Total Pageviews

Friday, 3 January 2014

Day 842 - Parody Moz Strikes Again With Predictions... and then buggers off.

And after 48 hours of frantic tweeting, Morrissey has once again gone.... and so has the MorrisseysWorld blog.

I managed to copy a few of my favourite tweets from yesterday before the twit account disappeared, which is just as well, because today, True-To-You has published a number of questions and answers which include a couple of HUGE coincidences, none more so than the fact that yesterday, Parody Moz tweeted that he was writing a novel, and today, TRM (The Real Morrissey) has revealed that he is.... writing a novel! HOW MANY COINCIDENCES DO THEY NEED BEFORE THEY CAN SEE WHAT IS GOING ON??? AND WHY AM I SHOUTING?

 Here are yesterday's twitter highlights from '@ParodyMorrissey' :


"I'm working on a novel."





"When one tries to analyse what exactly people don't like about me, the NME's old lies always resurface. Mud sticks. Smoke suggests fire."

"I love England because I'm English - it's a part of the fabric; it's a place I feel incredibly romantic about. Is it really so strange?"

The English, I firmly believe, are the kindest people politically - and the cruellest personally - in the world."



BEAUTIFUL ENGLAND


"@LizzyCatMoz I find that distressing. It forces me to be my private self, which is an appalling thing to be in public."

"If I walk, people point and stare, and they ask for autographs, and it's very dehumanising."

"Do you sense my overwhelming ambivalence about twitter? I am at my most fragile here."

"I can't act, but then I can't sing in the broader sense either."


"I would rather embrace the ugly truth than a pretty lie. This is the essence of my songs."

"What I love most about MorrisseysWorld is the madness of ignoring all the facts and embracing cognitive dissonance."

"The BlueRoseSociety ring, now in my bedside cabinet."



COMING TO A BEDSIDE CABINET.... NOWHERE NEAR YOU!


There is one other tweet that I didn't manage to copy, which Moz sent to GOB, informing her that the 2014 tour would be coming to a leisure centre "NEAR YOU SOON", which I took to mean he will be playing in Coventry, but does Coventry even have a leisure centre?

Here is the TTY Q&A (I have added the photos):


2 January 2014
Morrissey has answered a sixth series of questions submitted by Questions And Answers participants. These questions and Morrissey's answers are as follows.


TTY / replies : January 2014


Knowing that you are a loyal and proud vegetarian, I would like to ask you what is it that motivated you to stop eating meat for good?
MATTHEW, Preston.

If you have access to You Tube, you should click on to what is called The video the meat industry doesn't want you to see. If this doesn't affect you in a moral sense then you're probably granite. I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia. They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away. Imagine, for example, if you were in a nightclub and someone said to you "Hello, I enjoy bloodshed, throat-slitting and the destruction of life," well, I doubt if you'd want to exchange phone numbers.


Who inspired you to sing?
KARICACSARY, Fontana.

Bobby Hatfield. He was the smaller of the two Righteous Brothers, and his falsetto swoop made me jump backwards over the settee. You should You Tube their You've lost that lovin' feelin', and you'll see what I mean. When I made the record Ringleader of the tormentors, the producer (Tony Visconti), who is a very close friend of David Bowie, tried to get both Bowie and I together to do our version of You've lost that lovin' feelin', with David doing the deep Bill Medley parts, and me doing the Bobby Hatfield shrieks. I loved this idea, but David wouldn't budge. I know I've criticized David in the past, but it's all been snotnosed junior high ribbing on my part. I think he knows that.

SNOT NOSED RIBBING


I think a lot of young people, including myself, find it hard to be truly themselves. Your music has helped me immensely on this issue. What would your advice be to the younger generation on how to accept yourself?
RÓISÍN, Dunfermline.

I don't think we ever do! I think we all die feeling apologetic and embarrassed. I'm as much of a mess now as I was when I was 16. There are too many forces telling us we aren't good enough - music critics, bank managers, the police, the judiciary, ex-wives ... do you have the nerve to tell them all to get stuffed? That's the only thing that will do it. The sociological arrangements of the western world rely exclusively on people NOT being their true selves. Otherwise, they couldn't be governed and frightened and lost and timid – as most people unfortunately are. You can't control people by telling them to be themselves. As soon as people decide to be themselves, the police reach for their stun guns, and governments roll out the tanks ... Egypt, Bahrain, Thailand, Brazil, Ukraine, Syria ... the very last thing we are encouraged to be is ourselves. This is why it's always so shocking when someone stands up and gives an honest opinion. In all cases, such people are criticized by the print media, but never applauded.




I love your voice and your sense of humor. Can you please share your inspiration for the song The more you ignore me, the closer I get?
LATICIA, Houston.

About once every nine years I get the feeling that it's more important to have someone's body rather than their friendship. Once you have their spirit you then want their body. Well, this has never worked for me. But it was the galloping wisdom when I wrote that song.




After your Asian tour, and seeing how big the fans are in Asia, would you come back again?
PITO, Jakarta.

I've begged so much to go back that it now hurts. I was never happier than in Jakarta. People always talk about Los Angeles as my true family, but Jakarta puts Los Angeles in a Sara Lee trance, which, when you consider how much I love Los Angeles, certainly says something. It was great to have a new slice of life, and I will never forget the audience. But to go back you must wait to be asked, and so far I haven't been asked. All I can do is urge other singers and other bands to go to Jakarta, because it's the heart of the new world.




I was lucky enough to see you in Istanbul in July 2012. It was an amazing night, very intense, and it was a dream come true. How was it to be in Istanbul, and what do you think about the audience and the concert?
MELIS, Istanbul.

Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul. It is second to Rome as my most favorite city in the world. When I'm in Istanbul I feel as if I could never die. My life is matched. I have been trying to book the Istanbul Opera House, and I long to play Ankara, Izmir and Bursa, but local promoters say I am not well-known enough. Even if I sing to one hundred people in Izmir I'd be happy!







I thank you with all of my heart for changing my life. How do you feel knowing that many lives have changed because of you?
ORESTES, Greece.

I think it means that you have expressed your best moments in Art. Not in relationships or romance or sex or economics. But when you succeed in Art it is really destiny taking the lead. At least when you have an audience you can say you've lived, and the audience are the proof, and it's something that even the most jealous critic cannot take away from you. They'll try, of course.





Did you ever think your words would have such an impact in so many different cultures in all parts of the world?
ERIC, Syracuse.

No! But having toured so extensively in recent years I am shocked to see large audiences everywhere chanting the words back at me - from Hiroshima to Wellington to Singapore City to Seoul to Malmo to Krakow to Tel-Aviv. I am not given credit for being a universal voice, yet I see the incredible results all around me. If a record company ever promoted me on a worldwide level it would explode. I have never been with a label that saw me as anything but an oddity. I am not at all odd. I am simply speaking for now.




I am a fashion head and I adore your look as much as your music. Where do you get your influences from?
KATIE, Cork.

When I was a kid - yes, a kid! - I was greatly fascinated by people such as the New York Dolls and Lou Reed and Patti Smith and Iggy Pop who gave new definitions of sexuality. But the truth is that I have always loved very defined male clothes and styles. You possibly haven't heard of Fabian because he's practically pre-history these days, but I loved the way he dressed in his heyday. I always loved traditionally masculine suits and accoutrements and classically designed trousers. I don't like the modern urban peasant look and my mind stalls at clothes that don't work with the physical contours. It's important to know what suits you, otherwise you look like a buffoon ... or a baboon ... take your pick.








What kind of music do you listen to when you're not listening to your own?
ØYSTEIN, Norway.

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever stop listening to music. I listen so much that it worries me. I lie in the bath and I shout my head off. The range of music is vast, but lately I keep listening to I really loved Harold and also Johnny boy by Melanie Safka. Music can bring vegetables to life, and I should know because I'm a vegetable.




The law that has passed that bans any cosmetic testing on animals in the EU is fantastic for the welfare of animals. What new laws would you like to see passed for the welfare of animals?
AMBER, Derby.

I would like all governments to be forced to engage an Animal Protectionist MP. I would like a complete zoo and circus ban. I would like every television commercial that promotes 'flesh-food' to be followed by a commercial showing how the living pig and the living cow become the supermarket commodity, step by step. I would like the Queen of England to be asked why she wears an electrocuted bear-cub on her head. I would like to ask all so-called celebrity chefs why they believe that animals should have no right to live. If Jamie 'Orrible is so certain that flesh-food is tasty then why doesn't he stick one of his children in a microwave? It would taste the same as cooked lamb. The singer Cilla Black recently appeared on television telling us how she was preparing leg of lamb for dinner, and since a lamb is a baby, I wondered what kind of mind Cilla Black could possibly have that would convince her that eating a baby is OK. On another TV program an actor called Jeremy Edwards explained how excited he was at the discovery in Siberia of preserved Woolly Mammoths with enough DNA (flowing blood) to resurrect the animals - which have obviously been extinct for thousands of years. Edwards was excited by this because he said "I'd really like to try a Mammoth burger." This, alas, is typical of the human idiot. Although the meat industry alone is destroying the planet, I would like to ask President Obama why he says nothing on the subject. Although the meat industry puts an intolerable strain on the medical profession I would like to ask world leaders why they say nothing on the subject. Although meat products are killing off half the human race very speedily, I would like to ask world leaders why they do not care in the least. Money, and only money, makes the world go around. I would also like to ask meat-eaters why they are so certain that animals deserve such barbaric and horrific treatment. I would like to ask meat-eaters why they believe that animals should not have any rights to live their own lives, whilst humans fiercely demand a god-given right to live as they wish simply by reason of their birth alone.



CILLA BLACK



You are one of the few personalities in modern times who have really influenced my thinking about art and life. Have you ever thought about writing a novel?
HANNA, Germany.

In 2013 I published my Autobiography and it has been more successful than any record I have ever released, so, yes, I am mid-way through my novel. I have my hopes. The actuality is that radio stations will not play my music, and the majority of people have lost faith in the music industry, and it's generally assumed - quite rightly - that the number one chart positions are "bought" by the major labels, so there really is no passion left in pop or rock music, and I don't think people believe for an instant that the faces we constantly see on television and in magazines are remotely popular. It's all, now, solely a question of marketing. All success stories are safe and dreary, and you will never be taken by surprise by a hit song that sounds out of place. This is not just my view but the view of everyone I know.




If you were to choose one favorite song that you've written, which would it be and why?
JULIA, Philippines.

It would be Life is a pigsty from Ringleader of the tormentors. I'm accused of always saying too much, but dear God, there are enough people who saynothing. Surely at least one of us can be allowed to speak freely? Feelings, I think, are much deeper than expressions, and all of us carry a terrible loneliness within us, and life is a pigsty because we all - without exception - end our lives in tears. Very few people die in a fit of hysterics on a Ferris Wheel.


PORCILE



What achievement are you most proud of in your life?
PADDY, Stockport.

Many people have told me that they stopped eating flesh because of something I said. I can't ask higher than that, and I wouldn't aim for higher than that. If you believe in the abattoir then you would support Auschwitz. There's no difference. People who would disagree with this statement have probably never been inside an abattoir.




What question do you secretly wish an interviewer would ask you, and what would the answer be?
ASH, York.

I haven't done an interview with a British music magazine since 2007, so the process doesn't drill through my head anymore. As an entity, I have no interest in the Smiths, so as long as I'm not asked about the Smiths, I won't slip into permanent unconsciousness. And that's a promise.



Here are some of today's tweets from Parody Morrissey:

"Yesterday on Twitter I revealed I am writing my novel. Now on True-To-You Morrissey says the same. Coincidence again - nothing more."

"Just like Years of Refusal statement in 2011." - This is in reference to:

26 DECEMBER 2011 - '@MorrisseysWorld' tweeted to say, "Years of Refusal may come to be viewed as my masterpiece when the lights finally Go Out."

27 DECEMBER 2011 - Morrissey issues a statement completely out of the blue on the True To You website listing 'Years of Refusal' as the album of which he is most proud.

"You will also remember I tweeted the single word 'Istanbul' as MorrisseysWorld. The reason was never given. BlueRoseSociety."


"Life is so absurd, it cannot actually be real - can it?"


"BlueRoseSociety is ONLY for those who care. Do you see why the blog and twitter keep closing? Why I don't want 10 000 followers?"

When Parody Moz entered into a debate with '@hrtbps' about a newspaper headline, Moz got quite annoyed that instead of debating, the guy wanted to report him for having a 'view'. Moz tweeted:

"Nothing is more gratuitously violent than state censorship of opinions. It's an unnecessary evil."

He then added:

"Those dreadful children reported my account and had it suspended - despite engaging me in debate. They're cowards and censors."

He continued:

"This is the mindset of the vacuous censor - no argument, only censorship, whether just or not."

And continued:

"This immature approach from incompletely developed adults proposes government replaces parents - to monitor the playground that is society."

AND THIS IS JUST A PARODY? Here are some more tweets:

"I am not Morrissey. The fact I put out the novel/album news 24 hours before True-To-You is pure luck. Nothing more."

"Love is an ersatz version of like. If you like someone there is absolutely no need to tell yourself you love them."

"Limited ambition and a taste for comfort induce contentment. True artists have unlimited ambition and ask difficult, disquieting questions."

"Contentment is worse than carbon monoxide for the quality of one's art."

"Art is not a market. It's a passion."

"My wit is aching. I need some rest. Perhaps I'll persue @richardm56 's account." (Richard Madeley!)

The account then went dead, and this appeared on my blog:

Morrissey3 January 2014 11:41
And then I was gone.
ReplyDelete


And so that's it. He came, he tweeted, he buggered off again..... and STILL nobody could see.

And finally for today, just as 'Parody Moz' disappears into the sunset, Fifi (who I deludedly believe to be Moz) appears back on my blog, with this comment:


Hello little charmers!

It's funny to see how a cold breeze in the neck and rainy days can spur creativity.

I know you have not posted (yet) about the TTY Q&A but do you mind if I share a thought about this?
I happen to have a photo of Fabian (the fashion reference mentioned on TTY) from the movie 'A bullet for pretty boy' and it always reminded me of 'You are the Quarry'
I don't know if the inspiration behind the sleeve was ever revealed and if so, I might be completely wrong.
What do you think? (Sorry I cannot post actual photos on here so I found the photo I am talking about on ebay) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabian-Forte-1970-Original-Movie-Photo-Pretty-Boy-Floyd-/350333901136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5191871950

Fifi







Is Fifi wrong? Somehow, I doubt it. Goodbye.

59 comments:

  1. good heavens, you have been busy whiskers, love the fact that he has come and gone..still whistling *still they wont believe us*... psst looking for a jasper conran coat, last seen enjoying a few snifters in Altrincham

    ReplyDelete
  2. good research fifi.. just where did you POP up from

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You and he had a nice long chat. Didn't he nominate you as BRS inner circle? Whatever that means.

      Delete
  4. amazing rat but you missed his tweet saying the new album was definitely coming out in 2014! Has someone got that?

    How can it be coincidence?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first tweet about the album appeared when someone asked him if a new album would be coming out, and he said that one would be coming this year. After the Q&A appeared, I tweeted him about the 'coincidence' and he replied to me, confirming it. I think that was the tweet Rat copied above about the YOR statement. It's missing the first sentence, which mentioned the new album 'coincidence'.

      Delete
    2. don't think the album is a surprise, didn't jesse say in Texas that they had been working on one

      Delete
    3. In 'Uncut', Jesse said that Moz had 2 albums' worth of material ready to record, but he didn't say there were any definite plans to record. At the 25Live screening in Texas, Gustavo said there were hopes to record and/or tour in 2014, but again, no definite plans were mentioned. Maybe something else was said that I'm not aware of.

      Delete
  5. Of course Coventry has got a leisure centre! Lol! It would be amazing to see Morrissey near here. God knows I have asked him a few times now to play the Warwick Arts Centre. Time as ever...

    These are some of my favourite tweets - I especially liked his interaction with Boy George:

    1. Boy George ‏@BoyGeorge
    @MorrisseyParody @twitter is the perfect platform for a man of the people! Why would you not use it! Joining in is not surrender!

    2. morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    @BoyGeorge Once one has thrown one's arms around Paris and one's legs around @BoyGeorge what is left? A left hook around @NiallOfficial ?

    3. Boy George ‏@BoyGeorge
    @MorrisseyParody @NiallOfficial No, it's Liam from @oneerection that requires attention! Lol!

    4. morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    @BoyGeorge @NiallOfficial @oneerection Liam is your favourite? I had you down as a Harry Styles man.

    5. Boy George ‏@BoyGeorge
    @MorrisseyParody @NiallOfficial @oneerection I think Liam has issues! Lol!

    6. Andie..... ‏@andybruce1962
    @BoyGeorge @MorrisseyParody @NiallOfficial @oneerection no issues George just tissues !!x


    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    @TheRatsBack Autobiography was nothing but an in-joke. I'm amazed nobody 'got' it, but then journalists don't have a lot up top.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    Only the few will find me now. The unfortunate few.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    I will continue to generate controversy, poetry and enmity. I will never change.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the poetic one but can't remember it properly. I also loved his line about art

      bad art takes over one's life, good art changes one's life, great art replaces one's life.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for copying all these tweets, Sabine. It's wonderful to have these on record. Related to the autobiography, he also mentioned that his memoirs (which are not ironic in intent, I presume) will be published posthumously. He had made a comment along the same lines in chat a few weeks ago.

      Delete
    3. Yes thank you Sabine, I thought we would never get to read those again, their all wonderful

      Delete
  6. morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    Though it would be quite surreal, I can see myself as an X Factor judge.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    I could simply frown throughout, and occasionally puff out my cheeks or raise an eyebrow.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    Despair equals suffering multiplied by intelligence, multiplied by number of friends and children, divided by number of pets.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    Time is short and wishing is more costly than gold.

    morrissey ‏@MorrisseyParody
    The purpose of life - if indeed there is a purpose - is to strip away this mental window-dressing and simply live

    ReplyDelete
  7. not the first time that the old x factor judge has been mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not that it matters, but I recall the Istanbul tweet not as a single word ‘Istanbul’ but as ‘Istanbul, Istanbul’. Delighted to hear that one of the new tracks is called ‘Istanbul’, but hope that this does not mean that my beloved Scandinavia is elbowed aside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's an album of place name titles?

      Delete
    3. Hehe you could be right! Remember the MWblog posting that just said 'France'. An album of Morrisseys World. That has to be too obvious.

      Delete
  9. Missed a lot of the tweeting, but have to shamefully admit that I guffawed about the one where he said that he tripped while running up the stairs and hit himself in the eye with his laptop and could not see anyone’s tweets. Thought I was the only person daft enough to have ever done that.
    Question is: where was he running up the stairs to?
    And now we are on the l~OO~k out for a hairy backed blogger with an eye patch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. brill tweets! Love the ones about x factor! I can almost see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a grand experience to be there AGAIN, we have so much to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say it was one of better rampages, a lot packed into a short visit. Even then I seem to have missed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. its all very exciting , going to be an exciting yr!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I vote for an image of Bill Hunter from Muriel's Wedding as the new album's cover star.

    Go to 2,10 on this delightful clip http://aso.gov.au/titles/features/muriels-wedding/clip1/ for oblique MW reference.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were blessed to have OurMoz tweeting for nigh on 2 days. It was wonderful to behold.
    Alas retweets and favourites have gone to the Twitter backroom, perhaps for ever.
    Without fawning, thank you so much M, you are still surprising after all this time.
    The prospect of a novel, tour and album is very exciting.
    2014 is the year of Morrissey !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope according to jesse he had a hand in some of the songs

      Delete
  17. It has been another memorable few days for BRS. Our Mozzer blows me away at times with his stunning words & wit.
    With the mouth watering prospect of a novel, new album & hopefully a tour we have rosy times ahead of us.

    Good to see @greyergirl back amongst us again :)


    ReplyDelete
  18. I went for a walk on Wimbledon Common thinking about the, at times moving exchange with @MorrisseyParody, and the song 'BLUE Spanish Eyes' popped into my head by Al Martino. I love that song. I actually have it. It then occurred to me, whilst communing with the trees on the Common, that the list of songs he posted have a 'BLUE' connection:

    Bobby Hatfiled - Out of the BLUE
    Jimmy Jones - BLUE and Lonely
    General Johnson - Veitnam BLUES
    Buffy Sainte Marie - Soldier BLUE
    Elvis - BLUE Suede Shoes
    Matt Monroe - When Sunny gets BLUE
    Melanie Safka - I'm so BLUE
    Tim Buckley - BLUE Afternoon

    Klaus Nomi is a more obscure link but he did cover "Falling in Love Again" which was a Dietrich song in 'the BLUE Angel' and I'd like to add that my father named his first business - a chip shop in Erdington - 'The Blue Angel' - after seeing the film! It's still there... where my life began.

    Timi Yuro's final live performance was at Gregs BLUE Dot in Hollywood.

    Need to Google the other missing links... to see.

    You see! Talking to the trees does work! I want an apology please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Marcus - I might start communing with the trees myself!
      Timi Yuro is considered to be a 'blue-eyed soul' singer and she sang 'Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea'. A couple more songs for the list:

      Dawn Upshaw - Little Girl Blue
      Levi Stubbs (with The Four Tops) - Whenever There's Blue

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. There you go. Blue was the clue

      Delete
    4. There you go. Blue was the clue

      Delete
    5. In addition to singing 'Blue Spanish Eyes' and 'Red Roses for a Blue Lady', Al Martino also sang 'Love is Blue', which has been covered by many artists, including The Spinners. Philippe Wynne (#3 on the revered singers list) sang with The Spinners, although apparently not when they recorded 'Love is Blue', so I don't know if that's enough of a connection. I couldn't find any other 'blue' songs associated with him.

      The only other singer on the list who hasn't been accounted for is Damien Dempsey, who sang the Dublin GAA anthem, which is entitled 'True Blue'. If anyone is aware of any other 'blue clues' connected with these singers, we'd love to hear about them.

      Delete
    6. Marcus, did you know that the tree-hugging Steve Hillage (obviously no. 16 on Morrissey's list) was a co-writer of The Orb's Blue Room?

      Delete
    7. Goodness, well done & thank you Marcus! Btw I love Blue Spanish Eyes too :)

      Delete
    8. Timi Yuro was known as a "blue eyed soul" artist - although I'm yet to find a colour photo of her with blue eyes.

      Delete
    9. 'Moody Blue' is another 'blue' related Elvis song.

      Monti

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. Chuck, thanks for taking your skepticism into research. I was thinking along similar lines. Blue is indeed a popular theme in lyrics and song titles: hence I was able to find a Steve Hillage connection to blue in a title. Nearly 100%, though, is way above the random sample average (but the closest to a Timi Yuro blue song title I can find is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRo5TKV_aCA ).

      Delete
  19. I have been observing from the sidelines for quite sometime. All in all, it seems this is very real. I do long to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to join in - newcomers are welcome.

      Delete
    2. Come & say hello. You will find a warm welcome :)

      Delete
    3. Jump on in with a name . We are friendly here ! Welcome.

      Delete
  20. Fascinating about the colour blue link. Great research everyone, particularly Heather and Marcus.
    This has been a very interesting day 842 on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If most/all of the singers are connected to blue, maybe they or something else in the statement are also connected to 'rose' as 'blue rose' was meant to be a theme?

    Anyone know?

    Jed the Bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roses do appear to be a theme. So far I've found:

      Elvis - Mama Liked the Roses
      Timi Yuro - Honeysuckle Rose
      Matt Monro - Roses, Roses and Roses
      Dawn Upshaw - Roses ardentes & Dans un parfum de roses blanches
      Tim Buckley - Sally Go Round the Roses
      Buffy Sainte-Marie has a rose named after her.

      Delete
    2. I haven't been able to find any more songs with 'rose' titles (doesn't mean they're not out there), but I have found two songs that mention roses in the lyrics. Melanie Safka wrote 'The First Time I Loved Forever', the theme song for the 'Beauty and the Beast' TV series, which mentions the rose that is essential to that story by Cocteau. Levi Stubbs (with The Four Tops) sang 'Love the One You're With', which mentions a 'rose in the fisted glove' in the chorus. Maybe some of the other revered singers have rose-related lyrics or other connections but I haven't found an easy way to search for them.

      Delete
  22. WOW! This is incredible! Morrissey is sending US messages by thinking up lists of artists with a connection to the colour BLUE! It's not the first time he's done this either. Look at the list of artists on his Desert Island Discs choice. New York Dolls, Marianne Faithful, Ramones, Velvet underground, Klaus Nomi, Nico, Iggy and Mott The Hoople. ALL of them have song titles or connections to BLUE. Go ahead, Google it if you don't believe me!!
    Morrissey formed the blue Rose Society long before we were here. He was just waiting for us. Why can't people SEE this? They are missing out. They can't see the wood for the trees!!! None so blind as those that cannot see!!!
    Do the same with this list from 2010!! You'll find BLUE connections with EACH artist

    http://www.stereogum.com/525172/morrisseys-13-favorite-songs-of-all-time/list/

    He even lists number 6 as Buffy Sainte-Marie, Soldier BLUE. Just as Marcus googled so accurately. Genius Marcus. GENIUS!!

    WOW! I'm mindblown! Morrissey talks to us! US!! Little old US!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rat visit me on twitter! I just discovered a Linder interview where she explains the meaning of 'roses' says she got into roses 2 years ago - when things were hotting up on MorrisseysWorld - and Morrissey sings in background of interview! She wears red rose t-shirt and 2 pieces of blue rose art! Linder = MW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly see her having a hand in it. That would explain some of the collage images that have been on the MW blog...

      Delete
    2. Isn't Linder married to Mikey Bracewell? Or was at least? I am sure I read that somewhere ages ago unless I am completely barking up the wrong tree...

      Delete
    3. Girl On Bike, Mikey and Linder were not married but 'partners' at some point.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/storeygallery/3098324974/
      I am glad someone finally mentions Linder and the roses.

      Fifi

      Delete
    4. Thanks for that, Fifi. I wasn't sure if I was going mad or not!

      Delete
    5. We are all mad. But that's OK.
      F

      Delete
  24. This is always the best place to get away from the grim... thank you Ratty & BRS Its all great stuff u guys got going there. So wonder when will the rest of the world really believe its M. (TRM)
    PS has anyone heard the BS this David Bret has been saying about Morrissey? I don't care about negative views ppl have on Moz, but this was just really getting to me... http://davidbretbiographer.blogspot.com/2014/01/open-letter-to-capitol-records.html?zx=86b6021d010a6646 also http://davidbretbiographer.blogspot.com/2014/01/disgusted-by-morrissey-man-i-once.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the link.

      I felt obliged to defend our Seminal Artiste. I wonder if the nice Mr Bret will publish my comment on the open letter to Capitol records?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Mozziah Archive