Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Day 888 - Black Cloud

Yesterday is a day that I would rather forget. The joy of my sparkly new MacBook Air arriving, was soon replaced with utter despair as I somehow managed to completely wipe my iPhone of all my songs. My music library had already disappeared with my old MacBook, which died three weeks ago, and although I know it is probably possible to retrieve my songs from the hard drive of my old Mac, I just can't be doing with hassles.

It is not just laptop issues causing a black cloud, I am also feeling the effects of the continued wet weather, middle age, and general winter blues. Life is a pigsty. Bring on sunshine, old age (at least you know your place) and summer. Bring on the cricket season. Bring on a new Morrissey album. Bring on a Morrissey concert or two. *Deep sigh* Fuckety fuck shit wanky fucky shit wank. Twatty fuckety fuck shit arse. Wanky titty shitty bollock cunts. Cuntity wank shit fuck twat knob. It's getting childish now, but this is fantastic therapy. I am starting to feel better. Wankety shit bollocks cunt cunt cunt. That's better.

As my black cloud hovered over my head yesterday evening, I was too numb to interact with Broken, who had made an unexpected return to the Twitterdilly Arms. I should point out that it WASN'T '@BrokenMorrissey', who is actually the REAL Morrissey, and NOT a parody or character, but it was the highly controversial Bieber loving failed medic 'Broken', i.e. '@Broken1andonly'.

Broken bounced into the Twit Arms shouting, "Did 'Our Mozzer' really tweet @Boz_Boorer about wine/grapes? The coincidences continue to pile up!"

And then it was straight to his favourite subject, Justin 'Bizzle' Bieber:

"With Bieber's latest tattoo, has he crossed over from cute boy next door being bad to Lil Wayne wannabe badass?"




"It's a shame. The big cross is like an act of self-destruction or auto-graffiti. Does he think covering his entire torso makes him cuter?"
"What next? A facial tattoo? Love-hate knuckles? The prettiest young pop star alive is defacing his body now almost weekly. Tragic."
"Do you think when he's 25 with three facial tattoos, a neck covered in Hebrew words and crosses all over his body he'll seek help from a professional to have them removed?"
"Does he seriously think he hasn't got enough tattoos? Does he think Lil Wayne is a role model? Why won't someone tell him to stop?"
"He seems keen to rebel against being the pretty boy and become an alpha male. But is copying Lil Wayne really the way to go?"
"Lil Wayne is probably the least attractive pop star alive."

Broken then asked Boy George for his views, and made a startling revelation, that MORRISSEY is considering singing a Bieber song live! Now if that were to happen, then 'Cliff Gate' would look like a stroll in the park by comparison. Uncle Skinny et al would EXPLODE!
"@BoyGeorge Interested in your views re: Bieber. MorrisseysWorld is considering singing a bieber song live!!"

And then he was gone!

I have nothing else to add, so I won't, although I will quickly add that the readership for yesterday's FTM hit a real low. I get the sense that we are in a lull with the whole MorrisseysWorld venture. Nobody new is finding it, which I guess is obvious, and many of those who were following the story have tailed away. I now spend half my life clearing FTM spam from my email inbox, and only 5 genuine comments were left yesterday..... but I HAVE to continue, because we must. This IS history. One day I WILL be proven right.

TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 10 - NOT BROADCAST

1. IDENTITY - X RAY SPEX (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue5jyj_nosc

2. FIVE YEARS - DAVID BOWIE (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=louXPUW7tHU

3. YOU SAY YOU DON'T LOVE ME - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDWR3VyzLPs

4. I MAY NEVER GET TO HEAVEN - WANDA JACKSON (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idmfAPHwgC4

5. PLEASE LOVE ME FOREVER - WANDA JACKSON (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmVrOITR4l8

6. DID YOU MISS ME - WANDA JACKSON (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqPEnUtGrM&feature=kp

7. PERMANENTLY LONELY - TIMI YURO (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeU_yf-rQL8

8. SONG TO THE SIREN - TIM BUCKLEY (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTEtDBHGY4

9. SONG TO THE SIREN - THIS MORTAL COIL (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuwfsS5-iM8

10. WAX AND WANE - COCTEAU TWINS (NEW ENTRY): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLtuBDqwS0g

7 comments:

  1. Broken recented tweeted that Down to Earth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGHqHkgzdQ&feature=kp was JB's How Soon Is Now? He relates to the lost "how could I ever be normal somehow" broken family theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pssst that picture of Justin is the double of me minus the tats obviously.. anyway cheese muncher, why do you want to be proved right, wouldn't it be better to be accused of being insane.. much nicer on the gravestone * here lies whiskers, crazy to the end*

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday rat.
    what a move singing bieber would be!! ...I'd love if a
    bieber track/lyric could be introduced into a moz track
    ... the break at the end of speedway would be perfect;)
    I think there will be lots of clues once the gig starts.
    I'm hoping for DAMN FINE something (instead of coffee
    or just ... Coffee) ... twin peaks references galore.
    one day you will be proven right rat. then it will be
    like the sex pistols 100 club gig. everyone will claim
    to have been in on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get me started on black clouds! My newest one (possible job loss by the end of the year) set me on a downwards spiral at the weekend. Life eh!
    Have you tried a light box Rats? Its worth a try.

    A thank you to Astraea last night for making me lol, for the first time in a couple of days.
    I guess there are bound to be lulls here & there Rats, keep your tail up! BRS appreciate your loyal blogging.

    PS Hope you can recover some of your precious music. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh EARS,

    The pleasure was mine.... ALL mine, honestly.

    .... what did I do?

    Astraea





    ReplyDelete
  6. Take heart, Rats. This is just a lull before we're hit with the excitement of the tour and album release. As you said, the weather at this time of year certainly doesn't help. As I experienced sunshine and above-freezing temperatures yesterday for the first time in quite a while, I couldn't believe how much it lifted my spirits. I also can't believe that I'll be buying Moz tix this Friday - roll on the tour! Good luck with rebuilding the music library, Rats. I hope it can actually be a fun process for you, it certainly was fun to hear the Arms jukebox played so much yesterday. Thanks for continuing to blog, there are still some of us here to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive