Total Pageviews

Friday, 4 April 2014

Day 933 - "Many people do not LIVE what they ARE."

I have been informed by the author of yesterday's blog tale, that the tale wasn't a dig at me (I actually quite liked being a Princess), and that the mentioning of blue rose withering was a mistake. I think, but I don't actually know, that the author was trying to say they didn't believe Banjaxer's toilet confession to me about Mum being three people, although personally, I have no idea why Banjaxer would make such a thing up! I have to say, I have accepted Banjaxer's confession to be true, and if I am being made a fool of, then so be it...... and whilst on the subject of Mum, there has been no further tweets about The Monochrome Set, and NOBODY else seems interested in the subject at all, so although I have now gained Bid as a follower, it is time to move on.


BID, MY LATEST TWITTER FOLLOWER...... BUT NOT A DRINKER IN THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS.... THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, A BIG DIFFERENCE


All remains quiet on the Moz front. The only thing of any interest for me to write about today, is Astraea's visit to the Twitterdilly Arms in the early hours of this morning. Astraea posted pictures, played T.Rex on the jukebox and conversed with Harrison about art; a conversation which included the thought provoking title of today's blog :

Through art to virtue, he said. But a life, can also be art. You can make, mold, or shape a life. But my life is also my art. So,... not through art to virtue, like he said. But through LIFE to art,... said she. Because art is not a separate, finite, stand alone thing. An extrinsic output, or detachable from one's self, like a child's hood. NEVER. And so when it strikes me that many people do not LIVE what they ARE, I wonder to myself, then what ARE they? And what ARE they LIVING? Vous comprenez? Life should always be art.

 13h
May I humbly ask a question? Art can be such a broad term. I wonder what your definition or interpretation of art is?

Art is what elevates you to a place where no one can touch your thoughts anymore, where you finally feel yourself come alive.

Do you think most people live the way society tells them and don't really think outside outside of that box?

With my tongue only marginally ensconced in my cheek, I am tempted to say I think most people don't think very much - at all.


PLAYED BY ASTRAEA IN THE TWITTERDILLY ARMS











Embedded image permalink
STEVE MCQUEEN - POSTED BY ASTRAEA



MARILYN MONROE AND ARTHUR MILLER..... IT'S ALL IN THE EYES - POSTED BY ASTRAEA


Embedded image permalink
BRIGITTE BARDOT AND MICHEL PICCOLI IN JEAN-LUC GODARD'S CONTEMPT - POSTED BY ASTRAEA


Embedded image permalink
JEAN-PAUL BELMONDO AND AND ANNA KARINA IN GODARD'S PIERROT LE FOU - PICTURES POSTED BY ASTRAEA

I am guessing that Astraea has been watching a few Jean-Luc Godard films. As I had a free morning, this morning, I decided to read up on the work of Jean-Luc Godard. I had no idea that he was A) Still alive or B) Once married to Anna Karina..... but then again, why would I know, I know nothing! I have also been looking at photos as I read:

rosedarling:

Jean-Luc Godard, Anna Karina and Jean-Paul Belmondo, 1965.
GODARD, KARINA AND BELMONDO


peggymoffitt:

Anna K & Jean-Luc G
KARINA AND GODARD


Anna Karina and Jean-Luc Godard on the set of Vivre sa vie / My Life to Live (1962)
KARINA AND GODARD AGAIN

It would appear that the reason Karina left Godard, was because of his devotion to his art. They divorced in 1965, the year that Pierrot Le Fou was made.

Astraea has pointed out that, "life is my art", but if somebody like Godard's life is their art, then how can they possibly be expected to have the distraction of another person FULL TIME in their life? The answer is, they can't, it's impossible. Artists such as Godard and Morrissey would surely end up NOT living what they ARE if they had the distraction of a partner?

The only way it could ever possibly work for an artist to have a full time partner, is for the partner to want nothing! According to Anna Karina's bio, she spent her childhood "terribly wanting to be loved", so falling in love with an artist was NOT a good idea. Karina has since had four more husbands, so I guess her childhood search continued right through adulthood. She is now 73. Has she found love yet? I cannot seem to find reference as to what she is currently up to, or if she is married.

Anna Karina Actress Anna Karina attends the A Prophet Premiere held at the Palais Des Festivals during the 62nd International Cannes Film Festival on May 16, 2009 in Cannes, France.  (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Anna Karina
ANNA KARINA IN 2009




Rather interestingly, Godard had Brigitte Bardot wear a wig for some of the scenes in in the film Contempt, which made her look distinctly like Anna:


BRIGITTE BARDOT IN BLACK WIG




BARDOT AND GODARD



BLONDE BRIGITTE WITH GODARD

And what of Jean-Luc Godard? I have read that he now lives reclusively in Switzerland. He is 83.  "Through LIFE to art,.... she said."

I wonder if Morrissey has ever met Godard? And WHO are the he and she that Astraea wrote of? I seem to spend my life asking questions, but rarely finding answers.

And finally, Kristeen Young has tweeted that her new album has arrived in stock. Despite my dilemma of last week (was it last week, it all blurs), I finally decided to order the cd, and NOT the vinyl..... there was no 'Kylie option'!....... and so I now eagerly await it's arrival. I have been playing the song Pearl of a Girl on repeat, and I LOVE it.

CDs have arrived! Vinyl not for another month. Order here: http://www.kristeenyoung.com/store.html


And finally finally, "Life is a pigsty,.... he said", and yesterday I visited LIFE.... new life:





Embedded image permalink

6 comments:

  1. my my Anna Karen has changed, no glasses..Olive. Olive oh wrong one.. silly me

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thanks & appreciation to Astraea for the beautiful & profound words - they have been with me all day.

    I shall be ordering Kristeen's album. I'm very much looking forward to listening to it.

    Great pics, goodness Steve McQueen was so handsome. And those piglets are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no answers to some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats, according to what I read, it appears that Anna is still married to her fifth husband, whom she married in 2009. Astraea's contributions are greatly appreciated, and I look forward to becoming better acquainted with Godard's films. I did find the Monochrome Set / Mum coincidence interesting - time will tell if there's any significance to it. I just have to say that life seems like less of a pigsty with those charming piglets in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful words by Astraea...

    ReplyDelete
  6. On TV tonight 'Le Mepris' by Godard.
    http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/018170-000/le-mepris

    Great post Rah and beautiful words by lovely Astraea.

    You are missed.
    Mademoiselle F.

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive