Total Pageviews

Thursday, 20 February 2014

Day 890 - Noel's Blue Rose

How ironic that on the day that I wrote about David Bowie, he becomes the oldest ever recipient of a Brit award, picking up the 'Best UK Male Singer' at the age of 67. I'd better get listening to 'The Next Day' as soon as possible.

Bowie didn't actually pick up the award himself, Noel Gallagher announced to the audience, "You maniacs didn't think David Bowie was actually going to be here? David Bowie's too cool for that. He doesn't do this shit. David Bowie has sent his representative on earth. The one and only Kate Moss is going to receive this award on his behalf."

And on she strolled, an absolute vision, dressed in Bowie's ORIGINAL Ziggy Stardust outfit from 1972.

Image result for kate moss bowie brits

And just as Morrissey had told Rustle Brand what to say prior to introducing him at Hollywood High School, so Bowie had given words to Kate. Morrissey and Bowie are SO similar. Morrissey IS Bowie. Bowie IS Morrissey. Here is Bowie's acceptance speech, as read by the stunningly beautiful Kate Moss:

"In Japanese myth the rabbits from my old costume that Kate's wearing, live on the moon. Kate comes from Venus and I come from Mars, so that's nice. I'm completely delighted to have a Brit for being the best male, but I am, aren't I Kate? I think it's a great way to end the day."



The newspapers are all full of the whole Bowie/Kate outfit, but the most intriguing thing for me about  last night's Brit Awards, was the sight of Noel Gallagher wearing.... a BLUE ROSE brooch!



It goes without saying that NOBODY has picked up on Noel's Blue Rose, just as NOBODY picked up on Jonathan Ross favouriting a tweet of a photo of Morrissey accepting a Blue Rose on stage. Morrissey's 'show biz' mates are subtly flaunting Blue Rose, and the world can't see it. Noel is of course best friends with Rustle Brand, and only a few weeks ago, Morrissey and Noel were spotted in the same London hotel. Noel is also known to be a huge Moz fan. Noel KNOWS you know!

Perhaps, when Morrissey is awarded the 'Best UK Male Singer' award at next year's Brits, he can send Rustle Brand to receive it, dressed in the Blue Rose shirt that Moz wore in the 'Boy with the Thorn in his Side' video. The shirt currently hangs on the wall at the Salford Lads Club:

Salford Lads Club: the shirt worn by Morrissey in the video for "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" (Niklas) Tags: sky house shirt manchester morrissey slc salford thesmiths theboywiththethorninhisside salfordladsclub

Mind you, I'd rather Moz send Kate Moss dressed in the shirt. Have I ever mentioned that I once met Kate? Yes, I believe I have. She really is one of the most STUNNING looking woman alive, so before I move on, just one more Kate picture for good measure:





Despite Morrissey being somewhere in France (La Fabrique?) recording his new album, he still finds time to pop into The Twitterdilly Arms on an almost daily basis. I have no idea of Morrissey's recording patterns (although I have this image in my head of him sauntering down to the studio at around 10 am each day, having first had a breakfast of tea and toast, and then laying down his vocals in one, before sauntering off again, leaving the band and producer to do their bit. I would then imagine Morrissey sauntering back down to the studio mid afternoon to let the ordinary people know if he approves or not! Now, time to get out of these brackets and back to the sentence that I'd just started, which to save you going back, reads, "I have no idea of Morrissey's recording patterns"), but he tends to drop into the Twit Arms late in the afternoons, lately in the guise of Astraea (@fadinggoldleaf), looking distinctly like Gina Lollobrigida.... well he would, wouldn't he..... although actually, the doubters would of course scream, "It CAN'T be Morrissey! Do you really think Morrissey would turn up on twitter with a profile picture of Gina Lollobrigida, pretending to be a girl?" Er, YES, I would, and he HAS!




And on the subject of the doubters, the Morrissey blogger, Julie Hamill tweeted this morning to all four members of the Smiths, to say 'Happy debut album birthday' (It is 30 years ago today that 'The Smiths' LP was released). I pointed out to Julie that the twitter address that she had used for Morrissey (@itsmorrissey) was no longer used by him, and that she should contact @FadingGoldLeaf. Julie ignored my advice, but with great authority announced:

he doesn't tweet, but he looks.

What makes all these people think they KNOW what Morrissey does or doesn't do? HOW can Julie possibly KNOW that Morrissey 'looks' ? It really is incredible!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, Astraea and the daily pub visits. Actually, before I get back to that, I must mention a tweet from the 'Morrissey 25 Live' director, James Russell. Earlier today, he tweeted Noel Gallagher to congratulate Noel on his "nice threads". I tweeted JR to point out the Blue Rose on Noel's lapel. JR suggested that perhaps it was "footy related", but then followed it up with:


whOo knows eh?


I know "whOo knows", James bloody Russell knows, as does Noel bloody Gallagher, Rustle bloody Brand, Jonathan bloody Ross and God knows whOo else. They ALL bloody knOw! :

THEY KNOW..... THEY ALL BLOODY KNOW!

Right, back to Morrissey and his jaunts to the Twitterdilly Arms. It's funny, because whenever 'Parody Morrissey' or 'Broken Morrissey' make a visit to The Arms, I always report what they have said, mainly because they are being witty, controversial, or giving clues regarding MorrisseysWorld, but I never really make mention of Astraea's offerings, when in fact she has SO much to offer. Astraea, and in fact Fifi, are Morrissey's gentle pessoa's, his more feminine side, so from now on, I shall report on the visits of both Astraea and Fifi, to the Internet's Number 1 Morrissey theme pub.

