Total Pageviews

Friday, 11 April 2014

Day 940 - MorrisseysWorld Goes Dot Com

The problem with writing a review on something when it first comes out, especially an album, is that over a period of time, one's opinion can change. It was only two days ago that I wrote my review of Kristeen Young's new album, The Knife Shift, but already I am finding that some of the tracks that initially didn't grab me, are now gripping me around the throat and squeezing tight. I have already re-written my review twice, but if I were to re-write it again today, I would be raving about The Answer To All Your Problems Is In This Little Bottle, and yet two days ago, I wrote "good without being a highlight of the album." It IS a highlight of the album!

I have now had The Knife Shift playing constantly for two and a half days, and I have surprised myself at just how much I love it. I LOVE IT! The one thing that I am really pleased about, is that the lyrics are included, otherwise I'm not sure I would have quite the same attachment to the songs.  Put Down is DEFINITELY the best song on the album......... although by tea time, that may well have changed!


BATTERED, BRUISED AND THROAT GRIPPINGLY GOOD

Right then, back to MorrisseysWorld, or should that be MorrisseysWorld.Com? A new twitter account arrived on the scene yesterday called '@MorrisseyWorld'. The first two tweets were pretty nondescript, and so my initial thought was that somebody was pretending to be 'Pretend Moz'..... which is sacrilege! The account had an avatar showing a man's hand with 'Take me home' written on it in black pen. Was this Morrissey's hand, and had he written it whilst flying back to LA, or was it the faker's hand, trying to give the impression that it was Moz flying back to LA? And would Morrissey call LA home? The last time I asked him, home was a question mark*.

'@MorrisseyWorld' quickly disappeared, but reappeared a little later, and started tweeting about art, and parody within art. These tweets made me sit up and pay attention, the account certainly bore a similarity to the 'Fake Mozzer' we know and love, but having gone out to do a bit of work in my garden, I returned to find that the account had once again disappeared.

This morning, I awoke to find that '@MorrisseyWorld' was back, this time with an avatar of Oscar Wilde's hand written words to Roses and Rue. The new MW account is using the moniker Morrissey's World (Note the apostrophe), and has a website listed, 'MorrisseysWorld.Com'. Now, either this is one elaborate hoax; or actually a hoax of a hoax if you believe that the whole of MorrisseysWorld was a hoax in the first place, or something is brewing.


WILDE AND BOSIE CONTEMPLATE THE OWNERSHIP OF MORRISSEYSWORLD.COM

A few days ago, I mentioned that I had carried out a little bit of research, and discovered that somebody had registered the web address 'WorldPeaceIsNoneOfYourBusiness.Com'. This morning I carried out some similar research, to find out more about the registration of 'MorrisseysWorld.Com', and I quickly discovered that the website was registered YESTERDAY, and is currently being hosted by a hosting company called Go Daddy.Com. I immediately remembered that 'WorldPeaceIsNoneOfYourBusiness.Com' was also being hosted by Go Daddy! A coincidence? Possibly. I researched a little further, and discovered that the World Peace website was registered in March by...... a Mr Donald Knutson of Austin Texas!


BLUE ROSE MEMBER DONALD KNUTSON - MORRISSEY'S TOUR MANAGER AND REGISTERED OWNER OF WORLDPEACEISNONEOFYOURBUSINESS.COM

'MorrisseysWorld.Com' seems to have been registered in Arizona, but the register's name has been withheld. It would appear that for now, the owner of MorrissyesWorld is NONE of our business. The person behind the new MW twitter account has tweeted, "true-to-you.net morrisseysworld.com". They have also tweeted "WORLDPEACEISNONEOFYOURBUSINESS". Are we about to see an 'Official' Morrissey website take over from TTY? Are the two new websites going to be linked together? Oh the irony if Morrissey were to start an official website, and call it MorrisseysWorld. It would be the BIGGEST coincidence of all.


ROSES AND RUE

I have nothing else to add today, except to say that it looks as though we may have lost Fifi for good! This comment was left yesterday:

I have my own theory on fifi. I think she is a 30-something french spinster who has no friends.
She doesn't work and is on benefits.
She doesn't speak to anyone but her horse.
She's read too much Cocteau and watched too much Godard and she is boring us with her french so called culture.
Go back where you came from Fifi, we don't need you here.

I don't believe for one minute that Fifi was on benefits..... although come to think of it, I don't remember her ever putting her hand in her purse to buy the drinks, so maybe she was! If Fifi has been left behind in France, we must hope that an LA replacement has been lined up to keep us entertained in The Twitterdilly Arms.


FIFI - LEFT IN FRANCE WITH HER CHEVAL



BB - ALSO LEFT BEHIND IN FRANCE


WE WILL MISS YOU BRIGITTE




THE NEW LA FIFI?

And finally, Manc Lad left a comment on my last blog entry to say that Morrissey couldn't have left the message about airbrushing, as he was mid flight, and Manc Lad was right! It has been brought to my attention that the person who called me insolent for mentioning airbrushing, and who signed themselves off as P.Nya c/o Lada, may have been none other than the 'Guru of the Grape' himself, Mr Martin 'Boz' Boorer.

And on the subject of the man behind the subtle rock-a-billy guitar sound on Kristeen Young's Rough Up The Groove, the very slim looking Mr Boorer, will this Sunday be opening his new record shop, Vinyl Boutique. We here at FTM wish Boz and Lyn all the very best in their exciting new venture, and I look forward to visiting VERY soon. You have been warned!


BOZ 'GURU OF THE GRAPE' BOORER AND WIFE LYN OUTSIDE @VINYL_BOUTIQUE


COMIC BOOK NIGHTMARE BY BOZ BOORER - 7 INCH PURPLE VINYL RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY FOR RECORD STRORE DAY - APRIL 19TH

* Home is a question mark was the answer given by Morrissey during my interview with him in May 2012 - See Here: http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/interview-with-morrissey-conducted-on.html

*Goes off singing* You wear the skin of a friend I used to have. What have you done with him?

Foot Note..... which has NOT been written by my foot - Donnie Knutson isn't new to websites, he once had a blog, which in fact bore a striking resemblance to both the original MorrisseysWorld blog and the Ringleader blog that proceeded it. It makes you wonder if Donnie is somewhere hidden amongst the characters of MorrisseysWorld. I'd FANCY he is!

http://donnieknutson.blogspot.co.uk/2009_06_01_archive.html

http://ringleaderofthetormentors1972.blogspot.co.uk

14 comments:

  1. Very sad to lose Fifi- I will miss her Veuve swilling, shimmying ways.

    As for the mystery surrounding the new person in the Arms, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that L.A has always been his home
    I believe that his house still belongs to him

    Boz wearing Moz Krew made my day to see that he still wears our club shirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fascinating that donnie's website from 2009 looks identical to ringerleader by MW from the same period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fascinating that donnie's website from 2009 looks identical to ringerleader by MW from the same period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I would be excited about this MorrisseyWorld business, but the account owner has blocked me, along with @southkirk. Not sure what we've done to deserve this, but I'd say we're both feeling a little victimised right now! Ratty, do you know anything about this?
    Now I'm going to sulk & play sad Morrissey songs & mourn for my beloved Fifi. How I miss the dancing & the verbal abuse...& occasional violence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry about being blocked un blocked etc.. mood swings play a large part

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. dear whiskers, I think I may have underestimated you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also sad to hear that Fifi will not be around these parts ;-( She was classy and sometimes could be a lil bit sassy :-) She had impeccable musical tastes and was quite the impressive danseuse. I like to think she is in some distant galaxy, shimmying and having a glass of Veuve and smiling down on us singing "Earth is The Loneliest Planet".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Fifi will be missed very much. Yesterday, the new twit account tweeted 'World Peace Is None of Your Business' and a link to TTY; today the track listing is announced on TTY - seems like more than a coincidence. Can't wait for the new album, the song titles are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent research, by the way. Dips me lid to you all.

      Delete
  9. Fifi was always such a delight. Sad news of her departure, but she will not be forgotten.
    Just catching up on the days news, there is much to be absorbed.

    WOW those song titles sound SO enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hang on. MW famously tweeted Istanbul - twice - for absolutely no reason in 2012 when no one knew of the song's existence. OK it's on the album. But the title track is also an MW tweet, as is the album name. And remember when Broken referred to Judd Trump and Doug Mountjoy on twitter? One song called Mountjoy!

    All coincidences of course!

    Lyn Boorer

    ReplyDelete

Mozziah Archive