Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Day 896 - Chris the Wonder-kid

This morning I made myself late for work because I HAD to play Morrissey's version of Bowie's Drive-In Saturday.

I will explain WHY I had to play this record later on, but first, I have news to report from the Twitterdilly Arms; first of all, Parody Moz apparently made an appearance yesterday, and secondly, Astraea has gone!

The reason I have written 'apparently', is because by the time I sauntered into the 'World's Number 1 Online Morrissey Theme Pub', Parody Moz (and all traces of his twit account) had once again disappeared, and the only reason I was even aware that he had been in, were the remnants of conversations that various people had had with him. I have since learnt from my sources (Heather!), that Moz was only around for a very short period of time, but he mentioned that the new album recalls The Queen is Dead, and that he expects it to chart at Number 2 in the UK, and Number 7 in Australia!

Bearing in mind that Morrissey's highest ever chart position in Australia is Number 12, with Your Arsenal, I would guess that it is fair to say, he is in an optimistic mood. And on the subject of Your Arsenal, the reissue/remaster came out on Monday, although I have to admit, I haven't yet bought it, mainly because there doesn't seem to be enough difference from the original (which there was with Kill Uncle). Is there enough difference?

Morrissey to Reissue Your Arsenal With Live DVD
YOUR ARSENAL - REISSUED. MORRISSEY'S MOST SUCCESSFUL RECORD DOWN UNDER

I expect I shall buy the new Your Arsenal, if nothing else than for the bonus DVD of a 1991 concert from the Shoreline Amphitheatre:

Embedded image permalink
MORRISSEY SINGING AT SHORELINE IN 1991

And on the subject of concerts in California, this billboard has recently gone up, although according to True-To-You, the concert (along with a number of others) has ALREADY sold out!:





Embedded image permalink

And on the subject of concerts with legendary supporting artists, Sir Cliff Richard has been very keen to stress that he was joking when he previously mentioned meat eating in relation to his Morrissey concert. He has now stated, "I made a joke of it", and has blamed the press for twisting his words. Hmm. Cliff has also stated that he and Morrissey have never met, although previously Cliff had stated that they met in a hotel in Kent in 2011. You just don't know what to believe with Sir Cliff. Perhaps Alzheimer's is setting in. It would be dreadful if Cliff were to walk on stage in New York and sing, "When I was young la la la la la".


CLIFF - JOKER

And on the subject of Alzheimer's...... no, I can't do it! I would dearly love to now write about a hilarious exchange of emails that I had this morning with Morrissey (which included something about Alzheimer's), but I can't. As I have previously written, Morrissey emailed me a few weeks ago, under the guise of Fifi, and we have continued to exchange fairly regular emails ever since, with Morrissey's words being incredibly witty and sharp, and mine being particularly sycophantic and dull. He has even sent me the odd (odd as in occasional, not strange, although actually, they are quite strange too) photograph of the place he is currently staying. I really wish that I could share Morrissey's emails here, in my online diary, but I just don't think I should.

I suppose to a certain extent, the dynamics of my blog have now changed, in that it is no longer a case of me thinking it might be Morrissey behind the whole MorrisseysWorld phenomenon, I now KNOW it is him, although, in truth, I knew it was him from the very beginning, and I DEFINITELY knew it was him when he quoted "toothbrush" last January. The main difference now, is that I believe (deludedly, of course) that Morrissey and I have become friends, so I can no longer just publish anything and everything, I have to think about what I share..... but I may perhaps share the odd one liner from those emails, after all, they are just too good not to share.... and after all, it isn't really him, is it!

Many people reading this will presume that I am once again behaving like a fantasising bullshitter, and to be honest, that suits me just fine, and in fact, it adds to the fun of this whole journey, and WHAT a journey it has been. Over the past two and a half years, so much has happened, and so much has changed, particularly the personnel in the Twitterdilly Arms. So few of the initial crowd are still around, with the only constants who have truly believed and been around ALL the way through, being EARS, Heather, myself and Loughton Lil. MancLad, Lizzy Cat and Girl Without have stayed with it, although not always with full belief, and MANY others are still lingering and watching, but again without conviction.


THE OLD GUARD OF THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS: L TO R: LOUHGHTON, MANCLAD, ME, HEATHER, EARS AND GWO

But let's put aside the old guard and MorrisseysWorld, it is time to concentrate on the Blue Rose Society and the future. Blue Rose members continue to swell, and the BLUE ROSE SOCIETY is set to grow and grow as the US concerts approach. This year, the BRS will REALLY take off. The two latest recruits are Nicole (@Bunnygal833), who latched on to the end of yesterday's chart countdown, and Jack Shet (@TheeOtherBill), who describes himself in his Twitter profile as a "retired rockabilly god", and has already tweeted his ideas on how to smuggle roses into the concert venues. Jack is going to the concerts at Atlantic City and Hershey. This is going to be a fun year for the BRS.

JACK SHET - LATEST BRS MEMBER, AND RETIRED ROCKABILLY GOD


I've somehow managed to completely side track myself. Today's blog was supposed to be about Parody Moz's appearance in the Twit Arms, and Drive-In Saturday. I really shouldn't let my mind wander, it is most unprofessional, and I am a professional blogger, although as professions go, the pay is shit.... but the rewards are worth more than money could buy. Let me get out of this current paragraph and back on track.


Parody Moz apparently also re-tweeted two old tweets from drummer Matt Walker yesterday, which I am told are these from 2012:

 12 May 2012
things are weird and getting weirder.

just posted a statement on morrissey-solo...not really possible to sum it all up but it's a start.


Embedded image permalink
A MATT WALKER SELFIE FROM TWITTER - NOT RETWEETED BY THE MOZ

I have no idea why Moz chose to retweet those two Walker tweets, but I would guess that he has been pulling Matt's leg about them. I would also guess that initially the whole MorrisseysWorld 'thing' was Morrissey's own private joke, but now, all his band members are aware of it.

Astraea's departure from the Twit Arms has left a huge hole, and the BRS are already in mourning. Hopefully it will only be a temporary departure. Before leaving, Astraea posted me a photo of an unsmiling Serge Gainsbourg with Brigitte Bardot. The unsmiling photos of Gainsbourg are by far the best. He looks far more french when he isn't smiling. Gainsbourg is a man who looks as though he should have had a cigarette permanently hanging from his mouth..... actually, I think he did, which is probably why he died at just 62. Here is the photo Astraea posted, along with a couple of other photos that I have chosen to post for no reason other than I like them:





BRIGITTE & SERGE

JANE BIRKIN AND BRIGITTE.... OH SERGE, YOU LUCKY, LUCKY MAN


GAINSBOURG (SLIGHTLY SMILING.... BUT COMPENSATED BY THE CIGARETTE) AND BIRKIN

And now to Drive-In Saturday. As I rebuild my music collection; which by the way, has greatly benefitted from yesterday's introduction by a new FTM contributor called 'CC' to 'Little Jimmy Scott', who has INSTANTLY become my new 'on repeat' singer, with the two songs that I placed in yesterday's Twit Arms Top 10 being my particular favourites.... although I have plenty more to yet discover..... this sentence is becoming very long and is full of commas, where was I? Oh yes:

As I rebuild my music collection, I have been listening to a LOT of Bowie, and I have to admit, that at LAST, I am getting him. 'Five Years' is just the most perfect song ever, and as I listen to each Bowie song and album, I feel compelled to use Wikipedia as my guide. It is ALL so fascinating, and something that in 1972, I couldn't possibly have hoped to understand.

Anyway, this morning, as I sat in bed watching the last ever performance of Ziggy Stardust at Hammersmith Odeon on Youtube (FROM 1973), I suddenly had this urge to try and find out why Morrissey had particularly chosen to cover Bowie's 'Drive-In Saturday'. I firstly listened to Bowie's version, which is SU 'FUCKING' PERB, and then I watched/listened to Morrissey's version, which if I am honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to before, but now, having finally found out what it is about, I realise not only do I LOVE it, but it has slightly different words to Bowie's version. I immediatley leapt out of bed, grabbed my Mozipedia, and quickly realised that, just as with 'Jeane', it DIDN'T have the answers! Simon Goddard quite rightly notices that Moz sings "Chris the wonder-kid" instead of "Twig the wonder-kid", but he is unable to tell me why!


My own thought is that "Chris the wonder-kid" is Chrissie Hynde, but of course, it is just a guess. I think the only reason I particularly have Chrissie on my mind, is because yesterday, I was playing some old vinyl on my Dansette Conquest, and one of the records I played was the brilliant 'b' side to 'Kid' (wonder kid?), a song called 'Tattooed Love Boys'; so, does anybody know who Chris the Wonder-kid is? Fifi, are you still with us? Can you enlighten me?


(And just for good measure, here is the mesmerising last song from that Hammersmith Odeon concert, where Bowie announces the end of Ziggy, before singing my NEW favourite song, 'Rock n Roll Suicide'. Note that somebody manages to jump on stage right at the end and hug DB. It is ALL so Moz like.... but would Bowie fans STILL try to stage invade, like we Moz fans do?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZNBbxJ2xo)

And finally Esther, and finally Cyril, Morrissey will NOT be playing Bestival this year, as I may have previously mentioned, the headliner is.... Nile Rogers! Hold on, that means that Fifi must be Nile, and NOT Morrissey! I'm getting emails from Nile fuc**ng Rogers! Actually, let me re-write Fifi's actual words regarding Bestival, "drop your anchor at the Isle, make your way to Robin Hill. Johnny Marr will be there, I will be there and maybe good old friends will be there too." Fifi never actually said Moz would be playing at Bestival, but perhaps he WILL be there!

Goodnight.

*Goes off singing* A good time was guaranteed for one and all, the tattoos did target practice in the hall while waiting, for their number to get called out, I, I, I found out what the wait was about.


59 comments:

  1. oh rat, there you go again, saying what you think people believe and don't believe, some of us have REAL work to do and cant be around as much as we would like and then there are those like JMH, MME who are here but silent... be careful, you never know just who is l 00 king from behind the grey net curtains, of course you can knock on the door, but dont expect a response, a bit like Charles Hawtrey one might imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond jealous about the emails but what can I do never having been part of the inner crowd I stay and play on the edges of things. I only comment when I feel like it which seems a little selfish...
    I saw Broken last night in the chat it would seem as though the pessoa's were amiss
    It must be hard having so many outlets and having to put hem all to task.
    I expect that all would go quiet before the storm and I welcome the new souls amongst us with open arms!
    Much love

    I fucking adore Drive-In Saturday both versions :) I used to think that Bowie said "crashing out with Sylvia" my mams name
    her favorite Bowie song is China Girl
    "Shhh...just you shut your mouth"
    Thanks for the blog Rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jaz, you are no outsider and I am finalising my plans for the usa right now, if I make LA (not sure) I will be staggering along venice beach some time..

      Delete
  3. Matt walker also tweeted something about Bieber and winning an iPad. GWO tweeted him about getting bolder - hence his last tweet BOLD. Of course everything got deleted as quickly as Parody Moz disappeared!

    A bystander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got ridiculously excited when I saw Matt's tweet 'In a word. Bold.' thinking that he meant the recording. Course it could mean absolutely nowt :))

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the warm welcome, I am happy to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very curious to know the content of those emails Rats!

    Very sad to see Astraea's departure, hopefully its just temporary & she will be back with us after a break. A hearty welcome to Nicole & Jack Shet (great name!)
    Love the pic from the pub, it reminds me of a pub I once went to in Cork years ago.

    Jaz - you are a valued member of BRS.
    Another wholesome read Rats. Sending this with my thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Jack and Nicole, we're very glad to have you with us. We now have quite a nice representation of BRS members spread across the US to bring roses to many of the concerts in the upcoming tour.

    Astraea's departure does indeed leave a gaping hole, we'll miss her very much. I was disappointed to miss Parody Moz last night and only saw his tweets about two minutes before the account disappeared, so I didn't have much time to read them. I'm not sure if I understood/correctly remembered the tweets about the new album and TQID, so if what Rat wrote doesn't look accurate to anyone else who read the tweets, please say so.

    I remember two more Matt Walker tweets that Parody Moz retweeted: one was a spam tweet sent by a hacker through Matt's account, which mentioned Justin Bieber; the other was a funny apology for the hacked tweet, with Matt saying that JB might be a better drummer than him. Hopefully we'll see more of Our Mozzer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting new post, Rat.
    I have a slightly different theory regarding "Chris" but I like the idea it might be Chrissie too.

    Did you know Bowie originally wrote the song for Mott The Hoople? They never released it (therefore he shaved his eyebrows off) but they did release "All the young dudes" which was their biggest success.

    Heather, the quote about TQID is accurate as far as I remember. Although my twitter account is not active anymore, I was having an impromptu Babycham at The Arms when Parody showed up. What are the odds!

    I miss you all little charmers, I will be back soon. You are every day on my mind.

    Welcome to the new members. Enjoy the journey. We all do.

    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, Fifi. Hope you're doing well and able to return soon.

      Delete
    2. here i am thinking that you live in a pub fifi.. vodka/cranberry over ice

      Delete
    3. Fifi, please don't leave us in the dark.... WHAT is your theory on 'Chris'?

      One of the charmers (charmer's? charmers?).... but not Rat, definitely not Rat.

      Delete
    4. Always so kind, Heather. I will be back as soon as humanly possible.
      Manc Lad, I do live in a room above a pub. My neighbour is Phil Mitchell and he is noisy.
      Not-Rat, I do not share theories with the 'Anonymous' and definitely not with poor speller's.
      Fifi

      Delete
    5. Fifi, oh you moody element you.

      Judith Charmer

      Delete
  8. *coughs* Just between us, if anyone wants to peek at the full Shoreline concert it is on utube although I doubt it will be there for long. I tweeted a link to a different copy a few days ago and that has now been blocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i once sent a link to the MW blog with a link to about 30 morrissey concerts (bootleg).. strange enough our mozzer never put it out on his blog.. hhhmmm!!!!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic pic of the Morrissey LA billboard. Think this might have been taken by Clover Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gawd, sneaking back to say something else but too lazy to log in properly. Did you see the rose on Boz's custom guitar? GWO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful - thanks for posting that on twit, GWO.

      Delete
  11. For anyone who might be interested, a detailed analysis of Moz's lyric changes to Drive-In Saturday can be found here: http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/lyrics/moz-disday.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. @TheRatsBack It was a pleasure meeting you as well as @Heathercat222 and BunnyGal833 today on Twitter today. Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No 7 in Australia!

    I'm not made of money. I'll need help with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Ratz, I like the photo of The Twitterdilly Arms, and not a plastic menu in site I am pleased to see. Thank you for the mention. Took me a while to work out FTM, as my stresses go up my IQ comes down ha ha. I reckon The Mozziah will come to realise Cliff has been on too long a summer holiday, hence he may have sunstroke?? So should be forgiven. I once told people that I had a vision of The Mozziah at (wait for it) The Rats Hotel in Spain, they all thought I was a fantasising bullshitter, but they were wrong. My life is one long chain of strange and wonderful coincidences! Wish I could remember how I was led to your blog, but have no idea. Anyway, pleased I stumbled accross it. Enjoy the day ahead. My mourning is bleak despite the sunshine. CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you found the blog, too. We're enjoying your contributions very much, CC.

      Delete
    2. Ahh Heather, cheers, feel rather privileged to be amongst such good company, but as I just said to Willow am running dry on the music front, apart from posting many many Moz Songs I have come to the end of my music library. cc x

      Delete
  15. meant sight not site and as for commas....x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure Ratz if it was you or Willow(I peek at both your Timelines) that put Bobby Darin up, but this was my Fathers fave song of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEllHMWkXEU CC and I saw you put my K song on your Timeline! Tu est tres gentil X

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM my favourite Frankie song CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost played both those songs yesterday too! You do have great taste in music - thanks for all the wonderful songs you've been posting on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words. Great minds Willow, have to admit though I am coming to the end of my music library, it is very limited, wish there was more discussion of books (Mozzies) and Plays ha ha, if only!But then I would/have become a Crashing Bore. And would also love to become a local at Twitterdilly Arms, you and Rat and Heather would be my kind of locals, but for now I am loving the music, chat and photos and would hate it ruined by a nasty outsider popping in and being nasty to me (am sensitive in Cyberspace but strong in the real world) Keep the music coming Willow, everything song you and Rat post I save to Faves. CC X

      Delete
  18. Lovely blog, Mr Rat, & that picture of your Dansette is making me drool! Delighted to hear you're finally succumbing to the charms of Bowie. Wonderful to have new members, although I am missing dancing with my sister Astraea & flighty Fifi. Btw, Fifi, Astraea sends you a kiss, & I'm sure I still owe you a slap from a while ago. Very intrigued by the Matt Walker retweets, & the 'Chris the wonder kid' line, which I also assumed referred to Chrissie Hynde.
    I do hope the lull around here passes & the storm breaks soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also sending a kiss to Astraea.
      Are you sure you still owe me a slap? I thought enough were given on the patio.
      Always on my mind, sweet Willow.
      Flighty Fifi

      Delete
    2. Ok, sweetie, no more slaps..unless you become too unruly, otherwise I may have to take you in hand again. Have missed dancing with you, although I have not missed your video postings, one of which gives me nightmares to this day. Do "come party!" soon : )

      Delete
    3. I will put my glitter stilettos on and will come dance with you and Astraea at the weekend if I can.
      There may be disturbing videos, appalling song choices and too much Babycham but it would not be a fun night at the Arms without them.
      Flighty

      Delete
  19. Right must get out the pub and face the day. He could call him Tam eh? Your post just made me LOL Ratz. Take care. CC

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ratty, to put the record straight regarding your tweet.
    Yes I was briefly in the chatroom last night with broken,
    and no, I did not storm out. I said ' goodnight ' and left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But why, Lizzy, would you not want to sit and chat with Moz? Why? Who would go to a MorrisseysWorld chat room, find that the only person available to chat to is.... Morrissey, and then decide to go and do something else instead? As I said to myself in the Twitterdilly Arms; whilst leaning on the bar nursing my pint of warming cheap lager (well it is the end of the month, and until payday, I can't afford more than one pint a night.... especially at the prices WE charge), you couldn't make this up!

      Rat

      Delete
    2. I missed you lizxy, it was empty when i put my head in the door, even loughton lil must have been in the cellar

      Delete
    3. I would have been happy to chat with Morrissey last night, instead it was Broken
      who started going back over old ground. Hence my decision to leave.

      Delete
    4. Don't feel bad Lizzy, if I was in a chatroom with Moz he would run for the door pronto, I can't stop talking, he would not get a word in edgeways! If the Moz chatroom was for real I would end up being airlifted and obese out of my house ha ha.CC. And I do not believe Rat would ever drink warm beer, more like a good Black Velvet or a delish bloody Mary, but then I have been watching too many Catfish TV episodes, which feeds my paranoia JOKING.

      Delete
    5. Lizzycatmoz, can you post the link to this chatroom you all speak of? Should I get time or I dare take a chance to chat to our beautiful M. Thanx CC

      Delete
    6. http://chatroll.com/morrisseysworld-chat

      Delete
  21. Hello Ratty and hello Lizzy too! I'm very curious about Morrissey's new disc and I'm quite sure it'll be on the top ten, it happened with Quarry and usually artist after a break and many toubles givives us their masterpiece! Have a nice day you all! Troubles, forget the "r",sorry! Now I'm busy doing my portrait.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Romina, I always enjoy reading your comments here.
      Take care !

      Delete
  22. Rat, it's so great you are in email contact.
    I'm very happy for you. of course you definitely
    shouldn't publish any of it ... though like you said
    the occasional odd line should be okay (and in
    many ways would be just like a tweet)

    but I think your blog remains the same as it always
    was ... documenting the signs that moz is behind MW
    (tangible proof to the many doubters) ... and until a
    backdrop of flashing neon blue roses rolls down
    saying ... owl eyes, blue roses - yes 'twas all me,
    MorrisseysWorld is MY BLOG ... your work will
    continue ;) and I for one am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ratz, Is it true you email Morrissey??? Mmmmm, I believe EVERYTHING till proved wrong, if you do, nudge him to this review of his book (a dear friend, I only have 2, just emailed me this he done on Amazon) "I have to say that if Morrissey had ever considered another career, then writing is the way to go. I loved this book and the insight it gave me into his world. It's beautifully written and highly evocative throughout. Whether you're a fan or not - the prose alone makes it worth the purchase. Never one to hold back with criticism, he vents his spleen at several people who have wronged him, not least his old band mate Mike Joyce and journalist Julie Burchill. I found myself amused, enthralled, and constantly entertained by Mozza's first foray into print, and hope there's more to come" and CC adds, Joyce is a coward and others IMO that dare not to admit they read it, of course they did, sure it will make them look in the mirror and make them squirm, but if they admit they read it they would have to issue denials and that is something they could not do. And I ADORED the Julie B description, my dear Ma lived near her in Hove, and Moz captured her so VERY well! CC X PS Disagree with my mate, vent his....nope ,no bitterness evident to me, just told the truth. Ratz, I digress too. Eeeek sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read Morrissey's OWN review of the reviewers? : http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/reviewer-of-reviewers-by-our-mozzer.html

      Delete
    2. Hello Ratz, do you know, as much as I trust your guidance and admire your taste (music, photos etc) am beyond the point that I can trawl through opinions/reviews of his book, only found one honest one to date. I will look, and IF it is Moz's words (how can I know for sure? But I reckon I will know ha) and true view then that would be good, BUT, I am sadly a bit of a cynic (have had too many lies told to me, not that I think for a minute you would, I believe you are a good soul, but unless I know it is from the horses mouth I am always a little sceptical). So, whatever others may say about it, I read it and it was BEYOND moving. It was BEAUTIFUL, and forget Arrogant. Arsehole. Gill, Tim Blott (already forgot his name, hated him on sight) and other green eyed monsters that could not bring themselves to admit it was a work of a genius, sorry, but it all seems a great injustice to me. Arrogant I know, BUT, I know good writing. Maybe tmoz or in a few days I will come back to your link and read it (if I can find it, I am useless in cyberspace) but for now I cannot bear to read anymore BritShit about this book. Even my dying mother, who so loved OW, O'Casey, John McGahern, William Trevor et al said Morrissey was a born writer and very very clever and she knew a good writer, from Ten.. Williams to Gore Vidal, she commented on them all and she said Moz had the head/heart and ability to write of a genius! I believe her, and not the reviewers (in this Cuntry)! But Ratz, forgive my passionate speech here lol, have to say what I think, no filters ha. Will come back and read your link, but not yet. CC X Forgive grammer, school was a waste of space but my heart remains intact. LOL X PS Will read your link in a while or Tmoz, am bit tired, and dru - emotional, JOKING. Nite Ratzie X

      Delete
  24. Smashingblouse7 The Big Lebowski http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFw5a5Bp_Pw feel like Rat has led me to my nest lol. CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vid! You have good taste in films as well as music. I'd happily discuss books & plays with you, especially Autobiography - I have a zillion opinions about that one! You really must join us in The Arms; I've only been here a few weeks, & everyone was so friendly & welcoming, & apart from Ratty strapping me down & interrogating me every other day. nobody has upset me in the least. Btw, any derogatory remarks made towards Ratty are only in jest, as I think he's the bee's knees!

      Delete
  25. Broken, I see you are still whining about me and Sabine on Twitter.
    I guess we really got under your skin. Surround yourself with
    people who do not challenge you, the way you like it.

    I shall remember all the fun times we shared in chat and on Twitter before
    you got bitter and nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy is every bit as bad as sabine. Dreadful.

      Delete
  26. "bit rash hoping for a no. 7 position, so when it came in at no. 1 and stayed there for five weeks ... I was breathless. It's sold more than I ever imagined"

    Our Mozzer 'jokes' about his new album reaching number 7 in Australia. 3 days later TRM jokes about his book reaching number 7. Coincidence? Don't make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Prince recently revealed that he’s an exceptional ping-pong player. What surprising, secret talent do you have?

    I'm an exceptional ping-pong player.

    What did you wake up worrying about today?

    Ukraine. Why do news reporters call the people 'protestors'? They are the people! It's the government who are the rebels. Silly world, isn't it?

    Lastly, what's one piece of advice you wish someone had given you in 1984?

    You should always judge a book by its cover."

    he finishes with 3 direct mw quotes!


    ReplyDelete
  28. Ratz, Thank you. Just read, and laughed at much of it, yep I believe it was The Moz (as am sure you already knew it was him answering the questions obvs) Thank you, 'bout time I heard it from source and not a Brit Hacks interpretation. I will send it to my Amazon reviewer mate too. Just copied a few of the lines that made me LOL. BTW You have given me a hangup about commas! We can't all be literary geniuses...... CC Xxx

    Morrissey: For fuck's sake. Help the illiterate meat eater, Mikey. I'm afraid my own literary genius, Penguin Classics etc, cannot condescend to such levels of woeful ineptitude; it would be like Newton trying to mark GCSE homework in Clapton

    Morrissey: Cunt.

    Morrissey: -Besides, there is a reason the cunt can't get a novel published for love nor money, you know. Perhaps it has something to do with his more prosaic, less DELIRIOUSLY FLORID style... I'm more than happy to arrange a few creative writing lessons for you Mikey, if you're interested of course...




    Ratz, that blog was well worth reading (will, when I get time, go back to the start of your blogs and read all of them) appreciate you guiding me to it, and YES I believe Moz spoke those words. I can read a Genius, one line of James Joyce or E.L Doctrow and I can recognise it, and that is why I like reading you R CC

    ReplyDelete
  29. Was here, am seen at about 1.17/1.20 LOL, terrible vid, but funny content, and got even funnier. Gabriel is a comic, trust me. CC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r30XY-XUlnc

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am finding it difficult keeping up with all the new artists and info this blog has been introducing us to recently. Up until now the only French singer I knew was Edith Piaf, who I was a fan of. Her best known song was 'LA vie in Rose', which as you see referred to a rose, although rose colored glasses. She also had connections with Cocteau, was in one of his films and died the same day he died. All of which makes her eligible to be with BRS. Mr Ratty thank you for your blog, it has been fun learning and enjoying the new artists, songs and bits of info connecting all. (also reading about your activities, even if it makes one jealous of your emails from Moz)
    Fancy123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aah, fancycakes I too have enjoyed listening to Edith

      Delete

Mozziah Archive