Astraea usually sits near the jukebox, sipping champagne, and conversing with Willow (@smashingblouse7). Despite the fact that I have mentioned many times that I believe Astraea to be Moz, hardly anybody interacts with her, and in fact, she only has 76 followers. Morrissey is on twitter, and has 76 followers! Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps Astraea ISN'T Morrissey, but for now, I shall report her offerings, which are mainly musical offerings. Here are yesterday's highlights:


"Don't say anything, especially not... anything. Don't say anything,...just follow me..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmIUjMZKlGQ (NE DIS RIEN - SERGE GAINSBOURG & ANNA KARINA. It is a mesmerizing video, so I would highly recommend watching.)

"Don’t say - anything. Don’t be - scared. Just follow me to the end of the night, to the end of my madness...let time forget about tomorrow"






Steve, you really have such lovely... arms.


 Feb 19
What's that, Steve? You don't want to come in because you're not dressed yet? Don't be silly! Step right this way...


 Feb 19
They say nice things come in threes, so...

I have to say, Astraea certainly has better taste in men than Broken, although I suppose Broken does at least fancy men who are still alive, whereas Astraea does tend to go for the older, deader type!

I'm always either where I'm unexpected, unrequired, or generally just not supposed to be. It's a special talent I cultivate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7BDS19H9OM (DEAD FINKS DON'T TALK - BRIAN ENO. Needless to say, I have never heard this song before, nor indeed ANY Brian Eno. I sometimes wonder if I really am a lover of pop music. I have been SO...... un-inquisitive! My music education continues.)


 Feb 19
And I know you said you want to live in France in 1961...but I think you might have liked 1967 as well. It's quite beautiful. At the very end, in her sadness she whispers, "I am the only one who always remains... alone..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9uNAtG-tfk (ROLLER GIRL - SERGE GAINSBOURG & ANNA KARINA)

This song from the film is incredibly beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bW-sqHZF28 (UN JOUR COMME UN AUTRE - ANNA KARINA)

These are the things I am attracted to. They have reeled me in, my entire life long. I don't know anything else.

That is pretty much it for today. I doubt the 30th anniversary of the release of 'The Smiths' has meant much to Moz, although perhaps he might just look in the mirror tonight, raise his glass of champagne, and say, "You've done alright kiddo."



*Goes off singing* Fifteen minutes with YOU, wellllll, I wouldn't say no.

25 comments:

  1. I wouldn't notice anything on that show as i dont watch crap like that.. still trying to work out who this morrissey chap is.. is it that one who used to hang about with boy george goes by the name of marylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if that dosn't receive a blasting off his worship nothing will..

      Delete
  2. Sorry but I do not think that Kate Moss is ' stunning ' she looks far older than her 40 years but with the life she has lived - not surprising.
    Plus she has bandy legs !!

    Lizzycatmoz ( too busy to log in )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lizzy, my dear, hello Rat, this time Ratty is absolutely right, sorry Liz, but Kate Moss is truly, truly beautiful, she doesn'nt look older for her age, simply she got a little bit of sadness in her eyes and that's why she so special, but, of course, de gustibus non disputandum est. Blue Rose, Noel, Bowie, Astrea, Johnathan Ross....wow, have a nice evening Rat, ciao!

      Delete
  3. Noel wears are blue rose because he knows what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Noel wears 'are' blue rose". Is that English? Go back to Solow.

      Sylvie Tartan

      Delete
    2. How rude. I'm trying to understand what's going on.

      Delete
    3. Solow is that English?

      Delete
  4. Dear Romina, as Confucius said,
    " Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."
    Hope you are well !

    Lizzycatmoz again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise my dear! I'm ok and hoping you're fine to.
      Romina with 'usband's tablet.

      Delete
  5. I prefer Eno's lyric-less ambient pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a delight to have Astraea enriching our timelines with numerous treats for our ears and eyes. They are much appreciated, merci Astraea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Astraea has a jukebox full of musical gems, which I am sure I otherwise wouldn't have discovered. I welcome & value this very much.

    Viva Blue Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not watch the Brits, just looked at the pictures after, but that flower brooch looks black to me, not blue. GWO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the Blog Ratz. May wish to add this to your new music collection.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOTzC-0xg0 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it anon, thank you.

      Delete
    2. It is my ringtone ha. First heard it at the intro of Misterman (Play) at The National. CC

      Delete
  10. Beck in today's Wall Street Journal.

    " I might be wrong, but here in America it seems like music is supposed to be one or the other: humorous or personal and emotional. I do like writers who can mix the two, like John Lennon or Morrissey or Jarvis Cocker or Stephen Malkmus. "

    From Lizzycatmoz ( still lazy about logging - in )

    ReplyDelete
  11. anyone want to make a few quid, head to the bookies and put money on Oasis getting back together... ssshhh!!! BRS only

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often visit The Greenhouse (organic only) in AD and think of this:-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U06PicY2C4



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beautiful song. Astraea once posted a live Bowie version on Youtube, which is mesmerising.

      Delete
  13. Saw her at The Barbican years ago, you may like her Ratz.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZz0aD8LpZM



    ReplyDelete
  14. If only he was in So Ho now X

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTp-99nvthE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow so pleased you like my offerings Ratz! I will sign my posts CC as I have no Google account or any idea how to log in ha ha! I looked up the Bowie/Amsterdam, first time I had heard the lyrics in English. There is a radio play of Brel that I can still recite word perfect (called Le Far West) it was so brilliant, Alfred Molina played Brel. It was written by this man http://www.leoaylen.com/poetry/poetry-on-radio/ try and locate it, you would enjoy. CC

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive