JEAN COCTEAU DRAWING AT THE NOTRE DAME DE FRANCE CHURCH IN LONDON - 1959
Some members of the BRS have argued that the t-shirt shouldn't be asking the question "Who are the Blue Rose Society?", because we already know who we are, although if the shirt is just for Morrissey to wear, then that wouldn't matter as much. Personally, I think we have to have a t-shirt that everybody can wear, Morrissey included, so perhaps the idea of asking the question isn't such a good one.
Maybe we could use the picture of Cocteau and use it as him responding to Wilde's question of "WHO IS MORRISSEY?", with our t-shirt saying "MORRISSEY IS THE ROSE!" or rather, "MORRISSEY EST LA ROSE!".... although I'm not sure Morrissey would wear that... but he might, he might.
If the objective is for us to design a BRS shirt that Morrissey will wear, then I would think that subtlety has to be the key. GWO has suggested that we just have a shirt with the name Morrissey written on it, with NO picture, and that the letters o, r, s and e are all in the colour BLUE, thus creating a blue rose within the name Morrissey without it being obvious. The other letters of his name could perhaps be in red and white, thus giving the effect of it representing America, or France, or the UK etc MORRISSEY.
If we are to stick with using a Cocteau photo; and after all, Cocteau has played a major part in our journey this winter, then perhaps it would be better to use a colour version of his painting of the Blue Rose, but the photo doesn't have Cocteau in it, so we would have to have a slogan as opposed to speech bubbles.
If we were to use the above photo, we could have the word 'Morrissey' above the photo, and "I'm Not a Man"(title of one of the new album songs) underneath, which could be interpreted as Mary not being a man, or the camp soldier not being a man, or indeed the wearer of the t-shirt making the statement that they aren't a man, which actually makes a great t-shirt for the humasexual. The t-shirt would also include an actual blue rose, and what is more, it's Cocteau's blue rose.
Right then, here are the options:
A) Black & White Cocteau photo with a speech bubble saying "MORRISSEY EST LA ROSE!"
B) A slightly more subtle version of the above, with the speech bubble saying "MAURICET EST LA ROSE!"
C) A black shirt with no picture and the name MORRISSEYwritten in red, white and blue, with the word rose written in blue.
D) The coloured Cocteau painting with Morrissey written above and "I'm Not a Man" written below.
Yesterday I wrote about Clover Dean's first ever meeting with Moz, and although she posted a blurry picture of Moz, and was obviously very excited by the experience, I asked her to actually write how she felt, and she came back with this.... which is just BRILLIANT :
Clover Dean Ⓜ️ @MozzeriansATW
CLOVER DEAN (LEFT) OUTSIDE THE CAT & FIDDLE YESTERDAY
OLD SPARKLY BLUE EYES
I am really short of time today, so I shall now sign off, but Heather has brought to my attention this recent picture by Morrissey's nephew, Sam Esty-Rayner, of 'Morrissey's Marilyn Monroe', in which MM appears to be sporting a BLUE ROSE on her arm! It was only last week that I posted a picture of MM on my blog, suggesting that she could be the new Fifi! Coincidence? Yes, but still interesting!
MORRISSEY'S MARILYN BY SAM ESTY-RAYNER
Astraea has returned to the Twitterdilly Arms, and has been playing songs on the jukebox by Joe Dolan. All of Astraea's selections have of course shot straight into the Twitterdilly Arms Chart. There have been no other sightings of pessoas to report.
And finally, the president of the Blue Rose Society has met Kristeen Young, whose album, The Knife Shift is in danger of being worn out by me soon.... I JUST LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.
KRISTEEN YOUNG - JEALOUS OF LOVED CHILDREN, OR HAPPY TO MEET THE PRESIDENT OF THE BRS?
TWITTERDILLY ARMS TOP 20
1. LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME (LIVE IN SINGAPORE.... LOOKING FOR A BLUE ROSE AT THE END.... OH, MANC LAD!) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwJjeUMvbww
2. DEATH OF A DISCO DANCER - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8qObWe3f0
3. A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE LAND IS OURS (LIVE IN MANCHESTER) - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS09X83gk18
4. OH OH CHERI - FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7QglZfKHo&feature=youtu.be
5. FUNNEL OF LOVE - WANDA JACKSON (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXV19NfP3hA&feature=youtu.be
6. YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD LOOKING WOMAN - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGVOEm0apoI
7. MOI JE JOUE - BRIGITTE BARDOT (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wtZ_Spjm4&feature=youtu.be
8. THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS IS IN THIS LITTLE BOTTLE - KRISTEEN YOUNG (DOWN 2 ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSBDmJhHPk
9. CRAZY WOMAN - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6nIiTNf9k
10. THAT'S ALL - SISTER ROSETTA THARPE (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bX5mzdihs
11. SOME VELVET MORNING - NANCY SINATRA & LEE HAZELWOOD (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4km_BfbPxJw&feature=youtu.be
12. MALADJUSTED - MORRISSEY (DOWN 3):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJggmIqPIU
13. TAUT DE BELLES CHOSES - FRANÇOISE HARDY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Ts8Ix1gqA&feature=youtu.be
14. I WON'T SHARE YOU - THE SMITHS (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyfXnhcL4I0
15. GOODBYE VENICE - JOE DOLAN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzYAuKwYskI
16. YOU'RE THE BEST THING - THE STYLE COUNCIL (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HMAVU1k7kg&feature=youtu.be
17. STILL ILL (LIVE IN GENOA) - MORRISSEY (RE-ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jThg9kdDJ0&feature=youtu.be
18. GOOD LOOKING MAN ABOUT TOWN - MORRISSEY (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ68YXIuyMU
19. THE RAT - THE WALKMEN (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWR1h-5EzUo
20. OBOE CONCERTO - MOZART (NEW ENTRY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhygJyCvYeA