Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Day 958 - "That thing he does"

The debate continues as to what design should be used for the new Blue Rose Society t-shirt, so today I am going to throw some more options out to the members of the BRS. A number of the members seem to like the idea of having the photo of Jean Cocteau doing his drawing at the Notre Dame de France church in London, but aren't so sure on the wording to use.


JEAN COCTEAU DRAWING AT THE NOTRE DAME DE FRANCE CHURCH IN LONDON - 1959

Some members of the BRS have argued that the t-shirt shouldn't be asking the question "Who are the Blue Rose Society?", because we already know who we are, although if the shirt is just for Morrissey to wear, then that wouldn't matter as much. Personally, I think we have to have a t-shirt that everybody can wear, Morrissey included, so perhaps the idea of asking the question isn't such a good one.

Maybe we could use the picture of Cocteau and use it as him responding to Wilde's question of "WHO IS MORRISSEY?", with our t-shirt saying "MORRISSEY IS THE ROSE!" or rather, "MORRISSEY EST LA ROSE!".... although I'm not sure Morrissey would wear that... but he might, he might.

 If the objective is for us to design a BRS shirt that Morrissey will wear, then I would think that subtlety has to be the key. GWO has suggested that we just have a shirt with the name Morrissey written on it, with NO picture, and that the letters o, r, s and e are all in the colour BLUE, thus creating a blue rose within the name Morrissey without it being obvious. The other letters of his name could perhaps be in red and white, thus giving the effect of it representing America, or France, or the UK etc MORRISSEY.

If we are to stick with using a Cocteau photo; and after all, Cocteau has played a major part in our journey this winter, then perhaps it would be better to use a colour version of his painting of the Blue Rose, but the photo doesn't have Cocteau in it, so we would have to have a slogan as opposed to speech bubbles.



If we were to use the above photo, we could have the word 'Morrissey' above the photo, and "I'm Not a Man"(title of one of the new album songs) underneath, which could be interpreted as Mary not being a man, or the camp soldier not being a man, or indeed the wearer of the t-shirt making the statement that they aren't a man, which actually makes a great t-shirt for the humasexual. The t-shirt would also include an actual blue rose, and what is more, it's Cocteau's blue rose.

Right then, here are the options:

A) Black & White Cocteau photo with a speech bubble saying "MORRISSEY EST LA ROSE!"

B) A slightly more subtle version of the above, with the speech bubble saying "MAURICET EST LA ROSE!"


C) A black shirt with no picture and the name  MORRISSEYwritten in red, white and blue, with the word rose written in blue.

D) The coloured Cocteau painting with Morrissey written above and "I'm Not a Man" written below.


Yesterday I wrote about Clover Dean's first ever meeting with Moz, and although she posted a blurry picture of Moz, and was obviously very excited by the experience, I asked her to actually write how she felt, and she came back with this.... which is just BRILLIANT :

 
I was talking to Mr. D (playing BG) lol for a good minute & Jessie & Moz walk up right b4 I say goodbye to D. I say "Hello Jessie" & he saids: "Hi!" Jessie recognised me. Then Moz comes up it was literally in slow motion lol. It was like this: I'm look down so is Moz, we both look up at each other at the same time & I tell him: "Hello Steven". We locked eyes for a second & he smiles shyly & he grins w/ a "Hello, hello" & he bows down a bit , that thing he does lol. I have that moment on replay in my head all day today, he has a great tan. He actually looks like he worked out, his chest is a bit buff & & his eyes are sparkly blue also his hair is greyish & soft looking! U wanna run ur fingers thru it... & that face w/ that smile, he is stunning. I say his blue, blue eyes so good... I wanted to cry. He's beautiful. Just beautiful & kind & sweet. It was perfect.

Me & my friend Joe & boo JJ at Cat and Fiddle meeting Morrissey & Jessie Tobias inside.
CLOVER DEAN (LEFT) OUTSIDE THE CAT & FIDDLE YESTERDAY


OLD SPARKLY BLUE EYES

I am really short of time today, so I shall now sign off, but Heather has brought to my attention this recent picture by Morrissey's nephew, Sam Esty-Rayner, of 'Morrissey's Marilyn Monroe', in which MM appears to be sporting a BLUE ROSE on her arm! It was only last week that I posted a picture of MM on my blog, suggesting that she could be the new Fifi! Coincidence? Yes, but still interesting!

Embedded image permalink
MORRISSEY'S MARILYN BY SAM ESTY-RAYNER

Astraea has returned to the Twitterdilly Arms, and has been playing songs on the jukebox by Joe Dolan. All of Astraea's selections have of course shot straight into the Twitterdilly Arms Chart. There have been no other sightings of pessoas to report.


And finally, the president of the Blue Rose Society has met Kristeen Young, whose album, The Knife Shift is in danger of being worn out by me soon.... I JUST LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.




Embedded image permalink
KRISTEEN YOUNG - JEALOUS OF LOVED CHILDREN, OR HAPPY TO MEET THE PRESIDENT OF THE BRS?


TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 20

1. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME (LIVE IN SINGAPORE.... LOOKING FOR A BLUE ROSE AT THE END.... OH, MANC LAD!) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwJjeUMvbww



2. DEATH OF A DISCO DANCER - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8qObWe3f0

3. A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE LAND IS OURS (LIVE IN MANCHESTER) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS09X83gk18



4. OH OH CHERI - FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7QglZfKHo&feature=youtu.be

5. FUNNEL OF LOVE - WANDA JACKSON (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXV19NfP3hA&feature=youtu.be

6. YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD LOOKING WOMAN - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGVOEm0apoI

7. MOI JE JOUE - BRIGITTE BARDOT (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wtZ_Spjm4&feature=youtu.be





8. THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IS IN THIS LITTLE BOTTLE - KRISTEEN YOUNG (DOWN 2 ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSBDmJhHPk

9. CRAZY WOMAN - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6nIiTNf9k

10. THAT'S ALL - SISTER ROSETTA THARPE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bX5mzdihs

11. SOME VELVET MORNING - NANCY SINATRA & LEE HAZELWOOD (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4km_BfbPxJw&feature=youtu.be

12. MALADJUSTED - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJggmIqPIU

13. TAUT DE BELLES CHOSES - FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Ts8Ix1gqA&feature=youtu.be

14. I WON'T SHARE YOU - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyfXnhcL4I0

15. GOODBYE VENICE - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzYAuKwYskI

16. YOU'RE THE BEST THING - THE STYLE COUNCIL (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HMAVU1k7kg&feature=youtu.be

17. STILL ILL (LIVE IN GENOA) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jThg9kdDJ0&feature=youtu.be

18. GOOD LOOKING MAN ABOUT TOWN - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ68YXIuyMU

19. THE RAT - THE WALKMEN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWR1h-5EzUo



20. OBOE CONCERTO - MOZART (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhygJyCvYeA


Embedded image permalink

21 comments:

  1. Morrissey written on it, with NO picture, and that the letters o, r, s and e are all in the colour BLUE

    - yes this is perfect - PERFECT ... but just blue letters
    adding other colours will not make it as effective/unique
    the blue letters would just get lost ... with just blue
    the person looking at it would have to THINK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - just the blue letters. I also agree with EARS though - preferred yesterday's options.

      Delete
  2. I preferred yesterdays options personally. But I would pick A or C from today's choices.
    Thanks for writing Rat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like c

    But I have 2 ideas I will post on my Facebook

    Yesterday I asked Boz for his shirt size
    I told him that the blue rose society would like to give him a brs shirt

    He replayed with uH oh and gave me his size

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll NEVER all agree, just do your own thing!

      Delete
    2. Still censoring comments I see.
      What point in having a blog where you rule and divide
      and edit anything that destroys your little world ?
      You are a total idiot and nasty as well.

      Dick Dastardly

      Delete
    3. This blog is for people who have embraced the idea of a Blue Rose Society and want to exchange their excitement of being a Morrissey fan. Divisive comments, particularly anonymous are just not welcome. Go to Solow or start your own blog if you want a fight.

      Delete
    4. Why allow Des peration to post then ?

      Delete
    5. I have been wondering the same thing too! Des is barred!

      Delete
    6. Aw I'm 'truly' butthurt that you deleted my 'truly' honest application to the Blue Rose Society so rudely. You're going to delete this crap as soon as you wake up anyway, which is fine, and no worries that anybody reads this and makes up their own mind, your blog layout prevents it. Let me say that I completely understand you. There's so much pressure on you, you just MUST appear superiour, wittier, smarter than everyone else, all of the time, so I feel compassion for you when you're forced to deal with awkward individuals like me. I actually feel a bit bad now for compelling you to even make up a fake conversation with yourself, so that banning me seems remotely justified... I might come back as an applauding and fawning and compliant lemming, just to take the piss out of you, because that's what you do to gullible Morrissey fans who hope to find their hero amongst your "community". I'd be truly (sic) interested in this, if you'd allow different and challenging opinions, but that would be too much to handle, and I say this without irony... This is the best proof that Morrissey is NOT behind it, because I think he'd prefer uniqueness over conformity. Lucky for you, I just found a Coldplay forum to troll, so I won't bother you for a while.

      Des

      Delete
  4. How about THIS idea? The Jean Cocteau picture with a speech bubble saying "Morrissey? Sacré bleu!" The four letters spelling rose in Morrissey's name could be in blue.

    Sacré bleu is a French term of astonishment. Translation; "sacred blue" refers to Christ's mother, Mary, often depicted in art in blue dress. The subversive tone is derived from the question of Mary's immaculate conception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like it! We're spoilt for choice...& we only have until next Thursday to choose. I suppose ultimately it's up to Vulgar1mkela though.

      Delete
  5. Thanks to Clover for sharing her meeting with Morrissey with us.
    But 'hello Steven' - what possessed you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My head is starting to spin with all these choices (In a good way of course). All of the choices are delightful. Whatever you guys choose will be a lovely selection. :-) I can't imagine calling Our Moz, Steven. I'd probably have trouble just saying Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C or D

    Especially like D, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Ratty that the design must be subtle, which in my opinion rules out any obvious mention of the BRS or roses. However, I don't think it should be so specific to the BRS that the majority of people would look at it in bewilderment and not be able to glean some meaning from it. For this reason, I'm leaning away from the Cocteau ideas and gravitating towards GWO's idea (C) in blue and white letters only (no red). Because this idea is quite subtle though, I'm wondering if it might have more impact accompanied by a picture, such as the infamous owl-eyes pic of Moz on Conan's show. Not sure how good that pic would look on a shirt, but it's an iconic pic for the BRS and its message complements the meaning of the blue letters. I also like the fact that, at first glance, the shirt would appear to be just another fan shirt, but it also has an underlying meaning of special significance to the BRS.

    I loved hearing Clover's story and, like Harrison, I would've been too awe-struck to get any words out. Thanks for sharing, Clover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved hearing about clovers story, although like Harrison I'd probably have difficulty just saying hello. I agree with Heathercat about only the letters in the name that spell out rose being blue--no red, and possibly having a picture like the owl eyes. As for a picture of Cocteau, are you sure it would be legal to use it or his artwork without permission from his heirs or whoever has control of it? #BRS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ratty, forgot to mention how much I liked the countdown today and the pics--most of Moz or r/t him, and I see you even found a song for yourself 'The Rat'. I thought of one more idea r/t shirt, that if there is a problem using the pic of Moz with owl eyes, you can always use a pic or drawing of an actual owl saying "Who Is Morrissey?" or something on that order, with the letters spelling rose in blue. Just a thought. Hope you are feeling better and wish the BRlS a good week--or what's left of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what Sam's Marilyn represents! It's all in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Ratty for sharing my story... I was so incredibly nervous, but afterwards really... It all happened so quickly but it really felt like a dream lol Thank you Heather, & GWO my gosh I don't know what came over me lol I thought about it after, but I wanted to treat him just like anybody else (even tho he's not just anyone) lol But I wanted to say hello right & w/ respect. I was just in shock to be around all of them. I had a good short chat w/ Damon who was very nice. Made him chuckle lol But thank you guys! I think about it everyday lol Just the way it all went down. As for the shirt I go w/ C & D definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can u tell I was still in shock & nervous while telling my story?! lol It was shortly after I met him, my spelling was bad! Sorry for that...

      Delete

Mozziah Archive