banned and even disowned by Genet later in his life.
Un chant d'amour was quoted by Morrissey as being one of his favourite movies.
And yes, Genet wrote "theatre de l'absurde" plays and is part of the movement.
Saying Morrissey and "Absurde" are linked is an understatement.
You could also read this. It compares Genet and Morrissey in Jean-Paul Sartre's paean "Saint Genet". An interesting read. http://www.sfbg.com/38/27/lit_morrissey.html
There would be a lot to say about this and I will leave it to that.
If you want to find out more, you should wander to some obscure Parisian theatres on some cold nights. Absurde plays are not the most sought after plays these days, but you might meet a gentle soul who will convince you that life is better lived absurdly.
When I lose this concept, I know where to find him and he knows where to find me.
Good luck with whatever is next on the cards for you, Rat. Sail on, we will be waiting on the docks for your return.
"Oh the big ship sailed on the alley alley oh..." you know the song...

On your way to your new absurd world, drop your anchor at the Isle, make your way to Robin Hill. Johnny Marr will be there, I will be there and maybe good old friends will be there too. Who knows. I sure don't, I am only deluded.

Fifi xx



JEAN GENET

Fifi's Genet/Morrissey link is EXTREMELY interesting. I cannot believe how much this whole MW phenomenon has taught me. 'Un chant d'amour'/'Jean Genie': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCsOyDbUoE8

Also of extreme interest is Fifi's final paragraph:

"On your way to your new absurd world, drop your anchor at the Isle, make your way to Robin Hill. Johnny Marr will be there, I will be there and maybe good old friends will be there too."



 If this isn't a wind up, it can only mean one thing. Robin Hill is a Country Park on the Isle of Wight, but every September, for a five day period, it is taken over by Rob da Bank for 'Bestival'. Could Fifi possibly be telling us that Morrissey, Marr, and perhaps Noel Gallagher are going to play together? Gallagher is a friend of Johnny's and has recently been seen with Morrissey and Russell Brand. Morrissey and Gallagher were also both at Claridge's last Saturday. As I type this, it's starting to sound less far fetched than one might imagine. How about a 'Secret Headlining Supergroup' at next years Bestival? The band doesn't even need to have a name. No posters. No publicity. Morrissey/Marr/Gallagher/Boorer/Some old drummer.... close your eyes, and it just might happen.





And if I am wrong about Bestival, then there is always Adam Ant playing songs from Dirk Wears White Sox at Shanklin Theatre on March 29th.






And finally, one of the Deluded Dozen is showing a bit of desertion in the ranks. The omission of Morrissey's relationship with Jake Walters from the American edition of Autobiography, saw Romina take to twitter to vent her anger, and she has followed it up by accusing Morrissey of hating women and being boring. Here is Romina's comment from my blog entry of yesterday:

Thank you Rat, your post is very interesting! It's truly positive give attention to Morrissey's lyrics using classic literature gems, but sadly I think the men himself will not apreciate. I think he desires only having the same old gossip around him he's still playing like an half naked woman on a calendar who moaning:"Oh people think about me just like a sexual object..." And God only knows how much he hates women. An italian journalist wrote it better than me comparing Morrissey to our beloved Nanni Moretti playing in his second movie saying his most famous punch:" They will notice me more if I don't go to the party or if I go and stay all alone in a corner without saying a word?" In these days I can't imagine nothing more boring than Morrissey, sorry!

And now I must 'Anchors Aweigh', and sail my ship.



TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - AS BROADCAST BY @FLUFFRAT AT 12.45 PM TODAY

1. THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE CONCERT EP (PEOPLE ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE/SATELLITE OF LOVE/IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtf227eCYuw

2. STONE IS VERY VERY COLD - PRISCILLA PARIS (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdP4vIpLfHs

3. KISS ME TIGER - APRIL STEVENS (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNj0YuOlPEY

4. JE ME DONNE A QUI ME PLAIT - BRIGITTE BARDOT (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFQPtt8kJIk

5. LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU - ANN MARGRET (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReIgH_6RVv0


6. THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM - PETER O'TOOLE (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHnzYEHAow

7. AND I SAY TO MYSELF - DAVID BOWIE (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-b57Y3sGZI

8. UNA CASA IN CIMA AL MONDO - MINA (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsr0DSagbY8

9. WHY BIRDS FOLLOW SPRING - ALTON ELLIS (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9fjG8rOWUA

10. AS TEARS GO BY - NANCY SINATRA (NEW ENTRY) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJmUpoIH-g4&list=PL47B7FDD6FD64C138

7 comments:

  1. Glad your threat worked Rats, it almost feels like the good ol' days today, with the MW blog and this blog active, along with the chart countdown. Only thing missing is MW on twit, but I guess we can't have everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At a busy time of year for everyone, many thanks Rats for the brilliant Top Ten and for updating your blog.
    The prospect of the supergroup is extremely exciting.
    I really think that Solow should adopt the new tagline !
    Lots of excitement in Mozland at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I couldn't make the chart today - Xmas do at work and all that. Only just managed to catch up with MW. Great stuff! I have always said that Morrissey is my favourite teacher and he never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a smashing chart, sorry I wasn't with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you enjoyed my Genet comment. It goes to show you find more pleasure in learning about the wonderful Arts of this world than in writing vile comments on a painful forum.
    Thank you for keeping us all interested, intrigued and curious.
    You say "I cannot believe how much this whole MW phenomenon has taught me" and that should be enough to keep you writing here for all of us to enjoy.
    The MW is still there but how long before the kid has another tantrum and closes it down again?
    Interesting article about the LAX art on there today though, I must say. Shame about the lack of research! The kid is lazy. Too many "viennoiseries" I guess...
    I like this video of the artist : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srqIYLcUUsk
    Interesting use of a certain flower and a certain colour.

    Fifi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chart Rats! & I love Jean Genet's "Un chant d'amour" (A song of love) its erotic art! MW is wonderful! I really enjoyed it. I need to go read it once again...
    Happy holidays everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shizu Saldamando: running away from the mundane everyday

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive