Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Day 874 - Viva Italia

The draw for the 2014 European Cup has been made, and the Blue Rose Society have managed to get the tie they'd been hoping for.... The Morrissey Band.

The tie, which hasn't officially been announced yet, and was first predicted by 'Broken Morrissey' (and Fifi) at the weekend, will take place in the summer, and will be played over two legs. Although the venues haven't yet been confirmed, it is believed that the first leg of the tie will be played on Monday July 28th, at the Teatro Antico on the STUNNING Sicilian hillside of Taormina, with the return leg possibly being played on Sunday September 7th, on the equally STUNNING Isle of Wight.

Here is our resident Italian Blue Roser, Romina, with the details of the Italian venue:

 this are concerts in Teatro Antico. Taormina is famous. important gigs all summer! in Taormina there are the best cultural events in the summer. Classic Teathre. classic and modern music, film and tv prize. think it's very big. is the old greek teathre. now i'll control, just a moment.... 4500 seats. it was built for 10000, but with modern standards the capacity is reduced. of course is open air, greek arena. There's a lot of space between stage and seats, it would be possible stay very close to the stage, but it depends by security.


TEATRO ANTICO IN TAORMINA SICILY - PINCH ME MOTHER












Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_theatre_of_Taormina

WOW! Simply WOW! The main problem for me, if this venue and date is confirmed, is one of logistics, as I HAVE to be in England on Sunday July 27th, for the opening day of the England v India test match at Southampton, but where there is a will....!

The reason I believe the return leg of the tie will be on the Isle of Wight, is because of a Log Lady prediction, but I may of course be wrong. Before the MorrisseysWorld blog closed it's doors, the resident soothsayer, 'Margret 'Log Lady' Lanterman' (formerly of Twin Peaks fame) had told us that Morrissey would play the Isle of Wight this year, and it is possible that Log Lady may have repeated this prediction yesterday! Let me explain.

Late yesterday evening, just before last orders, Log Lady made her debut in the Twitterdilly Arms. She strolled in through the saloon doors, log in hand, to announce the following:

My Log will have something to say about this. Do you know my log?
Morrissey is among us. He is here now.
Eggs are white on the outside and usually have one yellow yolk in the center. The egg white consists of two layers with different density.
Two death doors will open gently. You will see them ajar and five musicians are beyond. Morrissey will mention France again.



THE PROFILE PIC ON THE ACCOUNT - WHO THE F**K IS THAT??

I believe that the statement about the egg could relate to the Isle of Wight. Log Lady has said that the egg white has two layers with differing density, well, the Isle of Wight has TWO large festivals, with different capacities. The only headliner act that hasn't yet been announced (to my knowledge), is for the Sunday night of Bestival, on September 7th. Could it be? And if it is, then it should also be remembered that Log Lady ALSO announced on the MW blog, that Johnny Marr and 'old friends' would also be there! Could it be that the 30 year anniversary ISN'T going to go unrecognized after all?




Following Log Lady's announcement, she took a swift sip of Kellie the Crisp's gin, and promptly left the Twitterdilly Arms. Following her departure, Astraea headed to the jukebox, where she found Fifi quietly gazing at the selection cards. Morrissey was indeed among us. A celebratory party broke out in the Twit Arms, with Astraea spinning the discs and holding court. The evening produced this:

TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - WITH MOST OF THE SONGS SELECTED BY ASTRAEA (@FadingGoldLeaf)

1. FANTASTIC BIRD - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY (LOLS TO SELF AT SPACE JOKE)) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7Hhs9g4s8

2. LOVE KITTEN - APRIL STEVENS (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4IhTVTZ8XI

3. THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKIN' - NANCY SINATRA (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

4. TU VEUX OU TU VEUX PAS - BRIGITTE BARDOT (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQUvWerAww8

5. FEVER - ANNE MARGRET (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzPMrnq_6EE

6. THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD - DAVID BOWIE (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x5OubSeb-U

7. DREAMY LADY - T REX (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXPfrsi6Qs

8. SO LITTLE TIME - DIANA DORS (RE-ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw95vueZ0iE

9. BABY LOVER - PETULA CLARK (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEya6KCHCuI

10. QUESTIONS IN A WORLD OF BLUE (FROM FIRE WALK WITH ME) - JULEE CRUSE (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCV_kTjuguQ

BUBBLING UNDER:

11. THERE'S A GUY WORKS DOWN THE CHIP SHOP - KIRSTY MACCOLL (NEW ENTRY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDb2bNHBVSs

Also played in the Twitterdilly Arms was this:
ANDY WARHOL AND CANDY DARLING INTERVIEW (This is fantastic. PLEASE WATCH) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Y__YzQkog


CANDY AND ANDY

So, back to the European tie. How can we expect the two sides to line up? The Morrissey Band team should be pretty straight forward, with the only question mark being over the man at the very back. It is expected that this position will be filled by Matt Waker, who has recently rejoined the MB after a spell away from the game.

With Walker now back in the squad, we are expecting to see the following line up:

1. Matt Walker (Goalkeeper/Drummer)
2. Boz Boorer (Clogging Right Back/Musical Director/Head of Catering/Guitar/Clarinet/Cross Dresser)
3. Gustavo Manzur (Left Back/Keyboards/Translator)
4. Liam Nammock (Holding Midfielder (usually around the neck)/Personal Bodyguard to the Moz/Hard Bastard/Driver/Licensed Thug)
5. Solomon Walker (Centre Back/Bass Guitar/Dumb Waiter/Singer of Backing Vocals on Maladjusted)
6. Jesse Tobias (Centre Back who likes to show flair by pushing forward. A modern day Bobby Moore/Guitars/Looks)
7. Donnie Knutson (Midfielder/Tour Manager/Rider Provider/Rose Supplier)
8. Jay Joannides (Midfielder... likes to get stuck in alongside Nammock/Roadie/Security)
9. Damon 'Kevin Phillips' Anacreonte (Centre Forward...the only genuine footballer in the side/Hairdresser... have you been on your holidays this year?/Encourager)
10. George 'Morrissey' Best (Attack!/Playmaker/Genius/Singer/Defender of the defenseless)
11. Arturo Hernandez (Nifty Winger(?)/Security/Man Mountain)
12. Kristeen Young (Playmaker/Singer/Professional Wailer)









The Blue Rose Society line up will not be so straight forward, as it will depend on availability, and many of the squad will be ruled out on traveling distance. It is highly unlikely that the following will be available; HeatherCat, Vulgar Angie, President Kyle, Father Brian, Clover Dean, Kelly the Crisp or Comrade Harps.

The anticipated line up is as follows:

1. John 'Loughton Lil' Gill
2. Emotional Air raid
3. Big Mick
4. Garry Baldy
5. Midlife Matt (without STS, who will be 8 months pregnant)
6. Romina Ricci
7. MancLad
8. GWO
9. Rosy Mires (On loan)
10. Rat
11. Edge of Industrial Guy

Embedded image permalink
BIG MICK - COACH DRIVER.... ALTHOUGH, HAVING SEEN HIS DRIVING, AND AS THIS IS THE ITALIAN JOB, AND AS SICILY IS HILLY.... PERHAPS NOT!

Our squad looks weak, so if anybody else fancies a game, please leave comment that you are planning to go, and you shall be added to the squad. I am hoping that Marcus Markou will reverse his decision to leave the BRS, as we need his flair. He is the only true artist among us. Yes, Marcus, this is my way of accepting your apology, but I doubt you will be reading it.

What we lack on the field, we can more than make up for with our style on the terraces of the Teatro Antico. We shall dress with style. Here is the kit I wore to Long Island last year, which would of course be too cliche to wear to Italy:

Embedded image permalink


ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Astraea doesn't just play incredible music in The Twitterdilly Arms, she also posts great pictures on the walls. I often have no clue who they are. For example, I didn't have a clue that these two pictures below were of Catherine Deneuve, and before anybody asks, NO, I haven't ever watched The Hunger.

As I've said all along, I was never a Bowie fan, I'm a Moz fan. There are many of Bowie's songs that I love, but I was too young for him to be 'mine' in 1972, and I have never made a point of watching or listening to all his work. I know I should, and one day I will, but the beauty of life is that it comes in stages, and in the next stage of my life, when my kids have left home, and work isn't so necessary, I shall read and watch many, many things. There shall be no rotting away in my retirement years, I am fully aware there are things I want to discover, and I know where they are hidden.

I have SO much to look forward to. SO many films to watch, SO many songs to discover, and I will be discovering them for the first time, which ALWAYS manages to thrill. There is no need to panic; I don't want to try and consume too much, too quickly, I want to breathe it all in, one song at a time, one movie at a time.... and savour it all. Catherine Deneuve's whole career has just been added to my list. Oh, Heart.





Astraea also posted this Cocteau picture:

Embedded image permalink

It isn't just Astraea that puts up posters in The Arms, Comrade Harps has been slapping some up too. Hre is one he posted the other day of Jean C with actress, Anna Magnani:

Embedded image permalink
COCTEAU WITH ANNA MAGNANI



.... AND ON THE SET OF LA VOCE UMANA

One of the element members of the BRS, EARS (aka Air or Wind), hasn't posted too many comments lately, so it was lovely to have her post this the other day:
More fascinating Cocteau connections, thank you all for your contributions.
Heather you have expressed so beautifully the definition of blue rose. As I have said previously I have always felt safe within our community to be myself. This is a rare experience for me & one I will always treasure.
We have something so unique & special here. Let us embrace it with the love & care it deserves.
Wise words floating in the wind.

It was also great to receive a comment yesterday from Kellie the Crisp in Australia. The BRS really IS a global family, and as I stated on twitter today, this is no longer MY blog, it is 'Ours'. Here is Kellie's comment:
Kellie the Crisp4 February 2014 01:29
Very interesting reading as always. Rat I'm honestly sorry I don't post comments here often as much of the time I don't understand a lot of the concepts or know the people (Cocteau) that you are referring to. It more often than not leads me to research them to gain an understanding but I am always miles behind you lot (in SO many ways) so could rarely offer anything of interest or insight to comment on. I just hope that you Rat and all know that I am still part of the BRS in my heart and follow as best as I can with enthusiasm where IQ points and time permits.

My love always,
Kellie the Crisp
(The dim member who LIVES for the day when she is featured in a FTM blog photo behind the bar at the Arms or dancing on it or asleep under it whatever is appropriate or inappropriate).
Stephanie is fairly new to the whole BRS thing, so it was great to receive comment from her yesterday too:
Great as ever Rat! This is all so very exciting-goose bumps exciting. First off I want to say what a pleasure it has been to come into contact with such great people and of course Morrissey himself! I think I may just have a permanent grin. Yesterday I witnessed for myself the July tweet and thought "wait, is this something?" Sure enough, what's in today's news-a July concert! Looking forward to more!

Harrison also left comment:
Rat, Our Moz was certainly on fire with this wonderful weekend of tweeting. We are certainly fortunate to be able interact with his creative intellect. Its amazing so few can see or choose to believe. Thanks for documenting things so thoroughly. I very much appreciate the time you put in organizing all of the different threads that are going on in The BRS.

One of the very original MorrisseysWorlders also took time to leave comment yesterday:
Morrissey hints that something might happen in July and this the next day about a date in Italy in July!

He also mentioned tour dates yesterday!

The coincidences never end, so for those of us here every day, we know it's him! How can you doubt after owl eyes, tour predictions, Falklands speech, OK signs and even the novel and new album announced on twitter 24 hours before on True To You?!

Class - in the future historians will debate the meaning of MW and why he chose to do this!!!

Still pinching myself that I'm here.

Sad to see Sabine leave the BRS. She was always polite to me.

Jon
One final lot of comments from yesterday that I feel compelled to post is this one, which unforunately is anonymous, although the reason for the anonymity might be that it was from Moz, and he didn't want to appear conceited, although I'm not sure that being seen as conceited would overly bother him. In fact, I'm not sure that being seen as anything would ever bother him!:
My favourite Morrissey quote over the weekend:

"Punctuality is the pride of the prejudiced. For the beautiful, it matters not at all."

"Friendship is consistently disappointing, but unfortunately not sufficiently disappointing to make us abandon it altogether."

There were so many.

Arguably his wittiest time ever.

Blue Rose member, Father Brian (@MozIsMyShepherd) has drawn my attention to this interesting little story, that he was telling to a few others the other day:

I'm gonna sound crazy but u want a story about back then? On the 2nd prior to the Hollywood high, me and Broken were tweeting about Carly being born, my last tweet was "A new Morrissey fan will be born this weekend." In live25, during November, a baby crying is used and MOZ checks his watch during it. Carly was Born the next Morning - idk?

And on the subject of coincidences, Clover Dean has posted this on her blog, MozzeriansAroundTheWorld.Tumblr.Com:

Remember this photo of Morrissey at the Steve Cochran star in Hollywood, CA posted on ‘True To You’ in Dec. 2013? See at:  http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131222_01 

An anonymous source telling me this photo taken of Morrissey in Hollywood exactly at 1750 Vine St. This photo was taken way back in July, it’s at the foot of the Capitol Record building!  Was Morrissey trying to give us a hint on what would be his signing with Harvest/Capitol Records & the month it was taken, (July) now that a Morrissey tour is schedule for  Italy in July 2014?? Can it be true?  Is it to much of a coincidence? We will have to wait & see…
Thank you to ‘Anonymous’ Morrissey at Steve Cochran photo by TTY  http://true-to-you.net/

REMEMBER THIS PHOTO OF MORRISSEY AT THE STEVE COCHRAN STAR IN HOLLYWOOD, CA POSTED ON ‘TRUE TO YOU’ IN DEC. 2013? SEE AT: HTTP://TRUE-TO-YOU.NET/MORRISSEY_NEWS_131222_01
AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE TELLING ME THIS PHOTO TAKEN OF MORRISSEY IN HOLLYWOOD EXACTLY AT 1750 VINE ST. THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN WAY BACK IN JULY, IT’S AT THE FOOT OF THE CAPITOL RECORD BUILDING! WAS MORRISSEY TRYING TO GIVE US A HINT ON WHAT WOULD BE HIS SIGNING WITH HARVEST/CAPITOL RECORDS & THE MONTH IT WAS TAKEN, (JULY) NOW THAT A MORRISSEY TOUR IS SCHEDULE FOR ITALY IN JULY 2014?? CAN IT BE TRUE? IS IT TO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE? WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT & SEE…
THANK YOU TO ‘ANONYMOUS’
MORRISSEY AT STEVE COCHRAN PHOTO BY TTY HTTP://TRUE-TO-YOU.NET/


I should add at this point, that somebody (was it Our Mozzer?) made reference to there being a BLUE ROSE in the reflection of the sunglasses in the above photo. For some reason, I didn't get around to blogging about it at the time (I think I was on my Christmas break), but although I am sure it must just be a reflection of the blue sky in those glasses, it DOES look like a BLUE ROSE in shape. Coincidences, Coincidences, Coincidences. Jigsaw, jigsaw, jigsaw. Baby, baby, baby oooh. (I sometimes make myself laugh too!)

And staying on the subject of coincidences, back to the 'Coincidence Queen', Rosy Mires. Rosy used to post a lot on FTM (until the Houston/IBS/Brand&RossBrady&Hindley thing), but unfortunately, during one of her petulant periods, she went right the way back through my blog and deleted everything she'd ever written, thus deleting herself from this very important piece of history (not that she realises it's importance yet, so the kicking of ones self cannot yet begin). Actually, whilst on this subject, I have been tempted to go back through the blog and delete all of GOB's comments, but my own petulance hasn't yet reached it's maximum level, and if anything, it's on the wane (sic? can't be bothered to google if it's wain, but as the little wavy orange lines have just appeared under the word wain, I am presuming I'm safe.... although I have just glanced up to see the way lines under the words blog and google, so I suppose that doesn't give me 100% assurance!).

Anyway, yesterday, Rosy returned to the comments section of FTM. Here are her highlights:

 you'll see I'm right in the end.
 You poor deluded rodenty thing, that did make me LOL!
I will go now and ponder your wise words. 
*ponders*
(Can you really laugh your head off? I'm worried!)
Ever yours,
Mirez


The relevance of the head being able to come off is irrelevant, for, as we all know, it is Rosy who has gotten this whole thing so incredibly wrong, but at least now one of her comments is now preserved in history.

And just for Rosy, here are my weekly FTM viewing stats. Now, WHERE have all those beautiful French readers been hiding until now?:
Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United States
3199
United Kingdom
2236
Germany
587
France
436
Australia
120
Italy
 79


*Goes off singing* And I just might die with a smile on my face after all.

And the last word goes to our sponsor:
Impressive research, Comrade Harps and Heather!
I loved the Cocteau photos posted by Harps too.

Heather, you will hear from 'French Epic' soon. I promise.

Exciting times ahead for the Blue Rose Society
Fifi

22 comments:

  1. wow. that is tempting (and I *am* half-italian**!)
    but after new york I have banned myself from
    moz gigs outside the uk as it's just too much
    stress for the photo-guy. so that's my 'excused
    note then;)

    **still kicking myself I never got the forza moz shirt
    before the manchester gig. it had sold out after:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most unbelievably stunning theatre and setting I have ever seen *jawdrop*. How I dearly wish I could be there! Quite an interesting coincidence that Steve Cochran's star is at the foot of the Capitol Records building - Mozzer does like to dangle puzzle pieces in front of us. The challenge is to actually see the pieces and figure out how to fit them together. All the best to him and the band as they make magic in the recording studio - so excited to have the magic unleashed on our ears sOOn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please excuse me whilst I drool. Wow indeed, what a spectacular looking venue, its gorgeous.
    Flights I've found so far are way too pricey. But I shall continue to look so don't rule me out of the squad just yet.

    I can't see a blue rose in the glasses, maybe my poor eyesight.
    Astraea does us proud with a grand selection of music & pics in The Arms.
    It is a joy to have log lady & her magical log with us on twit. I await further predictions with anticipation

    I love reading what people have to say & I encourage those who read the blog but don't comment to come & say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can stuff the IOW i might bump in to whiskers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally.....Romina scores for Italy, well in the pageviews that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rats - I have said this before, but I don’t think that you should delete comments from your blog (other than the spammy ones). There are clues everywhere and my puzzle will look different to yours and everyone else’s. You could just be discarding one of my jigsaw pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ratty, so you did the chart and what a chart! I missed it, busy with daughter and her homework. Taormina is wonderful, a true paradise! Yes, finally Italy is in the pageviewrs, but I was almost always here.... take care Rat ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to attend, but I fear I will be incognito, I will be so wanting to break cover, but just wont be allowed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a pleasant surprise! The 'fantastic bird' I played for my lovely Astraea and Willow reached the top of the charts. I love the feeling.

    May I ask you, Rat, why I am nowhere to be seen on the Twitterdilly Arms photo?

    Am I asleep on @Morrisseysmum 's lap?
    Am I discussing glitter stilettos and omelettes with Log Lady on the patio?
    Has Willow poured me too much Babycham resulting in a bad fall on the edge of the bar and a cut eyebrow, hence being now on my way to get a huge scar, courtesy Davyhulme hospital?
    Or have I already stormed out following a heated conversation with...well, everyone?

    I demand a response.

    Fifi

    PS. Day 825
    PPS. I saw a UFO last night (no Babycham whatsoever was consumed)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the above. Just a usual evening in The Twit Arms.
      Day 825 you say?
      UFO or Fantastic Bird?

      Delete
    2. "OMG, it was YOU!"
      Was it?

      It was a real UFO. It's not the first time I see one.
      The truth is out there.

      All of the above?! So does it mean I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time?

      "In France the emergency population warning network is called the "Réseau national d'alerte" (RNA). The system is inherited from the air-raid siren network (défense passive) developed before World War II. It consists of about 4,500 electronic or electromechanical sirens placed all over France. The system is tested each month at noon on the first Wednesday."

      I can hear AIR RAID right now! Thank you for reminding me that you're always here, Air!

      Be good little charmers.
      Fifi

      Delete
    3. What a lovely message Fifi you are a sweetheart. Of course I am never far away!

      Avoir un grand jour.
      Revoir pour le moment mon ami x

      Delete
    4. PS I blame google if this is incorrect translation! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, all.

    I am just a long (well, short) time observer, with the occasional input. I just wondered if anyone else noticed that @MorrisseysMum left the location on one of her tweets? It states they are in Yvelines, France. I did some research and found that there are many recording studios in the surrounding area.

    Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a picturesque and beautiful venue for a concert. I wish I could be there, it will be a once in a lifetime event. I will be there in spirit though, happy for those who are able to attend. As far as the football matches (we call it soccer here), I'm guessing the Morrissey Band side has the advantage, I hope the BRS team will have enough athleticism to compete. If you ever decide to switch and play Ice Hockey count me in. Thanks to the lovely Astraea for the charming pictures, videos and comments on twitter. Rat, I don't know how you have the time to do it, the blog was superb today one of the best entries you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! (Anonymous4 February 2014 23:43) He also left the location of Goteborg, Sweden on October 17... real twitter locations? just a fan looking for Moz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when TRM was pictured at a football match in Dublin with Robbie Keane, Mum was also tweeting that night from Dublin

      Delete
  13. Kellie the Crisp5 February 2014 at 13:00

    That venue is quite literally stunning. The concert will be a mesmerising feast for the senses! I would love to be in the Sicilian starting 11 with Romina leading the charge but the Pacific Ocean and low paying jobs will have me on the bench. As I mentioned last time I don't really know much about Cocteau but the quote about cats that Astraea posted makes me think that we would have gotten along famously. :) Also I've decided that Jean Marais really was an impossibly beautiful man.

    Viva Italia, Viva France, Viva BRS, Viva Rat etc...

    PS Don't tell Our Mozzer that I found the key to the gin cupboard the log totally made me do it.

    PPS Willow where are my twiglets?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kellie the Crisp5 February 2014 at 13:02

    PPPS What is Babycham?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie, my little koala, your Twiglets should be arriving some time next year. UK Royal Mail is famous for it's inability to actually deliver anything. As for Babycham http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25302633
      Very few people admit to drinking Babycham, but I am out & proud!
      Like you Kellie, I won't be able to travel to that stunning venue in Italy, so will be fervently hoping our Moz plays here in his mother country. Manchester, Birmingaham, London, Bognor Regis..I don't care!
      P.S. Last time I saw Fifi in the Arms, a handsome man was chatting her up at the bar...& then she was gone.....

      Delete

Mozziah Archive