Total Pageviews

Saturday, 15 March 2014

Day 913 - Barking Mad

My attempt to get my blog entry of yesterday onto the front page of a google search for 'World Peace is None of Your Business' has failed miserably, mainly because..... NO BUGGER read it! My blog seems to receive quite a few hits, but it must be just a combination of spam (of which there is loads) and the same deluded dozen people re-reading it, wanting to see if anybody has added anything informative or witty in the comment section.

We are officially in a lull, which is rather a pleasant place to be, but I cannot believe that we can get through the whole of 2014 without a single journalist eventually stumbling over us, and announcing to the world that Morrissey has been secretly communicating with his fans on the internet for three years.... or perhaps we can, especially as the vast majority of Morrissey's own fans can't see what is right in front of their own faces. Surely though, with a new album and tour coming, it is only a matter of time before we are found?

What I do fail to understand, is WHY  Guardian journalist Kitty Empire DIDN'T follow up on her hunch of August 2011, when she (reviewing the concert at the London Palladium) wrote,

"It is a peculiarly solipsistic universe that Morrissey and his fans inhabit. The show in this plush old music hall theatre opens with the words "Welcome to my world". This is either a wry reference to Justin Bieber (who opens his shows with these words) or to a new blog, morrisseysworld.blogspot.com, written in a highly amusing parody of Morrissey's style. Is it him?"

(The whole piece can be read here: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/aug/14/morrissey-london-palladium-review)

Kitty has been the ONLY journalist to get close to discovering the truth, but WHY has she never followed it up? Is she lazy, or perhaps just not interested enough?

Kitty Empire
KITTY EMPIRE - LAZY SUNBATHER


So, while Kitty, Morrissey's fans, and the rest of the outside world continue to go about their business, Morrissey continues to sip Veuve Clicquot in the Twitterdilly Arms, in the guise of a shimmying beauty called Fifi.

Bikini Lady and Veuve Clicquot
FIFI BATHING IN VEUVE IN THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS..... YES, I KNOW SHE'LL KILL ME FOR THIS PHOTO, THAT WOMAN DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SHIMMYING BEAUTY...... PERHAPS THIS IS MORE FIFI LIKE:



FIFI



HEATHER AND EARS HAVE HEARD THAT FIFI IS ON HER WAY TO THE TWIT ARMS, AND MAKE APPROPRIATE PREPARATIONS

Morrissey has released a statement on the True-To-You website, announcing that the new album, 'World Peace is None of Your Business', was recorded at...... La Fabrique Studios in France. Well there's a surprise. Didn't I first mention that in my blog on Day 855? Here is the TTY statement:


Parlophone (UK) to issue Vauxhall and I by Morrissey on June 2nd as re-mastered by Bill Inglot; Photograph of Morrissey at La Fabrique Studios in France where the forthcoming World Peace Is None Of Your Business has been recorded
14 March 2014
Morrissey In France
Parlophone (UK) will issue Vauxhall and I by Morrissey on June 2nd as re-mastered by Bill Inglot in Los Angeles. The 1994 album will include previously unused photographs, and will be available on CD and LP.
Morrissey (above) is photographed at La Fabrique Studios in France where the forthcomingWorld Peace Is None Of Your Business has been recorded.
Photograph by Donnie, with thanks to Paula the dog.

I am presuming that Paula the dog is the chocolate labrador in the photo, or perhaps she is a completely different dog, who is holding Donnie's tripod? Either way, it is a lovely photo, which opens up a few questions, A) What is Moz holding in his hand? B) What make of plimsolLs is Moz wearing? C) Has Morr-ee-say been dieting? D) There is no D! E) Which Donnie took the photo?

The answer to question A) has been answered by Fifi in the Twitterdilly Arms, during a conversation with myself and Willow:

Ah! A recent pic! Looking good....& looks like he has a nice tan..

 15h
Tanned and a tad Veuve-tipsy maybe.

Yes...looks like he's nodding off a little...Hope he's not slurring on the album...& what on earth is he holding in his hand?

A Mont Blanc pen

Wow Fifi,darling.You DO have good eyesight! Suppose you can tell what sort of watch he's wearing too!

My eyesight is very poor. I just have good memory.

Were you hiding in the bushes spying?! Bad Fifi! Hope you didn't ruin your Louboutins.

I totally ruined them but it was worth it. I was given a free pen.

Can Paula the dog write?

No but she can sing.

Did she do backing vocals?

Yes, she is on track 4 "Barking mad"

Oh..thought he might have done a cover of the brilliant Baha Men classic..never mind..

A cappella Baha Men might be on the following album.

Can you imagine a Morrissey featuring the Baha Men collaboration? Solowers would melt. Actually, we ALL would!

I can't imagine that, it hurts my brain.

I CAN imagine it....including the video...my brain hurts now too.

Oh the video... Ouch!

Sorry sweetie.....maybe you should drink a few bottles of Veuve to numb the pain.

More Veuve and I'll start spreading discord as you know.

A MONT BLANC PEN, AS OFFERED TO PAULA THE DOG.... ACCORDING TO FIFI. (IT DOES LOOK VERY SIMILAR. LUCKY GUESS, I GUESS.)

This does of course throw up question A.i) WHY was Morrissey offering Paula a pen? Do the French not have chien chews?

I did ask Fifi if the plimsolL in question was a Fred Perry, but she avoided giving me a direct answer. Perhaps she doesn't want to give too much away, in case people start thinking that she might actually be Morrissey. As if people would EVER think that. Morrissey does look incredibly trim in the above photograph, which would tend to suggest he has been eating healthily in France. With regard to which Donnie took the photo, I presume that it is tour manager Donnie Knutson (as featured in my blog of yesterday), although I suppose it could be Donnie Osmond. No, wait, that's Donny. It has to be Knutson.

La Fabrique looks a magnificent place, and perhaps I had already been told that Morrissey was recording there. Maybe I was sworn to secrecy. There are many photos of La Fab on the internet:


Her Masters Voice...Paula.
PAULA LISTENS TO A PROMO OF WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS


THE POND AT LA FAB



THE BROCHURE LOOKS GREAT........






lafab.jpg
....... EVEN IN WINTER *COUGHS*

Speculation continues as to the influence of the new Morrissey album title, 'World Peace is None of Your Business', and an anonymous comment left on my blog the other day, suggests that it is a reference to this saying from MorrisseysWorld: "Tony Blair, world peace is none of your business." There is now no way of knowing if there is any truth to this particular piece of anonymous speculation, as both the MorrisseysWorld blog and twitter feed have gone, but maybe there is something in it? Personally, I still think that Morrissey stumbled across that Abraham-Hicks link. No doubt somebody will ask him soon. Actually, I will ask him. It's about time FTM had another Moz interview. I shall email him with some questions, and if he answers, I will post them on my blog. NOBODY will believe it's from Moz, because I am just a hairy-backed bullshitter, so it will be an exclusive interview for the Blue Rose Society. If anybody has a question that they would like me to ask, please write it in the comment section.


Meanwhile, back in the Twitterdilly Arms, Fifi is the only Morrissey pessoa currently frequenting the world's Number 1 online Morrissey theme pub, with Parody Moz, Astraea, Broken and Greyer Girl nowhere to be seen. Somebody has opened an account in the name '@ParodyMorrissey' but this is NOTHING to do with '@MorrisseyParody', as '@MorrisseysMum' has been quick to point out. The reason that I haven't counted Mum as one of the pessoas, is because that particular account has become almost like an official Morrissey account, in a strange, round about way, and certainly doesn't interact with any of the BRS like the pessoas do. In fact, Mum tends to interact with '@Banjaxer' more than anybody else, although three days ago, Mum i.e. Morrissey, communicated with...... Mike Joyce!!!! It would appear that Joyce is fully aware that Mum is Moz:

& bring you a unique exhibition celebrating the glory of Belle Vue Zoological Gardens 21-30 March curated by me

Excited about this.Enjoyed gigs & a disco there. Little know fact, a monkey bit me at Belle Vue!

Ever thought about suing the monkey? Might be worth a shot.

I thought the monkey treated me quite fairly, but i did in fact sue I was awarded 25%of the cost of having my finger replaced

And who paid for the other 75%?


COMMUNICATING

This morning, Fifi posted a great Youtube link to the making of 'Initials BB' by Serge Gainsbourg. I have to admit, I never really understood how Gainsbourg managed to attract beautiful women such as Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin, but the more I see of him, the more I m understanding his attraction. He is just so...... French!



JANE BIRKIN



BRIGITTE BARDOT



SERGE GAINSBOURG - SO FRENCH

The making of Initials BB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7Eq3b6t8E

That will do for today, but I must make mention of a great interview that Julie Hamill has carried out with former Coronation Street actress Julie 'Hayley Cropper' Hesmondhalgh. I have been a bit hard on Ms Hamill in the past, only because I desperately want her to see that Morrissey is among us, but I really do like her interviews, and the latest one with Julie Hes is probably her best yet. Julie Hes comes across as a HUGE Moz fan, with lots of passion for the songs. When she describes her love of the line 'When you look at me, you actually see me' from All the Lazy Dykes, it brought a tear to my eye. I LOVE that line. Here is my favourite section of the interview:

JHam:  Have you ever met Morrissey?
JHes:  Yes I have!  I was in Kendal’s in Manchester and I was on the escalator going up one lunchtime.  I glanced down and he was behind me!  You have never seen a more uncool performance in your life.  It was unbelievable.  I couldn’t believe it was him.  It was when he was living in LA so I had to really think, it’s him, it’s definitely him!  So I arrived at the top and he passed me and he went up the next escalator.
JHam:  Did you follow him? 
JHes:  Well I was frozen.  I stood at the bottom.  It had been wedged in my brain to shake his hand and say something like ‘thank you for all the pleasure you have given me.’  As he went on the escalator he could see that I was there, and I knew he was a Corrie fan, because he tried to be a scriptwriter for a while and he went out with Sally one night wandering around town trying to find other Corrie actors.  I just thought, there’s no way I can say this to him without sounding really pathetic.  So he was nearly at the top of the escalator and I was at the bottom and all that came out of my mouth was:
‘THANK YOU!’
He turned around and said ‘I think you’ve got me confused with somebody else.’  I lost all sense of irony and just went: ‘oh no!  It’s you!’  Again I thought, he’s getting away, he’s at the top I’m at the bottom.  He turned around and gave me a lovely smile and I just went:
‘ALL ME LIFE!’
And that was it!  It was all I could manage!  I went back to work in a stupor.   I was star struck.  I was shaking, saying:  ‘I just met Morrissey in Kendal’s!’ and somebody said ‘Neil Morrissey?’ and I said ‘f*** off!’  No disrespect to Neil but I wouldn’t be shaking with excitement over meeting him.

He didn’t have to be nice to me.  I think he’s really nice when he meets his genuine fans and he can see they must be overwhelmed.  I love the line in All the lazy dykes: ‘when you look at me you actually see me’.  This must hardly ever happen to him.  It must all be hero worship.  He’s one of the only real stars left, like Madonna.
JHam:  If Morrissey walked in here right now and said ‘alright Julie’ what would you say?
JHes:  I’d be like Oh my God Morrissey, serious to God, Julie is doing a book about you, and we’re doing an interview about you, what are the f***in chances of that happening?  Then I would also ask him if he remembers meeting me on the escalator in Kendal’s.
image
JULIE HESMONDHAIGH REINACTING THE 'ALL ME LIFE' MOMENT FOR JULIE HAMILL IN THEIR INTERVIEW - PHOTOGRAPH BY JULIE HAMILL

Julie Hamill's full interview with Julie Hesmondhalgh can be read here: http://www.juliehamill.com/post/79550289066/fifteen-minutes-with-julie-hesmondhalgh-actress-and

And finally Cyril, and finally Esther, Willow has announced that on March 19th, she will be 40. I owe an apology to Willow, because when she initially turned up in the Twitterdilly Arms, I was very suspicious of her; mainly because I am suspicious of anybody who just happens to stumble upon our quirky little group, but also because right from the word go, Willow established an unbelievable rapport with Morrissey. Most of us took a very long time to get over the 'Untouchable God' status of Moz, and in fact, it is only very recently that I have felt comfortable enough to call Morrissey a c*nt, but Willow was VERY relaxed in his company from the off. It led me to believe that Willow was perhaps Linder Sterling, but I now accept that she is not Linder, so I would like to apologise publicly, and wish Willow a happy 40th.

Incidentally, according to wiki and other sources on the internet, Linder Sterling was born in 1954, which means that she will be celebrating her 60th birthday this year, but there is NOWHERE on the internet, where it states Linder's birthdate. It would be great if members of the BRS could wish Linder a happy 60th, so can anybody tell me when her birthday is? Fifi theory? Maybe 'Mum' could tell us? Which reminds me, on International Women's Day last week, Mum posted this:


Breaking The Rules, Little Girls?


It is a reference to the Ludus (Linder) song 'Breaking The Rules, Little Girls': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQKQmXyyac




LINDER STERLING - LOOKING FAB AT 60 (OR 59) AND STILL BREAKING THE RULES


20 comments:

  1. stumbled across, found.. not for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know reading poor Hayley, sorry, I have to call her that, reminds me of seeing M in goose green Altrincham many years ago, I actually bottled it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus Christ! An APOLOGY?! About f*****g time you paranoid Rat! I suppose I should accept your apology graciously, but that would deny me the pleasure of making you suffer for the rest of your days. However, if you let me sit on your shoulders at a Morrissey gig all will be forgiven. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well the problem is the perception of morrissey by many 'fans'
    a/morrissey embracing technology (and having a sense of humour)
    ... not *morrissey* enough.

    I've said this many times, if it was Radiohead, their fans
    would find it out in about 0.01 nanoseconds.

    luckily for the BRS/D12 - we do not think like other M *fans*
    ... I totally agree with you rats, it is all rather frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will the UK be graced with a tour of many dates?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Powerful will the Artwork for the album be, and will there be some hidden symbolism in it that only few will pick up on?

    Wishing you the Best, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. ‘Mum….almost like an official Morrissey account, in a strange, round about way..’.
    ‘..Mum tends to interact with '@Banjaxer' more than anybody else..’
    **sighs**

    No idea who @ParodyMorrissey is, but looking at the tweet interaction that you copied above, this tweeter’s other handle of ‘Sue D Munquay’ is funny, as is the avi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, detective GWO, always level thinking as usual, I doth my cap to you madam

      Delete
    2. why, thank you kindly sir **takes a bow**

      Delete
    3. Unless Banjaxer has gone barking mad, there is no way he is mum. Defective GWO if you ask me. I do agree that Sue D Munquay looks very Banjaxer like though.

      Reg Dwong

      Delete
    4. I wasn’t asking you, but as you have butted in, why would Banjaxer have to be barking mad to be mum?
      Remember, anyone can be anyone on twitter, though how on earth you pulled off being Amanda Holden is beyond me.

      Delete
  8. Hello Rat, I like very much morrissey's picture with the dog, he wears the favourite shoes of my daughter "Converse" and looks very fit. About the pen, maybe, is a reference about his novel, maybe he finished to write, but, this days, who writes a novel with a pen? And as he was so busy recording a new disc how could he find the time to write? anyway the pen is surely a Mont Blanc, but it looks more like a fountain than a biro one. Simply we got to wait for discover something more.Linder looks very very beautiful and I admire her work very much and I wish I could listen more to her work of singer with Ludus, on you tube there is'nt many material and in Italy is'nt possible find their discs. The mum? Always the mum! I love her, I think her character was inspired by Norman Bates in Psyco and a little bit by Philomena Lynott....my fantasy! Have a nice evening Ratty, with all your family and all the people who read this faboulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some Ludus on Spotify: spotify:artist:1HKWErn8jwKiLxUUApQm4z

      Delete
  9. Great post as always Rats! Sending "Happy 60th birthday" wishes to Ms. Sterling (whenever the date is)!
    Monti

    ReplyDelete
  10. What striking surroundings La Fabrique studios are set in, it looks wonderful.
    Lovely to see a recent photo of Morrissey looking so fit & healthy.

    I do hope Fifi is in good humour when she sees that first pic Rats!
    Birthday wishes to Linder - she most defiantly doesn't look anywhere near 60.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Definitely' not defiantly! - My apologies

      Delete
    2. Defiantly sounds sooo much better :))

      Delete
  11. I wish I could look even half as good as Linder when I'm close to 60 - she's quite an amazing lady. I love the pics with Paula the dog and would love to know the story behind the pen. I also really enjoyed the interview with Julie Hes - that line from Lazy Dykes is one of my favorites. Rats, I wish you luck with your interview attempt, as I would also like to know more about the new album title.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, Happy Birthday to the lovely Linder Sterling. Second, since tomorrow is St. Patty's day, I wanted to send this little Irish quote I read, to Moz, Rat and all the BRS members...
    May you always have walls for the winds,
    a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
    laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
    and all your heart might desire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I skipped over all the Twitter bits (I gave it up for lent, I was getting a bit too attached) How long still til Easter? I will begin Dantes inferno on Good Friday and journey with him a while...a lull is indeed a nice place to be.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive